#1 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenario: Booster Gold thinks he gets underrated a lot and wants more fame. So he devises a plan to defeat Superman and people will see how good he actually is. So he scores with Lois Lane and makes Superman pissed. So pissed that he takes Booster by the hair, flies into space, and throws him into a black hole.  

"%&#@ YOU SUPERMA--" 

This sends him to the Marvel Universe. He crashes through a military satellite. As he lands on earth, the military goes under the assumption that he is a villain. Booster doesn't want to fight US soldiers and flies away. But then out of nowhere, he is tackled by an unknown figure. 

"Stand down!" 
 "I'd love to, but my ego won't comply." 

The fight is to KO only. 

vs 
#2 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

I'ze gunna say war machine. I dunno why but sumthin says pick war machine.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine

#4 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: @King_Namor

No way, Booster Gold has stronger equipment, he was able to face Superman and hold a pissed off Guy Gardner in one of his force field bubbles
#5 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

war machine

#6 Posted by Dernman (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold

#7 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

B.U.M.P

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (13201 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@cattlebattle: @King_Namor:   No way, Booster Gold has stronger equipment, he was able to face Superman and hold a pissed off Guy Gardner in one of his force field bubbles
War Machine has the same equipment as classic Iron Man, plus more as he could go intangible so goodbye to the usefulness of force fields. Iron Man would beat the crap out of Booster Gold...so would Rhodey,  The only reason Iron Man usually beats Rhodey is because he is smarter and has more experience with the armor

if there is one character that gets sold short on the Battle Forums...it's Iron Man and now apparently...War Machine LOL
#9 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
Rhodey Rhodey Bo-Bodey Fi-Fy-Fo Modey, Rhodey!
#10 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd normally say Booster but he sounds like he'd be pretty worn out after surviving passage through a black hole and crashing onto Earth thru a military satellite. Just sayin'

#11 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

going booster here,that force field took doomsdays punch i remember,plus his future tech is pretty impressive.
#12 Posted by cattlebattle (13201 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
going booster here,that force field took doomsdays punch i remember,plus his future tech is pretty impressive.
War Machine can go intangible. I fail to see the usefulness of force fields here :(
#13 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

booster  loses

#14 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@PikminMania said:
@cattlebattle: @King_Namor:   No way, Booster Gold has stronger equipment, he was able to face Superman and hold a pissed off Guy Gardner in one of his force field bubbles
War Machine has the same equipment as classic Iron Man, plus more as he could go intangible so goodbye to the usefulness of force fields. Iron Man would beat the crap out of Booster Gold...so would Rhodey,  The only reason Iron Man usually beats Rhodey is because he is smarter and has more experience with the armor if there is one character that gets sold short on the Battle Forums...it's Iron Man and now apparently...War Machine LOL
When could Iron Man or Rhodey go intangible? If he could I think he would do it more often, don't you? Booster Gold has faced tougher opponents, sure he can be cocky, but he still is powerful, especially since he can take blows from superman
#15 Posted by cattlebattle (13201 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@cattlebattle said:
@PikminMania said:
War Machine has the same equipment as classic Iron Man, plus more as he could go intangible so goodbye to the usefulness of force fields. Iron Man would beat the crap out of Booster Gold...so would Rhodey,  The only reason Iron Man usually beats Rhodey is because he is smarter and has more experience with the armor if there is one character that gets sold short on the Battle Forums...it's Iron Man and now apparently...War Machine LOL
When could Iron Man or Rhodey go intangible? If he could I think he would do it more often, don't you? Booster Gold has faced tougher opponents, sure he can be cocky, but he still is powerful, especially since he can take blows from superman
Rhodey has an advanced version of Tonys MK 2 armor...the same armor he used to fight the likes of Thor, Hulk Namor and other powerhouses....BG lifts a lot of weight...once,tanks Superman...once he is generally a 20 tonner with no other real impressive feats. What you don't think War Machine has faced tougher opponents than Gold, LMFAO
#16 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss
didnt know that,that does change abit now if he can do that.
#17 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine. Especially current.
#18 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: In most of his fights Booster can take a lot of hits from strong foes, but for now I will stay with  Gold unless you can provide some scans of him going intangible.
#19 Posted by cattlebattle (13201 posts) - - Show Bio
@PikminMania said:
@cattlebattle: In most of his fights Booster can take a lot of hits from strong foes, but for now I will stay with  Gold unless you can provide some scans of him going intangible.
It's cool man, you can pick whoever you want It's not like were gonna win a prize or anything

Rhodeys suit had Ghosts tech in it, thats how it went intangible, it also drained the suit a bit, but it usually lasted long enough for him to do what he needed to do. I don't have scans as I sold most of my old school comics a while back...do you really think I would just make that up, LOL
#20 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: People have made stuff up before, I just doubt that War Machine's gadgets would have any effect on Booster Gold, as long he he surrounds him self with a force field
#21 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster

#22 Posted by termiteone4ever (7898 posts) - - Show Bio

booster got this 

#23 Posted by kingpin1 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with War Machine on this one.

#24 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

On paper (or theoretically) Booster would win cause of his future tech. It appears pretty stupid to say that 25th Century tech from DC can be taken down by current tech from Marvel...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut... Feats say otherwise. What was stated and what was done by WM (or we can base it on what classic Iron-Man can do) is quite more impressive than surviving a punch from Doomsday.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (38243 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad: Key word er uh letter a punch. I think Zoom debunked it as a bad feat.
#26 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster should win, but i think War Machine would win 

#27 Posted by eatmore_payless (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

War machine, the suit is like all the US military force

#28 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

The set up is a little skew if. Booster really isn't after fame. It's been retconned the whole fame angle is so no one takes him seriously enough. he's a time traveler the father of Rip hunter (DC's Father of Time travel) and his mission is to protect the time line. So when he goes back to change things back the way they were it's important that he's not idolized or admired. If he was others might follow his example and cahnge teh future. Instead of maintaining the time line his presence would be making constant changes. Let's just say he did something Super heoric and to offset has to make himself look even more ike a jerk so attacked the one guy EVERYONE admires.

@cattlebattle said:

@the darknessss said:
War Machine can go intangible. I fail to see the usefulness of force fields here :(

Considering Phantom girl (who's power is intangibility/phasing) can't pass through Brainiac 5's force fields (which is what Booster has a 30th century B5 FF) I fail to see what that is gong to do for him. That force field can withstand being inside Suneater ( a being that destroys galaxies). His gauntlets also give him quite the energy manipulation. At peak they can absorb and release a LOT of energy. His suit enhances his strength, speed and agility which even without it are above Olympic level ( He was after all a professional athlete from 500 years from now, think haw much stronger faster etc with another 500 years of breaking World records would be). Finally there is teh flight ring which allows him to not only fly but levitate other things.

Not sure who wins but here are some Booster feats.

I don't know how long Rhodey would last against the guy who killed Superman when he's now above the level he was when he did that. Should be a good battle I'd say.

#29 Posted by Vampire_Batman (126 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine wins.

#30 Posted by Nefarious (21964 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine wins.

#31 Posted by jwalser3 (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine puts up a fight, but booster wins.

#32 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Those aren't his higher feats as doomsday was said in panel to be just awakening.

That being said ... Booster gold should win this w/ his tech.

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine.

#34 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8393 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, congradulations for making an original battle.

So to the battle.

War Machine is pretty versatile and powerful all around. But Booster has the advantage of durability here. The question is, does he have the offense to put War Machine away before his fields get worn down? That comes down to moral, experience, skill and so forth. Mostly in my mind it comes down to exploiting weaknesses in the other persons tech.

War Machine has the advantage of moral, and experience in my opinion. Skill I'm not certain of, but I give that one to War Machine too. When it comes to technology, Booster has a large advantage. Its an advantage he has got a lot better at using, but he hasn't mastered it yet. Even so his durability advantage is great enough he should have long enough to figure out what he needs to do.

Once you shut down the other guy's tech in this battle, you win. Over all because of his massive tech advantage, and the durability to have time to think, I give this battle to Booster, despite his lower degree of skill, and experience.

Were they to have more even levels of technology, I would give this one to War Machine, every time.

#35 Posted by Hohotask (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster wins!

Stronger!

Faster!

Stronger fire power!

War Machine and Iron Man gets curbstomped by Hulk, think about what Doomsday would do to them! And Booster managed to tangle with Doomsday for quite some time!

#36 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@the darknessss said:

A force field isn't solid matter it projects a force that works on intangible characters. Brainiac 5's force field ( the one Booster uses) has stopped several people with intangibility including one of Boosters first enemies. intangibility will do $#!t to a force field that can withstand the solar system busting Sun eater and the time manipulations of Time Trapper.

#37 Edited by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster gold has more advanced tech, this alone could let him win.

If BG has skeets with him he definitely wins.

#38 Posted by BrianBusterBear888823 (166 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine wins.To many weapons to take Gold down

#39 Edited by dondave (38817 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster

#40 Edited by logy5000 (6088 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine.

#42 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8723 posts) - - Show Bio

booster gold

#43 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold!

#44 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8723 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster FTW

#45 Posted by Comicuser (1677 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster

#46 Posted by SurfingtheHighway (990 posts) - - Show Bio

As stated, Booster held his own against Doomsday (maybe even twice, I don't remember right now) and he has the upper hand in technology since his apparatus are from the future.