#1 Posted by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules:

-This is War Machine (original suit) vs. Ms. Marvel (regular)

-Morals on.

-No prep.

-S.H.I.E.L.D. personal are present, but will not aid either side.

-This is a completely accessible environment. Jets, engines, fuel, etc. can all be used to each contender's advantage.

-Each are willing to damage the helicarrier, but they won't destroy it on any circumstances.

-Each contender is on opposite ends.

-Each contender's comm has been highjacked by an unknown adversary, imitating the voice of Nick Fury. They've been ordered to apprehend the other.

War Machine

vs

Ms. Marvel

#2 Posted by SheenLantern (6471 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine

#3 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

What are War Machine's feats?

#4 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: No upgrades?

I suspect a stomp.

#5 Posted by dondave (36571 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Marvel

#6 Edited by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: Bump!

Seriously? Why do you say this?

I just so happened to have stumbled upon this recently as well:

I found this online panel online. Iron Man intervenes, but I think this is proof that War Machine can at least harm her.

#7 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: But to compare durability feats he is lacking or out matched in that regard. She having slugged it out with Wonderman & tanked a nuke point blank.

#8 Edited by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Marvel should be able to handle the original suit of WM here...

#9 Posted by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: War Machine has also survived a nuke point blank. My scanner is being a pain but I'll get on it.

#10 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: Tanked>>>>>survived.◔_◔

And that is why he got an upgrade.

#11 Posted by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: ... you said "taked" before. I wasn't sure if you meant "tanked" or "took". Anyways, I wouldn't say durability is the deciding factor here. While Ms. Marvel may have the better durability, War Machine is close to that level.

#12 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: Yes those typos... message killers ¬_¬

Anywho her ability to manipulate energy means she can redirect his attack or uses it to amp her strength. Used the energy form the nuke to KO Sentry.

#13 Edited by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: You mean the explosion or the radiation? Either way, War Machine would undoubtedly know her ability to manipulate energy. He'd probably just stick to his arsenal of guns or just hit her like he did in the scan.

#14 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: Radiation but Ms. Marvel has worked with many other energy types as well. Not sure machine guns will cut it.

#15 Posted by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: I don't think Ms. Marvel has ever absorbed kinetic energy from bullets. She is bullet-proof however. But I'm sure War Machine could use them to his advantage. Like shooting her face and blinding her for example.

I'm not saying that Carol doesn't win. She could. But I think this could go either way.

#16 Posted by Veitha (3069 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts said:

@mr_ingenuity: I don't think Ms. Marvel has ever absorbed kinetic energy from bullets. She is bullet-proof however. But I'm sure War Machine could use them to his advantage. Like shooting her face and blinding her for example.

I'm not saying that Carol doesn't win. She could. But I think this could go either way.

I don't think that blinding her could work, since she's fought against people with energy manipulation and light projection before(as Moonstone).

I think that Carol can win this. Has WM ever absorbed great amounts of energy?

#17 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel energy manipulation can just suck out the power from his suit

#18 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: Still suspect a stomp but anyone is free to debate this. ಠ_ರೃ

#19 Edited by Fetts (4449 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris: It doesn't work like that. The energy has to be in direct contact in order for her to absorb it. So if it was an energy projectile or explosion that hit her, she could absorb it and use it to power up her own energy projectiles.

@veitha Well, he absorbed the Ultron virus in his cyborg state. I'm not sure if that'd count as energy.

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (13042 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol

#21 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

ms marvel, she is just too much, good battle though

#22 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts said:

@batnorris: It doesn't work like that. The energy has to be in direct contact in order for her to absorb it. So if it was an energy projectile or explosion that hit her, she could absorb it and use it to power up her own energy projectiles.

@veitha Well, he absorbed the Ultron virus in his cyborg state. I'm not sure if that'd count as energy.

I don't think that's true. I'll have to dig up the scans, but I know of at least two occasions where she has actually pulled energy from something. Possibly three, because I think during Skrull Invasion she sucked some electrical power from the power grid, but I definitely need to double check that one.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#23 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7883 posts) - - Show Bio

cud go either way