Wanda (current) and Classic Strange vs Odin

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The battle is in the context of the Marvel event "Fear Itself".

Odin plans to wipe out humanity in order to cut the Serpent source of power.

Strange (with his "classic" abilities) and Wanda have 24h to find a way to beat him.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@bullpr: Classic Strange stomps while wanda goes and gets sodas

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BullPR

@kidman560: I don't think so.

I agree with @killemall comments in the thread with Darkseid/Odin/Strange, most of the people here are overestimating some Dr Strange feats.

I didn't read the issue behind the scan you provided, so I don't know why Eternity is saying that Strange threatens the Multiverse with his powers.

The feat with incarnation of Death is not greater than Odin able to bring Thor back from the Death in the RKT saga, or Odin regularly defeating Hela or coming back from to live etc...

I have the feeling however that with 24h of prep and Strange shields (able to protect against the IG with a minimum of prep), Wanda could assemble enough of Chaos energy or other form of mystical power to be a good challenge for Odin. And with the threat of a global genocide, she should be in the good state of mind for that.

Let's see what other people think about this battle.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

I agree with @killemall comments in the thread with Darkseid/Odin/Strange, most of the people here are overestimating some Dr Strange feats.

I didn't read the issue behind the scan you provided, so I don't know why Eternity is saying that Strange threatens the Multiverse with his powers.

The feat with incarnation of Death is not greater than Odin able to bring Thor back from the Death in the RKT saga, or Odin regularly defeating Hela or coming back from to live etc...

I have the feeling however that with 24h of prep and Strange shields (able to protect against the IG with a minimum of prep), Wanda could assemble enough of Chaos energy or other form of mystical power to be a good challenge for Odin. And with the threat of a global genocide, she should be in the good state of mind for that.

umm also Thanos with the IG was scared of strange. i am not overestimating him but eternity saying stranges power threatens the multi-verse does make sense. i mean he did stalemate Warlock with the IG

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BullPR

@kidman560 said:

@bullpr said:

umm also Thanos with the IG was scared of strange. i am not overestimating him but eternity saying stranges power threatens the multi-verse does make sense. i mean he did stalemate Warlock with the IG

Not really.

If my memory is good, he was able to resist to Nebula (after a sign by Warlock) when she brought back the Universe/Multiverse back to where it was before Thanos actions with the IG. So yes, his shields are able to resist to an Universale/Multiversale level.

But that's only defensive.

I never read a story with him inside and showing an ATTACK, not a DEFENSE, at Odin level.

But others may have.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

???

I have no way to understand this.

Probably the generation of my kids.

And probably not the good country if it was already on air 30+ years ago.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

umm also Thanos with the IG was scared of strange.

I am surprised where did you get that from?

In fact it looked clearly the opposite.

No Caption Provided

Thanos: "The so called Sorcerer Supreme fancies himself a player across the cosmic gulf does he. Well, he would soon find that when he allied himself with Adam Warlock again Thanos master of the Infinity Gems, he challenged one before whom he is but a helpless child"

Pretty hard to somehow construct that as Thanos being scared of Dr. Strange i would think...

Would you really call 2006 instance a classic version?

And all Eternity said was he threatened the balance between good and bad, that doesnt really translate as him being a multiversal threat, and frankly Strange has never been a multiversal threat.

No he did.

Warlock was having an existential crisis on what to do, while Dr Strange came prepared.

Warlock also used one gem at a time against Strange, and even then Strange would have lost, he outright admitted on panel.

Dr. Strange vs Power Gem and Power Gem alone.

No Caption Provided

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kidman560

@kidman560 said:

umm also Thanos with the IG was scared of strange.

I am surprised where did you get that from?

In fact it looked clearly the opposite.

No Caption Provided

Thanos: "The so called Sorcerer Supreme fancies himself a player across the cosmic gulf does he. Well, he would soon find that when he allied himself with Adam Warlock again Thanos master of the Infinity Gems, he challenged one before whom he is but a helpless child"

Pretty hard to somehow construct that as Thanos being scared of Dr. Strange i would think...

Would you really call 2006 instance a classic version?

And all Eternity said was he threatened the balance between good and bad, that doesnt really translate as him being a multiversal threat, and frankly Strange has never been a multiversal threat.

No he did.

Warlock was having an existential crisis on what to do, while Dr Strange came prepared.

Warlock also used one gem at a time against Strange, and even then Strange would have lost, he outright admitted on panel.

Dr. Strange vs Power Gem and Power Gem alone.

No Caption Provided

if you give me a sec ill pull out some scans but i do know that when korvac was atatcking he got rid of the 3 most powerful people he considered a threat.

#1 was Strange

#2 was Jean/ Phoenix

#3 Silver Surfer

ill pull up the scans

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: hey i found one

No Caption Provided

i mean hes not afraid of Strange but he certainly does take some time to deal with him and with Thanos thats a big compliment. (sort of)

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Classic Doctor Strange is getting burned instead of loved.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Odin dies

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: hey i found one

i mean hes not afraid of Strange but he certainly does take some time to deal with him and with Thanos thats a big compliment. (sort of)

Thats out of context, because the scan i posted is the very next page in comics.

He was wondering who was opposing him, found it was Dr. Strange, considered him nothing but a child and BFR him with a clap of his hand.

Not sure how that shows "take some time to deal with him"

If you want a reference thats Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme # 33.

if you give me a sec ill pull out some scans but i do know that when korvac was atatcking he got rid of the 3 most powerful people he considered a threat.

#1 was Strange

#2 was Jean/ Phoenix

#3 Silver Surfer

ill pull up the scans

I have read the series, Korvac biggest threat in his orginal run was Starheart, which doesnt mean he is some cosmic level threat , because we know he isnt.

So you would suggest Starheart is a lot more powerful than Dr. Strange because he was the first threat he perceived in his orginal run in Avengers # 168. You Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer instance comes a bit later in Avengers Annual # 16.

Its easy to quote Strange feat out of context, dont get me wrong though, as far as heroes are concerned, he was without a doubt, the most powerful guy running around in Marvel Earth during classic era. Once you are more powerful than Classic Thor, thats saying a lot.

But Strange feats are massively over-rated in comicvine.