Wally West vs. Thanos - Thread Remake

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By pooty
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You apparently do not grasp what I am saying.

Lowering your density so that you can move through objects, still involves moving your molecules around other molecules, basically the density would be lowered to a point where their molecules are so far apart that they will not hit the molecules of what they are passing through. Thanos' shields have shown to be resistant to this, so it is entirely plausible that his shields would also be resistant to other types of phasing due to the shield being constructed in a manner that does not allow for moving around molecules to work. I was not stating it would absolutely work, just that it is entirely plausible based on feats that it could.

In addition to all of this, as of yet no one has explained how Wally will contend with the mystical aspect of Thanos' shields.

Cool, thanks for rewording that to be way more clear. I believe other people have already stated that Wally's phasing is different in that it crosses into the speed force partially. This means his phasing could operate on a fundamentally different level than most other character's phasing.

I think I already asked someone how the magic part changes the shield, but never got a reply...

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@green_skaar said:

@pooty said:

If this post doesn't apply to you then ignore it. This scan does NOT show Thanos reacting at light speed

Looks like he's ducking, but who knows.

Look where surfer is. he is behind Thanos and Thanos appears to have just reacted AFTER SS was past him. But if it's inconclusive, then it shouldn't be used to support light speed reaction

Personally I think it's a reaction feat, just hard to quantify, but don't really care. It's an imaginary fight between imaginary people, not going to get butt hurt over this.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Wow... you changed the rules so your guy could win.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: It could be a different angle. but it also doesn't show when Thanos started to lower his hand. He was holding his hand up to hit cap america. So he may have started to lower it to hit cap. The scan also doesn't say how long it took SS to get there. We are not sure how long it took SS to get there. We are not sure when Thanos started lowering his hand. The scan says SS missed and doesn't say why he missed. To many unknowns to support Thanos has light speed reaction IMO. Thanos has been in comics for years. Does he have any other feats to support light speed reaction?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#156  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@darkraiden said:

Or you could post scans before mentioning things. All I did was comment on your statement. I'm not going to read a story just to see how fast Wally is. Flash supporters have to prove their case. In fact, you have to prove it was 3 days. Not gonna just take your word on that.

Really? You mean scans should be posted to back up claims? We can't just say things and try to pass them off as fact? Interesting idea.

And turns out I was wrong, it was five days. Which, given the distance involved, doesn't really make a difference.

Any proof he can go from 0 to that speed? Or does he need build up like I said before?

Plenty, just read the story. I don't have the scans of that on me. Of course, you could always refuse to read the story, deny the claim and keep asserting that he needs build-up even though you couldn't prove that if the fate of the world depended on it. It's easier.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

They've stated the speed of light in DC is the same as here in our universe.

When?

Eh, several hundred times since COIE. Come on, it's silly to argue that light is faster than normal in the DCU.

I can give you issue numbers if you actually want proof, but again, it's silly.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@foreverevil: so basically all thanos has to do is teleport Flash away and he wins according to your new found "discovery" that defies all logic

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this thread is epic . soooo much "ownage"

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@green_skaar said:

@pooty said:

If this post doesn't apply to you then ignore it. This scan does NOT show Thanos reacting at light speed

Looks like he's ducking, but who knows.

Look where surfer is. he is behind Thanos and Thanos appears to have just reacted AFTER SS was past him. But if it's inconclusive, then it shouldn't be used to support light speed reaction

Personally I think it's a reaction feat, just hard to quantify, but don't really care. It's an imaginary fight between imaginary people, not going to get butt hurt over this.

We should also remember that Thanos punches faster than a normal human (something laughable like....was it 500mph according to the databook? Or was it mach 500? No that's Black Adam, I think it was 500mph), so that was likely 1 second or less that it took Surfer to cross that distance.

500mph is still 223.52m/s

Assuming his fist is going 2 meters to hit Cap, that gives Surfer less than .009 seconds to cross that distance. I think.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: not going to get butt hurt over this.

Funny you say that.Never understood that term. How does your butt get hurt when debating or thinking?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By green_skaar

@pooty said:

Funny you say that.Never understood that term. How does your butt get hurt when debating or thinking?

Must be watching too much Workaholics, where that expression is used a lot! It's just a crass way to express someone getting worked up over something that's usually trivial.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:
@citizenbane said:

@darkraiden said:

Or you could post scans before mentioning things. All I did was comment on your statement. I'm not going to read a story just to see how fast Wally is. Flash supporters have to prove their case. In fact, you have to prove it was 3 days. Not gonna just take your word on that.

Really? You mean scans should be posted to back up claims? We can't just say things and try to pass them off as fact? Interesting idea.

And turns out I was wrong, it was five days. Which, given the distance involved, doesn't really make a difference.

Any proof he can go from 0 to that speed? Or does he need build up like I said before?

Plenty, just read the story. I don't have the scans of that on me. Of course, you could always refuse to read the story, deny the claim and keep asserting that he needs build-up even though you couldn't prove that if the fate of the world depended on it. It's easier.

I don't even know what story it is. Maybe I'll look for some scans, maybe not. But Flash has never ever moved that fast from standing still. Also it would make Flash an idiot for letting threats to Earth live when he could just run over 30 million FTL and end them, protecting his family. I can see Flash around 3x FTL close, and can probably build up to as much as 500 FTL, maybe millions eventually. But going from 0 to that is....Flash never does it.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's a fact that the text says almost the speed of light.

Okay, would you like to read out loud the rest of the "facts"?? The time it happened in, the distance that was crossed and the number of people that were transported? None of these things can be disproved, but the speed that was given can be.

It's 3 against 1, the irrefutable time, units and distance vs. the sketchy and obviously very wrong and extremely disprovable speed..

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is wearing the INFINITY GAUNTLET. That increases his stats to infinite. He does NOT have the Infinity Gauntlet in this thread so STOP using feats when he has the Infinity Gauntlet

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Must be watching too much Workaholics, where that expression is used a lot! It's just a crass way to express someone getting worked up over something that's usually trivial.

I love that show. I still never understood the meaning . Loose butthole. Tight butthole. Butt hurt. they have a weird addiction to butts.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He started out with the gauntlet, then sheen cheated and took it away.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If youre going to say the flash feat cant be used because of what the writer said then this thanos feat cannot be used either. nowhere does it say that he dodged surfer or reacted to surfer or FTL. oh and look who's using real world math on a comic book instance right after claiming that you shouldnt because they are in fact comics. im out of here this thread is over run by people making baseless claims on both characters part.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@darkraiden said:
@citizenbane said:

@darkraiden said:

I don't even know what story it is. Maybe I'll look for some scans, maybe not. But Flash has never ever moved that fast from standing still. Also it would make Flash an idiot for letting threats to Earth live when he could just run over 30 million FTL and end them, protecting his family. I can see Flash around 3x FTL close, and can probably build up to as much as 500 FTL, maybe millions eventually. But going from 0 to that is....Flash never does it.

A) It's called The Human Race

B) No more so than any of other hundred odd heroes who don't pull out all the stops for every threat

C) ............I'm done

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Okay, would you like to read out loud the rest of the "facts"?? The time it happened in, the distance that was crossed and the number of people that were transported? None of these things can be disproved, but the speed that was given can be.

It's 3 against 1, the irrefutable time, units and distance vs. the sketchy and obviously very wrong and extremely disprovable speed..

Author>calculations. Get over it. You're wrong. Author made a mistake and literally cleared up the confusion in the same panel. it was a sub-light feat for Flash. Not impressive at all.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: He started out with the gauntlet, then sheen cheated and took it away.

Changing battle perimeters is not "cheating". It happens a lot when a thread starter accidentally makes a mismatch or forgot to clarify something.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can give you issue numbers if you actually want proof,

Yes please.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden

I don't even know what story it is. Maybe I'll look for some scans, maybe not. But Flash has never ever moved that fast from standing still. Also it would make Flash an idiot for letting threats to Earth live when he could just run over 30 million FTL and end them, protecting his family.

It's called the Speed Force.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ForeverEvil

@foreverevil: so basically all thanos has to do is teleport Flash away and he wins according to your new found "discovery" that defies all logic

sure, but he cant pull it off. cause hes not as fast as flash.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden

I don't even know what story it is. Maybe I'll look for some scans, maybe not. But Flash has never ever moved that fast from standing still. Also it would make Flash an idiot for letting threats to Earth live when he could just run over 30 million FTL and end them, protecting his family.

? Referring to what?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

Author>calculations.

I'm just gonna rephrase my last reply.

Okay, would you like to read out loud the rest of the things that are irrefutable because the author said them?? The time it happened in, the distance that was crossed and the number of people that were transported?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@darkraiden

? Referring to what?

Sorry. I misread your post.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: He said current Thanos. Current thanos has the gauntlet. With the gauntlet, Thanos wins.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560 said:

if supes can touch flash then Thanos can and thats all he needs

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

Yes please.

Superman #191. There's a bit at the beginning where Superman lists out the things he's faster than, and one of them is light with the standard measurement.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden said:

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

Author>calculations.

I'm just gonna rephrase my last reply.

Okay, would you like to read out loud the rest of the things that are irrefutable because the author said them?? The

time

it happened in, the

distance

that was crossed and the

number of people

that were transported?

It. Doesn't. Matter. The. Author. Said. It. Was. Not. Even. The. Speed. Of. Light.

He knows what he meant to write and portray, you don't. This is the one times that nothing else int hat seen matters but the text, as it explained the feat 100% in the eyes of the writer. Period.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: He said current Thanos. Current thanos has the gauntlet. With the gauntlet, Thanos wins.

I think, i could be wrong, but most people assume "current version" does not include outside amps. It is the current version of the character with only their own power unless stated otherwise.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern said:

@citizenbane said:

Yes please.

Superman #191. There's a bit at the beginning where Superman lists out the things he's faster than, and one of them is light with the standard measurement.

Fascinating, is it possible it could differ from writer to writer?

I'm just trying to come up with an explanation that would please everyone.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash has won. There isnt even an argument being made for how Thanos wins. I say that as a spectator on the debates not as someone who wants to get replied to by people with invalid arguments that have already been discarded.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil said:
@kidman560 said:

No PIS CIS or WIS allowed as per battle forum rules. My point stands.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By SheenLantern

It. Doesn't. Matter. The. Author. Said. It. Was. Not. Even. The. Speed. Of. Light.

It. Does. Matter. The. Author. Said. 3. Other. Things. That. Contradict. That.

3 writer's statements vs 1 writer's statement

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Thanos doesn't have the gauntlet. Assuming current is from the Infinity arc.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidman560 said:
@foreverevil said:
@kidman560 said:

No PIS CIS or WIS allowed as per battle forum rules. My point stands.

there is a difference between PIS and Consistency. Supes isnt the only one either

No Caption Provided

im pretty sure Wonder Woman has also. and just recently Supergirl did also (but that doesnt count since this is Pre 52 Flash!)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Nope. His math was off. You're trying to use math to quantify the feat. But he already did it for you. Almost the speed of light.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

I'm giving this to The Flash. I don't think Thanos can even react to his movements, especially when bloodlusted and with 5 mins prep Flash can do a lot. He can have Hal (or any other GL for that matter) to examine Thanos' forcefields and stuff (if outside help is allowed during prep).

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving this to The Flash. I don't think Thanos can even react to his movements, especially when bloodlusted and with 5 mins prep Flash can do a lot. He can have Hal (or any other GL for that matter) to examine Thanos' forcefields and stuff (if outside help is allowed during prep).

How?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 the_red_viper  Moderator
DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden: Like he did in that scan on the 1st page.

No I mean...how would Hal get there in time, and how and why would he know Thanos has a forcefield? Would it even be up for him to look at? Seems....unlikely.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

It doesn't matter because there is a contradiction. Its inconclusive. The writer messed up. It is WIS.

Not sure why it even matters considering there have all ready been other feats which show flash being billions of times faster then light. Just use those.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern said:

@darkraiden said:

Nope. His math was off. You're trying to use math to quantify the feat. But he already did it for you. Almost the speed of light.

Yes, and he did it wrong. Forgive me for trying to get the facts right. I didn't know it was an unreasonable thing to do.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#198  Edited By patrat18

@the_red_viper said:

@darkraiden: Like he did in that scan on the 1st page.

No I mean...how would Hal get there in time, and how and why would he know Thanos has a forcefield? Would it even be up for him to look at? Seems....unlikely.

Wally can carry Flash. His speedforce aura protects whoever he's holding, plus Hal has his own protection.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @green_skaar: Ugh, if he wanted Infinity arch Thanos then why why wasn't that stated firstly?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @green_skaar: Ugh, if he wanted Infinity arch Thanos then why why wasn't that stated firstly?

Thanos has two objectives (so far) in the Infinity arc

1. Find and kill his son.
  2. Find one of the infinity gems.

He doesn't have the other gems at this point.