Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By HellionVulcan

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@HellionVulcan said:

the fact cap beat warpath & gambit in such a pis fashion blows my mind how much pis go's caps way .

The fight with Gambit was not extremely well written, however, Cap beating Gambit, and certainly Warpath, is very much within the realm of probability. They were poorly written stories, but not PIS.

u can't be serious Gambit blowing up caps suit should've killed him going by what gambit did to dakens arm (when he charged his claw & daken is more durable than cap) so it was indeed Pis & warpath should be to fast to durable & to strong for cap so for him to stand any chance in a real hand to hand encounter is again pis .

Warpath speed
Warpath speed

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Warpath is a 25 tonner at the most. And even then I'm hard-pressed to justify that number via feats.

And as far as Cap being able to do enough damage or not, I'm pretty sure precision strikes by a martial master with an indestructible shield would do beaucoup damage to most non Hulk level types in the Marvel U.

Replace with pic of Warpath and, well, Cap wins. Lol.

cap has 1/2 ton strength his shield won't hurt mid range durable guys warpath has been hit by Juggernaut & survived caps shield should do little damage to him .

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By KainScion

why would daken be more durable than cap? and please show where warpath fought the hulk.

@HellionVulcan:

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@HellionVulcan:

u can't be serious

Sure I can. And I am.

Gambit blowing up caps suit should've killed him going by what gambit did to dakens arm

Terrible comparison. First, he charged Daken's arm, not his clothing. His freaken arm went 'BOOM'. Far different from Cap's armor going 'BOOM'. Second, Gambit can control the charge of the blast. He wanted to blow up Daken's arm, so he did knowing Daken can heal back from it. He only wanted to KO Cap but underestimated Steve's fortitude and fell short of the mark. Gambit's morals are questionable, but not when it comes to the cold blooded murder of other heroes. He did not charge the suit with enough juice to do more than cosmetic damage and underestimated how tough Steve is.

warpath should be to fast to durable & to strong for cap so for him to stand any chance in a real hand to hand encounter is again pis

Really now, do I need to post the scan of Cap beating a bullet to its mark? Warpath's speed indeed. Steve has far, far better feats than Warpath and more than enough skill to pull off a win. He might not one shot WP with a shield strike, but a handful of them in telling areas will do the trick. Warpath is stronger and may be more durable, but lacks the skill to make his advantages count for something against the likes of Captain America.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BaBaBoom

A guy named Captain AMERICA would never be beaten! I mean, come on!, it's an American comic and Americans don't want to lose, EVER!

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By KMART4455

@BaBaBoom: I guess that explains it then...

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HellionVulcan

@KainScion said:

why would daken be more durable than cap? and please show where warpath fought the hulk.

@HellionVulcan:

Juggernaut is stronger than hulk so no need for him to fight hulk but he did during world war hulk such a terrible event plus its not like cap would last more than warpath as hes far more durable & faster plus coping what i said later - great impact forces such as being repeatedly punched by the Juggernaut without being hurt. so he can survive punches from hulk lets see cap survive being repeatedly punched by hulk or Juggernaut .

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Terrible comparison. First, he charged Daken's arm, not his clothing. His freaken arm went 'BOOM'. Far different from Cap's armor going 'BOOM'. Second, Gambit can control the charge of the blast. He wanted to blow up Daken's arm, so he did knowing Daken can heal back from it. He only wanted to KO Cap but underestimated Steve's fortitude and fell short of the mark. Gambit's morals are questionable, but not when it comes to the cold blooded murder of other heroes. He did not charge the suit with enough juice to do more than cosmetic damage and underestimated how tough Steve is.

Caps explosion was bigger yet marvel made gambits power look weak as hell & in no way did it say gambit made it more powerful or less but it seemed like he wanted cap down or gone to me so again cap even being intact was as i said pis .

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

a much larger explosion than the one used of daken yet dakens ones tore his arm apart guess marvel gives cap super durability when the story needs it .

@Super_SoldierXII said:Really now, do I need to post the scan of Cap beating a bullet to its mark? Warpath's speed indeed. Steve has far, far better feats than Warpath and more than enough skill to pull off a win. He might not one shot WP with a shield strike, but a handful of them in telling areas will do the trick. Warpath is stronger and may be more durable, but lacks the skill to make his advantages count for something against the likes of Captain America.

warpath can move over 100 miles per hour & even faster as his current speed is unknown so i doubt caps gonna be able to keep up with his pace nor his attacks .

durability wise warpaths best feats He can withstand high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature extremes, vastly powerful energy blasts from the likes of Exodus and great impact forces such as being repeatedly punched by the Juggernaut without being hurt. so caps shield shouldn't even effect him at all lol .

agility & reflex wise warpath again slaughters him as hes nearly level with wolverine so hes gonna be abit better than caps but not by a huge amount .

Fighting ability hes ranked a 6 in the official guide so hes no sloth at all when it comes to fighting but cap skill out does his yes but not by much .

so going by that warpath should've a better chance of winning than cap will ever but he does lack feats but thats marvels doing not his hahahaha .

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By tg1982

@HellionVulcan said:

Caps explosion was bigger yet marvel made gambits power look weak as hell & in no way did it say gambit made it more powerful or less but it seemed like he wanted cap down or gone to me so again cap even being intact was as i said pis .
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

a much larger explosion than the one used of daken yet dakens ones tore his arm apart guess marvel gives cap super durability when the story needs it .

First, Gambit didn't want to kill Cap, so no he didn't use a fully charged blast, and underestimated Cap's durability.

Second, It's stated that Cap has a second layer of armor underneath his cahinmail, that is impact resistant and flame resistant so that also worked to his favor.

AKA_TERMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AKA_TERMINATOR

@Nefarious said:

Cap already beat Warpath with ease.

True, I remember that.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HellionVulcan

@tg1982 said:

@HellionVulcan said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

First, Gambit didn't want to kill Cap, so no he didn't use a fully charged blast, and underestimated Cap's durability.

Second, It's stated that Cap has a second layer of armor underneath his cahinmail, that is impact resistant and flame resistant so that also worked to his favor.

it never said how powerful that explosion was so its all speculation but it did look really powerful to cause that big of an area of effect as it exploded everything in that area besides cap (for plot purpose only).

& all that got destroyed yet cap had no wounds or anything just a torn outfit ,makes perfect sense sigh .

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tg1982

@HellionVulcan said:

it never said how powerful that explosion was so its all speculation but it did look really powerful to cause that big of an area of effect as it exploded everything in that area besides cap (for plot purpose only).

& all that got destroyed yet cap had no wounds or anything just a torn outfit ,makes perfect sense sigh .

Does it really need to be stated? Is Gambit the kind of person to just blantantly kill other heros? I don't think so. So to "speculate" that he didn't use a leathal or full blast is really a logical conclusion, IMO.

And Gambit only charged the outer armor, the chainmail, he didn't know about the inner armor, so the inner armor protected Cap from the blast.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HellionVulcan

@tg1982 said:

@HellionVulcan said:

Does it really need to be stated? Is Gambit the kind of person to just blantantly kill other heros? I don't think so. So to "speculate" that he didn't use a leathal or full blast is really a logical conclusion, IMO.

And Gambit only charged the outer armor, the chainmail, he didn't know about the inner armor, so the inner armor protected Cap from the blast.

has gambit killed yes hes been both hero & villain but lethal force or not it should've been enough to throw cap away or knock him out or kill him but marvel obviously not wanting anything believable went differently .

so his armor suit explodes which means it'd go in towards caps own body & doesn't cut him ? his suit should've done him alot more damage due to that alone ,so how could it of protected him it should've been a death trap .

but should get back on topic thou but i already stated why warpath wins thou hes far superior in nearly every way besides fighting skill but its not like warpath is far behind him .

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@HellionVulcan:

Right.

As nothing you've said changes a thing about the validity of my original post, or proves any of my points as false, I will simply respond by repeating myself;

@HellionVulcan:

u can't be serious

Sure I can. And I am.

Gambit blowing up caps suit should've killed him going by what gambit did to dakens arm

warpath should be to fast to durable & to strong for cap so for him to stand any chance in a real hand to hand encounter is again pis

Really now, do I need to post the scan of Cap beating a bullet to its mark? Warpath's speed indeed. Steve has far, far better feats than Warpath and more than enough skill to pull off a win. He might not one shot WP with a shield strike, but a handful of them in telling areas will do the trick. Warpath is stronger and may be more durable, but lacks the skill to make his advantages count for something against the likes of Captain America.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Could, should, would. 

Warpath is a chump. There is no way around it. Likewise so for characters like Beast, Gargan or other street levelers that should, in theory, be great threats and yet have nothing more than stats on a piece of paper. Debating what we think should be as opposed to what actually is doesn't hold much weight in the battles forum.
tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tg1982

@HellionVulcan said:

has gambit killed yes hes been both hero & villain but lethal force or not it should've been enough to throw cap away or knock him out or kill him but marvel obviously not wanting anything believable went differently .

so his armor suit explodes which means it'd go in towards caps own body & doesn't cut him ? his suit should've done him alot more damage due to that alone ,so how could it of protected him it should've been a death trap .

When has Gambit ever blatantly killed another superhero? Also Cap's durability is pretty much legendary, he's taken lots of punishment way worse than this and hasn't been KOd before. But if you want to belive that Gambit is the type of "hero" to go around and kill other heros then go ahead but I'm sure there is tons of evidence to prove the contrary.

And Cap's inner layer of armor is essentially kevlar which is impact resistant with it also being flame retardent, and the whole explosion wouldn't go into Cap's body it would go everywhere, so he wouldn't have even taken the brunt of the explosion.

If you think that story was PIS then fine, it's all good, I'm not going to try and change your opinion. But I and others disagree with you though.

I'm not going to talk about Gambit vs. Captain America anymore because I feel we've gone off topic with the thread being Warpath vs Captain America. Plus I got to go to work. But if you're interested in Cap vs. Gambit debate there is a thread here on the battles forum we can carry it over there if you want.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By HellionVulcan

@Super_SoldierXII: I did prove u wrong on cap being able to harm him with the Surviving repeated punches by juggernaut (as i can list many other ways warpath outclasses cap like i did on page 3 already,i'll quote myself cause it proves warpath should win) so whats cap gonna do ? as nothing u said even changes the fact warpath is way to much for captain America on his best day .

i will say op never stated how far apart they are cause if its like the stryfe encounter cap will not be able to react to him & he'd be killed nearly instantly by either neck snap or being stabbed .

speed wise warpath can move over 100 miles per hour & even faster (said he could fly but under speed of light but i doubt we're going by that warpath) as his current speed is unknown so i doubt caps gonna be able to keep up with his pace nor his attacks.

strength wise currently is unknown but hes some where between 25 to 75 tons thats more then enough to harm cap .

durability wise warpaths best feats He can withstand high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature extremes, vastly powerful energy blasts from the likes of Exodus and great impact forces such as being repeatedly punched by the Juggernaut without being hurt. so caps shield shouldn't even effect him at all since a 1/2 tonner can't hit harder than juggernaut .

agility & reflex wise warpath again outclasses him as hes nearly level with wolverine so hes gonna be abit better than caps but not by a huge amount .

Fighting ability hes ranked a 6 in the official guide so hes no sloth at all when it comes to fighting but cap skill out does his yes but not by much .

so going by that warpath should've a better chance of winning than cap will ever but he does lack feats but thats marvels doing not his own since marvel only mainly cares for the main characters of the avengers/x-men .

but warpaths best durability & other feats out do caps damage output & neglects caps skill so in time cap loses ,quite simple .

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By HellionVulcan

@Morpheus_ said:

Could, should, would.

Warpath is a chump. There is no way around it. Likewise so for characters like Beast, Gargan or other street levelers that should, in theory, be great threats and yet have nothing more than stats on a piece of paper. Debating what we think should be as opposed to what actually is doesn't hold much weight in the battles forum.

but theres a huge difference from comic to picturing the fight in real life with all their feats gathered (cause theres no point in debating about a comic fight going by how the writers would have it cause this fight would last a page cause they'd job warpath out when his durability is far better then that) & put into effect but lets be honest the characters u mentioned could be more or have more feats but its the writers & so forth who hold these characters back .So we have no real feats to compare as 90's warpath has shown better feats then current warpath .

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@HellionVulcan said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Could, should, would.

but theres a huge difference from comic to picturing the fight in real life with all their feats gathered (cause theres no point in debating about a comic fight going by how the writers would have it cause this fight would last a page cause they'd job warpath out when his durability is far better then that) & put into effect but lets be honest the characters u mentioned could be more or have more feats but its the writers & so forth who hold these characters back .So we have no real feats to compare as 90's warpath has shown better feats then current warpath .

Warpath since the revamp he sustained under Brubaker has not really demonstrated any durability feats to support that Cap hitting him with the shield would not sufficiently hurt him. 

90s Warpath is, as you said, an entirely different guy, with significantly superior strength and durability, even though not nearly as much as you might think. His superior stats did not prevent him from consistently being defeated from Shatterstar, who, despite his enhancements, never displayed any strength or durability feats superior to Captain America during the 90s. So on one hand you say he withstood hits from the Juggernaut and he did (in the same story in which Shatterstar stabbed Cain through the eye...somehow), but he also had much inferior showings, even in a form in which he has many more showings than current. 

Simply put, Warpath has little to no feats, and as the two forms are not interchangeable, I cannot see a convincing case being made that is not focusing on speculation as to how he would defeat a guy with thousands of showings, most of them ranging from great to spectacular. 
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Morpheus_:

How in the name of the lord do you retain all details for the multiples of showings like you do ... I've read a lot of comics in my day, but would not remember combat details with such exactitude from a comic read in the 90's (or just last year for that matter).

Tell me you have a large bank of scans per character you peruse from or something to respond on the fly as you do ... and then gimme said bank of scans forthwith!

Lol.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII: LOL, I was, like, 5 when that Juggernaut/X-Force storyline was published. I researched Shatterstar last year and that meant going through a lot of X-Force v1 issues that Warpath was also included in, so I have more than average knowledge on him.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By Erik

@Super_SoldierXII:

I have a theory that Morph is actually the first real world A.I. and all comics are stored in his mind.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@Morpheus_ said:

@Super_SoldierXII: LOL, I was, like, 5 when that Juggernaut/X-Force storyline was published. I researched Shatterstar last year and that meant going through a lot of X-Force v1 issues that Warpath was also included in, so I have more than average knowledge on him.

Dude, judging from responses I've read from you in multiple other threads, you have more than average knowledge on most characters. It's insane.

@Erik said:

@Super_SoldierXII:

I have a theory that Morph is actually the first real world A.I. and all comics are stored in his mind.

LOL. I would not deny the extreme plausibility of said theory.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By TDK_1997

Cap already beat him easily.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KMART4455

@TDK_1997 said:

Cap already beat him easily.

Been established.. Widely believed that is pis though.. I think Cap would win though..

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

@k4tzm4n: To be exact his strength is 25 tons tops and they're fighting skills are both on par I'm just going by Marvel Power Guide ratings so Warpath is stronger overall but I go with experience and that's what Cap got also they're durability are the same so Cap knocking him out in AvX has some truth to it.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tg1982

Cap also knocked out Mr. Hyde.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Oni_Bane

CA FTW

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Bane_of_sith

The captain makes it happen!

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By KMART4455

@Bane_of_sith said:

The captain makes it happen!

lol

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By grimlock

@BaBaBoom said:

Batman admitted that Captain America can beat him. That's all I needed to say.

No Caption Provided

what bats said is that cap could possibly beat him. it is conceivable to have such an outcome. he didn't admit that cap would beat him

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By KMART4455

@grimlock said:

@BaBaBoom said:

No Caption Provided

what bats said is that cap could possibly beat him. it is conceivable to have such an outcome. he didn't admit that cap would beat him

Batman would never admit any such thing even if captain america was far superior.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By grimlock

@KMART4455 said:

@grimlock said:

@BaBaBoom said:

No Caption Provided

Batman would never admit any such thing even if captain america was far superior.

atleast in this pic he admits the possibility that cap could beat him. at the same time he also sounds sarcastic when he asks "do you want to?"

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By darktiger

I say cap

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By KMART4455

@darktiger said:

I say cap

This

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dextersinister

Removing PIS Cap should be incapable of actually hurting Warpath, guys bullet proof. Warpath no question.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By RisingBean

If by God the shield impacts can't put Warpath down, Cap thinks up contingency plans until something works.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By KMART4455

Bump

fatalfury77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By fatalfury77

@KMART4455: bump indeed

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LordOfFate

To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what's going on with Warpath.....He fought the Juggernaut and was holding his own, so I'm not sure why Marvel keeps treating him like he a one toner.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By KMART4455

@Lord Shiva said:

To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what's going on with Warpath.....He fought the Juggernaut and was holding his own, so I'm not sure why Marvel keeps treating him like he a one toner.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No joke? Is that cannon??

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Dextersinister

@KMART4455: Yep, Mystique must have sexed Warpath to death and is currently disguised as him. It would explain why he is losing to street levelers and getting so much face-time in AvsX.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Jayfournines said:

Captain America pwns Warpath

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By KMART4455

@jeanroygrant: I certainly hope so.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LordOfFate

@KMART4455 said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@Lord Shiva said:

No joke? Is that cannon??

X-Force #3.....you know the Cable's X-Force team before the Wolverine's X-Force...lol

Speed...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By KMART4455

Im going to say bump

I think there is more here.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Phylos

-puts on headdress-

The Native

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Lord Shiva: Hah that's the first time I've seen any credible feat from Warpath, other than slamming down a Sentinel in Messiah CompleX. 

Also, Captain America wins.
TheMinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheMinister

The Transformer Warpath wins.

KMART4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By KMART4455

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Lord Shiva: Hah that's the first time I've seen any credible feat from Warpath, other than slamming down a Sentinel in Messiah CompleX. Also, Captain America wins.

Actually There are scans of warpath apparently holding his own against juggs.

Captain america wins.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Nefarious said:

Cap already beat Warpath with ease.