Turok EU

Jungle Girl

Tarzan EU

PrimezOne

Zuko with twin swords

Eragon( no offensive magic)

Silver Samurai

Scenario

Welcome to round 1 of the gran tournament to find the greatest warriors of the day. Remember the rules.

No Caption Provided

With that your warriors will start in the pub to gather basic info (like wiki info) on your competition. Your team can use the night to drink and discuss strategy as well get to know each other.

No Caption Provided

The next day you will fin your foes on the battlefield for a fight. You both will start 30 feet away from the middle (total of 60 feet distance) and must win by Death or KO. Morals are on.

No Caption Provided

Good Luck Warriors.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tparks

@primez0ne - Let's get this started!

I'm not going to give much towards the debate at this point, I'm just going to kick this off with a brief into and then a look at my teams' "prep".

Team Nearly-Nude and Fully-Feral!

Turok

No Caption Provided

I'll be representing a composite Turok here of all his comic appearances. Turok doesn't necessarily need to be composite to be dangerous, but to my knowledge, no one has ever provided feats for Turok anywhere on the internet (what a shame!!!), and I don't own enough of any one publisher to provide tons of feats (yet!) if I stuck to only Gold Key, Valiant, Dark Horse, or Dynamite. Anyways, all of the different continuities of Turok have a few main themes. Turok is a near perfect archer from maximum ranges, he kills dinosaurs like it's going out of style, and he's a complete bad@ss in every sense of the word.

Turok's gear:

• Mother Bow
  • Quiver of arrows (none will be trick arrows because of tourney rules)
  • Combat Knife

Jungle Girl

No Caption Provided

Jungle Girl is basically Turok with even less clothes and more boobs (she is a Frank Cho character after all...). Her origin is still not quite known, but what is known about her is that she has meta-human physicals, rumbles with dinosaurs and other jungle beasties on a daily basis, and wears the equivalent of a tissue amount of clothing.

Jana's gear:

• Spear
  • Combat Knife
  • Lasso

Tarzan

No Caption Provided

Superman gets all the credit, but Tarzan was really the original super-hero. Tarzan was already pushing physicals above peak human 50 years before peak human was cool. He was saving damsels in distress with more then just shear physical perfection, but a genius level intellect as well. He was raised by apes, and had to become stronger and faster then the apes, so he could climb to the top of the pack. He can match or exceed any non-powered comic character in physicals, but I can bet he's tougher and smarter then just about anyone of them.

Tarzan's gear:

• Knife
  • Bow
  • Quiver with arrows

Now, on to my "prep".

"Prep" the Night Before at the Local Pub

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pre-Battle Ritual

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle

The team shows up just barely on time for the fight, which is pretty good for not going to bed the night before and getting weird with the regulars at the pub. The massive amount of partying the team has done has allowed them to bond to near "bro" levels, and I'm not going to say which room (cough...cough..Tarzan..cough....Don't tell Jane), but Jungle Girl left her leather bikini top in one of the fellas rooms, and they can't seem to find it. Jungle Girl had to go kill a Sabretooth Tiger and fashion a new (but still very revealing) top just before the battle.

No Caption Provided

Not too shabby.

I really do like Jana's fashion sense.
I really do like Jana's fashion sense.

What does all of this mean? Well, not only is my team closer after one night then they ever could have got by just chatting (great teamwork for the battle), but they we're mingling with the locals. They we're hearing stories about all the adventures these drunken hooligans have had in their travels (learning the lay of the land of the battleground). They were also hearing all the juicy rumors of the other new faces popping up around town (your team, what they are capable of, their strengths, and their weaknesses).

I'd love to continue, and show off some feats of this team, but I'd like to get a glimpse of what you're bringing to the table first. Since this first post is pretty brief, I'll leave it off with a gratuitous Jungle Girl pose (honestly, that's what 75% of a Jungle Girl comic really is).

No Caption Provided

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primez0ne

@tparks: Like you I will do a short introduction for my team even though they are more well known.

Zuko( end of Avatar the last Air-bender)

No Caption Provided

Zuko is the Prince of the Fire, one the top fire benders in the world, and as shown many times a skilled swordsman.

The only piece of standard equipment worth mentioning for Zuko is his twin blades.

Silver Samurai

No Caption Provided

Silver Samurai is a very skilled swordsman who wears a silver samurai looking armor. His main adversary is wolverine( yes he loses quite often but not easily) and he has fought other skilled opponents like Elektra, Daredevil, and Shang Chi. His mutant power is to channel tachyon fields from within his body and usually does this through his katanna to allow it to cut through almost anything.

His standard equipment is his iconic armor and a katanna

Eragon Shadeslayer ( no offensive magic or wards)

No Caption Provided

Eragon is one of the few last remaing dragon-riders who spent much of his young adulthood battling against the evil empire of the corrupted dragon rider, Galbatorix, with help of the rebel army named the Varden. He is like the rest of my team a skilled swords man, an enhanced human( came from dragon magic and hanging out with elves), and a very powerful magician with mental powers.

His standard equipment would be Brisingr, armor, belt of Beloth the Wise, and the ring Aren.

Prep

Not much any of them can do here except Eragon who is severely nerfed in this tournament but I guess they can still bond. Although Eragon will be the only one drinking since the other two wouldn't drink.

Unfortunately I don't have a girl on my team but to return the favor I'll post a picture of a shirtless Eragon. Do whatever you please with it.

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tparks

@primez0ne: Nice.

Ok, so quick question:

You used the movie Eragon picture under your Eragon section. I'm assuming you're using book feats, not the movie though? Hopefully you're using book, because I can't watch clips from that movie without getting furious about how bad it let down my expectations. Lol. JK, it doesn't matter to me which Eragon you use, my strategy should be about the same regardless.

Anyways, here's what my team will be doing right off the bat.

Turok

I was going to have Turok riding a dinosaur mount for this, but I don't think there is much use for his raptor, since he'll be playing archer right from the start anyways. He's a heck of an archer too with feats that would give Hawkeye a run for his money.

Turok carries the Mother Bow. The Mother Bow is basically just like any other bow, except it shoots harder, and has a hidden sword built into it. This was given to him by MothergodErica Pierce. In the classic Valiant Universe, Turok used this bow in conjunction with trick arrows, but mostly he just used good ol fashion normal arrows with deadly precision, which is what he will be doing here.

Here's a few archery feats to show what Turok is capable of.

No Caption Provided
  • Turok snipes a bird from long distance in mid-flight. (2nd panel from the top)
  • What makes this more impressive is that he has a serious injury to his drawing arm while he does this.

Here's a very far shot with perfect accuracy:

No Caption Provided
  • Long distance shot (maybe 1/2 mile to a mile by the looks of it) on an antelope trying to flee.
  • According to wikipedia, antelope are some of the fastest land animals, and can reach speeds of 50mph.
  1. The pronghorn antelope of the Great Plains belongs to the family Antilocapridae. The Mongolian gazelle (Procapra gutturosa), sometimes classified as an antelope, can run with a speed of 80 km/h (50 mph).

With only 60 feet of starting distance, Turok should have not time sniping your team when he can hit animals running at 50mph from much longer distances.

He's not dumb either, he knows to pick his shots for lethal damage and will aim for holes in your team's armor like the face and neck. It's what he naturally does anyways.

No Caption Provided
  • Sniped two dinosaurs in the neck and head

You're probably thinking that it's not really that big of a deal that Turok is shooting dumb dinosaurs. They don't have any tactical knowledge or any real intelligence at all. This actually is not true. Mothergod, the same character who gave Turok his bow, made all of the dinosaurs have human intelligence. They are led by Mon-Ark, who leads his dinosaurs like an army, and uses tactics like any other trained human would. So shooting these dinosaurs is much more impressive then just shooting wild beasts, every dinosaur he shoots might as well be considered a superhuman combatant.

Besides, Turok has taken on more then just dinos in his day.

No Caption Provided
  • Lands a neck shot.
  • Follows up by knocking out Three enemies with a single punch, showing off some of his strength and skill.

I really believe Turok has a great chance of winning this from a range before your team has much of a chance to do anything. I know Eragon is a great archer as well, but he doesn't have the same caliber of archery feats as Turok, or the feats to show he can quick draw with the speed Turok has. The first thing Turok will do is quick draw on Eragon, when he sees Eragon could pose a threat from range with his bow. I'm willing to bet that Turok gets his arrow off first, and I've already shown his accuracy, so you can bet it will be a kill shot.

No Caption Provided
  • A panther strikes from the shadows at Serita (the girl in the picture)
  • Turok has the speed to pick up his bow off the ground, pick up an arrow, nock an arrow, draw, release, and hit the panther killing it after it has leaped, but before it his Serita. It only had a few feet to leap too This is incredible superhuman reaction time and speed with a bow.
  • Also it is impressive that he was able to shoot just over Seritas without hitting her, but still putting the arrow into the panther with perfect accuracy

So I think Eragon should be dead from Turok right from the get go. After that, he will most turn his attention to the other two characters on your team, and the results should not be any different. Turok has a very good chance to solo from range.

I should also mention that even if Turok's arrows only graze your characters (which would be surprising with Turok's feats of near perfect accuracy), they are still going to die, just somewhat slower. All of Turok's arrowsheads are dipped in poison.

• In these scans, Turok is attacked by several dinosaurs with human intelligence at the same time.
  • He only has time to shoot one arrow, but it lands it's mark. The dinosaur doesn't instantly drop.
  • Turok proceeds to take out the other dinosaurs in a violent display of knife skill
  • When he turns his attention back to the first dinosaur he shot, it drops dead from the poison.
  • Uses a poison arrow for an instant kill on a crocodile

This poison runs it's course quickly through massive creatures too.

No Caption Provided
  • Even this massive water dinosaur, who looks to be at least a ton or two is dropped quickly from his poison arrow.
No Caption Provided
  • An even bigger dinosaur drops instantly because of the poison in Turok's arrows.

So your team has to be perfect while avoiding Turok, or they will die almost instantly from the poison. If gigantic dinosaurs drop that fast from the poison, human sized characters have no chance of surviving it. It's next to impossible to be perfect in avoiding a top marksman character like Turok too, when all he has to do is graze your team. They will be unaware of the poison, since I don't see Turok telling people around town (prep at the pub) about his secret weapon, so Eragon won't really be able to help with healing spells or anything like that, plus he should be dead right from the get go anyways.

In case your team does somehow manage to close the distance (although I think it would be unlikely), Turok is still just as deadly from close quarters. As seen above, he's pretty handy with a knife. Here's another scan just to support the scans above:

No Caption Provided
  • Turok is making quick work of Dinosaurs with his knife.
  • The Dinosaurs, being as intelligent as they are (as mentioned earlier), disarm Turok of his knife with a tail swipe.

Obviously Turok is not completely helpless when he loses his knife though:

No Caption Provided
  • Contained in Mother Bow is a hidden knife.
  • This scan also shows off Turok's reaction time and strength, by blocking a dinosaurs attack and holding him off, before ultimately decapitating him.

This is actually a pretty likely scenario if it actually does become close quarters. If someone from your team attacks with a sword, and Turok blocks with his bow, he is in a great position to use his hidden sword and catch them surprised by cutting their heads off. Again, your team should not know about Turok's hidden weapon here, because I doubt Turok would let a secret like this become common knowledge and something that would have been discussed to your team in the pub the night before.

I think that should cover Turok's role for now. On to....

Jungle Girl

Jungle Girl will be taking a more direct approach to combat. She doesn't have the range that the other two members have, so she will be attacking from up close, and keeping your team's attention off of Turok sniping them from long range. With the instincts she's grown in the wild, along with her enhanced physicals, she should be able to do this nicely.

No Caption Provided
  • You can see her natural leaping ability is super human, as she jumps an impossible distance in the air. It's hard to tell from that scan, but that character was sitting on a throne that was high up.
  • She also shows her control with her spear, being able to shatter his mask, without actually puncturing through to his skull with her super strength.

Just to show a little bit of her strength, here's the follow up to that feat:

No Caption Provided
  • With one hand, she tosses the giant several feet in the air with ease. He looks to be around 600-700 pounds at least.

The Giant wasn't necessarily ok with being tossed around though, and came back for revenge after being embarrassed by a woman (this tribe hates women).

No Caption Provided
  • Pretty dumb of the giant to attack someone with the skill of Jungle Girl holding a spear.
  • She cuts the top of his head clean off.

It is likely that your team will under-estimate Jungle Girl's natural abilities. If not being completely respected in this match, your characters could end up a few inches shorter like the big guy in the scans above.

She's carrying more then just a spear too, she's also very handy with her knife, and has killed several creatures with strength above humans with it.

• Here she is scaling down the side of a huge cliff.
  • Halfway down, a gigantic snake attacks her.
  • The Snake and her tumble all the way down the giant cliff showing off Jana's superhuman durability.
  • Jana uses her knife and her extreme strength to split the snake's head in half

On top of her knife, she also has a lasso that she uses to spring traps on her enemies.

• Jana tempts a gigantic fish dinosaur out of the water.
  • She uses her superhuman reaction time and skill to backflip away from the dino at the last second and leads it right into her trap.

Of course this feat isn't possible with just the lasso, it takes a bit of superhuman strength as well.

No Caption Provided
  • When she lands the dino in the trap, she uses her superhuman strength to choke it out, and leave it hanging in the air, while she supports all of it's weight. This is looks like it would need at least a ton of strength, and Jana makes it look easy showing that she clearly can use even more strength if need be.

There's plenty more I can show of Jana, but I just wanted to get the basics of what she will be doing at melee range, and will add more of her, when I see what's necessary after your post.

Anyways, on to Tarzan:

Tarzan

Tarzan, like Turok is also carrying a bow. It would be dumb of him not to pull it out and take at least a shot or two while your team has to close the distance to get into melee range (besides Eragon that Turok should have taken care of right away).

Tarzan may not be Turok, but he's still a darn good shot when it comes to a bow.

No Caption Provided
  • Tarzan using hit and run tactics from the trees and shadows.
  • He is scoring head shots and perfect shots from a decent range.

This is a tactic that Tarzan is likely to use too. Him and Jana could get to a tree line and wreck havoc with their ability to maneuver and fight from the trees unlike any other characters in fiction. That's a pretty big advantage for them.

Just to support the archery feat above:

No Caption Provided
  • Tarzan pulling off a neck shot and a shot in the heart.

So Tarzan is also likely to drop one or two of your team from a distance. My team should have a significant ranged advantage, and this could be over quickly because of it.

Tarzan would never back away from a close quarters fight if it comes to it though. The guy had to learn to be tougher then apes ever since he was a kid.

He could spring twenty feet at a stretch from limb to limb,

Though but the age of ten years old he was fully as strong as the average man of thirty, and far more agile than the most practiced athlete ever becomes.

Tarzan of the Apes - Page 39

At ten years old, Tarzan was already nearing peak human, and could cover twenty feet at a stretch. This shows his incredible strength, speed, and agility starting from a young child's age.

No Caption Provided
  • He was also capable of killing full grown gorillas as a young child

Tarzan continued to grow in his physicals, while becoming more and more intelligent and skilled.

No Caption Provided
  • Tarzan lands a one-hit KO with a backhand, while holding another full grown man by the neck in the air with only one hand.

And because your team will be attacking primarily with swords, Tarzan will have no problem as he is experienced fighting swordsman.

No Caption Provided
  • Tarzan catches a sword in mid-swing, and snaps it in half with one arm.
  • This shows off his incredible pain tolerance, reaction time to catch the sword, and his super human strength.

That should cover what I need to show for now, but here's a recap.

Recap

• Turok will use his superhuman speed with a bow to take out Eragon right from the beginning.
  • Turok's arrows are dipped in poison, and can kill even with just a grazing hit.
  • Tarzan will also be using his bow from the beginning, before moving into clean up
  • To make life easier on the archers, Jana will be causing havoc from closer range, to keep the attention off of the archers, Tarzan will join her after he fires a few arrows too, while Turok continues to rain death on your team with his near perfect accuracy.
  • All of your team should be dead to ranged attacks quickly. If not all of them, at least 1-2 of your team should drop, then the rest can overwhelm with numbers and more range to finish it off.

Looking forward to your response!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tparks

And before I forget, another Jungle Girl pose.

Edited slightly for too much booty.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primez0ne

@tparks:

You used the movie Eragon picture under your Eragon section. I'm assuming you're using book feats, not the movie though? Hopefully you're using book, because I can't watch clips from that movie without getting furious about how bad it let down my expectations. Lol. JK, it doesn't matter to me which Eragon you use, my strategy should be about the same regardless.

I am using book feats and I have actually not watched the movie.

I really believe Turok has a great chance of winning this from a range before your team has much of a chance to do anything. I know Eragon is a great archer as well, but he doesn't have the same caliber of archery feats as Turok, or the feats to show he can quick draw with the speed Turok has. The first thing Turok will do is quick draw on Eragon, when he sees Eragon could pose a threat from range with his bow. I'm willing to bet that Turok gets his arrow off first, and I've already shown his accuracy, so you can bet it will be a kill shot.

My team can probably just dodge or anticipate most of your arrows and then run up to your characters to force your team into close combat.

Silver Samurai can just slice your arrows out of the air

Blocks three bullets at the same time
Blocks three bullets at the same time
Slices bullet out of the air when his sword was not even drawn

Zuko can dodge your arrows too and/or destroy your bow

Although that archer may not be up to Turok's quality Zuko still does this without even looking in his direction
Although that archer may not be up to Turok's quality Zuko still does this without even looking in his direction

Eragon can read the mind of your team in the pub to see what your team can do. Sorry I did not mention that earlier I did not know we would be in the same pub. He can also use this in middle of combat to tell when one of your archers is targeting him and simply put up his shield where they are aiming, use a spell to deflect the arrows into the ground or dodge it as shown in book two page 582( do you have the books? If so this will be easier).

With a flick of his wrist and the word "Ganga," he redirected [the arrows], sending the darts boring toward the no- man's- land, where they could bury themselves in the barren soil without causing harm. He missed one arrow, though, which was fired a few seconds after the first volley.

Eragon leaned as far to his right as he could and, faster than any normal human, plucked the arrow form the air as Saphira flew past it.

Saphira was only a hundred feet in the air at that time and note this was only half way through the series. Also Eragon is not using a bow in this fight just his armor, shield, and Brisingr.

So your team has to be perfect while avoiding Turok, or they will die almost instantly from the poison. If gigantic dinosaurs drop that fast from the poison, human sized characters have no chance of surviving it. It's next to impossible to be perfect in avoiding a top marksman character like Turok too, when all he has to do is graze your team. They will be unaware of the poison, since I don't see Turok telling people around town (prep at the pub) about his secret weapon, so Eragon won't really be able to help with healing spells or anything like that, plus he should be dead right from the get go anyways.

Eragon can just read the mind of your team if they are in the same pub and will definitely do so in battle. He can prep a spell to take care of the poison even if they can hit. Also he can tell his teammates through their minds.

Jungle Girl will be taking a more direct approach to combat. She doesn't have the range that the other two members have, so she will be attacking from up close, and keeping your team's attention off of Turok sniping them from long range. With the instincts she's grown in the wild, along with her enhanced physicals, she should be able to do this nicely.

Considering my team can easily deflect or dodge your arrows having Jungle Girl launch herself at my team is not going to help much. Zuko can blast her out of the air mid-leap or keep his distance from her.Also he can still shoot fireblasts at either Tarzan or Turok to distract them himself .Silver Samurai has faced skilled opponents like Elektra, Shang chi, Daredevil, and wolverine before and can just destroy any of your team's weapons with his powers. One clean swipe by SS would kill her and he is the most durable of all of these characters because of his armor.Only one of my team is needed to keep her busy while the other two can just go after the archers.

This is his first appearance versus daredevil and he notes it takes everything he has not to get tagged by SS
This is his first appearance versus daredevil and he notes it takes everything he has not to get tagged by SS
Dodges motorcycle at the moment and slices through steel
Dodges motorcycle at the moment and slices through steel

So Tarzan is also likely to drop one or two of your team from a distance. My team should have a significant ranged advantage, and this could be over quickly because of it.

Zuko can just shoot fireblasts at him or Turok and allow him or another to close the distance easier.

At ten years old, Tarzan was already nearing peak human, and could cover twenty feet at a stretch. This shows his incredible strength, speed, and agility starting from a young child's age.

Eragon himself is also an enhanced human. In the Eragon universe it is noted that even the weakest of elves can overpower any human with ease. During the course of the books because of his constant close proximity to Saphira he gained the abilities and physicals of an elf.

And because your team will be attacking primarily with swords, Tarzan will have no problem as he is experienced fighting swordsman.

No Caption Provided
  • Tarzan catches a sword in mid-swing, and snaps it in half with one arm.
  • This shows off his incredible pain tolerance, reaction time to catch the sword, and his super human strength.

If Tarzan tries that tactic with either Silver Samurai or Eragon he would lose a hand. Eragon's sword Brisingr would be alot harder to break and can be enveloped in fire.

Counter Strategy

1. Silver Samurai runs at Turok while easily deflecting his arrows. Eragon will give all of his team knowledge of your teams' abilities, strengths, weaknesses, and secrets so the hidden blade won't be a surpise for SS. SS can also just break your weapons in the fight disarming Turok
  2. All Zuko needs to do is keep his distance and fireblast Jungle Girl to at least stalemate her while his teammate take care of the rest.
  3. Eragon runs at the same time at Tarzan deflecting or dodging his arrows and battles him in close combat. Tarzan will not know his sword can be enveloped in fire and that it is very hard to break so if he gets hit he'll be severely wounded.
@tparks said:

And before I forget, another Jungle Girl pose.

You may have a sexier team but that won't save her now

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tparks

@primez0ne: Nice post!

I'll get right into counters.

My team can probably just dodge or anticipate most of your arrows and then run up to your characters to force your team into close combat.

I kind of expected them to be able to dodge some of the arrows from Tarzan, but they have never had a marksman like Turok fire at them. He could bounce arrows off of Silver Samurai's armor and into Eragon or Zuko. I highly doubt your team could anticipate something like this.

Turok doesn't have a clean shot because of this dinosaurs armored head, so he bounces the arrow off of the dinosaur's own armor, and into a tree right next to it. This is a trick arrow so it blows up the dinosaur.
Turok doesn't have a clean shot because of this dinosaurs armored head, so he bounces the arrow off of the dinosaur's own armor, and into a tree right next to it. This is a trick arrow so it blows up the dinosaur.

While Turok isn't carrying this high tech of arrows because of the rules, there is no reason he couldn't use this same tactic to bounce arrows off of Silver Samurai and into your characters. From what I've seen, there is no notable marksman that your characters have dodged/deflected, and Turok is among the elite when it comes to being a marksman.

You also have to remember that the motherbow shoots faster then a typical arrow, as seen when he shot the Panther out of the air before it could kill Serita. A normal arrow would likely not fly that fast.

On top of this, all Turok has to do is graze your team, and they drop because of the poison on his arrows.

The way I see it, Tarzan arrows are more of a distraction, to keep your team's focus off of Turok and Jungle Girl. Tarzan will eventually be moving in close to help out with Jungle Girl also. I still see no reason why Turok's arrows should not be effective.

Just to show how much of a marksman Turok can be, he can pick up guns that he normally doesn't use, and still be deadly with them because of his innate ability to be perfectly accurate.

Turok grabbing guns and takes on a large pack of dinosaurs, including the Mon-Ark's mate, who is faster then normal Dinosaurs
Using guns, and hitting targets from long range, and even two targets at the same time by using guns in separate hands and firing in two different directions.

Just because a character is a projectile timer, does not mean they can dodge everything shot at them, just because they've done it to fodder characters. Look at Punisher, who uses his extreme skill (like Turok), and has tagged Spider-Man, who is one of the best bullet timers of all time. Skill of the marksman can counter a characters ability to dodge projectiles.

Turok can also disappear, and move into the forest, similar to what Jungle Girl and Tarzan have done. He has extreme speed and stealth that allows him to disappear right in front of someone, similar to what Batman does.

Disappears right in front of their eyes, and appears in the tree, ready to shoot an arrow.
Disappears right in front of their eyes, and appears in the tree, ready to shoot an arrow.

Turok could do this to your team, and then they would not even have any idea where the arrow is coming from, even if it is near point blank. Don't count Turok out just because your characters have a few arrow/bullet timing feats against fodder characters, because Turok is not your average ranged attacker.

Even if you're team does close the distance though, my team can hold their own up close.

If your team is able to pull off the beginning of your strategy, and actually get through the arrows (which I don't think your whole team will when Turok is one of the archers), then my team would likely make to the woods, where they have a huge advantage with location.

Turok can use his stealth from up close with his knife, by disappearing like I showed in the scan above, and slitting one of your characters throats from a stealth attack.

Tracks dinosaurs, and slices them open before they know what hits them.
Tracks dinosaurs, and slices them open before they know what hits them.

Jungle Girl is also skilled with stealth while in a forest, because of her mobility through the trees.

Jungle girl spots a stealth attack moving in on her, and disappears with her own stealth before they see her.

From the trees, Jungle Girl can use her leverage, and her lasso, to take out your team one by one without them even knowing it's coming, or she can just hurl her spear or knife to take them out while they don't even know where she is.

Impales a caveman by throwing her spear from a stealth position in trees, then uses her lasso to take out another caveman who also did not see her.
Impales a caveman by throwing her spear from a stealth position in trees, then uses her lasso to take out another caveman who also did not see her.

As far as throwing her knife goes...

Using a high level of speed and accuracy to throw her knife at a poison slug to save Carol. She had to have enough speed to keep her from touching it when she was inches away, and also accuracy to hit the slug, but not Carol's face.

Even if Jungle Girl doesn't get a chance to make to use her stealth, she can do just fine fighting in a knock down drag out battle.

She has the strength to punch a pteradactyl so hard it dies in one hit.
She has the strength to punch a pteradactyl so hard it dies in one hit.
Making quick work of an entire army of Merman Soldiers

As far Tarzan, as soon as he's in the woods, he's right at home. He can move faster through trees then your team could sprint. I already showed how he was moving 20 feet from one limb to the next when he was only a toddler and when it comes to fighting up close, he has the strength and speed to take on your team.

One-hit punch a swordsman who is in mid-swing.
One-hit punch a swordsman who is in mid-swing.

As you can see from the scan above, he isn't going to always go right for catching a sword, he can just use his speed to get a punch in while your team is in mid swing. He one hit KO this guy. Tarzan will have a knife for this though, so he would probably stab instead, but it should have the same effect.

Here he is taking on the strongest ape in his tribe in hand to hand:

Takes on the strongest ape in his tribe and wins.
Takes on the strongest ape in his tribe and wins.

Tarzan was able to beat the strongest ape in his tribe in hand to hand combat. He put the ape in a full nelson, and made him submit.

Tarzan definitely has the speed and reaction time to keep up with your team as well. He's also an accomplished bullet timer, but I think his feat is even more impressive, as more bullets were being shot, and there were multiple shooters firing at him. That means bullets were coming from all different angles, but he was able to react and dodge them.

Dodging multiple guns shooting at him all at the same time
Dodging multiple guns shooting at him all at the same time

He may not have a deflection feat, but that's because he doesn't carry a weapon that allows him to do this. He has shown that he would have the ability to replicate this though.

Catching a spear thrown at him. He's so confident he doesn't even move his body when it's thrown, he just lifts his hand and catches it.
Catching a spear thrown at him. He's so confident he doesn't even move his body when it's thrown, he just lifts his hand and catches it.

That should be it for now except for one last thing.

You may have a sexier team but that won't save her now

I beg to differ. :)

No Caption Provided

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primez0ne

I kind of expected them to be able to dodge some of the arrows from Tarzan, but they have never had a marksman like Turok fire at them. He could bounce arrows off of Silver Samurai's armor and into Eragon or Zuko. I highly doubt your team could anticipate something like this.

While Turok isn't carrying this high tech of arrows because of the rules, there is no reason he couldn't use this same tactic to bounce arrows off of Silver Samurai and into your characters. From what I've seen, there is no notable marksman that your characters have dodged/deflected, and Turok is among the elite when it comes to being a marksman.

You also have to remember that the motherbow shoots faster then a typical arrow, as seen when he shot the Panther out of the air before it could kill Serita. A normal arrow would likely not fly that fast.

Silver Samurai will most likely deflect or slice the arrow himself based on the feats I posted earlier so I don't see how will Turok be able to shoot an arrow to bounce off him and into one of his allies who probably won't even be next to him.

Also can you show me scans of him tagging someone with the motherbow that has the reflexes to dodge regular arrows because the other people he tagged seem to be fodder.

On top of this, all Turok has to do is graze your team, and they drop because of the poison on his arrows.

Again Eragon can just read Turok's mind and use his magic to make his team immune to said poison.

Just because a character is a projectile timer, does not mean they can dodge everything shot at them, just because they've done it to fodder characters. Look at Punisher, who uses his extreme skill (like Turok), and has tagged Spider-Man, who is one of the best bullet timers of all time. Skill of the marksman can counter a characters ability to dodge projectiles.

While this is very true it does not mean that Turok will have an easy time at hitting my team. Does he shoot arrows that are faster than bullets? Do you think he can shoot at someone who can read his mind without him knowing or someone that can shoot the arrows out of the air with fire blasts?

Eragon expanded his awareness as far as he could in every direction, hunting for hostile minds that could feel his probing touch and could react to it...

Book 2 page 582

In this page he is searching for enemy magicians who can feel his mental probe in a whole army and does this while over 100 meters in the air. If you want more feats for his mental powers I can show them in my next post.

Your team's stealth will be neutralized by the fact that Eragon can read your team's minds and he can either point to where your team is or telepathically tell them.

Bellowing in unison, twenty soldiers ran at him, brandishing their swords... A fine mist of blood formed around Eragon as he cut his way through the soldiers, dancing from one to the other faster than they could react.

Book three page 710

That is also just to show that Eragon is at least just as fast as anyone on your team if not faster.

As you can see from the scan above, he isn't going to always go right for catching a sword, he can just use his speed to get a punch in while your team is in mid swing. He one hit KO this guy. Tarzan will have a knife for this though, so he would probably stab instead, but it should have the same effect.

While this is impressive I think we can both agree that my team should be faster than a guy that seems to be fodder.

I have to admit that was pretty impressive
I have to admit that was pretty impressive

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tparks

@primez0ne:

Silver Samurai will most likely deflect or slice the arrow himself based on the feats I posted earlier so I don't see how will Turok be able to shoot an arrow to bounce off him and into one of his allies who probably won't even be next to him.

Also can you show me scans of him tagging someone with the motherbow that has the reflexes to dodge regular arrows because the other people he tagged seem to be fodder.

I was hoping you might ask this.

Meet Magnus: Robot Fighter.

No Caption Provided

Magnus was trained from birth from a robot who gained free will to achieve the pinnacle of human perfection. Now this might sound like peak human, but it goes way beyond any peak human I've ever seen. He can make his body harder then steel by simply concentrating on it, he has steel crushing strength of at least 30 tons. He has enhanced speed. What's really important though, is that he has greatly enhanced reaction times and eyesight that can pick up movements better then the most advanced scientific instruments of his time (which was very advanced).

Magnus detects microscopic vibrations, that only high tech instruments can detect, and only if they know to look for them.
Magnus detects microscopic vibrations, that only high tech instruments can detect, and only if they know to look for them.
The engineer (lady with glasses) needs to wear a high tech visor to see the microscopic vibrations that Magnus can see clearly.
The engineer (lady with glasses) needs to wear a high tech visor to see the microscopic vibrations that Magnus can see clearly.

As you can see, Magnus' eye sight is surely able to pick up projectiles coming at him. He also has the reaction times to get out of the way quicker then any character on your team IMO.

Weaving between 5 lasers all shot at him at the same time.
Weaving between 5 lasers all shot at him at the same time.

So he clearly has the best projectile timing and dodging when compared to any other character on both your and mine team. He had lasers fired at him from 5 different angles all at once, and he was able to react to all five of them. He has several other feats like this, but this is enough to show what he can do with projectiles that are even from a pretty close range.

Here's what happens when Turok shoots him though.

Magnus is shot by Turok. He lives, because his body is so durable, and his tunic is near invulnerable, but Turok was still able to land a shot on him.
Magnus is shot by Turok. He lives, because his body is so durable, and his tunic is near invulnerable, but Turok was still able to land a shot on him.

What makes the scan above even more impressive is that Magnus even had a warning before Turok shot. The girl in the panel with him yells, "Magnus! Look out!", and he is clearly facing and looking at Turok before Turok shoots, but Turok still sticks him.

This isn't the only time that Turok has been able to hit Magnus either.

Magnus dodges 5 lasers shot at the same time again, but Turok is able to stick him.
Magnus dodges 5 lasers shot at the same time again, but Turok is able to stick him.

The can above shows Magnus dodging 5 lasers again, but when Turok takes a shot with his bow, it hits him square in the chest.

I think it's safe to say, that having bullet and arrow timing feats are not really good enough to assume that your characters can dodge Turok's arrows. Unless your characters have feats of dodging elite marksman like Turok, then I don't think they are going to be dodging everything Turok fires. Remember that Turok only needs to graze your characters too, because his arrows are dipped in poison. I think he will be doing more then grazing though with his level of skill with a bow.

Again Eragon can just read Turok's mind and use his magic to make his team immune to said poison.

Eragon doesn't have any feats of making himself or others immune to poison. That seems like it would require a great deal of energy from him, to reshape the human physiology of each of his team members including himself. A spell like this would likely draw enough energy that it would kill Eragon if he attempted it once, let alone attempting it three times. He almost died when he turned a small stone into water, and the type of spell you're suggesting is much more complex then that. Even if he survived, he'd be so exhausted and drained of energy, that he'd be useless in battle, and would be instantly killed.

I could understand Eragon using a healing spell after someone is shot with poison, but that will require Eragon knowing they've been hit, taking the time to come up with the wording for the spell, and then cast the spell, losing the energy from his body because he cast the spell, and however long the length of time the spell will take to expel the poison from the affected character's body. He'd have to be quick about it too, before the character dies.

This is a lot to rely on from a character, when he will also be in the middle of battle, and won't have much of a break to just take a pause from battle, and focus on healing one of his team members. You also have to remember, that the character that needs healing will be temporarily out of the fight too. That leaves one of your characters in a three on one situation, that would not be a great spot to find your team in. Eragon might be better off just letting his teammate die, and keep fighting on.

Your team's stealth will be neutralized by the fact that Eragon can read your team's minds and he can either point to where your team is or telepathically tell them.

He may be able to do this, assuming he is still alive at this point, but at least one of my characters on my team can detect and resist telepaths.

Jungle Girl is telepathically attacked by a god.
Jungle Girl is telepathically attacked by a god.

Jungle Girl has been telepathically attacked by a god before. This is what she did.

Resists Telepathic attack, and then follows with an awesome choke slam
Resists Telepathic attack, and then follows with an awesome choke slam

As you can see, Jungle Girl can resist Eragon's TP and take him out. As soon as she feels Eragon probing her mind, she can resist, then move in and take out Eragon with stealth. He will be caught unawares by someone strong enough to resist his mind powers. This lets the rest of the team continue to use stealth.

Jungle Girl has the skill to take on Eragon, especially because she should have the element of surprise too.

Stomps Carol, who is said to be a martial artist

When Carol attacked Jungle Girl, Jungle girl absolutely stomps her. It's not even a close fight. Carol is mentioned to be a martial artist as well, but Jungle Girl is too strong, fast and skilled, for her that she beats her while barely even trying.

Jungle Girl has the strength to cut down defenses and go straight for a kill too.

Kills the giant merman god, the Dark One with only a knife

Jana killed the Dark One who is the merman god, with nothing but her knife. She uses her agility to scale the giant monster to get on it's head in seconds, then proceeds to punch her knife deep through it's flesh and into it's brain to kill it. That should prove to be enough strength to kill character with a knife or spear.

That is also just to show that Eragon is at least just as fast as anyone on your team if not faster.

I can agree that Eragon is as fast as the characters on my team after the blood-oath celebration that made him an elf-hybrid. That's why my team needs to use their advantages and not rely on pure physicals for the win.

While this is impressive I think we can both agree that my team should be faster than a guy that seems to be fodder.

Tarzan has taken on characters that are superhuman in physicals as well too though.

Killing Terkoz with only a knife

In the scan above, Tarzan shows high levels of speed dodging Terkoz and eventually killing him.

He has plenty of more reaction time feats to show that he can react fast enough to dodge attacks too.

Dodging a rifle shot.
Dodging a rifle shot.
Dodging a revolver from near point blank, while closing the distance for a KO punch
Dodging a revolver from near point blank, while closing the distance for a KO punch
Dodging Five shooters at the same time.
Dodging Five shooters at the same time.
Ducking under the fully auto MP 40. He is shot twice with clancing shots in his shoulder, but from this range, that's very impressive.
Ducking under the fully auto MP 40. He is shot twice with clancing shots in his shoulder, but from this range, that's very impressive.

So I am pretty confident Tarzan has the reaction time and speed to dodge attacks from your team. Even if he does eventually get hit, it takes a lot to really hurt Tarzan anyways.

Hit so hard with a gun, that it shatters.
Hit so hard with a gun, that it shatters.

Tarzan is hit so hard with a gun, that it actually breaks, but he doesn't even flinch.

Flung by four-armed gigantic Gorilla into a concrete pillar, but gets right back up
Flung by four-armed gigantic Gorilla into a concrete pillar, but gets right back up

As you can see, it's going to take some serious damage to really hurt Tarzan even if your team does manage to hit him. When he does get his shots in, it's coming with some serious power too, so he should be able to land hits with enough power to break through kill characters on your team.

Holds a lion back with his strength.
Holds a lion back with his strength.

And last but not least, more gratuitous Jungle Girl:

No Caption Provided

I'm ready to put this to a vote too, unless you have anything else you'd like to add that comes out of left field that I'd need to reply to. This has been fun, and I think it's been a great match so far. Thanks for a fun one!

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Primez0ne

@tparks:

think it's safe to say, that having bullet and arrow timing feats are not really good enough to assume that your characters can dodge Turok's arrows. Unless your characters have feats of dodging elite marksman like Turok, then I don't think they are going to be dodging everything Turok fires. Remember that Turok only needs to graze your characters too, because his arrows are dipped in poison. I think he will be doing more then grazing though with his level of skill with a bow.

Silver Samurai and Eragon both wear armor so it will not be easy for Turok to gaze their skin. Eragon can use his magic too to deflect the arrows at a farther distance or use a much more unlikely tactic and just take away their bows/arrows. Don't forget he can also read Turok and Tarzan's minds. Also Zuko can shoot fire at your team at the same time to help distract your archers. They can do this till they close the distance or your team runs out of arrows.

Eragon doesn't have any feats of making himself or others immune to poison. That seems like it would require a great deal of energy from him, to reshape the human physiology of each of his team members including himself. A spell like this would likely draw enough energy that it would kill Eragon if he attempted it once, let alone attempting it three times. He almost died when he turned a small stone into water, and the type of spell you're suggesting is much more complex then that. Even if he survived, he'd be so exhausted and drained of energy, that he'd be useless in battle, and would be instantly killed.

I could understand Eragon using a healing spell after someone is shot with poison, but that will require Eragon knowing they've been hit, taking the time to come up with the wording for the spell, and then cast the spell, losing the energy from his body because he cast the spell, and however long the length of time the spell will take to expel the poison from the affected character's body. He'd have to be quick about it too, before the character dies.

This is a lot to rely on from a character, when he will also be in the middle of battle, and won't have much of a break to just take a pause from battle, and focus on healing one of his team members. You also have to remember, that the character that needs healing will be temporarily out of the fight too. That leaves one of your characters in a three on one situation, that would not be a great spot to find your team in. Eragon might be better off just letting his teammate die, and keep fighting on.

He does not have to change someone's physiology to make them immune to poison. In the Eragon universe magic can be used in a multitude of ways to reach the same goal. For example Eragon uses his wards to stop weapons from even touching the person with the ward. He can just apply this same concept to stop the poison from entering him and his teammate's blood steam. Also he has the belt of Beloth, Aren, and the jewel at the bottom of Brisingr where he stores energy to use magic. Although I agree he doesn't have feats of making himself immune to poison.

He may be able to do this, assuming he is still alive at this point, but at least one of my characters on my team can detect and resist telepaths.

I am confused on whether she can actually detect telepaths because in the scans that is not specifically said. Her having resistance to telepathy doesn't necessarily mean he still can't detect her. In the quote I showed earlier he was purposely looking for people who could resist his telepathy among a whole army. This shows he can still pinpoint where people are even if they can resist him telepathically.

That should take out the chance any of your team has at stealth.

As you can see, it's going to take some serious damage to really hurt Tarzan even if your team does manage to hit him. When he does get his shots in, it's coming with some serious power too, so he should be able to land hits with enough power to break through kill characters on your team.

Considering two of my team will be using swords with cutting power way above that of normal swords and the last one will be using fire attacks I am not sure how well he could tank a slash/stab from them. Also you have shown Tarzan getting cut with normal swords so even Zuko has a good chance at hurting Tarzan with just his normal swords.

Next I'll show some impressive feats for my team to

Here SS battles against both Spiderman and Black widow. Notice that it took the both of them to take him down and they couldn't have done this individually.

SS also battles against the Wolverine and someone wielding the muramasa blade.

Zuko has some good battles against Aang

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

In the one above he battles a swordsman, Jet, who is capable of stalemating Aang using only swords

I'm ready to put this to a vote too, unless you have anything else you'd like to add that comes out of left field that I'd need to reply to. This has been fun, and I think it's been a great match so far. Thanks for a fun one!

Yes if you want to you can put this to a vote and I agree this was a very fun match.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gojira2014

@tparks: I am opening votes for everyone after a a week or so, you can call whoever you like right now though.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: *THREAD HIJACK*Well everyone......except me otaku emperor conceded two days ago to me

Concede=\>vote

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: *THREAD HIJACK*Well everyone......except me otaku emperor conceded two days ago to me

Concede=\>vote

if he conceded then you win indeed.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tparks: I will get to this shortly bro.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting.

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: @tparks: Give some shout outs again, voting will be open for a few days.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: has my vote for better debating and better team

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks Got my vote, the terrain, the characters seems to fit better in this type, although I don't see range attacks working that well although I could see a couple hitting their mark depending.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2-0 @tparks but I can still maybe make a comeback

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Phew...glad I saw this...you got my vote my friend. I thought the use of your team and strategies were great my friend. Awesome job.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By mickey-mouse

@gojira2014: @tparks: @primez0ne:

??? I am shocked...shocked how voting has gone so far. I absolutely disagree.

Good job to both posters, but PrimeZone clearly had the better team. SS was fighting Spiderman & BW?? He was blocking multiple bullets? Zuko was shooting out fire and blocking arrows?

Ahahahyahahaha. Wow. OK. Well I am voting for prime.

Tparks simply showed more scans & feats, but Prime's feats where the higher quality.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@lukehero: @wyldsong: Thanks for taking the time to read and vote!

@tparks said:

@wolfrazer: @oceanmaster21: Thanks for reading!

@tparks said:

@fu-dog007: Thanks for taking the time to read!

I am thankful that all of you guys took the time to vote too. Also can any of you rate how well I did in the debate. I am still fairly new at this and would like feedback. Thanks tparks though for your praise of my debating skills in that other thread.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: you did very well you cant tell that your knew bc your rwally good i like to have a cav when my pc gets fixed:)

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Fu-Dog007

@primez0ne:

Sure, you did very well, especially for someone new to this.

I'd give you a 9.5/10 with a

No Caption Provided

seal of approval

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: @primez0ne: Not that's it's over, but there is no shame in losing to Tparks, he's pretty...pretty good.

Angryprune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Good job to both posters, but PrimeZone clearly had the better team. SS was fighting Spiderman & BW?? He was blocking multiple bullets? Zuko was shooting out fire and blocking arrows?

Tparks simply showed more scans & feats, but Prime's feats where the higher quality.

this, I too vote for Primz0ne as I wasn't convinced that his team could be taken down by arrows

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@primez0ne: @primez0ne: Not that's it's over, but there is no shame in losing to Tparks, he's pretty...pretty good.

Just pretty good. Lol. JK. Thanks bro.

Seriously though, I think primez0ne kicked some a$$, regardless of how the voting turns out in the end. I even said so about a week ago in the debater rating thread.

@lukehero said:

this, I too vote for Primz0ne as I wasn't convinced that his team could be taken down by arrows

Thanks for reading!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Nice thread, nice to see you use some diverse characters. It's nice to see a Native American Superhero & female Superhero being used.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tparks

@lukehero said:

@tparks: Nice thread, nice to see you use some diverse characters. It's nice to see a Native American Superhero & female Superhero being used.

Thanks man. It's tough to put a team together with anything but a bunch of white guys, but it's nice when it works out.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Do me a favor, I don't mind giving a breakdown on what I saw, but if you could drop me a PM so I don't forget my friend.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong I will but my comupter is not working right now

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wyldsong

@primez0ne: No worries. I just have a few things to do, and I will try and get you a detailed response in a bit.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Primez0ne

thank you everyone for the votes and words of encouragement too

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gojira2014 Unless one of the votes changed I was losing 4 to 2

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gojira2014 Unless one of the votes changed I was losing 4 to 2

I miscounted then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e556e1661ac3
deactivated-5e556e1661ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without a doubt I think @tparks is the better debater here, my vote has to go the stronger team congrats @primez0ne your now only one vote down now.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Primez0ne

@remnet said:

Without a doubt I think @tparks is the better debater here, my vote has to go the stronger team congrats @primez0ne your now only one vote down now.

Thanks for the vote

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers