War Machine Vs Stryfe

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Are telekinesis and telepathy too much for high tech armour?

Battle parameters: Start 100ft apart, War Machine flying. War Machine knows that Stryfe has tk & telepathy but doesn't have a bad plot device anti-psionic gadget or anything like that, just his standard ass kicking armour. Stryfe can see it's an Iron Man rip-off but that's about all, as far as I know these two have never met in the Marvel U. So who would win?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Roman

Doesn't the armour have tp shielding?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@The_Roman: I'll check....we'll use this armour "Stanetech Based War Machine Armor"

• First Appearance:Avengers: The Initiative #1 (March 2007)

Used during Avengers: The Initiative to volume two of War Machine, this version of the War Machine armor shows all the abilities of the previous iterations with bleeding edge military ballistics and weaponry. Unlike previous War Machine armors, the armor incorporated advanced components derived from Obadiah Stane's reverse engineering of older Iron Man armor that made him immune to any Starktech based systems attack. Rhodes' bionics required an added life support system with cybernetic implants linked to the armor's systems. The armor is composed of alloys such as titanium and Wakandan vibranium, coated for stealth capabilities, and capable of space and underwater travel. Armaments included sonic generators, pulse bolts, a minigun, and a retractable unibeam projector. The armor can interface with any system and has interlocking capabilities that integrated mechanical constructs to repair and upgrade the armor. During the second War Machine series, Rhodes used this ability to merge with jet fighters and tanks deliberately to gain their technology and weapons"

So no, it's not TK shielded

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Roman

@batkevin74: Oh, see, because I wasn't sure, I think Iron Man's is, so I assumed he'd do the same to the War Machine armour.

Stryfe should take this easy.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@The_Roman: Seems tk & tp are the hardest powers to counter imo

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Roman

@batkevin74: Looks that way.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@The_Roman: Bugger

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Casual bump

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NazarethSavage

How is this fair for War Machine? Isn't Strife a clone of Cable or something like that and isn't Cable with powers and extremely high-tier telepath?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@NazarethSavage: Well that's what I'm asking. Is high tech armour a match for tk & telepathy? Asides from PIS anti tk & tp devices invented, can War Machine battle Stryfe or is the invisible nature of both telepathy and telekinesis too much for his beyond state of the art armour?

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NazarethSavage
@batkevin74 said:

@NazarethSavage: Well that's what I'm asking. Is high tech armour a match for tk & telepathy? Asides from PIS anti tk & tp devices invented, can War Machine battle Stryfe or is the invisible nature of both telepathy and telekinesis too much for his beyond state of the art armour?

It may be a match for TP but i'm not sure about TK. I think Stryfe could probably rip that armor right off of him.
SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By SoA

stryfe is one of the most powerful tk users around , i like rhodey as much as the next comic geek but stryfe wins this

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@SoA: So (in your opinion) it's the telekinesis that is Stryfe's better weapon. Telepathy can be countered by say an electonic signal (for example) but the invisible smashing by a tk 'fist' will beat him coz he can't see it? Is that about right?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SoA

@batkevin74: stryfe was able to smack around apocalypse (when he was seen as a big threat) with his tk , there is tp shields but ive never heard of any defense against tk , unless war machine can produce some kind of dampener field , stryfe will crush war machine like a tin can

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@SoA: Ouch. Thanks

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LordOfAllHumans  Online

If WarMachine has powerful enough psi shields he has a chance. It was shown that Stryfe relies on his tp so much that if you can completely block him you're basically invisible to him. Psylocke did this to him but we must remember that she still possessed her knowledge and skill of how telepathy worked even though she was a tk at the time.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By zackattack529

Warmachine.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batkevin74

@LordOfAllHumans: Interesting, thanks

@zackattack529: I think so far, you're the only one on Rhodey's side :)