War of the Century!

• 51 results
Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alright who wins in this Galactic Scale War!

You have to find one, bang one, and leave one!

Factions are down below.

Reapers; Mass Effect.

Flood Prime; Halo.

Forerunners; Height of Power.

Zerg Swarm; Height of power.

Protoss Empire; Height of Power.

Eldar Empire; Height of Power.

Necrons; War in Heaven tech, but at height of numbers.

Brotherhood of Nod; Height of Power.

Scrin; Height of Power.

Galactic Empire; Height of Power.

Federation; Height of Power.

Borg; Height of Power.

Rules!

1. No c'tan for Necrons and no gods for the eldar.
  2. All powers work.
  3. No prep.
  4. No prior knowledge; even if they had faced them before knowledge will be wiped.
  5. Win by victory over the others.
  6. Other teams can do whatever they need to do to win.
  7. No morals.
  8. No In fighting.
  9. Alliances can be formed, but everyone knows in the end the alliances will be forced to come to an end.
  10. All lore is allowed, besides fan faction and cross overs.

Map; Fighting area is the galaxy, starting distance between each faction is 10 light years away and everyone is given a slice of the galaxy. Everyone knows where everyone is at, but they again have no prior knowledge of them. They only have the prior knowledge of their capital world.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY and Z

Btw Idk who would win money is either on Eldar or Necrons.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY and Z

Btw Idk who would win money is either on Eldar or Necrons.

Lol!

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

necrons. arent they almost indestructible?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eisenfauste

@uft: Their ships have shown something like that but that's only against high yield nuclear warheads. Their warriors can be destroyed but they are usually rebuilt

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forerunners

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is between the Necrons and the Flood... Would have been Necrons and Forerunners, but the Forerunners got beat by the Flood, and the other races are a heck of a lot of food for the Flood.

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aftershafter: Ends up in Necron vs Flood. Unless the Forerunners just say screw it all.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umbranox said:

@aftershafter: Ends up in Necron vs Flood. Unless the Forerunners just say screw it all.

Agreed. Though, I would kind of hope that one of the other technologically advanced races kicking around would have the technological foresight to prevent the Forerunners from strapping a universe busting bomb to themselves and hitting the button...

Also, would a Halo ring actually hurt the Necrons or Reapers? Borg yes, due to biological components, but the other two might be unaffected... And then the Necrons would eat the Reapers for breakfast.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhySoBiased

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Diadact cured or had the cure for the flood or something like that

Im not sure if its true so imam say flood all the way

they op XD

No Caption Provided

umbranox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zerg.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: In no way are the zerg winning this. Do you know even half the factions good sir?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: No way are your zerg winning, they get crushed by my reapers as my faction wins.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: @killerwasp: yes and i still say Zerg would become unstoppable eventually.So far Starcraft is the most underrated on CV.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one beats Kane, his Baldness is unstoppable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: most underrated? LOL, and no nothing the zerg has done as shown it can even hang with these people. You act like they got a ton of time when they don't. They really don't these empires can travel light years way faster than you can possibly imagine. Forerunners alone can scan planets of all life within seconds within at least a light year away. SC isn't underrated nor is it really overrated. Its a small game within a small location, with okay durability overall. The zerg are a spam race, 3 of these races have dealt with that spam race, and 2 of the 3 won without much problems. But ill tell you what, tell me the biggest feat the zerg has done and ill tell u the flood's biggest one and we can see who wins.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@killerwasp: @ghostrider2: Yea Zerg are awesome but they have nothing on the Flood at their height.

Zerg against current Flood, the Zerg should win but against Prime Flood, Zerg get stomped.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Calling Starcraft a Small Game is like calling Hulk a C-lister. It is easily the second most popular game on the list here and dwarfs all but maybe Halo. South Korea basically runs on Starcraft. A Starcraft player qualified for a Sports Visa to enter the United States. It is a bit disingenuous to call it SMALL as it is kind of a BIG deal.

Koprulu is on the outskirts of the Starcraft Galaxy, Zerus Prime is near the core of the galaxy. Kerrigan traversed the distance in less than a day. She can keep up speed wise.

The Flood's biggest feat is of no value here because it relies upon things that only exist within the Halo universe. Star Roads do not exist in any other universe and as the Flood cannot build them, they cannot use them. Taking down the Forerunners isn't impressive when their Religious Doctrine kept them from fighting effectively. The Flood would have been stomped by the Forerunners had they not been held back by the Mantle.

Flood Prime also do not win against the Zerg, Kerrigan has no problem employing Psionic Technology which will render the Flood incapable of coordinating their forces.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: Second most popular game? Which is the most popular?

Probably Necrons win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: Agreed, current flood is having problems although its a jobbing aura around them, but they are still having problems.

@dedmanwalkin

Calling Starcraft a Small Game is like calling Hulk a C-lister. It is easily the second most popular game on the list here and dwarfs all but maybe Halo. South Korea basically runs on Starcraft. A Starcraft player qualified for a Sports Visa to enter the United States. It is a bit disingenuous to call it SMALL as it is kind of a BIG deal.

^ Dude did you really just confuse something i said and do this? No small game as in it lacks the TERMS OF RAW POWER like the others do ( well the zerg anyway ), and its in a SMALL lcoation as well. It has nothing to do how famous it is, and ik how famous it is as well its always been known to be a SPORT in South Korea.

Koprulu is on the outskirts of the Starcraft Galaxy, Zerus Prime is near the core of the galaxy. Kerrigan traversed the distance in less than a day. She can keep up speed wise.

^Based on what? Proof of how that worked out, proof of where they are located?

The Flood's biggest feat is of no value here because it relies upon things that only exist within the Halo universe. Star Roads do not exist in any other universe and as the Flood cannot build them, they cannot use them. Taking down the Forerunners isn't impressive when their Religious Doctrine kept them from fighting effectively. The Flood would have been stomped by the Forerunners had they not been held back by the Mantle.

^ No, their biggest feat does have value because its at the HEIGHT OF THEIR POWER, stop with this non sense man i swear you do it every time, also flood was winning against the forerunners/stalemating them. They were put on hold but the Gravemind had bigger plans and they were racing the forerunners to the arc, also guess what the op allowed everything to exist so again the makes ur point double moot.

Flood Prime also do not win against the Zerg, Kerrigan has no problem employing Psionic Technology which will render the Flood incapable of coordinating their forces.

^ We've debated this before, flood prime wins and i will not argue again about this. We've pointed it out so many times it's not even funny.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Savageslayer

Im starcraft fanboy but none of them are coming close to beating Necrons or eldar. BTW Flood would get stomped by most of other guys here.

@killerwasp the center of galaxy to korpulu sector in a day i dont think is true. Pretty sure it took a week. But the Leviathan somehow had some sort of warp it could use

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Calling Starcraft a Small Game is like calling Hulk a C-lister. It is easily the second most popular game on the list here and dwarfs all but maybe Halo. South Korea basically runs on Starcraft. A Starcraft player qualified for a Sports Visa to enter the United States. It is a bit disingenuous to call it SMALL as it is kind of a BIG deal.

Aren't you the guy who just sort of stopped posting in the Zerg VS Reaper thread where I presented an argument that the Zerg had no weapons that displayed the power to break through Reaper shields, and therefore Reaper capital ships would essentially be an impervious weapon that trumps anything the Zerg have in their entire arsenal?

Before you declare Zerg triumphant, maybe you should at least show that they can beat the bloody reapers, who are B-listers at best in this conflict. Zerg get *stomped* and you really need to read some Halo novels before you talk on this subject.

Returning to that issue... What do the Zerg have that hits harder than 38 kilotons, and what weapons do they have that move at speeds that are approaching the speed of light? This is what has been shown as required to even hurt a Reaper capital ship, and you dodged the question last time - so now, I'd like an answer. Please provide one, or really, you're just coming off as a Starcraft fan who is having trouble coming to terms that his team can't even beat a faction that no-one has even considered as a viable competitor for the win .

Anyone who could answer this question would be appreciated. I'm honestly curious, and Dedman just danced around it and gave misleading answers when we last discussed it.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/aftershafter/forums/?page=18

Concerning Zerg VS Reapers:

"In most ways, I actually think the Zerg appear better, but there is one possible trump card that I do wonder about... When the Reapers capital ships appear in Mass Effect, they are massive, far more maneuverable than a ship a fifth their size should be able to be, have weapons that destroy dreadnoughts in a single shot, emit a subtle mind control field over the battlefield, but none of this is what causes the *real* problem for the attacking fleet. Nope, that's their shields - which prove totally impervious to weapons that hit harder as the bomb that wiped out Hiroshima. Now the Zerg are swarmers. They don't have nukes like the Terrans do, or a Yamato cannon, or anything like that, that I have seen... The question this whole thing hinges on is, do they have *anything* that can breach those shields? They can wipe out the Reaper land units, they can decimate smaller Reaper aircraft, but if they then have thousands of impervious Reaper capital ships to deal with, the fight is over. Reaper ship Mass Effect cores are large enough to last them millions of years - if they can't be hurt, they will, effectively, never run out of power, never need resources, so attrition will be pointless.

Now, Reaper capital ship shields don't seem to work like unit shields do in Mass Effect, or as the Protoss shields do in StarCraft insofar as is there zero evidence that you can tear them down slowly. Nope, there is no "after steady fire we've breached their shields!" - it's "our weapon has done nothing" or "it breached their shields." The Thanix cannons pierce Reaper shields and therefore hurt the reapers. The previous Dreadnought class weapons, which hit over the 38 kiloton range, never show any signs of so much as affecting the Reaper shields.

So, that's what it comes down to. Do the Zerg have anything that hits harder than the 40'ish Kiloton range? Do they have weapons that move at a fraction of the speed of light that might get through the Reaper capital shields? I see a lot of people saying "Zerg" who don't deal with this in the slightest and, while I agree with their points for what they focus on, they ignore the elephant in the room - the Reaper shields the Zerg may be totally unable to deal with."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer: Thats what thought or little over a week at least.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: @killerwasp: yes and i still say Zerg would become unstoppable eventually.So far Starcraft is the most underrated on CV.

@ghostrider2: most underrated? LOL, and no nothing the zerg has done as shown it can even hang with these people. You act like they got a ton of time when they don't. They really don't these empires can travel light years way faster than you can possibly imagine. Forerunners alone can scan planets of all life within seconds within at least a light year away. SC isn't underrated nor is it really overrated. Its a small game within a small location, with okay durability overall. The zerg are a spam race, 3 of these races have dealt with that spam race, and 2 of the 3 won without much problems. But ill tell you what, tell me the biggest feat the zerg has done and ill tell u the flood's biggest one and we can see who wins.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By aftershafter

@savageslayer said:

@merulezall@killerwasp can we all agree WH40k is gonna win, whether eldar or necron they are taking it.

I don't know... The Halo universe is freaky powerful, despite how sad it seems during the games. I think necrons win it over all, but I'd take the Flood over the Eldar, and the Forerunners would give the Eldar a good run for their money.

WH40k is one step shy of the DBZ of sci-fi, but not even Goku could beat the Flash... Attoseconds man, attoseconds. Sometimes even the stupidly-overpowered verse can lose a round.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aftershafter God emperor could beat flash

No Caption Provided

I feel that face is appropriate for everything related to the Flash. I truly hate that character.

And, you should create a thread about that. I feel it would give me one more reason to despise the decades of nincompoop writers who have made the character the steaming pile of attoseconds that it has become.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer: Actually it is, when u can cross the galaxy within a second it helps. If u take 600 years to reach that planet in comparison, your gonna get owned. However, you are right speed aint everything, but for this match the people with the best speed are gonna win cause they do the most damage, aka necrons, eldar, etc.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp lol i know for this it is, i was talking about a lot of flash vs whoever vines where people just say he speedblitzes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer: Oh yeah this isnt about blitz honestly, if ur target moves faster than the rest of ur fleet technically u can never catch them and they can work on ways to over come this while u struggle to out do them in travel speed and so on lol, space is huge u know! XD

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

So... many... spoilers...

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@savageslayer said:

@merulezall@killerwasp can we all agree WH40k is gonna win, whether eldar or necron they are taking it.

I don't know... The Halo universe is freaky powerful, despite how sad it seems during the games. I think necrons win it over all, but I'd take the Flood over the Eldar, and the Forerunners would give the Eldar a good run for their money.

WH40k is one step shy of the DBZ of sci-fi, but not even Goku could beat the Flash... Attoseconds man, attoseconds. Sometimes even the stupidly-overpowered verse can lose a round.

40k is up there, so they can win.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

XTrojanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By XTrojanX

Interesting topic, so bumping this.

My vote goes to Precursor flood vs Necrons in the end. Not sure how this would end without the galaxy being destroyed.

Forerunners can go lolmode with their retarded weapons as well.

If reality bending weapons are allowed then either flood or forerunners wins.

bachh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone except nec turn into Flood 's food. Then Necron eradicate them

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers