Wan, Katara vs Korra, Zuko

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

In this water and fire battle, Wan and Katara will take on Zuko and Korra. Who will win?

Wan is limited to firebending only, Korra to waterbending only. No AS

Fight takes place in the spirit world by the Tree of Time. Time is perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet.

All are in character. Victory by ko

Who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino@saint_sophie@rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @highaccuser @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007:

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Water always had an advantage over fire especially when it's abundant.

Hmmmm tough to say. I can see zuko and wan struggling against the waterbenders while korra and katara duke it out.

I'm giving the advantage to korra and zuko here mostly because they are the aggressive and faster ones

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@kidphillip: Not always, Zuko beat Katara in Book 1 when she'd had training from a master waterbender, large amounts of water and ice as well as a full moon backing her. Fire can be created at almost any time by the firebender whereas water benders are governed by having an environment of water in order for them to be more effective.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: technically, Zuko only beat Katara because she let her guard down and the sun rose. Course, Zuko was also injured at the time

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@arcus said:

@lvenger: technically, Zuko only beat Katara because she let her guard down and the sun rose. Course, Zuko was also injured at the time

Fair enough, you're right to remind me.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko can be beaten by Wan faster than the waterbenders duke it out. Thereafter, Wan can help Katara win. He has the power output and the durability to help win it for his team.

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

Team 2. Katara is the MVP, but not enough of an MVP to make up for Wan the weak link.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1. Korra vs Katara could go either way (although I'd favor Korra in character), but Wan will beat Zuko, especially in character.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vengefulshot  Online

The waterbenders are above the firebenders here and IC I favor Korra as the best here.

Zuko over Wan.

Team 2 win.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vengefulshot  Online

@mial42: Zuko is better than Wan in fire...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: I disagree. Wan's shown more consistent power, and while Zuko's obviously more versatile, Wan's got some good moves.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@mial42 said:

@vengefulshot: I disagree. Wan's shown more consistent power, and while Zuko's obviously more versatile, Wan's got some good moves.

It's easy to look consistent with 2 episodes of feats. Even then, only 2 of Wan's fire blasts were bigger than Zuko's consistent ones.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vengefulshot  Online

@mial42: Zuko has the feats to defend from Wans more powerful fireblasts. Wan also uses smaller blasts too, like the ones vs those dark spirits in the air village IIRC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Wan also has the feats to defend from Zuko's fireblasts, and if Zuko tries anything funny (like explosive fireblasts) he'll have it sent right back at him.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vengefulshot  Online

@mial42: Zuko has firewhips and he can defend from any redirected explosive blasts with fire tornadoes and combustion blocking shields.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Wan's got firewalls and firejets as well. Fire whips leave the user relatively grounded, and aren't particularly useful against another firebender, who will take advantage of the vulnerabilities of the move.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vengefulshot  Online

@mial42: Fire jets don't help him vs Zuko. Zukos fire walls have better feats. Zuko is also better in CQC and IIRC Wan can't redirect or even block explosive shots. Fire whips are away to get through Wans durability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot:

Why don't they help him? Unlike other firebenders, he's shown he can actually dodge (fast) attacks with them, without the Comet.

Zuko's firewalls technically have better feats, but even CM's weakest shot sent him flying through it. I see no reason to believe Wan's are weaker.

Wan can't redirect explosive shots?

Pictured: Explosion
Pictured: Explosion

Good point about the fire whips, but he's relatively immobile and can't really defend while using them, a major problem vs Wan.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vengefulshot  Online

@mial42: Yeah but he runs into the same problem Azula has in that he's vulnerable whilst mid flight. And Zuko doesn't exactly have the aoe to where Wan would need fire jets.

CM's weakest shot is still a respectable explosion and is more than what Wan has showcased he can defend from.

I figured he just made that blast explosive. Like the fireblasts were regular and he turned the blast explosive, but fair point.

Was thinking of Zuko having them as more of a finisher. When Wan is down he can use firewhips to keep him there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot:

Points 1, 2, and 4 make sense to me.

I think he just redirected the explosive fireblasts, because that's what it looks like.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vengefulshot  Online

@mial42:

I think he just redirected the explosive fireblasts, because that's what it looks like.

Can't prove otherwise so I concede that point. Zuko can spam a few in succession however.