vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nitric says:

"Ok. Cage Has Single Handedly Beat: Spider Man AND Iron Man In His EARLY Career. He's Also Bested Sabretooth, Atlas, Constrictor, And MANY Others. Which Of Them Could Warpath Beat? Ummm, None?
You don't know what Warpath could do to Sabretooth.Wolverine who is much weaker and slower killed him.
Heh, How Many Times Has Sabretooth Beat Woverine? Over 90 Percent Of The Time They Meet! "

1.Wolverine killed Sabretooth..so what's your point?

2.Spider-man and Iron Man have both had power and skill upgrades(not saying it's good writing for them to lose to CAGE).When was Atlas a good fighter? And who has the Constrictor ever beaten that was skilled.Agent X and Deadpool used him for a punching bag in both their comics.You don't know if Warpath could beat those characters.Your obviously biased.In New Avengers which is recent.Cage has trouble beating the Hand's ninjas which I already stated and you ignored.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Korg

Discounted a lot of what you said because you show clear bias in Cage's favor. Not to mention you ignored what I had to say, too. Also, the caps thing makes your posts really annoying to read.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Nitric

LOL. Dude, Im Done With You. You Have, As Already Stated, Piss Poor And Blind Logic. No One Can Beat That. Not Even Me.

So, Im Stepping Aside. Take It As A Win If You'd Like. Just No It's Not A Proud Win.

But Really, I Just Wanna Hear How You Guys Think The Fight Would Go.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Nitric

Korg: Two Things To You. First Off. Sorry About the Typing, It's Just What I Do. If It's Annoying, I Do Appologize.

Second, Biased In Cage's Favor? It Might Not Sound Like It, But If You Ask Anyon Who Knows Me, I HATE Cage. Absolutely. I Just Know When Someone Is Outclassed. ;)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nitric says:

"LOL. Dude, Im Done With You. You Have, As Already Stated, Piss Poor And Blind Logic. No One Can Beat That. Not Even Me. So, Im Stepping Aside. Take It As A Win If You'd Like. Just No It's Not A Proud Win. But Really, I Just Wanna Hear How You Guys Think The Fight Would Go."

If my logic is so poor and yours is so above mine...how come no one agrees with you? Now your done with me when I ask you for sources and give you an instance where Cage got embarrassed.I understand...that's what people do when they have no arguemnent.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Nitric

Ha Ha. Yep.

Here's Your Pat On The Back Bud. You Win.

And Obviously Some People Did Agree With Me. Ebony Bishop And Villanova Are Two.

But Like I Said, I Dont Care Anymore. If You Guys Can't See Through Your Warpath Fanboy-ism. Im Sorry.

But Im Done Arguing For This Case. I Hate Cage Enough As Is.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Korg

I'd say calling Warpath a second-string mutant and failing to realize that he IS on a major X-book at the time do in fact show bias on your part. You say Cage outclasses Warpath, when it has been stated multiple times that his only real edge here is durability. Warpath is more agile, and much, much faster.

I see the fight unfolding this way: Cage and Warpath are both pretty head-strong, it's not inconceivable that a small misunderstanding would evolve into a confrontation/fight causing silly amounts of property damage. Cage throws the first punch and floors Warpath. Warpath gets back up, and having taken Cage's measure in strength, decides to play to his own strengths (speed, agility). He jumps around and over Cage using his superior agility and speed. He picks his shots and takes advantage of every opening he can. Cage realizes what's going on and attempts to compensate for Warpath's speed/agility by picking his own punches. He slows the pace of the fight down some, and Warpath stabs him in the eye with a vibranium knife, killing him. Didn't see that last part coming, did you? I like Cage and everything, but I don't think this fight would come down to one deciding factor. It would come down to several, and I think that puts Warpath over the edge and into victory.
Post Edited:2008-06-06 00:52:00

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nitric says:

"Ha Ha. Yep. Here's Your Pat On The Back Bud. You Win. And Obviously Some People Did Agree With Me. Ebony Bishop And Villanova Are Two. But Like I Said, I Dont Care Anymore. If You Guys Can't See Through Your Warpath Fanboy-ism. Im Sorry. But Im Done Arguing For This Case. I Hate Cage Enough As Is."

I actually like Cage more than Warpath,but believe what you want.

Thanx for the easy win.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Nitric

You're Welcome. :)

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Nitric

Hey, Wait. Can Someone Please Just Tell Me How They See This fight Going Down? That's All I Wanted To Know. I'll Understand Why You Pick Warpath, I Just Want To Know How. If That's Ok With You.

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Calix

Nitric says:

"Hey Longshot, I Really Respect You Trying To Help Out, Honestly. But Just Because Someone Has The Training, Doesn't Mean They Have The Proper Experience To Take On Someone Of Cage's Calibur.It's Already Agreed On That Cage Is Stronger, More Durable, And Way Ahead In The Experience Factor. So Again, I'll Ask. What Does Warpath Have On Him?"

Says who? as in who already agreed on Cage being Stronger, more durable and way ahead of him in Experience factor.

I'm Fairly certain that Warpath actually has self-propelled flight powers. I checked with Wiki, Marvel.com, UncannyX and Marveldata wiki and all say that he does.

I'm not certain why he didn't fly after the helicopter when Rahne was capture but I'll assume it had to do with her safety and not the fact that couldn't.

Further according to marvel.com Cage has considerable less in speed but also came up short in regards to intelligence, strength and fighting skill.

Both are even in regards to durability but Warpath has the Vibranium knives and irrelevant to what type it is, they could both be used offensively and the Wakandan variety can be used defensively as well which only makes them tougher.

In summation Warpath wins because while he and Cage match in durability. Warpath is smarter, faster, stronger and has better skills than Cage and I'm not even touching the fact that James can fly, use of his knives, superhuman agility, reflexes and enhanced senses.

As for Nitric's little list.

Swap your names for a Sentinel, Stryfe, Skornn, Juggernaut(okay he lost that particular bout after a few rounds but this was shortly after he joined Cable's gang and his strength level was still increasing) and answer if Cage could take them on for even a single round. otherwise this has become a total mute point.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Korg

No, I'm still infuriated by your capitalization of every word you type. I guess bad habits are hard to break, though...

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Nitric

Thank You Korg. With A Fleshed Out Blow By Blow Account, How Could I Argue?

And Calix, You Fail. Epicly.

LOL. I Dunno Why. I Just Felt Like Saying That.

No Hard Feeling Anyone, Right? That'd Be Silly.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Nitric

Im sorry, I'll try and stop. Just For You.

Damn. That last sentence escaped...

This is gonna be hard.

One last thing on the actual subject of this thread: I can't beleive it lasted this long! lol

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Calix

Nitric says:

"Thank You Korg. With A Fleshed Out Blow By Blow Account, How Could I Argue?And Calix, You Fail. Epicly.LOL. I Dunno Why. I Just Felt Like Saying That.No Hard Feeling Anyone, Right? That'd Be Silly."

I failed epicly? that's not even a word but I digress... How did I fail epically?

What exactly is it that you were looking for a blow by blow on how Warpath would kick the snot out of Cage that can be done.. if you desire as much.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Nitric

Ha Ha. Pick apart my spelling. I'm sorry. At least I know how to you use grammar, puncuation, and proper capitalization when I try.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Nitric

Ok, Disregard My Last Post, You Actually Do Seem Quite Smart. Sorries. And Man, I Already Said I Didn't Mean Anything By Saying You Failed "Epically".

Is Everyone That Petty Here?

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Calix

To be fair I'll even let you set-up the scenario, assuming you are familiar with the term, and I'll give you a play by play comments on how Cage got owned.

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Calix

Nitric says:

"Ha Ha. Pick apart my spelling. I'm sorry. At least I know how to you use grammar, puncuation, and proper capitalization when I try."

Consider it disregarded Oh and do please answer the question. if you will.....
Post Edited:2008-06-06 01:18:50

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Nitric

The Scenario One?

I Dunno. Let's Say A Relatively Open Junk-Yard.

(LOL. I Dunno Why I Picked It, But Hey)

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Calix

night time? day time?

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Nitric

Ummm... Dusk.

And It's Raining. On A Wednesday.

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Calix

Nitric says:

"Ummm... Dusk.And It's Raining. On A Wednesday. "

Cute

Sorry for the delay, I got distracted.

Since we are dealing with Cage it's most likely going to be him who throws the first punch because that is just what Cage does. James however also has a temper, so he could very well be the first to charge. In which case you have both coming at each other but James has superhuman speed, -agility and -reflexes and his strength level is higher so the first blow landed would most likely be his and the likelihood that he dodges Cage first blow is high. Cage won't stagger much, if any, due to his own power-set so basically the first few hours of the battle would be pretty much an exchange of blows thou James would be able to either dodge most or using his bowie knives to the deflect the blows and absorb the kinetic energy thus strengthening them. Again his agility and reflexes and speed come into play. His own counter-blows however would do more damage to Cage; because while Cage can get up to 25 tons James goes around 75 ton meaning at least double the force of Cage own blows.

Seeing as Cage can withstand one ton impacts without major injuries James whopping 75 ton blows add to it the momentum of his speed should help soften Cage considerably over the next hours. Which brings us to a few hours later making it night time and again Warpath has an advantage due to his enhanced senses meaning he retains his same level of clarity in near-total darkness while Cage is stumbling around.

Seeing as how Vibranium has been absorbing the kinetic energy for a few hours they should be now strong enough to puncture Cage skin causing internal injuries. Battle over.

This not to say that Cage will just stand there and take it like a punching bag, he will most likely get in a few solid shots but we are talking about someone who went a few round with Jugs. Winning just isn't going to happen here at least not in Cage's favor.
Post Edited:2008-06-06 02:28:13

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Intelligence: Luke Cage

Strength: Warpath

Speed: Warpath

Durability: Luke Cage

Power: Luke Cage

Combat: Warpath

If Warpath has his knives the he could stab Luke. If he didn't have his knives I don't know who would win.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nitric says:

"You Can Only Say That Through His Training. But Training Is Not Everything. It Never Has Been. Put Some "Trained Fighter" Up Against Someone Who's Had A *Real* Life, A Hard One At That, Who's Actually Had To Fight. Alot. And Not Organized Fighting. Street Fighting. Life Or Death, Give It All You've Got Fighting. Cage Is The Man For This One. He Has Way More Experience, And He's Fought Tougher People Before. Not Only That, But I Believe He Has The Heart. So Again. *Superior* Strength + *Superior* Durability + *Superior* Experience = Luke Cage As The Winner In The End."

That's complete false.Training means almost everything in Marvel.She-Hulk was unable to beat the Champion of the Universe the first time around.She went and trained further and than beat him with relative easy.Iron Fist who is considered one of Marvel's best fighters has had extensive training as well as people like Wolverine.

Street Fighting doesn't make you a good fighter because there are no trained combatants on the streets.

Experience means nothing and neither does strength and durabilty...Spider-Man proves that on almost a daily basis.

That made no sense. An elder god. isn't he a orother of the The Stranger, with millennium of experience who specializes in unarmed combat gets beat by someone with inferior physical ability who takes tune-up lessons for a short time from Gamora(?). That is ultimate PIS.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Going with Warpath due to superior speed, skill, and weaponry. Cage might make the mistake of thinking Warpaths blades are run of the mill and get stabbed trying to no sell.

Avatar image for the_happy_wendingo
The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no knives Warpath gets stomped.