This topic is locked from further discussion.

#501 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

@pooty said:

@darkazrael999: As far as I remember, it shows Surfer clearing a light-year in a second

The scan is posted. It doesn't say anything about seconds etc.

Thanos was handling Cap as Surfer reached him.

Thanos looks like he paused. Held his hand above his and was toying with Cap.

Considering the fact that Thanos regularly handles FTL beings, I would say that he has FTL reactions.

Thanos has regularly handled people CAPABLE of FTL, but can you show ONE instance where it is CLEARLY stated his opponent is using FTL speed? Forget speculation. let's use clearly stated facts

Allright. Let's consider for a moment that he was going slower than Light-Speed. If that were the case, how long would it take for him to reach Thanos?

Can I please point out that your asking a very logical question. And can i also point out that that is the SAME question we've been asking about the 14 trillion times faster than light argument for wally. WE SEE HIM do it. how long would it take him for carrying all those people to safey. ok well the math is done for us but thanos fans discount it. so thanos fans cant have it both ways and ask the same question we've been asking and expect for it to pass

Agreed. I'm not speculating on light years and math. it go real ugly. so let's not focus on inconclusive feats and move to another feat

#502 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@green_skaar: is anyone that traverses the universe regularly is extremely fast and has good reactions as well.

I'm torn on this one. I think there is a difference between flight speed and combat speed. I don't think Thanos/SS have the combat speed that Flash/Gladiator have.

Think of it this way, if one is traveling FTL, but has reactions far slower than that, they'd just be flying through space in a total blur hoping and praying they don't hit a bunch of planets/stars/black holes in the process. They'd also have no idea when to stop, or to turn, etc.

#503 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@green_skaar: is anyone that traverses the universe regularly is extremely fast and has good reactions as well.

I'm torn on this one. I think there is a difference between flight speed and combat speed. I don't think Thanos/SS have the combat speed that Flash/Gladiator have.

Think of it this way, if one is traveling FTL, but has reactions far slower than that, they'd just be flying through space in a total blur hoping and praying they don't hit a bunch of planets/stars/black holes in the process. They'd also have no idea when to stop, or to turn, etc.

LMAO i agree. but its hilarous because thats what DC fans have been saying about superman ww, flash, captain marvel...hell anyone and everyone whos FTL in DC, which is actually alot more characters than i remembered. but its funny now being used to defend thanos. but like i said i fully agree.

#504 Posted by DarkRaiden (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

@pooty said:

@darkazrael999: As far as I remember, it shows Surfer clearing a light-year in a second

The scan is posted. It doesn't say anything about seconds etc.

Thanos was handling Cap as Surfer reached him.

Thanos looks like he paused. Held his hand above his and was toying with Cap.

Considering the fact that Thanos regularly handles FTL beings, I would say that he has FTL reactions.

Thanos has regularly handled people CAPABLE of FTL, but can you show ONE instance where it is CLEARLY stated his opponent is using FTL speed? Forget speculation. let's use clearly stated facts

Allright. Let's consider for a moment that he was going slower than Light-Speed. If that were the case, how long would it take for him to reach Thanos?

Can I please point out that your asking a very logical question. And can i also point out that that is the SAME question we've been asking about the 14 trillion times faster than light argument for wally. WE SEE HIM do it. how long would it take him for carrying all those people to safey. ok well the math is done for us but thanos fans discount it. so thanos fans cant have it both ways and ask the same question we've been asking and expect for it to pass

You can't be that dumb/oblivious. The difference is that Thanos's scan is JUST math. Flash's came attached with a statement. From the writer. That directly contradicted any math.

There was no discussion on the Flash feat, they GAVE us how fast it was supposed to be. Thanos's is not the same (though they DID give us a ballpark since Surfer traveled over a lightyear in less than a second, maybe less).

#505 Edited by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Surfer controls his board with his mind. so his mind can comprehend FTL speed. But anytime he physically moves, he just looks so slow. Not once have I seen his limbs move in a blur. Maybe one of those times where comic and real world physics don't add up

#506 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio
#507 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Surfer controls his board with his mind. so his mind can comprehend FTL speed. But anytime he physically moves, he just looks so slow. Not once have I seen his limbs move in a blur. Maybe one of those times where comic and real world physics don't add up

Like I said it's a working assumption I have with characters that travel FTL regularly. There are exceptions of course. I've noticed "reaction speed" is more pronounced on Earth than in space. It's usually a non issue for cosmic entities/universe travelers. Just my observations!

#508 Edited by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Like I said it's a working assumption I have with characters that travel FTL regularly. There are exceptions of course. I've noticed "reaction speed" is more pronounced on Earth than in space. It's usually a non issue for cosmic entities/universe travelers. Just my observations!

Cool

#509 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#510 Edited by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

??? whats with the blank comment?

sometimes that happens with my comments. I don't even remember the comment lol

#511 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless this is a foot race, Thanos wins. He will eventually grab Flash by the neck and snap it like a branch. Flash has literally nothing in his arsenal that would hurt Thanos at all. Thanos isn't phrased by matter manipulation so trying to phrase through his is just a waste of time, and he casually tank planet busting, and black holes.

Thanos sends Skeets to beat the Flash because he can't even be bothered.

#512 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
#513 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#514 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01 said:

And people wonder why almost every Flash battle turns out like this...?

If Flash consistently went against Thanos/Darkseid/Odin/Spectre/Galactus level beings and came out on top, I would have no problem accepting Flash beats Thanos. That's not the case though. He doesn't go against characters these powerful in cannon. And for a good reason; the DC writers don't see him as powerful as you fans are making it out to be.

That said, I still don't see how any of Flashs' abilities are gonna work on Thanos. They never have been shown to.

Exactly my point, were are people getting this stuff. These people must not even read Flash comics. His enemies are a bunch of bank robbers, and he has been nearly killed by deathstrokes sword, actually DS has made him look bad numerous times, and everytime almost EVERYTIME he gets in a fight with a top tier he gets oneshotted period. That's how its always been and that is the level DC writers have put him on hes no way near a superman level threat, he doesn't have the offensive capabilities to hurt these guys, nor the durability to hang with them, Thanos could easily one shot flash, whether its wally or barry.

@angryhulks said:

@moonman78 said:

@angryhulks said:

An eye for an eye.

Are You serious, you compare thanos taking a beating from a high level avengers squad who still was unable to KO Thanos, and actually had to be stopped by the stranger and his counterparts (Much above SFL), to wally west taking a beating from Grodd. Grodd is a 60 tonner at best and that's being generous. There is absolutely no comparison. Wake up man flash is not on this level, he can't beat superman level opponents and thanos is far above that.

Still, the Avengers were still be able to bring Thanos to his knees and he can't fight back. And Thing, Hulk, Red Hulk, and Vision are far less powerful than Superman.

Flash can beat Superman level opponents and even few notches above Superman.

Thanos can have all the power in the universe if he wants, but if he have poor speed, he can't touch Flash. His finger can destroy planet if he wants, but if he can't touch Flash, it's completely useless.

This says it all .Dude you are too up on DC comic characters as compared to anyone else, there is no equality in your judgment and you are way too up on flash.

Also read the statement where it says the elders help us beat your ass so they get to keep your ass. These guys participated in the fight the whole time

#515 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@green_skaar said:

@pooty said:

Comic Book and Real World Physics almost NEVER add up.

#516 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was able to survive a black hole and it did not phase him and even though Mistress Death is not allowed in this thread, wasnt Thanos able to survive what Drax did to him in the Cancer Verse where Death did not have any hold over that universe since she was killed there by the Angel Ones? And wasnt Thanos left there when that universe was destroyed? And Flash is no Galactus, and if Galactus said that it took a large amount of his powers to get through Thanos shields then how would the Flash do any much better unless people on here feel that Flash is more powerful or the same powerful as Galactus lol? If Thanos has prep he could just put his shields up without Flash not knowing and him crash into his shields and then Thanos could mind rape him as he has done Moon Dragon, who was able to enslave an entire world with her mental powers! As far as the I.G arc, well didnt Thanos state that he was going to take his omnisciense away because he found it more interesting to give the heros a chance until Surfer almost came close to taking his I.G away from him? So even though Thanos was amped in other areas he did not use the I.G to make himself know what the Surfer or what Adam Warlock was planning, so when he dodged Surfer it was not because he was powered up but it was his own skill and his own reaction speed.

#517 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

11 pages , and not even a single argument to prove Flash can win, while arguments for Thanos win are so many.

i'm still waiting for someone to prove otherwhise and counter arguments in Thanos favore but none did successfully.

what Flash have :

• speed blitz : useless, Flash needs to get through Thanos shields that could resist blasts from Galactus level characters
  • IMP : useless, same above. and Thanos durability proved to resist blasts from Galactus, Odin who oneshot SS and Drax (2 planet bust durable characters) proved to resist black hole with 2 light years diameter, proved to resist Giant Gas explosion... 1 hit or sextillion hit of IMP won't do a thing not even a tickle.
  • speed steal : firsly Flash needs to get through energy field to do that. and it's useless anyway, agianst someone who manipulate energy at free will, and can generate kinetic energy from his cosmic energy, and doesn't need even to move when he can attack with energy blasts, energy fields, TK, matter manipulation, TP, astral projection...
  • phasing : useless against energy fields
  • time travel : irrelevent, because Thanos can do the same, and hence would make the fight enter an infinite loop.
  • BFR to speed force : useless as Thanos proved can teleport through dimensions and realities.

what Thanos have :

• TP : Thanos can mind rape Wally in the first moment, before he speeds enough, the same thing happened to him over and over with Grodd.
  • BFR : Thanos can teleport Wally even if he doesn't tag him, Thanos can teleport all the battle field including Wally to the core of the sun or the center of a black hole, no place to run for Flash, it's instant death to him, while Thanos can resist those places.
  • clocking : Thanos can clock himself, Wally won't be able to find him, and given that Thanos is the best prep character with hax powers, he will make an easy suprise attack to kill the speedster
  • matter manipulation : even if Thanos can catch Wally, he can transmute entire battle field into some kind of glue substence for example and slow Falsh if not stop him, he can then TK tear him, or TP mind rape him, or shoot him, or transmute him by matter manipulation. you choose guys.
  • time manipulation : as Flash can escape through time, Thanos can also follow him through time
  • sheer power : Thanos cosmic energy makes him untouchable and can use it to toast his enemy, as he did against Mentis who just by getting close to Thanos body, her molecules started to disintegrate
  • energy Fields : fields that could resist Galactus level bieng blasts, and that phasing characters can't pass through it. Thanos can use them for defense, but also to lock up Flash in large area (where Flash run so no necessary have to locate him exactly) and toast him.

what some Flash fans think :

• "Flash can phase through shields and blitz Thanos", we are not sure he can phase though Thanos shields that resisted Vision phasing, but even if he can, Flash can't phase efficiently as he never proved to do so on scans, the only instance where he did that he made a lot of time and felt down and wasn't in middle of fight, and in that case Thanos will have all the time to kill him super easily because he wil be an easy target.
  • "Flash destroyed AM armor" this is out of context, Flash wasn't fighting alone, he wouldn't be able to harm the AM unless he had help, actually he lend extra kinetic energy to JLA, making the already super fast powerhouses like sups even more fast and deadly, all the JLA lended hits with amped power on AM armor to the point the shield was able to crack by the final hit from Wally. Hence, Wally's hits or phasing doesn't have the proof that it can destroy Thanos shields, shields that withstood Galactus level blasts.

seriously Flash has no chance, i can even see him lose shamfully in less than a picosecond, when he wil go straight on to Thanos with super speed, and smash his face to an invisible shield of energy, hence kill himself or KO himself, Thanos would facepalm himself while giving the final blow to koed speedster on the floor.

RESULT : Thanos stomps.

#518 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio
#519 Edited by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: Flash wins in your imagination buddy, you can't give the final judgement when you didn't even bring an argument to back you up. oh, and by the way, i refuted all their arguments, just above your post.

#520 Edited by SheenLantern (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet Beyonder thinks that no one replies to him because they simple can't defeat his amazing argument, when in reality it's because we literally do not know where to start.

I mean seriously, Thanos wins with telepathy? I'm pretty sure that was refuted in the first page of the first thread. Give me a break.

#521 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: so you have all those arguments that proves Thanos wins and you only saw TP? Wally has failed to TP on scans many times. but atleast, i'm ready to accept he can counter it with his 5 min prep if he start running before the fight, which is rrelevent i think, unless OP says otherwise

#522 Posted by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet Beyonder thinks that no one replies to him because they simple can't defeat his amazing argument, when in reality it's because we literally do not know where to start.

I mean seriously, Thanos wins with telepathy? I'm pretty sure that was refuted in the first page of the first thread. Give me a break.

lol very true.

#523 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (1822 posts) - - Show Bio

Hypothetical arguments....... Hypothetical arguments everywhere!

#524 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: I'm also pretty certain the argument of "my brain is too fast for you" isn't a viable defense. Do you know that Magneto's thought processes and brain activity is much, much faster than a normal humans? And that he has still been susceptible to TP without the protection of his helmet?

Having a faster brain doesn't make you immune to TP. Some specific powers can block it. Like Kitty Pride, who when she is phasing through matter is shielded from TP. But when she isn't she is fully vulnerable to it.

#525 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen the scan of Thanos's shield disintegrating someone but the problem is it's only been shown once.

Claims have been made that his shield contains magical properties, I've yet to see proof of this. I believe Flash could break through it with a couple of IMPs cause Champion, while with the Power gem continually punched it, and Thanos stated that the shield was about to be broken, while also stating that Champion's strength is comparable to that of Hulk (I know Thanos is stronger than Hulk though).

Keep in mind that Champion didn't have mastery of the Power Gem so his strength was not infinite. I'm also not saying an IMP is comparable to the Champion in the above scan, but multiple IMPs have a good chance of getting through. I'm open to corrections if I misinterpreted anything.

(I'm not showing bias in this post because Thanos is my favorite character in Marvel, and Flash in DC)

#526 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@foreverevil: I'm also pretty certain the argument of "my brain is too fast for you" isn't a viable defense. Do you know that Magneto's thought processes and brain activity is much, much faster than a normal humans? And that he has still been susceptible to TP without the protection of his helmet?

Having a faster brain doesn't make you immune to TP. Some specific powers can block it. Like Kitty Pride, who when she is phasing through matter is shielded from TP. But when she isn't she is fully vulnerable to it.

I think it's cause Wally's mind is much faster than Magneto's that's why. Flash has shown to be able to perceive events that move in the Picosecond and even light is at a standstill.

#527 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: @foreverevil: Thanos greatest asset is his mind. In this thread he is blood lusted. Later I will post a scan of captain marvel fighting Thanos. Cap Marvel says: I have to keep him enraged because he fights SENSELESSLY. When enraged Thanos will try to fight. When Thanos is enraged he doesn't use Tp, matter manipulation etc. He doesn't even use shields. When thanos came out his coccoon his was enraged. He was simply a brawler shooting beams. when thanos was fighting cap marvel he was a senseless brawler. Everytime Thanos has used TP, matter manipulation etc he was calm and using his mind. I also posted scans of wally being faster then thought and being unaffected by matter manipulation. and people saying thanos is in control of his molecules are lying. Thanos has been turned to stone and has been defeated many times proving that claim false. so phasing his brain will work. sorry for long post. but I'm tired of people saying their claims haven't been debunked when they have.

#528 Edited by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4

nice scans and good point, but the problem is that you can't compare Champion's power with power gem to IMP, so it's difficult to prove that IMP can really get through the shields even if Flash uses several IMPs.

also let me add this scan :

the same thing will happen with Wally, and going with super speed the shock will atleast KO him if not kill him (he had broken bones from hitting a wall before), Thanos can finish him easily after that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@pooty said:

Thanos greatest asset is his mind. In this thread he is blood lusted. Later I will post a scan of captain marvel fighting Thanos. Cap Marvel says: I have to keep him enraged because he fights SENSELESSLY. When enraged Thanos will try to fight. When Thanos is enraged he doesn't use Tp, matter manipulation etc. He doesn't even use shields. When thanos came out his coccoon his was enraged. He was simply a brawler shooting beams. when thanos was fighting cap marvel he was a senseless brawler. Everytime Thanos has used TP, matter manipulation etc he was calm and using his mind. I also posted scans of wally being faster then thought and being unaffected by matter manipulation. and people saying thanos is in control of his molecules are lying. Thanos has been turned to stone and has been defeated many times proving that claim false. so phasing his brain will work. sorry for long post. but I'm tired of people saying their claims haven't been debunked when they have.

so are you admiting Thanos in normal state stomps now? or are you just taking all what Thanos has as advantages, in purpose, as fight rules, to force him to lose, this is pathetic, even bloodlusted he has 5 min prep what will he do in those 5 min ? dance? OP doesn't say so, and if you change it to what you say, then this thread will be a spite, and shall be locked in the process.

• faster then thought? he can be like that only when speeding enough to reach the necessary thought speed, otherwise he won't do that in the begining of the fight because he never did, unless he has knowledge. hence he's suseptible to TP just like when it happened to him all the time with Grodd.
  • unaffected by matter manipulation? where did you gat that idea, all you have is only assumption, there is no feat where Flash proves to resist matter manipulation.
  • phasing his brain won't work in the first place because of many factors : shields, desintegrating energy, clocking ...etc
#529 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@all_mighty_beyonder: With no tech or prep Wally stomps him. Thanos is blood lusted in this thread. Meaning with the 5 min prep he will put on shields. Soon as they say fight both are blood lusted. All Tp, matter manipulation is out the door. this is a brawl. who can hit who and we know Thanos can't land a punch. Still, Tp is powered by thought. wally mind is Always faster then thought. you see the scan when wally/ superman are having lunch and everyone is a statue to wally? The only reason Tp works on him is for plot. No plot restrictions on comicvine. I personally showed a specific scan showing Wally dodging matter manipulation at light speed. so even if thanos used matter manipulation Wally can out run it. Thanos showed disentigrating energy ONCE. please stop making it seem like the norm. As said I will post scans of how thanos fights when blood lusted. he is just like Thor in WM. He becomes a brawler. No shields. no tp. no matter manipulation. no cloaking. Those are things a thinking Thanos may try. Morals on thanos has a a slight chance to win 3/10. bloodlust thanos loses 9/10. Scans are coming to erase all doubt.

#530 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4: The same is true for the Silver Surfer when using his powers, but he's be affected by mind-altering parasites and even whammied by Thanos.

#531 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

you're using too much speculation and contradicting your own logic. let me clarify :

you're saying disentigrating energy once, but forget that Flash showed resistence to TP once by action and once by words. and i'm sure disentigrating energy is not once i'll dig up a scan for you when i have the opportunity.

OP doesn't take Thanos teck, and you're trying hoplessly to handicap Thanos forthe only purpose to give Wally a slight chance of victory.

wally/superman scan proves nothing of TP resistence, stop speculating.

you're saying bloodlusted is mindless which is wrong, bloodlusted means gonig to kill, but not necessary without thinking.

it's unecessary to post scans of brawling this is not the purpose of the fight here, if that's what you guys want in this fight, then don't come and say Wally beat Thanos, because you would have portrayed Thanos badly and not as he should be, why would you handicap Thanos and not Wally?

let's say bloodlusted implies mindless, if you're posting mindless Thanos scans, why wouldn't i post mindless Flash scans too, ans trust me there is soooo many shamful scans of Flash when he doesn't use his head.

finally, if you're using mindless Thanos, then it's also a mindless Flash, meaning after 5 min prep where Thanos will activate the shields, Flash will run straight on and will smash himself to the shields making him dead/KO before even 1 picosecond pass

#532 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@all_mighty_beyonder: Thanks. You're right about Champion with Power gem being greater than an IMP but the reason I believe Wally will break through is due to the amount he can deliver compared to Champion. Also regarding the scan of Champion getting stopped by the force field, it shouldn't affect Wally cause he has prep and Flash has shown to be able to think up millions of scenarios in a fraction of second (I wish I could find the scan, but I can't) so I presume he will bring up the possibility of Thanos's shield.

#533 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4: you are correct. Wally mind functions at greater speeds then even SS. have yoy ever seen Wally morning routine? He bathes, eats, reads an entire book in 4 seconds. he even dreams at super speed. If TP is powered by thought and wally mind is always faster then thought. TP can't work. it only works in comics to progress the story. And Wally has been hit by Zoom who hits harder then superman and kept fighting

#534 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

you're using too much speculation and contradicting your own logic. let me clarify :

you're saying disentigrating energy once, but forget that Flash showed resistence to TP once by action and once by words. and i'm sure disentigrating energy is not once i'll dig up a scan for you when i have the opportunity.

OP doesn't take Thanos teck, and you're trying hoplessly to handicap Thanos forthe only purpose to give Wally a slight chance of victory.

wally/superman scan proves nothing of TP resistence, stop speculating.

you're saying bloodlusted is mindless which is wrong, bloodlusted means gonig to kill, but not necessary without thinking.

it's unecessary to post scans of brawling this is not the purpose of the fight here, if that's what you guys want in this fight, then don't come and say Wally beat Thanos, because you would have portrayed Thanos badly and not as he should be, why would you handicap Thanos and not Wally?

let's say bloodlusted implies mindless, if you're posting mindless Thanos scans, why wouldn't i post mindless Flash scans too, ans trust me there is soooo many shamful scans of Flash when he doesn't use his head.

finally, if you're using mindless Thanos, then it's also a mindless Flash, meaning after 5 min prep where Thanos will activate the shields, Flash will run straight on and will smash himself to the shields making him dead/KO before even 1 picosecond pass

Flash only showed minor TP resistance to Grodd, and it was very minor, it really just depends on the writer, he has been oneshotted by Tp almost every other time. Flash is cannon fodder to most top tiers and the people who are riding his jock can't even post a legit battle where he beat a top tier with no help. I like flash but all characters have a place keep him in his, if it were up to me Superman would be able to beat everyone, but just because I want him to be able to do so doesn't mean he can.

#535 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: True, but I don't know if Surfer's powers apply in the Marvel Universe like Flash's applies in DC. The Surfer has indeed shown ridiculous mental speeds but I don't think TP can be countered in the Marvel U by accelerating the mind like in the DCU. Also keep in mind, the battle is set up to take place in the DC Universe.

#536 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@all_mighty_beyonder: I'm going to post scans of Thanos being bloodlusted. I will let the scans speak for themselves. Also Thanos NEVER starts with Tp or matter manipulation does he? Thanos cherishes battle. I don't have to speculate how Thanos will fight under these conditions. I've seen it. So regardless of whether morals are on or not Thanos will start by fighting as he ALWAYS does. But you keep SAYING what will happen. I'll SHOW what will happen

#537 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos NEVER EVER NEVER starts a battle using his tricks. TP, matter manipulation are last resorts. and only does that for specific purpose like he wants a herald etc

#538 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@unbreakable_fs4: you are correct. Wally mind functions at greater speeds then even SS. have yoy ever seen Wally morning routine? He bathes, eats, reads an entire book in 4 seconds. he even dreams at super speed. If TP is powered by thought and wally mind is always faster then thought. TP can't work. it only works in comics to progress the story. And Wally has been hit by Zoom who hits harder then superman and kept fighting

Agreed. Also, has Thanos shown the ability to see objects that move as fast as a Wally? I know Thanos casually sees people that move FTL, but this is Wally we're talking about lol. If not, I'm not sure he wont be blitzed like he was with the Runner assuming Wally gets passed his shields (As for the speed blitz, I'm not sure if Thanos will really receive much damage as he has shown to be massively durable)

#539 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78: exactly.

@unbreakable_fs4 : yeah. but with no feat we can't tell what IMP can do to the shields. even if we imagine Flash can after a certain time break the shields, when Thanos will realise his sheilds are close to break, he can for instance use matter manipulation to chage the area next to the shield into tar to stop or slow or stumble Flash, or simply increase his cosmic desintegrating energy so that once the Flash breaks through the shields he will be desintegrated by energy.

as for Flash has shown to be able to think up millions of scenarios in a fraction of second, i remember some instances of that when i read 270 chapter of Flash, he may find a way to beat Thanos or not, this is only speculations of ours. let's not foget Thanos is a badass at prep too :)

@pooty : i don't know where you came with the 3/10 and 9/10 but it's only your own speculation, just like other speculations you said. i didn't find any scan that indicates that Flash has matter manipulation resistence. if you're refering to the instance where he was racing with death, then again and again you proved nothing and you're only speculating. nothing in those scans prove resistence to matter manipulation, while death vanished because the concept of death ceased to exist at the end of time.

#540 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4: No. Thanos can react to great speeds but never confirmed that he can react to light speed. Wally can bust through thanos shield. One punch from wally ko'ed a white martian into space. He busted through Anti monitor armor who eats universes. his punches hit like a white dwarf. he can put thanos down

#541 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: So, Thanos catching and beating FTL'ers to death on a regular basis means he...can't react to FTL? Really? You know that makes no bloody sense at all.

#542 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@all_mighty_beyonder: All we really have is the feat that indicates one IMP can knock out someone with Superman level durability. I know it'll take more than that but how much more is hard to determine. I think I see where you're coming from.

#543 Posted by ShadoVvlite (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: But Flash is way faster than all the FTL's Thanos has faced. Plus, Thanos has only beaten people who can only move FTL, they don't use their speed for combat or anything.

#544 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@unbreakable_fs4: No. Thanos can react to great speeds but never confirmed that he can react to light speed. Wally can bust through thanos shield. One punch from wally ko'ed a white martian into space. He busted through Anti monitor armor who eats universes. his punches hit like a white dwarf. he can put thanos down

I agree with you but even though he hasn't shown FTL reaction for some odd reason he is capable of fighting people that move FTL. I'm not really sure how he does it, whether is good anticipation or something else.

#545 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: But Flash is way faster than all the FTL's Thanos has faced. Plus, Thanos has only beaten people who can only move FTL, they don't use their speed for combat or anything.

This statement goes with what I was asking Pooty a couple of posts ago. Thanos has constantly shown he can hold his own against people that move FTL, but what about people that move as fast as Wally? The only instance of someone moving at comparable speeds to Wally (Runner) faced Thanos, he was overwhelmed.

#546 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadovvlite :Yeah they do and it's been proven and established. Surfer has used his FTL in combat. Beta Ray Bill has as well against Stardust. Eros is an FTL'er as well and used his speed to his advantage. And Thanos still beats them all. It's an established fact that he has reaction times more than quick enough to tag them all.

@unbreakable_fs4: You could say the same way Makkari uses his speed; Cosmic Energy. Makkari is an Eternal who specializes in speed. And he augments his speed by using his own cosmic energy. Thanos has been known to use his in various ways from energy projection to force fields, teleportation, matter manipulation and more. Would it be so hard to believe that he also uses it to enhance his reactions to MFTL ranges to deal with speedsters?

Considering he beats them down regularly, which includes those with Cosmic Awareness, the idea that he can do this is more of a Fact than just a Theory.

#547 Edited by ShadoVvlite (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: If you have them, can you post the scans?

#548 Posted by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Who has thanos tagged that was going light speed at the time? @all_mighty_beyonder: Read carefully. YOU said Thanos controls his own molecules which I proved wrong. I said wally DODGED matter manipulation at light speed and showed the scan. But enough talk. I will post scans that will: 1) show how Thanos fights qhen bloodlusted. 2) that he rarely uses Tp or matter manipulation. 3) that even with prep he rarely enters a battle with shields up and rarely use them in one on one fights.

#549 Edited by pooty (11149 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadovvlite: Warning!!! not ONE scan will say how fast thanos opponents were going.

#550 Posted by patrat18 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

So who's winning????