Wally West vs. Thanos - Thread Remake

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pooty said:

@darkraiden: If the person you are fighting is so fast you become a statue then your power is USELESS. People can't even move or think compared to Wally. Wally is faster then gravity. Superman has to speed up just to get on his level. Dude has a meal and an entire conversation before a drop of coffee hits the floor.

Frozen in place around us

Ok so? That has what to do with anything? Skyfathers deal with people like that with a wave of their hand or a simple thought. Loki has similar, if not better feats than that one at least.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos or a stalemate.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@darkraiden: If the person you are fighting is so fast you become a statue then your power is USELESS. People can't even move or think compared to Wally. Wally is faster then gravity. Superman has to speed up just to get on his level. Dude has a meal and an entire conversation before a drop of coffee hits the floor.

Ok so? That has what to do with anything? Skyfathers deal with people like that with a wave of their hand or a simple thought. Loki has similar, if not better feats than that one at least.

SHOW ME. provide a scan or issue number where a skyfather.... ANY skyfather dealt with a person like Wally. Take your time....... i'll wait.

Barry_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @jwwprod: @darkraiden: ok seriously guys this is ridiculous ok (btw im kidman560 but i am in ISS right now!) this is all fake fictional non relevant to current events right now! this flame war is ridiculous. keep it up though id love to see an official Wally West is banned from battles page put up by a mod!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barry_jones: just passing the time. I doubt anyone is neglecting their jobs or children for Comicvine. no bid deal

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@darkraiden said:

@pooty said:

SHOW ME. provide a scan or issue number where a skyfather.... ANY skyfather dealt with a person like Wally. Take your time....... i'll wait.

Odin dealing with Surfer, Thanos dealing with the Fallen One (who was specifically blitzing him)

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: @jwwprod: @darkraiden: ok seriously guys this is ridiculous ok (btw im kidman560 but i am in ISS right now!) this is all fake fictional non relevant to current events right now! this flame war is ridiculous. keep it up though id love to see an official Wally West is banned from battles page put up by a mod!

I would too. Flash fans/supporters use the same faulty logic that DBZ supporters do, which leads to flame wars. It's all hypothetical on a feat-based site.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: ? Outside the Atom bomb thing, what have you seen that hasn't been supported by scans?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#459  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

For goodness sake, why isn't this thread locked yet? No blasted good is coming from this constant arguing and flaming. If one type of thread stirs up more animosity than DC vs Marvel powerhouses, it's Wally West battle threads.

got a fair point @god_spawn@citizenbane (i think this has run its course and it hasnt gone well) btw this is @kidman560 just on a diff account

Bane locked the first one because it was set in the Marvel universe and Thanos can't die in the MU due to Lady Death preventing it and all that. Putting it in the DCU gives Flash a chance to kill Thanos. Also who's kidman560?

Barry_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: ouch! hes a main guy around here. i just challenged god_spawn CAV

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it makes you feel any better I know who that is!

Barry_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: They show Thanos/Odin hitting beings who are moving at a unspecified speed. Proves nothing. My scans say "Light speed" or 1/millionth of a second or frozen so you don't have to guess or speculate

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: i swear to GOD, TOAA, The Presence, Odin, Zeus, and every other god THIS IS KIDMAN560! (lol ;P)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Wait it's my bad I misread your post and thought someone else on here was kidman. My bad :P

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Show me that Thanos can stop time under his own power.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: i swear to GOD, TOAA, The Presence, Odin, Zeus, and every other god THIS IS KIDMAN560! (lol ;P)

hahaha, by the by, what's ISS?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@darkraiden: It could be a different angle. but it also doesn't show when Thanos started to lower his hand. He was holding his hand up to hit cap america. So he may have started to lower it to hit cap. The scan also doesn't say how long it took SS to get there. We are not sure how long it took SS to get there. We are not sure when Thanos started lowering his hand. The scan says SS missed and doesn't say why he missed. To many unknowns to support Thanos has light speed reaction IMO. Thanos has been in comics for years. Does he have any other feats to support light speed reaction?

Considering the fact that he has always managed to tag FTL opponents, I would say so. And he reacted to an object travelling Massively FTL in that scan. Plus, he wasn't using the Gauntlet as he wanted a fight.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: ? Outside the Atom bomb thing, what have you seen that hasn't been supported by scans?

His theoretical ability to phase through a shield that disintegrates without dying, his 1 million IMPs he can throw in a second, his phasing through people who have complete control over their body enough to resist reality warp, his ability to steal kinetic energy from a top tier energy manipulator, his ability to manipulate the brain of a top tier telepath with mental protection, his ability to be immune to TP without warning, despite it working many other times, etc.

Barry_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@darkraiden: They show Thanos/Odin hitting beings who are moving at a unspecified speed. Proves nothing. My scans say "Light speed" or 1/millionth of a second or frozen so you don't have to guess or speculate

So you think that Surfer and the Fallen One, both who have proven MFTL flight speed and nanosecond reaction speeds (for Surfer) just decided NOT to use their speed when fighting Skyfathers/people they want to kill? Really?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note that Flash isn't freezing time or manipulating time in any way. Flash and Superman's perceptions while moving at that speed make their surroundings appear to be almost standing still. The Silver Surfer, of course, is more than capable of the same thing. As is the Earth Eternal, Makkari, and many others. Even Thor who zipped across the world and stopped a bullet.

Surfer, who has picosecond reaction time easily, who can accelerate to above 30millions times FTL in an instant, zip into alternate realities and much much more, still got one-hit KO'd from the backhand of the Asgardian Skyfather, Odin. And we know from experience that Thanos beats the Surfer handily on multiple occasions.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash might be able to speed blitz Thanos, but Thanos's durability will keep him from being defeated. His powers alone will be enough to defeat Flash, like cosmic power, telepathy ect.... They don't require him to physically tag the Flash. Imo, Thanos is in a whole different league than Wally.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Weird, I think his immunity to TP is a communication error. Flash supporters are saying he can actively make his mind immune to TP in the fight, but that he can be blindsided by it. However, he has no reason to not speed his thoughts up in combat to avoid that possibility. Honestly, I think Thanos can win by TP, so I won't touch that with a 39.5 ft pole.

The only one's that I see that are argumentative and hard to prove are the "Million IMPs per second" (which is actually supposed to be from a notebook of tests Barry performed that was passed down to Wally) and the Energy draining (Flash's ability to mess with someones brain is also energy related, not TP related). Do you have scans of Thanos repelling an Energy drain? I'm collecting scans :3

To be honest, there have been thanos scans that I've found to be extremely non-sequitar as well, and don't relate in anyway to the arguments people apply to them.

I remember most of the shield discussion at the very beginning of the thread. I think the very first Thanos scan posted to me was him disintegrating someone with his shield, and I showed Wally surviving the end of time, and then it just kept going, and now we're back to this.

Honestly, this just seems to be going in circles. People are just posting the same stuff, and it's getting nowhere. Time to let the thread die...

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: by your statements he should be able to beat eternity and spectre because they never displayed speed to this level but we all know his powers have limits to their effects hence why he runs away from AM. Thanos is easily above planet bursting level flash shouldn't be able to hurt him no matter how many hits he lands

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people are crying their little eyes out cause the people that backed flash made great arguments and showed scans for proof of what they said. great job pooty sheen lantern and citizenbane

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By ForeverEvil
Zhege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

So you think that Surfer and the Fallen One, both who have proven MFTL flight speed and nanosecond reaction speeds (for Surfer) just decided NOT to use their speed when fighting Skyfathers/people they want to kill? Really?

Why are we supposed to assume they are going at max speed when speedsters constantly get tagged in life threatening situations? Flash is one that constantly gets caught off guard when he could really make days seem like years and virtually never get caught off guard.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhege said:

@darkraiden said:

@pooty said:

Why are we supposed to assume they are going at max speed when speedsters constantly get tagged in life threatening situations? Flash is one that constantly gets caught off guard when he could really make days seem like years and virtually never get caught off guard.

I'm inclined to believe that a deranged murdering psycho like the Fallen One would be going all out when enraged as he has literally no reason to hold back at all. I would like to think Surfer isn't mentally retarded and would use his full speed on a skyfather like Odin or Thanos, ESPECIALLY if it was there weakness. Hell his cosmic awareness would tell him if it was their weakness.

Zhege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhege said:

@darkraiden said:

@pooty said:

I'm inclined to believe that a deranged murdering psycho like the Fallen One would be going all out when enraged as he has literally no reason to hold back at all. I would like to think Surfer isn't mentally retarded and would use his full speed on a skyfather like Odin or Thanos, ESPECIALLY if it was there weakness. Hell his cosmic awareness would tell him if it was their weakness.

For someone who needs everything specifically on panel for Flash, you shouldn't be inclined to believe anything on Thanos' side unless it's specifically written on panel, as well.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhege said:

@darkraiden said:

@zhege said:

@darkraiden said:

@pooty said:

For someone who needs everything specifically on panel for Flash, you shouldn't be inclined to believe anything on Thanos' side unless it's specifically written on panel, as well.

I needed nothing specifically stated for Flash actually. I only argued something where the on panel statement was vastly different than the faulty calculation. I have examples of Skyfathers hitting FTL and MFTL people. That's what's on panel. There is no Flash getting past Thanos's type of shields or throwing millions of IMPs. That's the difference.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486  Edited By pooty

@thanosii: When a thread is made putting Flash against Spectre or Galactus I'd probably avoid it. but this battle is against humanoids with limits to there abilities. Flash got over his fear of AM. he has no reason to fear a person he never met. Thanos has been hurt by attacks that didn't destroy planets. The avengers just recently pummelled thanos. Cap Marvel has put him down. Eric masterson hurt him. So attacks that can destroy the AM armor will hurt. also speed steal and phasing. If thanos really controlled his molecules then he couldn't have been turned to stone. nor would he bleed or have his heart ripped out or ever died. thanos is mortal @darkraiden: Our personal beliefs don't matter. Confirmed feats do. Nothing is stated or shown to support the Fallen is even capable of FTL.

:@darkazrael999: Everyone has tagged people capable of going faster then light. Keyword: capable. That scan does not tell how long it took surfer to reach his destination. All we know is that surfer was going fast. Nothing more. Thanos has been around for AGES. If he can react at light speed it should be clearly confirmed by now.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By DarkRaiden

@pooty said:

@thanosii: When a thread is made putting Flash against Spectre or Galactus I'd probably avoid it. but this battle is against humanoids with limits to there abilities. Flash got over his fear of AM. he has no reason to fear a person he never met. Thanos has been hurt by attacks that didn't destroy planets. The avengers just recently pummelled thanos. Cap Marvel has put him down. Eric masterson hurt him. So attacks that can destroy the AM armor will hurt. also speed steal and phasing. If thanos really controlled his molecules then he couldn't have been turned to stone. nor would he bleed or have his heart ripped out or ever died. thanos is mortal @darkraiden: Our personal beliefs don't matter. Confirmed feats do. Nothing is stated or shown to support the Fallen is even capable of FTL.

:@darkazrael999: Everyone has tagged people capable of going faster then light. Keyword: capable. That scan does not tell how long it took surfer to reach his destination. All we know is that surfer was going fast. Nothing more. Thanos has been around for AGES. If he can react at light speed it should be clearly confirmed by now.

The Fallen.......is the first Herald of Galactus. That means he HAS to fly across the universe looking for planets, and assuming Galactus doesn't want to wait for hundreds of years, he HAS to go FTL to do it. It's pretty obvious and easy to figure out.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488  Edited By WarBlade539

@pooty said:

As far as I remember, it shows Surfer clearing a light-year in a second. Thanos was handling Cap as Surfer reached him. It's common sense that it shouldn't have taken more than a few seconds.

Considering the fact that Thanos regularly handles FTL beings, I would say that he has FTL reactions.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By pooty

@darkraiden: That's a reasonable speculation and I accept that Fallen is CAPABLE of going FTL. That doesn't mean he enters every battle at light speed. Nothing, absolutely nothing, implies or confirms that he was going FTL against Thanos. Confirm it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: As far as I remember, it shows Surfer clearing a light-year in a second

The scan is posted. It doesn't say anything about seconds etc.

Thanos was handling Cap as Surfer reached him.

Thanos looks like he paused. Held his hand above his and was toying with Cap.

Considering the fact that Thanos regularly handles FTL beings, I would say that he has FTL reactions.

Thanos has regularly handled people CAPABLE of FTL, but can you show ONE instance where it is CLEARLY stated his opponent is using FTL speed? Forget speculation. let's use clearly stated facts

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhege said:

@darkraiden said:

@zhege said:

@darkraiden said:

@pooty said:

BOOOM!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By pooty

Clearly Stated Facts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Assumption/Speculation

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By green_skaar

@pooty said:

I agree. however you have to admit comics rarely quantify feats. It's more of the exception, not the rule, so we have to use some educated/logical speculation at times.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@darkazrael999: As far as I remember, it shows Surfer clearing a light-year in a second

Thanos has regularly handled people CAPABLE of FTL, but can you show ONE instance where it is CLEARLY stated his opponent is using FTL speed? Forget speculation. let's use clearly stated facts

Allright. Let's consider for a moment that he was going slower than Light-Speed. If that were the case, how long would it take for him to reach Thanos?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I agree. I have never seen the Fallen or Firelord go FTL but I reasonably assume they can. What I refuse to assume is that they enter every battle going FTL. We once assumed Hulk was a planet buster but since he never did it, that argument could be refuted. But now that he has done it, it can't be refuted. it is fact. facts make debates so much easier

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By pooty

@darkazrael999: I honestly have no idea. People speculated math a few pages ago and it was horrible. But since that feat is inconclusive, let's use ANY other feat that clearly shows Thanos is FTL reflexes. He has been around for decades. It shouldn't be that difficult

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

its hilarious because these guys that came in late to this thread were saying that there was nothing but speculation for flash and then we told them about all the scans and proof that were already shown if they just read the comments. and now theyre speculating with no proof on panel and its just blowing my mind. lol im grabbing some popcorn for this self ownage.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@green_skaar: I agree. I have never seen the Fallen or Firelord go FTL but I reasonably assume they can. What I refuse to assume is that they enter every battle going FTL. We once assumed Hulk was a planet buster but since he never did it, that argument could be refuted. But now that he has done it, it can't be refuted. it is fact. facts make debates so much easier

Yeah I don't assume anyone is fighting FTL unless stated specifically. Something I do assume, is anyone that traverses the universe regularly is extremely fast and has good reactions as well.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Allright. Let's consider for a moment that he was going slower than Light-Speed. If that were the case, how long would it take for him to reach Thanos?

Can I please point out that your asking a very logical question. And can i also point out that that is the SAME question we've been asking about the 14 trillion times faster than light argument for wally. WE SEE HIM do it. how long would it take him for carrying all those people to safey. ok well the math is done for us but thanos fans discount it. so thanos fans cant have it both ways and ask the same question we've been asking and expect for it to pass

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: is anyone that traverses the universe regularly is extremely fast and has good reactions as well.

I'm torn on this one. I think there is a difference between flight speed and combat speed. I don't think Thanos/SS have the combat speed that Flash/Gladiator have.