Weightlifting contest: Nemesis (Resident Evil) vs Spider-Man

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Spider-man (Peter Parker) and Nemesis duke it out in a battle of who can lift the most weight. They are lifting an adamantium box that can magically augment its weight to any number. They each have to carry the box as long and far as possible. First person to get tired and drop the box loses. Who emerges the victor?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Soooo what feats does Nemesis actually have to put him on Spider-Man's level?

Avatar image for living_monstrosity
Living_Monstrosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

He's big and his rocket launcher is too heavy for a regular human. plus he busts through solid walls.

kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kajitatsu

@Living_Monstrosity: Too heavy for a regular human is pretty vague, Spider-man's lifted cars and train carriages.

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

If we count Operation Raccoon City he does have 1 strength feat. He pushes a downed city bus across the street to crush Jill and causes it to flip and land on its wheels. Now city buses range in weight but a large one like the one Nemesis threw can weight 28,000 - 40,000 lbs.

Skip to 15:56

Considering he was able to push this one that far while it was on its side as metal was creating friction with the ground the whole time it moved, I'd say Nemesis can lift much more than that.

Then again I'm not sure what Spider-Man's strength class is so I'm not sure how this feat compares to Spider-Man's displays of strength.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Living_Monstrosity said:

@god_spawn said:

He's big and his rocket launcher is too heavy for a regular human. plus he busts through solid walls.

That's nothing Spider-Man can't accomplish with relative ease.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By _Psy_

Spider-Man. In a landslide.
Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ohgawd

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@god_spawn said:

If we count Operation Raccoon City he does have 1 strength feat. He pushes a downed city bus across the street to crush Jill and causes it to flip and land on its wheels. Now city buses range in weight but a large one like the one Nemesis threw can weight 28,000 - 40,000 lbs.

Considering he was able to push this one that far while it was on its side as metal was creating friction with the ground the whole time it moved, I'd say Nemesis can lift much more than that.

Damn! 0_0

@_Punk_ said:

Nemesis. In a landslide.
_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By _Psy_
@Ohgawd
Spider-Man could probably replicate that bus feat. He managed to support a collapsing building on his shoulders, with the only base being his own feet. In fact, I believe he was injured when he did that. 
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BringnIt

If that is Nemesis's best strength feat, there's no comparison. Spider-Man has lifted a tank above his head, stabilized a building from collapsing and has numerous strength feats above his official 10 ton rating. He's even picked up Kingpin.

The_Gravix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Gravix

Even if nemesis had the strength of spiderman, i doubt he has the muscle endurance.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@BringnIt:

He's even picked up Kingpin.

=O. End thread.

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ohgawd

@BringnIt said:

If that is Nemesis's best strength feat, there's no comparison. Spider-Man has lifted a tank above his head, stabilized a building from collapsing and has numerous strength feats above his official 10 ton rating. He's even picked up Kingpin.

It depends what kind of tank it was, because many tanks weigh less than the bus Nemesis threw. And Kingpin weighs all of 450 lbs so how is that at all a feat? Spider-Man wasn't always a 10 ton rating on the strength scale - he was at one point 25 tons which is probably when the building stabilizing feat took place.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BringnIt

@Ohgawd Spider-Man lifted the tank over his head in a military press, which is far more impressive than pushing something in the manner Nemesis did. I'm not even going to bother responding to the Kingpin portion of your post.

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ohgawd

@BringnIt said:

@Ohgawd Spider-Man lifted the tank over his head in a military press, which is far more impressive than pushing something in the manner Nemesis did. I'm not even going to bother responding to the Kingpin portion of your post.

Nemesis shoved a bus clear across the street while it was on its side which was constantly causing friction with the road before it landed on its wheels. That's more impressive than military pressing. Go to the gym and military press a bar and weights over your head, then get something of the same weight that's flat and put it on the pavement and push as hard as you can. You'll find that pushing something that heavy is far more difficult than lifting something of the same weight over your head.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Psy_
@Ohgawd said:

And Kingpin weighs all of 450 lbs so how is that at all a feat?

You obviously have no idea what a joke is :/ 
Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ohgawd

@_Punk_ said:

@Ohgawd said:

And Kingpin weighs all of 450 lbs so how is that at all a feat?

You obviously have no idea what a joke is :/

Guess not.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ohgawd: There is a huge difference between pushing something an lifting it. Even with the metal of the bus creating friction there are less forces working against Nemesis then there would be if he was attempting to lift that bus (ie, gravity not working against him). The world's strongest man was able to pull a school bus full of food ( http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/11/22/worlds-strongest-man-pulls-school-bus-filled-with-donated-food-at-elementary-school-in-waterbury/) The conditions are slightly different, but a human being as able to move a school bus. Obviously Nemesis is stronger by virtue of some of the specifics of his feat (pushing instead of pulling, no wheels), but unless you can produce a video of Nemesis lifting that bus there is nothing to suggest he is in Peter's strength class.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BringnIt

Actually, I won't. I can easily push more along the pavement than I can military press, not even accounting to the fact a barbell is balanced whereas the tank he lifted would have a very awkward center of gravity. While pushing the bus was impressive (if you ignore the fact that the game designers obviously did not take into account the friction you mentioned based on the fact that the bus slid at a consistent speed and did not decelerate), it doesn't put him on Parker's level. Parker has numerous strength feats and Nemesis has one, and that's not even considering Parker has much greater turnover rate and various other factors that would yield better results in a wider variety of lifts (particularly Olympic lifts). Power lifting is a combination of both speed and strength, that's why proclaimed power lifting routines like Westside barbell focus on a light explosive day and also max effort days instead of one or the other.

Ohgawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ohgawd

@Ferro Vida said:

@Ohgawd: There is a huge difference between pushing something an lifting it. Even with the metal of the bus creating friction there are less forces working against Nemesis then there would be if he was attempting to lift that bus (ie, gravity not working against him). The world's strongest man was able to pull a school bus full of food ( http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/11/22/worlds-strongest-man-pulls-school-bus-filled-with-donated-food-at-elementary-school-in-waterbury/) The conditions are slightly different, but a human being as able to move a school bus. Obviously Nemesis is stronger by virtue of some of the specifics of his feat (pushing instead of pulling, no wheels), but unless you can produce a video of Nemesis lifting that bus there is nothing to suggest he is in Peter's strength class.

But there's also the difference (aside from what you mentioned) in that for strength pulling like with your example above, those guys have something attached to what they're moving and are continuously applying force against it while they're holding on to the rope. Nemesis gave the bus one quick shove and had no further contact with it, and yet it still went as far as it did.

@BringnIt said:

While pushing the bus was impressive (if you ignore the fact that the game designers obviously did not take into account the friction you mentioned based on the fact that the bus slid at a consistent speed and did not decelerate), it doesn't put him on Parker's level.

The developers did take that into account as you can see the sparks flying underneath the bus as it goes forward. Nemesis was just that strong that the bus didn't reach its deceleration point until it hit the car.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ohgawd: I say again, there is a big difference between pushing and lifting. Does he have any lifting feats?
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BringnIt

They may have attempted to take it into account, but they didn't do it well. When you exert force against something and there is friction hindering the object's progress but the force is not maintained, there will inherently be a deceleration. The more force, the longer it will take to stop, but that bus showed no signs of decelerating until it hit the car. It was a smooth, steady pace the entire time but the force was not constant.

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from the bus feat and multiple times of busting through walls either with his fists or tentacles, he doesn't have much. Now it's important to note that Nemesis wears an inhibitor suit that restricts his power and that when he removes it and morphs into his tentacle form (not the final form) he gets even stronger. Personally I'd put Nemesis anywhere from a 15 ton to 25 ton in strength (just imo).

Nemesis is better suited for durability battles since that's what he's demonstrated the most.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

Spider-man. Better feats.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Psy_
@Ohgawd
Review Jashro's post, featuring feats (including lifting a city bus over his head). 
XEL820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XEL820

@Ohgawd:

Maybe it's just you hahahaha. I find pushing something far easier than military lifting the same amount of weight. Much easier.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Trinity00

Spiderman landslide

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TifaLockhart

While I am glad Nemesis is finally getting some credit, Spider-Man has this. He consistently lifts 10+ tons.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

Spider-Man.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Spiderman but barely. (he can lift stuff up to 8x his weight or more I think)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By TifaLockhart

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: I believe the latest handbook entry listed him at "Class 15."

Whether or not that's to be taken literally, I do not know. But my point is that Spider-Man has a history of strength feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

8x his weight is probably like 1600lbs he can lift alot more than that.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jashro44

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: He can lift hundreds times of his own body weight.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: @hyiena: @jashro44:

Then Spiderman wins this easily.

pjcooper1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pjcooper1986

@Ohgawd: actually it happend before the power upgrade and a bus does not compare to the weight of the lightest known tanks plus spiderman is at 10 tons during the event of the queen story it increased to 15 tons and when he got killed by mourln andwent into a cocoon state (im not lying about that it goes by the theory that some spiders shed their skin) and another power increase that went to 25 tons but he does not have that now but hes still stronger than nemesis plus spiderman lifted buses in the past when his powers wernt as developed as they are now

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36  Edited By Strider1992

@jashro44: Did my job for me. Nice scans :p

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44

@Strider92: lol thanks

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By .Spider-man.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renamed040924

I love Nemmy, but as I've pointed out numerous times, his greatest strength feat is smashing through a wall when playing as Carlos. And even that literally took him a few solid swings before he got through. The strength of all Tyrants rests in their durability, the ability to continuously mutate so they basically never stay down for long. In strength, none of them are overly impressive.

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@god_spawn said:

Then again I'm not sure what Spider-Man's strength class is so I'm not sure how this feat compares to Spider-Man's displays of strength.

The tyrants are one thing ORC got right. That's how Nemesis SHOULD be, just a friggin unstoppable freight train. If you ask me they're far weaker in canon then they should be.

But even so, gat dayum. dat terrible voice.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Typhion

@BringnIt said:

That. Military press is all shoulder and triceps (two much smaller muscle groups that don't employ outside help as well.) A push, like a bench press takes the larger pectoral group plus shoulders and triceps. Spidey wins going away.

Avatar image for awesomenessman1
awesomenessman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, how many of these feats are 616 Spiderman?