• 60 results
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock

T'Challa doesn't have his energy daggers?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Avatar image for alodia_cromwell
Alodia Cromwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Alodia Cromwell

BLACK Panther

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Static Shock says:

"T'Challa doesn't have his energy daggers?"

Added em :P

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

LMAO. This thread is hilarious. I was going to link the other thread where this fight was posted but I've decided to leave it buried.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

No one? Or is everybody waiting to see what Buckshot says? Warpath is to strong and durable for BP.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Well.... Damn, I don't know. I mean... I just don't know... I'm kinda leaning towards Warpath. He's a beast. I'm sure you saw what he did to that Sentinel in Messiah Complex. Also, The only way T'Challa could hurt Warpath is with the daggers, maybe. And the vibranium soles could do some damage too. But, in a straight up fight, T'Challa is completely outclassed in all physical aspects. The vibranium daggers would easily get through to suit, though. I don't see T'Challa winning this one.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"LMAO. This thread is hilarious. I was going to link the other thread where this fight was posted but I've decided to leave it buried. "

I looked on the Battle list and didn't see it. Someone should update that thing ;P
Post Edited:2008-02-12 17:46:02

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Darkchild

Warpath hands down. Tchalla will give him a fight for his damn life but in the end Warpath wins

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"No one? Or is everybody waiting to see what Buckshot says? Warpath is to strong and durable for BP."

Why would they wait for me? Anyway, for the actual fight I'm leaning towards Warpath. I'm not certain because I don't know exactly how strong he is, but his agility should be sufficient to let him engage BP without falling victim to energy daggers and as long as his daggers don't get destroyed they should be useful. I've also had a question about what BPs claws will do to superhumanly durable beings (Warpath is bulletproof right?). They destroy metal on contact, but that's because of it's special properties. They've been shown to be ineffective against super strong plastics and nonmetals, so would super strong skin be resistant? Don't think it would be totally protected since the claws have scratched Hulk, but a scratch is a lot less than being ripped to shreds so resistance would be better than nothing.

Gambler says:

"I looked on the Battle list and didn't see it. Someone should update that thing ;P
Post Edited:2008-02-12 17:46:02"

I'll send you the link. Maybe Static too. I'm glad you've both grown since then, at least a little bit.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"The vibranium daggers would easily get through to suit, though. I don't see T'Challa winning this one."

Easily? I don't know about all that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd say BP has the slight edge in terms of hand to hand combat (although Warpath is no joke) I think BP can and would use affective techniques to minimize the strength differential. Its a great match up (sucks it was done already) and a case could be made for either or.
Post Edited:2008-02-12 17:51:13

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

Buckshot says:

"Static Shock says:
"The vibranium daggers would easily get through to suit, though. I don't see T'Challa winning this one."

Easily? I don't know about all that. "

If they slash the suit, it will tear. That's enough for me. :)

But, I got one question. Is it possible for the suit to rob the daggers of it's momentum, even if they are both made of vibranium? There has to be an uncommon effect or something unexplained.

"I'll send you the link. Maybe Static too. I'm glad you've both grown since then, at least a little bit."

I feel old now.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Post Deleted.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"I'll send you the link. Maybe Static too. I'm glad you've both grown since then, at least a little bit."

Just trying to be like you playa

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'm so disappointed in myself.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"Buckshot says:
"Static Shock says:

Easily? I don't know about all that. "

If they slash the suit, it will tear. That's enough for me. :)

But, I got one question. Is it possible for the suit to rob the daggers of it's momentum, even if they are both made of vibranium? There has to be an uncommon effect or something unexplained."

If he slashes correctly. There's one weakness to the suit, but people act like anyone with a knife will instinctively know how to exploit it. If BP knows that cutting a certain way will rip his suit, don't you think it would be believable for him to devote more attention (countering or avoiding) those slashes than ones that will do nothing? If he's only getting hit by the slashes that won't cut him, his suit won't tear. And if he cuts up the daggers (a distinct possibility if Warpath uses them to parry BP's claws or if he throws them as he usually does and BP gets his hands on them) then that edge is gone. I think it's certainly possible for Warpath to cut him up, but not easily.

Don't know what would happen when the daggers and suit meet, but there's nothing to show that anything spectacular would happen.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"No one? Or is everybody waiting to see what Buckshot says? Warpath is to strong and durable for BP."
Why would they wait for me? Anyway, for the actual fight I'm leaning towards Warpath. I'm not certain because I don't know exactly how strong he is, but his agility should be sufficient to let him engage BP without falling victim to energy daggers and as long as his daggers don't get destroyed they should be useful. I've also had a question about what BPs claws will do to superhumanly durable beings (Warpath is bulletproof right?). They destroy metal on contact, but that's because of it's special properties. They've been shown to be ineffective against super strong plastics and nonmetals, so would super strong skin be resistant? Don't think it would be totally protected since the claws have scratched Hulk, but a scratch is a lot less than being ripped to shreds so resistance would be better than nothing. Gambler says:
" I looked on the Battle list and didn't see it. Someone should update that thing ;P
Post Edited:2008-02-12 17:46:02"
I'll send you the link. Maybe Static too. I'm glad you've both grown since then, at least a little bit."
You and Static are the key defenders of BP. My knowledge of him his average in comparison. My specialty is Storm. LOL
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Warpath does throw his Daggers quite a bit. If BP had any idea that they where made out of Vibranium I could see him trying to keep his distance, perhaps using his intelligence to manipulate Warpath into throwing away two of his advantages.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Warpath's advantages: Speed, strength, natural durability.

Panther's advantages: Brains, gear, and (to a lesser degree) skill.

I'm going with Warpath. He's faster, much stronger, and while not as skilled, still good enough to fully capitalize on his other advantages. Panther's best bet is to try to stay out of the way and think of a plan, which won't be easy given how fast and mobile Warpath is. If BP tries to slug it out with James, he's going to get flattened.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sling Shot

Warpath should be the New Captain America. He has all the capabilities of Original Cap to the 100th power his skills are as seasoned but I don't see why not all the interstellar combat he has seen and exotic training he has recieved from the likes of Cable, ShatterStar etc...And yes he is a pre-American

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By POHOCOM

Isn't Warpath 7 feet tall, with strength in the 75 ton range?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By warlock360

plus hes gonna win this fight!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hadrelius

Warlock360 says:

"plus hes gonna win this fight!"

This was done before and the majority felt it would be BP. DOn't see this being much different from Puma vs BP. WArpath strength is his only advantage and it hasn't been enough for others. His fighting skill is nowhere near BP and since BP gave him those knives I think he could deal with them.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By warlock360

Chances are its gonna happen, sooner or later.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the creator

Warpath ca lift approx 75 tonnes. He also has enhanced movement speed, enhanced reflexes, and agility (so above Peak Human). His durability is also significantly enhanced (not sure if he is entirely bullet proof but he can withstand blows from people of equivalent strength). Then there are his enhanced senses and the potential ability to fly. He is an extremely talented fight, having been taught multiple styles and he is versatile in combat.

Finally, Warpaths vibranium blades have proven capable of cutting in to hardened steel like materials when backed by his enormous strength.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

Warpath ca lift approx 75 tonnes. He also has enhanced movement speed, enhanced reflexes, and agility (so above Peak Human). His durability is also significantly enhanced (not sure if he is entirely bullet proof but he can withstand blows from people of equivalent strength). Then there are his enhanced senses and the potential ability to fly. He is an extremely talented fight, having been taught multiple styles and he is versatile in combat.

Finally, Warpaths vibranium blades have proven capable of cutting in to hardened steel like materials when backed by his enormous strength.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hadrelius

The_Creator says:

"Warpath ca lift approx 75 tonnes. He also has enhanced movement speed, enhanced reflexes, and agility (so above Peak Human). His durability is also significantly enhanced (not sure if he is entirely bullet proof but he can withstand blows from people of equivalent strength). Then there are his enhanced senses and the potential ability to fly. He is an extremely talented fight, having been taught multiple styles and he is versatile in combat. Finally, Warpaths vibranium blades have proven capable of cutting in to hardened steel like materials when backed by his enormous strength. "

So what are u saying?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock

Alpha says:

"So what are u saying? "

That BP is greatly outclassed, and that he loses. Did you see what Warpath did to that Sentinel in Messiah Complex!?

Alpha says:

This was done before and the majority felt it would be BP. DOn't see this being much different from Puma vs BP. WArpath strength is his only advantage and it hasn't been enough for others. His fighting skill is nowhere near BP and since BP gave him those knives I think he could deal with them.

That was because the majority didn't know Warpath well enough to give an argument for him. So, a lot of opinions were biased. Storm gave him those knives, btw. This fight would be very different from the Puma vs BP fight. Puma is no where near as powerful is Warpath, which is why it's possible for BP is beat him (Puma, that is.). Warpath's physical attributes are many, many times higher, (It's not just his strength) and T'Challa couldn't possibly keep up. But, it's likely that T'Challa would get mauled in no time. I don't think Warpath would have a hard time grabbing BP and breaking him in two. The suit won't protect him from grapples, submissions, and holds. And, even if he manages to stay evasive, he would eventually tire out, leaving Warpath (who would still be fresh) to tear him apart. T'Challa couldn't possibly win this in a straight-up fight. He loses.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the creator

Alpha says:

"The_Creator says:
"Warpath ca lift approx 75 tonnes. He also has enhanced movement speed, enhanced reflexes, and agility (so above Peak Human). His durability is also significantly enhanced (not sure if he is entirely bullet proof but he can withstand blows from people of equivalent strength). Then there are his enhanced senses and the potential ability to fly. He is an extremely talented fight, having been taught multiple styles and he is versatile in combat. Finally, Warpaths vibranium blades have proven capable of cutting in to hardened steel like materials when backed by his enormous strength. "
So what are u saying? "

I wasn't.

A few people on the thread had asked for a more info on Warpaths abilities - so I provided it.

My take. I still believe that BP has at best only just over peak human reflexes etc.

If the info on Warpaths abilities is accurate then he should be too fast for BP, hard for BP to hurt and with his strength, I cannot see him not doing considerable damage to BP (like pulling his arms off).

I would say, if Warpath is used at the level his abilities are presented at he should win.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The_Creator says:

"Warpath ca lift approx 75 tonnes. He also has enhanced movement speed, enhanced reflexes, and agility (so above Peak Human). His durability is also significantly enhanced (not sure if he is entirely bullet proof but he can withstand blows from people of equivalent strength). Then there are his enhanced senses and the potential ability to fly. He is an extremely talented fight, having been taught multiple styles and he is versatile in combat.Finally, Warpaths vibranium blades have proven capable of cutting in to hardened steel like materials when backed by his enormous strength."

Where are you getting these stats from? I've been looking for specifics (especially in regards to his strength) for a while and haven't been able to find any. Are these current? The flying thing and the 75 ton strength make me think they might be old (the flying's been removed and the last number I say in a handbook thing was 25 tons), but if they're up to date, that's good. And do they still use "enhanced"?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The_Creator says:

"I would say, if Warpath is used at the level his abilities are presented at he should win."

Agree with that, but I'm wondering where the stats were from.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By warlock360

I'm guessing Messiah Complex character guide

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the creator

Buckshot says:

"The_Creator says:
Where are you getting these stats from? I've been looking for specifics (especially in regards to his strength) for a while and haven't been able to find any. Are these current? The flying thing and the 75 ton strength make me think they might be old (the flying's been removed and the last number I say in a handbook thing was 25 tons), but if they're up to date, that's good. And do they still use "enhanced"? "

These figures were from the hole punched versions of the Marvel handbook and so are a number of years old.

Back then his strength was quoted as 75 tonnes and still increasing (mentioning a likelyhood to get to 90 tonnes).

Unfortunately the current Marvel Universe info does not go in to so many specifics but it does list his strength at a grid level of 6 (75 - 100 tonnes) but I don't really believe some of the grids info.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Understand, I believe he's that strong (upper level, 75-90) I just don't have current numbers to back it up, just rare examples like slamming a sentinel, which aren't solid.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By warlock360

solid enough for me man^^

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlackPanther

Yeh BP loses but I’m wondering what will the effect of his antimetal claws have on the blade? And wouldn’t the effects of the blades be nullified if they come into contact with the vibranium suite which is resonating at the same frequency as the blades? Honestly what makes you guys so certain that the suit will be cut by the blades?

Please answer, because if you ask me, they should cancel each other out otherwise the suit should be able to intern make the blades blunt while they repeatedly cut.

Post Edited:2008-02-15 12:14:14

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By warlock360

BP still loses while getting "sentinel knocking down" punches to his grill
Post Edited:2008-02-15 12:19:45

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock

I pulled this from Marvel Database.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Warpath#Powers_and_Abilities

Powers

Warpath is a Alpha-Level mutant.

Superhumanly Acute Senses: Warpath's senses of sight and hearing are enhanced to levels beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human. He is able to see, with perfect clarity, at much greater distances than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity, even in near-total darkness. His hearing is similarly heightened, enabling him to both hear sounds that ordinary human's can't and sounds that they can detect but at much greater distances.

Superhuman Strength: Warpath possesses great superhuman strength enabling him to lift 75 tons. He has the potential of one day being able to lift 90 tons.

Superhuman Speed: Despite his great size, Warpath is capable of running and moving at speeds much greater than even the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Stamina: Warpath's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human being. As a result, he can exert himself physically at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair him.

Superhuman Durability: Warpath's body is much harder and more resistant to injury than the body of an ordinary human. He is capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, falls from great heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.

Flight: Warpath is able to propel himself through the air without any aid. The exact limit of his flight speed is unknown, but it is considerably less than the Speed of Sound

Abilities

Warpath is a formidable combatant, both armed and unarmed. He is also an expert tracker and hunter, even without the aid of his superhuman senses.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By warlock360

damn!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Warlock360 says:

"solid enough for me man^^"

You act like I wasn't the one that first brought that feat up. I know it looks good, but how much strength does that actually equate to? Also, it's not common for him to use his strength at that level so right now, that's just a one time thing that's going end up getting played out if that's the only recent example of his strength. I'm not saying it's wrong (if I thought it was wrong I wouldn't have cited it in the first place) but I want more than just that, that's why I'm looking for current sources that support the strength I think he has.

BlackPanther says:

"Yeh BP loses but I’m wondering what will the effect of his antimetal claws have on the blade? And wouldn’t the effects of the blades be nullified if they come into contact with the vibranium suite which is resonating at the same frequency as the blades? Honestly what makes you guys so certain that the suit will be cut by the blades?Please answer, because if you ask me, they should cancel each other out otherwise the suit should be able to intern make the blades blunt while they repeatedly cut."

Vibranium is a metal. Antimetal destroys metal. I think the claws would mess up the blades, but only if BP actually gets his hands on them like I mentioned in my other post. As for the blades and the suit, the blades should still cut him if angled right (also mentioned in my other post). Aside from that though, Warpath doesn't really need to cut him to win.

Static Shock says:

"I pulled this from Marvel Database.http://en.marveldatabase.com/Warpath#Powers_and_Abilities..."

It says Warpath can fly. Warpath lost his ability to fly a while back. Looking for current sources. If that's wrong about if he can fly, it could be wrong about his strength level if it changed over the years. I'm not saying it is, but I want to be sure it isn't.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By warlock360

Buckshot says:

"Warlock360 says:
"solid enough for me man^^"

You act like I wasn't the one that first brought that feat up. I know it looks good, but how much strength does that actually equate to? Also, it's not common for him to use his strength at that level so right now, that's just a one time thing that's going end up getting played out if that's the only recent example of his strength. I'm not saying it's wrong (if I thought it was wrong I wouldn't have cited it in the first place) but I want more than just that, that's why I'm looking for current sources that support the strength I think he has.

"

Well to me it looks like thats just enough to rip off your limbs pierce your chest to rip your heart out and slap him silly with his own arms.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

This fight isn't the only reason I want know. If he's fighting someone else who actually has a decent amount of feats and info that put them on a 90 ton level, one sentinel smack won't be enough for Warpath.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By warlock360

Buckshot says:

"This fight isn't the only reason I want know. If he's fighting someone else who actually has a decent amount of feats and info that put them on a 90 ton level, one sentinel smack won't be enough for Warpath."

then rethink the decision about Iron man and him too!

http://www.comicvine.com/message/warpath-vs-ironman/561576/&c=12&12

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock

I do remember Warpath briefly holding his own against Hulk in the WWH event, before getting owned by him. But, I no longer have the comics to post scans for it. I think I remember Warpath making Hulk bleed a little. But, even that isn't enough.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

^_^

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By POHOCOM

Static Shock says:

"I pulled this from Marvel Database.http://en.marveldatabase.com/Warpath#Powers_and_Abilities**Powers**Warpath is a Alpha-Level mutant.Superhumanly Acute Senses: Warpath's senses of sight and hearing are enhanced to levels beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human. He is able to see, with perfect clarity, at much greater distances than an ordinary human. He retains this same level of clarity, even in near-total darkness. His hearing is similarly heightened, enabling him to both hear sounds that ordinary human's can't and sounds that they can detect but at much greater distances.Superhuman Strength: Warpath possesses great superhuman strength enabling him to lift 75 tons. He has the potential of one day being able to lift 90 tons.Superhuman Speed: Despite his great size, Warpath is capable of running and moving at speeds much greater than even the finest human athlete.Superhuman Stamina: Warpath's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human being. As a result, he can exert himself physically at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair him.Superhuman Durability: Warpath's body is much harder and more resistant to injury than the body of an ordinary human. He is capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, falls from great heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.Flight: Warpath is able to propel himself through the air without any aid. The exact limit of his flight speed is unknown, but it is considerably less than the Speed of Sound**Abilities**Warpath is a formidable combatant, both armed and unarmed. He is also an expert tracker and hunter, even without the aid of his superhuman senses."

Thank God for Static. He gets the data & brings it!

Metal Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Metal Wolf

BlackPanther says:

"Yeh BP loses but I’m wondering what will the effect of his antimetal claws have on the blade? And wouldn’t the effects of the blades be nullified if they come into contact with the vibranium suite which is resonating at the same frequency as the blades? Honestly what makes you guys so certain that the suit will be cut by the blades?Please answer, because if you ask me, they should cancel each other out otherwise the suit should be able to intern make the blades blunt while they repeatedly cut.
Post Edited:2008-02-15 12:14:14"

the suit can be cut. it says on Black Panthers page, "Blades can cut the fabric but only if they cut along the grain."

but i don't think the two vibranium objects coming into contact would nullify each other. i don't think anyone brought up that Captain America's shield wouldn't have an effect by hitting BP then (but that's Antarctic vibranium). at the very least, there would be a buzzing sound every time Warpath slashed at BP.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

POHOCOM says:

"Thank God for Static. He gets the data & brings it!"

It's incorrect.

I usually don't go by only handbooks, but I got too many different things from other sites so I decided to look at what Marvel printed in it's most recent handbook thing.

It says he can't fly and also his strength is ranked at 4 (800lbs to 25 tons). I think they're right about the flight and that the strength is too low, but there are too many different power descriptions floating around for me to know which one is right.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

If this Handbook page is correct, then I don't think that he would actually be powerful enough to slam that Sentinel like he did, realistically. Also, it would give T'Challa a chance at winning.