• 84 results
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By nickthedevil

I'm reserved to the opinion that Deathstroke stops him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52 god_spawn  Moderator

@super_soldierxii: Hey, I didn't touch on his little stint against the Hand, Order of the White Lotus, and Hydra in Enemy of the State or his fights in different types of gases and pressure point strikes being used on him or ones he has used. Manifest Destiny and X-Force: Aint no Dog might be a good ones to reference here, too. So go HAM on those :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@god_spawn: Remember that time Wolverine disappeared from Flash? It was Jay Garrick, but still impressive. Look, here's the scan.

batstealthflash2.jpg

batstealthflash3.jpg

Wait a minute....that's Batman, not Wolverine. Silly me. Well, there was that time that Wolverine held up a giant golden sarcophagus with one arm while supporting another on his shoulders? Wait, that was Batman too? Huh, I though that that was Wolverine. Well, what about when Wolverine snapped a shark's spine underwater? You guessed it; that was Batman too. Wolverine was able to lasso a charging Cape Buffalo and drag it to a halt. I'm getting tired of saying that was Batman.

If those bullet dodge feats don't help you, here are some more.

batconfidential15-batwrathgun2.jpg

blackwhite2-batbulletblock.jpg

batbulletime3.jpg

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan can beat most everyone here without too much trouble.Almost no one has the stats to really hang in this ballpark.Logan assuming he is fighting at his best is also at the very least on par with everyone here.

The only people I'd give the majority to are Slade and Cap

Slade I would give a win over Logan on a normal day and Cap with a healing factor is just down right scary.I would not want to be on the receiving end of that

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@thebourneposter: You're still embarrassing yourself. SS was right, you do need to educate yourself more on Wolverine and maybe post an opinion that isn't so biased. When you pick up some Wolverine issues and can learn to not downplay a character then we can have a legitimate debate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: That's a classic response when you're cornered. Maybe we can have a legitimate debate when you can craft an argument instead of telling me I'm biased.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 god_spawn  Moderator

@thebourneposter: I'm not really cornered at all. I've just found it apparent any feat anyone posts to argue above Batman or a Batman related character is just going to get downplayed by you and refuted with just another bullet dodging feat. You seem fine and dandy ignoring consistency when it involves a character other than Batman like how you consistently post nerve strikes etc working on Wolverine from a biased writer when I've mentioned consistently they have failed like with Shingen and Echo, who learned them from DD to begin with, and that Elektra's instance was a special case cause she stabbed long pointy sais into his back and neck and as soon as she was thrown off he was up perfectly fine. I can name a bunch of fights where Logan was stabbed or slashed through the throat and heals up real quick and gets back to work with a minor set back from the initial blow instead of just falling on the floor in spasms. Yet I post Bruce failing to deadlift 630 pounds and injuring his shoulder and you jump right against it and tell me I'm embarrassing myself. By your logic, if it was printed so it counts, right? So by your logic Hulk being defeated by a python is legit, correct? Or Deathstroke shooting Kid Flash in the knee caps means Bart shouldn't be able to blitz him, right? I don't believe Bruce should have ANY trouble being able to rep out 630 pounds on a deadlift if you believe he is repping 1000 pounds on the bench. 1000 pound bench is no easy feat in lifting even for powerlifters. But a 630 in deadlift is no easy feat among average people, but is fairly common in weight lifting.

TL;DR, after "debating" with you in a few topics, I do think you are biased. I'm not gonna throw insults at you about it, but I'm not gonna waste my time, nor do I think anyone else should, when all you've really done is just downplay feats, ignore context and consistency, and post erroneous scans backed up with a statement that doesn't make it superior to a feat posted. Until you can fix those issues, I won't waste my time and I won't waste yours to do whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I'm sorry you feel that way. To be fair, if they haven't worked in the past, then the nerve strike is PIS, or Wolverine jobbing. It is hypocritical of me to repeatedly use one low showing but disregard Bruce's low showing. Maybe we can have a real debate some other time. :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 god_spawn  Moderator

@thebourneposter: And that is what I was trying to get across on what I meant about consistency and context of things. I wasn't trying to downplay Bruce at all or overglorify Wolverine. I've debated for and against both characters plenty a time on the Vine. And you're right, maybe we could have a real debate one day. You got the scans and knowledge of the character so I think if we found a common ground on the matter we could have a great one.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@sherlock said:

Logan can beat most everyone here without too much trouble.Almost no one has the stats to really hang in this ballpark.Logan assuming he is fighting at his best is also at the very least on par with everyone here.

Slade I would give a win over Logan on a normal day and Cap with a healing factor is just down right scary.I would not want to be on the receiving end of that

Cap with a healing factor on par with Logan's is scary as hell. Agreed. Still think a Wolverine going all out would take him due to the skeleton able to absorb blunt force, and the stark difference in damage output. I also think Wolverine has better martial showings than Steve. He's already gotten the upper-hand twice on Cap while pulling punches so as not to kill. And a mind wiped Wolverine not holding back had Cap dead to rights.

But yeah, the healing factor makes it very close.

Slade, on a normal day, does not take a majority over Logan in a random IMHO. That, I'm confident debating against. With a healing factor more on par with Wolverine, I'm somewhat less confident, but still think the adamantium makes the difference in keeping limbs intact where Slade's can be severed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@laflux said:

@god_spawn:

Its good you made up :D. I was considering calling @vance_astro to calm things down :P

::hard stare:: Yea, that is good...

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine clears but deathstroke and batman gives him the most trouble.

but he still wins he is more skilled and he fights people like sabertooth and deadpool who have great regeneration powers and sabertooth is much stronger than him and regenerates and is a highly skilled opponent and wolverine beats him so there is no reason he would lose here.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@god_spawn:

Its good you made up :D. I was considering calling @vance_astro to calm things down :P

Lol. You're such an instigator aren't you. You, you ... you little pot mixer you!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997: How? Hell, several of these people would beat Wolverine without a healing factor.

They can't even take the majority.Wolverine will still be way faster than them and will have adamantium skeleton which is a big plus for him in this battle.ANd also Wolverine is way more skilled than some of these guys here.ANd what was your point?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By laflux

@super_soldierxii: If you knew the abuse Spawn has been giving me over the past few days, then you'll understand why

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Captain America have gave Wolverine a fight (it ends up in stalemate due to Ant-Man). Wolverine wasn't fully bloodlusted at that time, but in this fight, he was given a healing factor so it's safe to say that Captain America have decent chance of beating Wolverine here.

But I would say that Daredevil is the minimum to beat Wolverine, I think he have the capability to incapacitate Wolverine via nerve strike, not to mention he have healing factor here, which improve his chance significantly.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Captain America have gave Wolverine a fight (it ends up in stalemate due to Ant-Man). Wolverine wasn't fully bloodlusted at that time, but in this fight, he was given a healing factor so it's safe to say that Captain America have decent chance of beating Wolverine here.

But I would say that Daredevil is the minimum to beat Wolverine, I think he have the capability to incapacitate Wolverine via nerve strike, not to mention he have healing factor here, which improve his chance significantly.

It wasn't a stalemate when justly analyzed. Wolverine would have had Steve had he been gunning to maim or kill. Precision cut on the strap of his shield? That's Steve losing an arm right there were Logan going all out, and consequently the most obvious example of Wolverine holding back. Little cosmetic scratches across his abdomen with twelve inch claws that cleave steel like a hot knife through butter? Gimme a break. That's Steve getting disemboweled by a serious minded Logan. It's a well known fact Wolverine pulls his punches when fighting other heroes (especially Captain America who he's flat out stated he admires on a few occasions). Even so, Sharon wondered whether Cap needed a medic after the fight. Wolverine was smashed from behind by Giant Man, then thrown out of a plane after their exchange and was still just dandy.

Again, damage output is the difference in a fight between Steve and Logan ... assuming Steve shares in Logan's healing factor otherwise we can add insane durability to the mix. (Steve has a healing factor of his own already, only not nearly as powerful as Wolverine's). Wolverine's punches kill. Steve's using blunt force to put Logan down so the metal skeleton is another huge advantage.

Additionally, there are many showings where Wolverine's resisted a nerve strike, and a few where Wolverine's used them to win. He beat Rock of the Buddha with one, he beat Kid Gladiator with one and he took out Cap with one (giving him an aneurism). With all antagonists sporting accelerated healing factors, nerve strikes are probably not the way to go.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@laflux said:

@super_soldierxii: If you knew the abuse Spawn has been giving me over the past few days, then you'll understand why

Oh I know it's probably a tit for tat no doubt. I just like giving you a hard time ;P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By laflux

@laflux: I love lamp

I'm confused. Is this another on of Spawn's twisted games?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@laflux: You have not seen Anchor Man!? You bring disgrace to our famirees!

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mattersuit
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HigorM  Moderator

@lunacyde: First of all, great topic, as always, I have to say that you´re a true inspiration around here.

Now as for the gauntlet, I honestly believe he stops at Bucky Barnes.

Bucky already manage to put Wolverine down so he knows how to deal with him.

With the Cap. America gear he already possess a strong defense with the Shield, now you add a healing factor to make things even better for him. The pistol is strong enough to knock him down so he can shoot him from distance, throw the shield and he still got the bionic arm, so I say Logan can´t go beyond him..

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock said:

Cap with a healing factor on par with Logan's is scary as hell. Agreed. Still think a Wolverine going all out would take him due to the skeleton able to absorb blunt force, and the stark difference in damage output. I also think Wolverine has better martial showings than Steve. He's already gotten the upper-hand twice on Cap while pulling punches so as not to kill. And a mind wiped Wolverine not holding back had Cap dead to rights.

Slade, on a normal day, does not take a majority over Logan in a random IMHO. That, I'm confident debating against. With a healing factor more on par with Wolverine, I'm somewhat less confident, but still think the adamantium makes the difference in keeping limbs intact where Slade's can be severed.

I disagree. The skeleton while being useful is going to be hard put to it to stand up to strikes from Steves shield. Not to mention Logan has been put down by a lot less before.

In a normal fight Logan beats Cap every time. This isnt really normal though

Im also confident to debate for Slade on that one. Likely after class though.... and prolly in the proper topic

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock said:

@super_soldierxii said:

@sherlock said:

I disagree. The skeleton while being useful is going to be hard put to it to stand up to strikes from Steves shield. Not to mention Logan has been put down by a lot less before.

In a normal fight Logan beats Cap every time. This isnt really normal though

Im also confident to debate for Slade on that one. Likely after class though.... and prolly in the proper topic

An easy argument to turn against you too. Cap will be far, far more hard pressed to stand up to Logan's claws than Logan will to Steve's shield strikes. Not to mention, Steve has been put down by a lot less before - see how easy that blanket logic can be? Even with Steve sporting a brand new healing factor ... Wolverine dropped Creed plenty in just the past few years with a punch through the head claws out. So yeah, a healing factor won't save Cap from a punch to the face with twelve inch claws. He'll go down. The inverse is not true. Wolverine's healing factor and his adamantium will see him soaking far more blunt force shots from Steve than Steve will claw strikes.

The only thing the healing factor means here, is Wolverine no longer has to pull said punches.

You stating Logan's has been put down by a lot less is a huge exaggeration when looked at with consistency. It would be significantly more fair to state that Wolverine has stood up to far more than Steve's shield strikes before (including said shield strikes!).

For every low end feat you can post, I can likewise cherry pick three to contradict.

As for Slade, this is the proper topic. He's the last on the list, and whether Wolverine can be shown to defeat Slade - healing factor notwithstanding - is very relevant to the debate at hand.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: Logan's been Kicked from the U.S to Georgia (the Country) by Gorgon (not Tomi, though I wish it was him :P), and survived several punches from WWH without being K.O'ed.

Yes, these are high end showings, but I think it goes to discrepancy in Logan going down to a shield strike :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattersuit: Heh, it's funny, because all those feats are still canon. Despite the nonsensical five years, pretty much everything but Justice League is still canon, at least for Batman. People on this site don't seem to get that.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine clears it. He still has a very big advantage with his adamantium skeleton. Deathstroke gives him the most challenge. If Logan didn't have his ada-skeleton he'd most likely stop at 6.

You know I didn't stop to think about the Skeleton, silly me. I think this is the right call.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Mattersuit

@mattersuit: Heh, it's funny, because all those feats are still canon. Despite the nonsensical five years, pretty much everything but Justice League is still canon, at least for Batman. People on this site don't seem to get that.

Heh, it's funny because the UNIVERSE GOT REBOOTED. These are different characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattersuit: It's hilarious how wrong you are. The universe was rebooted. All robins are accounted for, Barbara has spent time as Oracle, pretty much all of Grant Morrisons run is still canon. Batman, like Green Lantern, is the same character with some slight changes to his history.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattersuit: It's hilarious how wrong you are. The universe was rebooted. All robins are accounted for, Barbara has spent time as Oracle, pretty much all of Grant Morrisons run is still canon. Batman, like Green Lantern, is the same character with some slight changes to his history.

Exactly. His history has been changed. He's a different character!
The point is, more recently than the pictures you have posted; IN THIS CURRENT UNIVERSE, Batman nearly fcked up his arms by trying to lift 650 pounds. As that is a Post-Flashpoint feat, it is more relevant than the Pre-Flashpoint (OLD UNIVERSE) feats you posted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattersuit: That is from Venom, which is also pre-flashpoint...

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Wolverine possible cleared this, only real challenge is DS