Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Owlman v Wonder Woman (0:33)

Owlman v Batman

Batman v Superwoman (takes place before fighting Owlman)

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Here's Panther taking on the Avengers in his first appearance (@1:55). Nerve strikes the sh*t outta Giant Man (@2:50):

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch: "What's your game, mister?!"

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: haha Cap remains a classy gent.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Come on, Comic Vine. This might not be the battle you want, but it's the battle you deserve.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: Psh, they don't deserve sh*t.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Esquire

Pretty sure TDM wins, on account of Batman punching Owlman in the face. ;)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Esquire said:

Pretty sure TDM wins, on account of Batman punching Owlman in the face. ;)

Two can play this game...

While it's true my team is throwing down, TDM's team is too busy watching traffic. Eventually, one of my characters will be thrown into the two fools, knocking them both off the ledge.

But really, check the vids and share your thoughts!

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: I told you we should've made this a Naruto thread
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch: Armless Tiger Man / Squirrel Girl vs Vulture / Stilt-Man.

(I call the latter)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

Come on, Comic Vine. This might not be the battle you want, but it's the battle you deserve.

It's not the battle we deserve, but the one Comic Vine needs.
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator

I'm going with Hawkeye and Black Panther. They have more consistent feats and better showings.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Frozen said:
They have more consistent feats
Well that's not really fair since they're on a TV show while the other team is only in one movie. 

But yeah, my team is awesome.
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch said:

@Frozen said:

Well that's not really fair since they're on a TV show while the other team is only in one movie.  
That's why I'm giving them the win.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Frozen said:
Well that's not really fair since they're on a TV show while the other team is only in one movie. But yeah, my team is awesome.

My team has an armored Owl that beat up Batman and held his own in a grapple with Wonder Woman.

Get some.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I was pretty impressed with how Owlman's suit augments his strength.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik

You know what is awesome about this thread? Everything.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Does nobody own a TV on this site?

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Ferro Vida

If morals apply then Batman will not be willing to kill, but Owlman will. How would that affect their dynamic?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Ferro Vida said:

If morals apply then Batman will not be willing to kill, but Owlman will. How would that affect their dynamic?

I tend to assume that enemy teammates aren't forced to work together, but they aren't allowed to purposely attack one another.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'm leaning towards Hawkeye and Black Panther. That said, if Batman and Owlman can get Hawkeye away from his arrows they can completely turn the tide of the fight. They are both agile enough to tag him, and T'Challa would only be able to avoid them for so long.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jashro44

I think team texas would likely win. Black panther vs owlman will be tough but I think black panthers claws could take him apart. He did leave a scratch mark on iron mans armor. I think hawkeye can hold batman back for a while.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I liked it more when no one commented...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawnbaby

I'm going with Hawkeye/BP here. They have proven to be able to work well as a team and the differences in their abilities complement each other well.

Batman/Owlman are too much alike.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@Ferro Vida said:

I'm leaning towards Hawkeye and Black Panther. That said, if Batman and Owlman can get Hawkeye away from his arrows they can completely turn the tide of the fight. They are both agile enough to tag him, and T'Challa would only be able to avoid them for so long.

This is the best argument.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Man, I can't believe this silliness. My team has one strategy and it works every time: throw smoke bomb, commence beatdown.

allfornot2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By allfornot2

I'm thinking Batman/ Owlman. Owlman seems to have quite a bit of strength behind him. Couple that with Batman's tactics and gadgets and respectable physical skills, I think they've got this.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Team k4tz. Batman already could defeat Black Panther in a tough battle, and Hawkeye's fighting skills are not as good as either of the latter, and his projectile weapons would most likely be dodged. Team 1 goes down in a fight.

Not to mention that Team 2 is slightly more lethal in fighting.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Ick, is this "signature" noise going to become a thing for this site?

Anyways, I wouldn't downplay Hawkeye just because of his fighting skills. His trick shots are enough to keep k4tz's team on their toes, whether or not they dodge/deflect them.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Also, Hawkeye has "sonic" arrows! (@2:20):

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By steelhound56

Im giving this to the Batman/ Owlman combo here. Owlman was very impressive in Crisis of Two Earths. He briefly overpowered Wonder Woman (who was an absolute beatstick in that movie) in a grapple, and beat Bruce like a redheaded stepchild in both their fights.

Batman wasn't anything to shake a stick at in that movie either. He was losing his fight with Owlman, but he seemed to be bearing quite a bit of the punishment Owlman was dishing out with suprising durability, and ended up beating Owlman in a life or death confrontation, despite fighting him with a broken rib, amongst other injuries he likely sustained in the last altercation. He outsmarted Superwoman and knocked her out despite being at a major power disadvantage.

Clint and T'Challa are impressive as well, and have a better quantity of feats to draw from. But as far as comparing showings to showings, Owlman more or less= T'Challa in terms of h2h skill IIRC. His vibranium claws might give Owlman some trouble, but Owlman's suit gives him far more physical strength than anything T'Challa has shown, and he seemed to be a great tactician/planner in h2h (having an answer for every one of Bruce's gadgets and tricks isn't something a lot of people can boast). Manuverability does go to T'Challa, but not to a significant enough degree to compensate for Owlman's own agility and physical strength.

I think Bruce could hold his own against Hawkeye. Bruce has a variety of batarangs he keeps on his person, including explosive ones, and it should be enough to at least keep Clint from tagging him until he can close the distance. From there, Batman has the edge in h2h skill, durability, and strength. Clint's a skilled marksman, and not too shabby in using his bow as a melee weapon, but Bruce has the better martial arts skill and can use his own batarangs as improvised melee weapons.

I actually think that Batman and Owlman would make a pretty impressive team. They're both highly intelligent, highly skilled, and a bit above Clint and T'Challa in physical ability. Adding to the fact that they both have a wide range of gadgetry and weapons to deal with a high variety of situations, and generally "load out" with a ton of stuff that would neutralize some of Clint's trick arrows and provide at least some protection against T'Challas creative use of vibranium throwing knives and his claws.

Bat and Owl take 6/10 against the Hawk and Panther

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch: Always nice to come home and see this has fallen to page 3 :(

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By Erik

@texasdeathmatch said:

Does nobody own a TV on this site?

Sold mine to pay for my comic book addiction.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ferro Vida

@steelhound56 said:

Im giving this to the Batman/ Owlman combo here. Owlman was very impressive in Crisis of Two Earths. He briefly overpowered Wonder Woman (who was an absolute beatstick in that movie) in a grapple, and beat Bruce like a redheaded stepchild in both their fights.

The instance against WW was the only time he utilized that strength boost, and there were other occasions where it would have come in handy. And in both fights against Owlman he was injured from his earlier confrontation with Superwoman.

@steelhound56 said:

Batman wasn't anything to shake a stick at in that movie either. He was losing his fight with Owlman, but he seemed to be bearing quite a bit of the punishment Owlman was dishing out with suprising durability, and ended up beating Owlman in a life or death confrontation, despite fighting him with a broken rib, amongst other injuries he likely sustained in the last altercation. He outsmarted Superwoman and knocked her out despite being at a major power disadvantage.

Superwoman was all kinds of cocky when he took her out. Both Clint and T'Challa tend to fight a lot smarter then she was being.

@steelhound56 said:

Clint and T'Challa are impressive as well, and have a better quantity of feats to draw from. But as far as comparing showings to showings, Owlman more or less= T'Challa in terms of h2h skill IIRC. His vibranium claws might give Owlman some trouble, but Owlman's suit gives him far more physical strength than anything T'Challa has shown, and he seemed to be a great tactician/planner in h2h (having an answer for every one of Bruce's gadgets and tricks isn't something a lot of people can boast). Manuverability does go to T'Challa, but not to a significant enough degree to compensate for Owlman's own agility and physical strength.

T'Challa was able to punch through Lucia Von Bardas and cut Tony Stark's armour, so I don't think Owlman's armour would pose a problem to him in that regard. Owlman thought the same way Bruce did, so it makes sense that he would be prepared for anything Bruce might throw at him.

@steelhound56 said:

Clint's a skilled marksman, and not too shabby in using his bow as a melee weapon, but Bruce has the better martial arts skill and can use his own batarangs as improvised melee weapons.

Agreed.

I say Clint and T'Challa win. They make a much more cohesive unit and compliment each other's abilities very nicely.

Range: This goes to Hawkeye and T'Challa. All of them have some sort of projectile that they can use, but Clint's range, accuracy, speed, and skill with his arrows is definitely the best. T'Challa's vibranium knives also do much more damage then Bruce's exploding batarangs. In this regard, they have the advantage.

Speed: T'Challa is the fastest man in this fight, and I feel that Clint is in the same neighbourhood as Batman and Owlman.

Durability: Again, I give this to T'Challa. His vibranium armour can take most of what the other guys can dish out. Owlman's armour could be a problem for Clint's arrows, but I don't see it being so for T'Challa.

Strength: Yeah. Owlman's suit amps him in this regard. He clearly is the best, even if he did only use that boost in one instance. I am curious if he could utilize it in other ways.

Agility: T'Challa. The others are all fairly evenly matched.

Fighting Skill: Based on the feats that have been provided, I would say Batman and Owlman are better in raw hand to hand then Clint or T'Challa, though BP could give either one a good run.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Range: This goes to Hawkeye and T'Challa. All of them have some sort of projectile that they can use, but Clint's range, accuracy, speed, and skill with his arrows is definitely the best. T'Challa's vibranium knives also do much more damage then Bruce's exploding batarangs. In this regard, they have the advantage.

Smoke and gas pellets, brah! Range = denied :D

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Deranged Midget

I want to lean towards Owlman and Batman considering that Owlman might be the most skilled here after making Bruce look like a push-over but Clint has a massive range advantage and T'Challa is a far more serious and tactical fighter than either Bruce or Owlman were in the COTE. In terms of agility, it's pretty much even all around, maybe with T'Challa taking a slight advantage but nothing to turn the tides and both he and Clint have more feats to pool from.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I honestly believe my team can negate Hawkeye's range advantage. It seemed quite in character for my guys to use projectiles immediately - which, as you know, consist of gas and smoke.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: Eh, I don't see how they're going to have a response to the flashbang arrows and ice ones. But then again, their visors are probably anti flash or something ridiculous. 

Anyways, I'm bumping this thread because its awesome.
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YoungJustice

Where is #16

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock

Interesting battle.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By YoungJustice

@Static Shock : Its you. I have heard of you before. I never thought there would come a day where I was online the same fine as you. They say you're the savior of the battle forums, a god among men. It's an honor.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch said:

@k4tzm4n: Eh, I don't see how they're going to have a response to the flashbang arrows and ice ones. But then again, their visors are probably anti flash or something ridiculous. Anyways, I'm bumping this thread because its awesome.

I don't see how they're going to be using them when they're surrounded by smoke or anesthetic gas.

TEAM COVER SPAM FTW, SON.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@YoungJustice said:
Where is #16
it's coming. And we're going to spice things up...
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texasdeathmatch

By tomorrow morning this thread will be forgotten.