Wally West vs Silver Surfer vs Thanos vs Captain Atom

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos has ig in this scan. Win should be his.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102  Edited By Claymore1998

@frozen said:

Why?

Because that is not what Captain Atom did in the story, manipulate someone physical attribute, let alone somehow perfectly capable of re-create his entire body despite being chopped up into pieces or actually reconstruct his body out of nothing.

I am not sure how this changes though. Controlling speed force, or any other extra dimensional energy on molecular scale, doesn’t automatically extent to sentiment being who themselves can control their body.

While I do not know much about Speed Force I would doubt it has the ability to change its shape at will, heal itself from surrounding materials, or fight back in a sense a sentient beings do.

To which instance did he manipulate the molecules which make up the energy used by Uni-Lord? Are you referring to this fight (scans below)? Because Surfer doesn't manipulate the energy's molecules at all; he re-directs the attack ''a million times over'' (hyperbole). This is firm energy absorption.

I never said anything about manipulating the molecules which make up the energy, all i said is nature of energy is inconsequential because Surfer himself has manipulated inter-dimensional energy.

The ability to absorb, collect, expand, and return as an offensive isnt considered energy manipulation? Coz that's "manipulating" energy in every sense of the word.

I dont really see how its different though, my argument is manipulating energy isnt something different for Surfer. Like i mention again, while the word "molecule" was never mention Surfer has manipulated energy from Skaar, mystical in nature, called Old Power, in such a way that Sakaar lost his ability to any longer possess the energy.

I dont see how its any different from what Captain Atom did, the only thing from Sakaar instance you could question is scale, because i would presume energy to move planets might be lower in scale than speed force, but Silver Surfer has plenty of instance of manipulate vast amount of energy. Crunch for example, or Uni-Lord's energy being another.

He controlled it briefly and re-directed it as an attack. How can that be compared to Atom's feat? You cannot really ''re-direct'' the Speed Force because it'd make Barry faster, but that aside, he was only able to use his energy manipulation to re-direct the attack and channel the energy towards the two beings.

To be honest i think i am not actually getting your argument, sorry.

The feat with Barry, at least to me, seems similar to what Silver Surfer went though with Sakaar and another similar example would be what Norrin did to Sympira. Both instance involves Silver Surfer taking away an ability the two had, using his manipulation of energy.

Superman Prime is an Skyfather level character, physically - he survived an explosion which destroyed The Universe 51 (in the Countdown to Final Crisis series). So my inquiry was whether this energy >>> Universe busting energy or below it.

I did just address this earlier. We dont really know much about the Crunch other than every energy that lies in the universe comes from the Crunch. We do not know if it contains even more energy. That is all we know. Details about it are never really explained.

ProjectOrigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer us being highly underestimated.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#104  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@claymore1998: Seems we differ on interpretation.

I'll respectfully agree to disagree.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: for a well respected debater you sounding like you deliberately missing the logic of everyone's arguments here.

The Speed force is energy not matter so logically Atom was hyperbolling because energy has no molecules, which molecules did he manipulate?

2- if Speed force has molecules Surfer who has planetary transmutation can turn it to candy and wally auto loses

3- if a Capt Atom has been drained on panel wat stops Thanos from draining him.

You say Thanos can be dumped in time yet he has teleported through time under his own power are you trolling or u just don't know Thanos

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

You just derailed your argument with this statement. If Atom has to choose to do this and you yourself state his pre-cog is not continuous, then he would find it impossible to actually act when faced with a Flash that is ridiculously faster than the one he faced.

Not really. That's the statement he stated against Flash, unless you can provide me with an explanation of what he was actually using? Because he directly states ''Your speed is an illusion. I can bend space and time on a quantum level. I can catch you before you even move''.

No Caption Provided

You seem to be misunderstanding what I'm getting at. The statement by Atom by your own words (Below)

His Pre-Cog isn't continous.

Against Flash, he bent space and time on a quantum level to know where Flash would be before he actually moved.

To do so again, he would have to choose when to bend space and time.

Basically this means that Atom's statement is now irrelevant as to now "do so (use pre-cog) again, he would have to choose when to bend space and time." he won't get this luxury when facing someone that can move incomprehensibly faster than he has ever displayed in the New-52.

If you have to choose when to act against an opponent who can mover faster than you ever could fathom, how exactly can you act?

There's no proof that Atom would even be able to see an amped, blood-lusted Wally when a speed amped pre-52 Superman who could, before the amp see light frozen and move effortlessly by the picosecond wasn't even aware of Wally's presence.

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom, has no place here..only if and if.. He can control the speed force of surfer then he might stand a chance.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@unbreakable_fs4: ...The argument you've made neglects to mention to mention the very next line of dialogue:

''--And I constantly manipulate the molecules that make up your speed force''

When Flash, already in motion, using his speed was running, Atom was already manipulating the molecules which made up the Speed Force. He describes it, on-panel as 'constant' - Atom bending space and time was used to know where he'd be; the Speed Force was already cut off. The description of 'constant' was already occurring. He needn't even see Wally, as Wally enters his presence, his Speed Force is cut. Under their own power, 5th dimensional Imp's have cut him (Atom cut Flash with his own power). My bending space and time argument necessitating non-continuous Pre-Cog has no relevance on the Flash argument as the Speed Force is already taken care of.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@frozen said:

@unbreakable_fs4: ...The argument you've made neglects to mention to mention the very next line of dialogue:

When Flash, already in motion, using his speed was running, Atom was already manipulating the molecules which made up the Speed Force. He describes it, on-panel as 'constant' - Atom bending space and time was used to know where he'd be; the Speed Force was already cut off.

Are you by chance claiming that Atom always has manipulated the Speed Force? if not then to even begin in said tactic, he would have to first decide to do so. And as I already stated Wally is in a far different level of speed compared to Atom, thereby eliminating this opportunity. Unless you can provide evidence that Atom has even demonstrated movement and processing speed equivalent to what an amped, blood-lusted Wally can demonstrate. We know his speed is comparable to New-52 Barry but Wally is a different story.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

When Flash, already in motion, using his speed was running, Atom was already manipulating the molecules which made up the Speed Force. He describes it, on-panel as 'constant' - Atom bending space and time was used to know where he'd be; the Speed Force was already cut off.

Are you by chance claiming that Atom always has manipulated the Speed Force? if not then to even begin in said tactic, he would have to first decide to do so. And as I already stated Wally is in a far different level of speed compared to Atom, thereby eliminating this opportunity. Unless you can provide evidence that Atom has even demonstrated movement and processing speed equivalent to what an amped, blood-lusted Wally can demonstrate. We know his speed is comparable to New-52 Barry but Wally is a different story.

Read the scans - you're arguing, or choosing to discuss my statement of his Pre-Cog not being continuous, but I made that statement because it makes sense. The same panel directly states that Atom constantly manipulated his Speed Force, ergo when used in his presence it got manipulated.

Textbook definition of 'Constantly' - continuously over a period of time; always.

So the entire Flash fight he had had nothing to do with speed. He directly stated that his speed was an illusion.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@thanosii: If you read the arguments you'll see there are several arguments occurring so that point is moot.

-The Speed Force, was confirmed to have molecules. Though, as strange as that sounds, it's not wise to argue Physics with the Speed Force considering the Speed Force is the justification for all of Flash's feats which vehemently go against go against logical Physics.

-Surfer cannot react to Wally. The debate has been done 1,000 times over. IF he could cut the Speed Force off instantly, then yes. But A) He has no knowledge of the Speed Force whatsoever, B) He won't cut it constantly and C) Wally's too fast for him

-I'm not even doubting whether Thanos could beat Atom, he's far more likely to use TP than Surfer, but Wally will speed-steal Thanos. I don't know why you're fabricating arguments that I never made.

Man, why are you bringing that up? What Thanos time dump? The only time I argued Thanos would get time dumped is when I argued Darkseid against Thanos, and at the time, I had argued that Thanos under his own power couldn't time travel. Unless he gained the power since I argued that (probably has) then cool, but I NEVER argued in this thread that Thanos gets time-dumped. My Darkseid debate holds no relevance to this. Nice attempt at calling me a troll for no reason whatsoever.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@frozen: Seems fair. It was fun debating with you :)

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: I loved that comic. Also I believe Thanos should win.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@frozen said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

@frozen said:

Read the scans - you're arguing, or choosing to discuss my statement of his Pre-Cog not being continuous, but I made that statement because it makes sense. The same panel directly states that Atom constantly manipulated his Speed Force, ergo when used in his presence it got manipulated.

Textbook definition of 'Constantly' - continuously over a period of time; always.

So the entire Flash fight he had had nothing to do with speed. He directly stated that his speed was an illusion.

So Atom is suggest he has full control over the Speed Force in Barry's presence and even before the fight begins his speed is meaningless?

Honestly, that makes no sense. He can now control and manipulate "molecules" of energy that reside in another dimension WITHOUT even first willing to do so. That's like saying because I have a universal remote that controls every TV in the house, I can now suddenly fiddle with them (TVs) without first willing to do so.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@unbreakable_fs4: No. I clearly didn't say that at all.

Futures End, that particularly comic is 5 years later so his matter powers have become more precise. Captain Atom has been capable of transmuting the area around him (think of it as, an Area of Effect) and his Micro-Vision has allowed him to see the everything down to their smallest atoms and transmute it - in Flash's case, who's operating under a powerful energy source, he was able to cut off the Speed-Force as it was used in his presence.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@frozen: I'm not saying you said it but rather commenting on Atom's statement he made.

Yes, I understand he's quite proficient is manipulating matter but what doesn't make sense is doing it without choosing to do it. Just because his control spans great distances does not mean he can now begin manipulating each particle surrounding or not surrounding him without his consent. If we were to go by his statement, it would be nigh impossible (and honestly pretty stupid) to beat him. He wouldn't even have let the likes of MM fool him because his control of molecules would discern MM's disguise.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@unbreakable_fs4: That's what was said on-panel. And I don't find it surprising that he had higher proficiency over powerful energy like that.

Or

You could take the idea of his bending of Space and Time being continuous and his cutting of the Speed Force as chosen, if that suits you the better explanation.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I'll have to take the second option then. Honestly, the guy is seriously powerful lol.

But I'll have to stick with my initial choice and stick with Team 1 due to Thanos getting speed stolen. While, Atom can indeed cut Flash from his source of power after Thanos is immobilized, I see this being hard to accomplish with SS engaging him in battle. Especially since Atom has shown vulnerability to telepathy and Surfer is capable of utilizing such tactic against him.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seem likes everyone's fussing over Futures End.

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Captain Atom here

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Thanos beating Surfer is not PIS.

No. It isn't PIS...per se.

What I mean is this: Thanos simply has the ungodly strength to deck characters on Surfer's level of power and durability. He is closer in power to Odin than he is the Silver Surfer.

Therefore, the PIS comes in Thanos being able to touch the Surfer at all. Because Thanos does not have the reaction speed to deal with any of these other three charactes, including the Surfer.

However, you said this:

said:

Honestly, Surfer lacks combat speed and Thanos has tagged characters much faster than Surfer.

First of all, why do you say Surfer lacks combat speed?

Second, when has Thanos tagged characters faster than the Surfer?

Additionally, I don't mean to intrude, but I noticed this response below:

@frozen said:

That's interesting and very impressive for what it is but Surfer didn't manipulate the molecules which make up the energy; he channeled the energies, thus acting as a vessel. Captain Atom controlling the Speed Force on a molecular levelwas a testament to his matter manipulation/control.

Captain Atom channeling the speed force would look a hell of a lot different to what he actually did against Flash.

First of all, I'm somewhat familiar with Flash. I have to admit, I was surprised when the writer of the Justice League: Future's end described Atom as manipulating the molecules of the speed force. Since when was the speed force, an extra-dimensional source of energy, comprised of molecules?? At any rate, its clear from the writing that CA was capable of manipulating the speed force energy. This is acceptable to me because of Atom's power set.

Also, @claymore1998's point was that because Surfer could, for a limited time, manipulate the energies of the crunch, he should be able to manipulate the speed force. As well, just so you're clear, Aegis and Tenebrous defeated Galactus and turned him over to Annihilus. So, yes, Aegis and Tenebrous together are more powerful than Galactus. Aegis and Tenebrous are universal threats.

I agree with claymore's appraisal that Surfer can manipulate the speed force.

To recap:

1) Surfer is just as fast as Captain Atom. As I mentioned, all three characters are massively FTL, so much so they can travel time. There are other FTL characters, but not all FTL characters appear to be able to travel time.

Therefore, I reassert my earlier stance: Cap, Wally and Surfer are all too fast for Thanos to even touch.

2) Second of all, Surfer is a more powerful energy and matter manipulator than Captain Atom.

He his restored life to two planets ravaged by Galactus. He has evolved a child (with special powers) decades ahead of time. He has turned a machine into flesh and blood. He restored a destroyed New York City completely, to the last brick. He and (Jesus) Cable restored a destroyed battleship as fast as they destroyed it. There are others.

In terms of manipulating energy, he has destroyed planets, siphoned some of the energy of the sun, siphoned the gamma radiation from the Hulk and curing Banner in the process and absorbed the laser fire of entire space armada and used the energy in turn to re-ignite a dying star. There are others.

To summarize: Surfer is just as fast as Wally and Cap.

If Cap can manipulate the speed force, so can the Surfer, who has better feats of matter and energy manipulation.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: comicvine seems to have ate last post so I will repost focusing on the important errors

1- please cite an issue or post were Speedforce was said to have molecules, other than Atoms statement which which to me sounds like a characters hyperbole like the famous " million exploding suns". Supes has said he can destroy planets with a punch yet it is agreed unless he shows it on panel he can't, why should Atom have it different.

2- By your calculation who is the better energy/matter manipulator between Thanos and Wally? By mine it is clearly Thanos, speed steal is a form of kinetic energy drain. Isn't it more likely that Thanos can drain Wally of the Speedforce than the other way round. Also Thanos has demonstrated precognition as well.

The true matter of this battle is THANOS >>> ( Surfer > Atom > Wally ) prove other wise....

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 frozen  Moderator

@hyper_temporal_shift:

No. It isn't PIS...per se.

It's not PIS. Full stop. Thanos is a level above Surfer. Their fight demonstrated that. Stalin stated it and recently, it was implied yet again that he could kill Surfer if need be. It holds no relevance whether it's Pre-Annhilation or Post, Surfer loses to Thanos.

What I mean is this: Thanos simply has the ungodly strength to deck characters on Surfer's level of power and durability. He is closer in power to Odin than he is the Silver Surfer.

Thanos does have ungodly strength; however, he's also far more durable than Surfer and has a similar power-set. His powers operate on a higher tier; and yes, he's ''closer'' to Odin.

He tanked several blasts from Odin which one-shotted both Surfer and Drax but I don't exactly put Thanos into Odin tier. If anything, Thanos is a low-level Skyfather or a ridiculously juiced up Herald.

Therefore, the PIS comes in Thanos being able to touch the Surfer at all. Because Thanos does not have the reaction speed to deal with any of these other three charactes, including the Surfer.

No; it's not PIS. It's questionable if Thanos tags someone like Wally West, who has Zeptosecond speed - but Surfer maxes out at Nanosecond and the vast majority of his feats are indeed travel feats (and Wally beats him in that regard too; while also vastly outclassing Surfer in combat speed).

I don't even know much in regards to Captain Atom's combat speed. I do not even think Atom's speed should be a vital factor against Thanos, unless I'm missing something.

First of all, why do you say Surfer lacks combat speed?

Because he does. I cannot think of a single instance to which he actually performs FTL combat blitzing. He might have one, or two --- but on a consistent level he does not. Even if he does have sufficient combat speed, it's not enough to blitz Thanos unless it's performed at a beyond Nanosecond level on a consistent level.

Second, when has Thanos tagged characters faster than the Surfer?

Thanos pimp-smacked Gwen. Gwen, the same character who has blitzed Silver Surfer on two occasions.

First of all, I'm somewhat familiar with Flash. I have to admit, I was surprised when the writer of the Justice League: Future's end described Atom as manipulating the molecules of the speed force. Since when was the speed force, an extra-dimensional source of energy, comprised of molecules?? At any rate, its clear from the writing that CA was capable of manipulating the speed force energy. This is acceptable to me because of Atom's power set.

The Speed Force having molecules may be slightly dodgy but I do not find it to be the most confusing aspect of the Speed Force. The Speed Force is the same energy source which essentially justifies all of Flash's nonsense feats which laugh in the face of Physics. But yes, he completely manipulated the Speed Force or at-least what makes up the Speed Force.

Also, s point was that because Surfer could, for a limited time, manipulate the energies of the crunch, he should be able to manipulate the speed force. As well, just so you're clear, Aegis and Tenebrous defeated Galactus and turned him over to Annihilus. So, yes, Aegis and Tenebrous together are more powerful than Galactus. Aegis and Tenebrous are universal threats.

No. I do not agree. Surfer; at first had to absorb the energy with his energy absorption, otherwise the energy would have killed him (the energy killing two Galactus level beings will kill Surfer if used offensively).

In fact, the argument could be stemmed that he absorbed the energy and then re-directed it in an even more powerful form against the two Galactus level beings. That's EXACTLY what he did against Uni-Lord.

And that wouldn't necessitate energy manipulation.

1) Surfer is just as fast as Captain Atom. As I mentioned, all three characters are massively FTL, so much so they can travel time. There are other FTL characters, but not all FTL characters appear to be able to travel time.

I'm afraid you've not made the distinction between combat speed and travel speed. Silver Surfer is FTL in travel speed - he can travel across long distances but he cannot and often, does not utilize FTL speed blitzing in combat. Furthermore, Captain Atom's speed is used in a similar fashion - he does not have FTL combat speed.

Flying a long distance holds no relevance against Thanos.

Therefore, I reassert my earlier stance: Cap, Wally and Surfer are all too fast for Thanos to even touch.

You have to provide evidence for this assertion, considering not only has Thanos tagged a much faster character but you've not provided a shred of evidence that ''Surfer is too fast for Thanos'' and neither have you done so for Captain Atom.

Furthermore, in regards to his energy manipulation, Thanos amplified his fists with energy and used that to beat down Silver Surfer; leaving him near death.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 frozen  Moderator
@thanosii said:

@frozen: comicvine seems to have ate last post so I will repost focusing on the important errors

1- please cite an issue or post were Speedforce was said to have molecules, other than Atoms statement which which to me sounds like a characters hyperbole like the famous " million exploding suns". Supes has said he can destroy planets with a punch yet it is agreed unless he shows it on panel he can't, why should Atom have it different.

2- By your calculation who is the better energy/matter manipulator between Thanos and Wally? By mine it is clearly Thanos, speed steal is a form of kinetic energy drain. Isn't it more likely that Thanos can drain Wally of the Speedforce than the other way round. Also Thanos has demonstrated precognition as well.

The true matter of this battle is THANOS >>> ( Surfer > Atom > Wally ) prove other wise....

1. This is the first - but that's the point. Captain Atom saying ''I constantly manipulate the Molecules that make up your Speed Force'' is not the same as Sentry having ''the power of one million exploding Suns''. The comparison makes no sense. Captain Atom is primarily a matter manipulator; his micro-vision sees straight down to the smallest atoms. What Atom did was shown on panel. He literally controlled the Speed Force because that's an action he performed.

2. Look man, Wally isn't a matter manipulator. Thanos is clearly better at manipulating matter than Wally because Wally doesn't even have that power. Wally can and will blitz Thanos and even steal his speed because he's much, much faster. What can you provide which demonstrates Thanos reacting to Zeptosecond beings? Because I don't know. Thanos has, actually struggled with much slower characters using their respective speed (he eventually tags them but Wally is another case).

Thanos, will stomp Silver Surfer and exit him out of the equation. Thanos needn't exert much effort, he'll beat Surfer and already has.

However, what can Thanos do against Wally? Atom can beat Wally due to the circumstances of his latest feat but Wally's speed is far above anything Thanos has dealt with.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thanos

2. Silver Surfer

3. Captain Atom

4. Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

It's not PIS. Full stop. Thanos is a level above Surfer. Their fight demonstrated that. Stalin stated it and recently, it was implied yet again that he could kill Surfer if need be. It holds no relevance whether it's Pre-Annhilation or Post, Surfer loses to Thanos.

It's the text book definition of PIS. The Anti-Monitor could kill Wally as he is more powerful. That does not prove he is faster. Again, the PIS comes in that Thanos could touch the Surfer at all. He is too fast.

Thanos does have ungodly strength; however, he's also far more durable than Surfer and has a similar power-set. His powers operate on a higher tier; and yes, he's ''closer'' to Odin. He tanked several blasts from Odin which one-shotted both Surfer and Drax but I don't exactly put Thanos into Odin tier. If anything, Thanos is a low-level Skyfather or a ridiculously juiced up Herald

I wouldn't say far more durable. Surfer zips through stars and rides the explosions of stars exploding. Thanos has similarly tanked stars exploding and essentially laughing it off.

No; it's not PIS. It's questionable if Thanos tags someone like Wally West, who has Zeptosecond speed - but Surfer maxes out at Nanosecond and the vast majority of his feats are indeed travel feats (and Wally beats him in that regard too; while also vastly outclassing Surfer in combat speed).

I don't even know much in regards to Captain Atom's combat speed. I do not even think Atom's speed should be a vital factor against Thanos, unless I'm missing something.

Wally does not have zeptosecond reaction speed. Where is this coming from? I have Wally at pico second reaction speed. Not only would it be questionable for Thanos to tag Wally, but it would be questionable for him to tag CA or the SS as well.

And I would term Surfer's reaction speed as "Nano -", less than a nano second. While it's true he does have a few so called nano second reaction feats, other showings indicate he probably faster than that. Light travels a smidge less than 12 inches in a nano second. His nano second feats have him moving/reacting faster than that. As well, he has a feat searching earth in the span of time it takes Doctor Strange to not quite complete two sentences. As well, blitzing Thanos from over a light year away and being able to react at that speed indicates his reaction time to be faster than just a nano second. However, as there are no definitely indicated feats in the pico second range for the Surfer, I don't know that that pico second speed could be awarded to him with a clean conscience.

New 52 Captain Atom has one nano second reaction feat that I am aware of. So he is also fast enough to avoid getting touched by Thanos.

Silver Surfer, Captain Atom and Wally West's reaction is a vital factor because, PIS off, Thanos cannot touch any of these guys.

Because he does. I cannot think of a single instance to which he actually performs FTL combat blitzing. He might have one, or two --- but on a consistent level he does not. Even if he does have sufficient combat speed, it's not enough to blitz Thanos unless it's performed at a beyond Nanosecond level on a consistent level.

Thanos pimp-smacked Gwen. Gwen, the same character who has blitzed Silver Surfer on two occasions.

The Surfer has several feats clearly indicating he can react at faster than light speeds. His consistency of reaction speed ranges over several decades. You've already mentioned the nano second feats. Here is a third faster than light reaction feat:

I don't know who "Gwen" is. But it sounds to me as if you are trying to dismiss any reaction feats the Surfer has on him being tagged by slower characters. Is that right? If that is the case, you should check your logic. If we go by your logic, then no one that has super speed could really say they have super-speed as all super fast characters have been tagged by other characters known not to have any super speed whatsoever.

Your logic is severely flawed and is exactly what the battle forum rules call PIS. Superman has super speed. Does he always, consistently use it? Has Superman been hit by slower opponents? All the time. Does that mean we dismiss the fact that he has super speed?

I think you get the idea.

The Speed Force having molecules may be slightly dodgy but I do not find it to be the most confusing aspect of the Speed Force. The Speed Force is the same energy source which essentially justifies all of Flash's nonsense feats which laugh in the face of Physics. But yes, he completely manipulated the Speed Force or at-least what makes up the Speed Force.

So, then given that the Surfer has manipulated the energies of the crunch, energies which destroyed Aegis and Tenebrous, I don't see it being a problem for the Surfer, which was my point on that. Why could Atom do it but not the Surfer?

No. I do not agree. Surfer; at first had to absorb the energy with his energy absorption, otherwise the energy would have killed him (the energy killing two Galactus level beings will kill Surfer if used offensively).

In fact, the argument could be stemmed that he absorbed the energy and then re-directed it in an even more powerful form against the two Galactus level beings. That's EXACTLY what he did against Uni-Lord.

And that wouldn't necessitate energy manipulation.

First of all, it did almost kill him. Second, if he can manipulate the energies of the crunch, which energies destroyed those, how did you put it..."Galactus level beings....", then he can manipulate the speed force. Additionally, Surfer has better energy manipulation feats than Captain Atom. If Atom can do it, then so can the Surfer.

I'm afraid you've not made the distinction between combat speed and travel speed. Silver Surfer is FTL in travel speed - he can travel across long distances but he cannot and often, does not utilize FTL speed blitzing in combat. Furthermore, Captain Atom's speed is used in a similar fashion - he does not have FTL combat speed.

Flying a long distance holds no relevance against Thanos.

Don't be afraid. No need to be. Particularly when you are vastly mistaken on the FTL reaction speed. Scans were submitted above and you've mentioned the two nano second reaction feats out of your own mouth. There are others. And you are equally mistaken on Captain Atom's reaction speed. Check out Captain Atom 3.

The only discrepancy in the scans above is that Barry is not faster than light. But the feat is clean for Atom.

You have to provide evidence for this assertion, considering not only has Thanos tagged a much faster character but you've not provided a shred of evidence that ''Surfer is too fast for Thanos'' and neither have you done so for Captain Atom.

Furthermore, in regards to his energy manipulation, Thanos amplified his fists with energy and used that to beat down Silver Surfer; leaving him near death.

Said evidence in the form of feats has been provided above. And when has Thanos tagged a faster character than the Surfer? If he did, that would be PIS, since super speed is not in Thanos' repertoire of powers. Additionally, I provided scans of Captain Atom moving in a nano second. The scan below makes it clear he is even faster than Barry Allan.

No Caption Provided

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@hyper_temporal_shift:

It's the text book definition of PIS. The Anti-Monitor could kill Wally as he is more powerful. That does not prove he is faster. Again, the PIS comes in that Thanos could touch the Surfer at all. He is too fast.

Nope. It's not remotely PIS. Silver Surfer does not have FTL combat speed. If Thanos tags a character who isn't even that fast in combat, then it's undoubtedly not PIS. Furthermore, there's no good reason why Thanos can't have fast reactions. For example, Thanos has tagged someone who was moving at super-speeds, the same character who blitzed Silver Surfer on two occasions. There's nothing wrong with that if that's how fast Thanos's reactions are supposed to be.

I wouldn't say far more durable. Surfer zips through stars and rides the explosions of stars exploding. Thanos has similarly tanked stars exploding and essentially laughing it off.

Thanos isfar more durable than Silver Surfer. Point in case: Thanos tanked several of Odin's blasts whereas Silver Surfer was one-shotted. That's a clear indication of Thanos being far more durable than Silver Surfer.

Wally does not have zeptosecond reaction speed. Where is this coming from? I have Wally at pico second reaction speed. Not only would it be questionable for Thanos to tag Wally, but it would be questionable for him to tag CA or the SS as well.

Wally does have Zeptosecond reaction speeds. A feat of his was quantified by calculation at that time - though, a full detailed explanation was given on another thread. I think Wally beats Thanos so the question of Thanos tagging Wally doesn't pertain to me. Wally's not at Picosecond either - the slower Barry Allen is at Attosecond, hell Superman's had a Picosecond feat so the far faster Wally is much faster.

And I would term Surfer's reaction speed as "Nano -", less than a nano second.

Silver Surfer's speed isn't slower than a Nanosecond. He has on-panel, exact Nanosecond feats.

While it's true he does have a few so called nano second reaction feats, other showings indicate he probably faster than that. Light travels a smidge less than 12 inches in a nano second. His nano second feats have him moving/reacting faster than that. As well, he has a feat searching earth in the span of time it takes Doctor Strange to not quite complete two sentences. As well, blitzing Thanos from over a light year away and being able to react at that speed indicates his reaction time to be faster than just a nano second. However, as there are no definitely indicated feats in the pico second range for the Surfer, I don't know that that pico second speed could be awarded to him with a clean conscience.

Silver Surfer's speed feats come in the form if him traveling across a Galaxy at super-speeds and even longer distances. That's why Silver Surfer is so fast - and while he has Nanosecond reactions, there's nothing to suggest he has FTL combat speed. Combat speed is when a character can apply their speed in relevant combat. For example, Flash can throw millions of punches and blitz in short distances. His speed works in combat --- based on what Surfer's demonstrated in combat, he lacks FTL combat speed and the multiple xFTL speeds he often reaches are due to him gaining momentum over long travel.

He didn't even blitz Thanos either. He missed, though it was recently implied Thanos had prior time to react, that's not a valid combat speed feat. That's Surfer travelling light-years away and then returning by gaining speed in an attempt to snatch the I.G from Thanos. That's not relevant to this fight.

Furthermore, I did cite that Thanos tagged Gwen, who's faster than Surfer.

New 52 Captain Atom has one nano second reaction feat that I am aware of. So he is also fast enough to avoid getting touched by Thanos.

Well, if you can substantiate that feat with a scan or issue reference I'd like to see.

Silver Surfer, Captain Atom and Wally West's reaction is a vital factor because, PIS off, Thanos cannot touch any of these guys.

Thanos can tag Surfer. Surfer massively lacks relevant combat speed. Furthermore, as I've said, Thanos tagged a faster opponent.

The Surfer has several feats clearly indicating he can react at faster than light speeds. His consistency of reaction speed ranges over several decades. You've already mentioned the nano second feats. Here is a third faster than light reaction feat:

...This doesn't refute my point whatsoever.

That's literally how Surfer gains his speed. He has to travel massively long distances to gain speed. That's him traveling. Whereas on the other hand, Flash can reach those speeds without having to travel long distances. There's a difference between traveling a long distance at super speeds and applying it combat. Thor could probably travel FTL across long distances yet he can't fight at FTL speeds.

I don't know who "Gwen" is.

Allow me to inform you. Gyanmede, a character who's much faster than Silver Surfer, easily tags him whereas he struggles to even land on her.

Thanos pimp-smacked the same character.

But it sounds to me as if you are trying to dismiss any reaction feats the Surfer has on him being tagged by slower characters. Is that right? If that is the case, you should check your logic. If we go by your logic, then no one that has super speed could really say they have super-speed as all super fast characters have been tagged by other characters known not to have any super speed whatsoever.

No. I'm not dismissing his feats. I'm demonstrating the difference between combat speed and travel speed. Gwen tagging Surfer does not dismiss him either. Gyanmede blitzing Surfer indicates she is faster. Thanos tagging the character who blitzed Surfer (while she is attempting to blitz Thanos) heavily substantiates the view that Thanos can react to Silver Surfer: especially considering.

A) Silver Surfer has no notable combat speed feats

B) Thanos already stomped Silver Surfer

C) Thanos can deply an AOE to deal with, IF necessary (it won't be) Surfer's sub-par combat speed

Thanos does not need to have super-speed to react to a speedster either. That's flawed logic. Any fictional Cosmic powerhouse can be written to react to speedsters, depending on what tier they operate at.

Furthermore, you make the grave mistake of implying that Thanos is helpless against speedsters. While Wally's speed may prove too much for Thanos, sub-FTL combat speed can be countered with AOE (Area of Effect).

Though Surfer has never blitzed anyone in combat, with FTL speed and has been entirely unimpressive in that regard (combat speed); below you can see Thanos using AOE's to counter the speed dilemma.

Your logic is severely flawed and is exactly what the battle forum rules call PIS. Superman has super speed. Does he always, consistently use it? Has Superman been hit by slower opponents? All the time. Does that mean we dismiss the fact that he has super speed?

Not even comparable. Superman actually has very good combat speed. Let's see, shall we?

Blitzes Mongul. Blitzes Doomsday Rex. Blitzed Imperiex Probe.Blitzed Gog. Blitzed Gnarnite.

Oh, and he blitzed a Kryptonian strike team.

No Caption Provided

A) My logic is completely fine

B) It's not flawed either. You're not providing valid, credible evidence to your viewpoint

First of all, it did almost kill him. Second, if he can manipulate the energies of the crunch, which energies destroyed those, how did you put it..."Galactus level beings....", then he can manipulate the speed force. Additionally, Surfer has better energy manipulation feats than Captain Atom. If Atom can do it, then so can the Surfer.

I suggest you re-read my post. The feat can be interpreted as energy absorption rather than manipulation, with Surfer absorbing the crunch and offensively repelling it in an even more powerful form against the two beings (thus, why they took the blast worse than Surfer did). And my overreaching point is that Atom > Surfer in manipulating, which is why I cited the Speed Force feat as an actual, solid manipulation feat.

Don't be afraid. No need to be. Particularly when you are vastly mistaken on the FTL reaction speed. Scans were submitted above and you've mentioned the two nano second reaction feats out of your own mouth. There are others. And you are equally mistaken on Captain Atom's reaction speed. Check out Captain Atom 3.

I'm not ''vastly'' mistaken. There's a massive discrepancy between FTL combat speed and FTL travel speed. They are not interchangeable. And I've admitted that Surfer has Nanosecond feats, yes...but they only ever come into use when he travels long distances so the point is moot. In regards to Atom, that's a nice feat.

Said evidence in the form of feats has been provided above.

No. You informed me of Captain Atom's reactions, which I acknowledge as I had looked for some of his reaction feats. But for Surfer, you've got nothing in the form of FTL combat speed. Surfer travelling a long distance with his travel speed and failing to snatch the I.G from Thanos is not a feat.

And when has Thanos tagged a faster character than the Surfer? If he did, that would be PIS, since super speed is not in Thanos' repertoire of powers.

I've cited who Thanos tagged; and again, it's not really PIS. Gwen was probably sub-light speed, because Surfer's not FTL in combat.

Additionally, I provided scans of Captain Atom moving in a nano second. The scan below makes it clear he is even faster than Barry Allan.

No it doesn't. The below scan shows no such thing. He states ''your speed is an illusion'' and bends space and time to know where Flash will be; that's why his hand grasps at Flash and states he'll catch him before he's even moved. He also cuts him from the Speed Force. He was in no way faster than Barry. It was a case of Barry's speed being useless against someone who have perfect counter-measures to a DC speedster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Nope. It's not remotely PIS. Silver Surfer does not have FTL combat speed. If Thanos tags a character who isn't even that fast in combat, then it's undoubtedly not PIS. Furthermore, there's no good reason why Thanos can't have fast reactions. For example, Thanos has tagged someone who was moving at super-speeds, the same character who blitzed Silver Surfer on two occasions. There's nothing wrong with that if that's how fast Thanos's reactions are supposed to be.

It is PIS based on what your battle forum rules say:

"PIS and CIS

These are terms commonly used on battle forums on other sites and most of us know what they mean. For those who don’t, PIS is “plot induced stupidity” and CIS is “character induced stupidity”. PIS/”jobbing” is when a character loses for the sake of plot despite the fact that they should be able to win. CIS is when a character loses because an aspect of the character (usually a lack of intelligence) gets in his own way. Superman losing to Batman would be PIS is most cases since Superman is perfectly capable of beating Batman in a number of ways before he can react. Sandman losing to Spider-Man is CIS because Sandman isn’t all that smart so Spider-Man, who is less powerful and should be easy to beat, can outsmart him and find victory.

Determining what is done for the plot and what is done because of the characters involved can be hard for some people. Superman is a prime case. In comics, Superman rarely uses his speed offensively. This is done for plot, to prolong the story and make it interesting (though it can also be said that it's a part of his character and not done solely because it benefits the story). In comics, Superman doesn’t kill. He does not spare his enemies because of the plot, he spares them because it’s part of his character not to kill thanks to how he was raised. In battles on the forum we include CIS, but not PIS, so Superman uses his speed but generally doesn’t kill unless otherwise stated. (“Bloodlust”)

This kind of gets into “bad writing”. It’s a term that gets thrown around a lot but one I don’t think always applies. Not every fight where the more powerful/capable character loses is bad writing. Situations can determine the winner just as much as the characters themselves so those should be taken into account before judging if a win “should” have happened or not."

So, going by your logic, characters with super speed like Martian Manhunter, Superman and the Flash really don't have any reaction/combat speed because they have all been tagged by slower characters.

It is PIS that Thanos can tag the Surfer who has shown numerous over the top reaction feats. Conversely, Deathstroke has tagged Wally West, so should we assume Deathstroke can tag characters that react around the speed of light? I think not.

Thanos isfar more durable than Silver Surfer. Point in case: Thanos tanked several of Odin's blasts whereas Silver Surfer was one-shotted. That's a clear indication of Thanos being far more durable than Silver Surfer.

Define it any way you wish. Thanos is more durable. No one is arguing this. But far more durable? Lower feats have Thanos being de-atomized by some random gun in Thanos Imperative.

Wally does have Zeptosecond reaction speeds. A feat of his was quantified by calculation at that time - though, a full detailed explanation was given on another thread.

And said explanation would be wrong since there are no feats to support this.

I think Wally beats Thanos so the question of Thanos tagging Wally doesn't pertain to me. Wally's not at Picosecond either - the slower Barry Allen is at Attosecond, hell Superman's had a Picosecond feat so the far faster Wally is much faster.

Wally is at pico second. Produce the zepto second feat for Wally. I want to see it.

And if you are talking 52 Barry, he isn't even faster than light, how does he react in an atto second? That would be well beyond the speed of light, which Barry is not.

And Superman does not have pico second reaction time. I want the feats on that as well.

Silver Surfer's speed isn't slower than a Nanosecond. He has on-panel, exact Nanosecond feats.

"Nano -", as in a little less than nano, closer to pico second range. This would be based on taking a swipe at the infinity gauntlet at millions of times the speed of light and searching the earth for one guy in only seconds.

Silver Surfer's speed feats come in the form if him traveling across a Galaxy at super-speeds and even longer distances. That's why Silver Surfer is so fast - and while he has Nanosecond reactions, there's nothing to suggest he has FTL combat speed. Combat speed is when a character can apply their speed in relevant combat. For example, Flash can throw millions of punches and blitz in short distances. His speed works in combat --- based on what Surfer's demonstrated in combat, he lacks FTL combat speed and the multiple xFTL speeds he often reaches are due to him gaining momentum over long travel.

So, you've admitted several times now in fact, that Surfer has nano second reaction speed...but this doesn't translate to combat? Huh. Not sure how you appraise feats, but we disagree strongly on this point. It's logical if a character can do anything in terms of movement within that frame of time, this translates over to throwing a punch or whatever. And I've never seen Flash throw millions of punches.

The Surfer blitzing Thanos for the gauntlet is a perfect example of the difference between travelling long distances really fast and being to react at the same speed. The Surfer was a light year away, and in only a moment, he took a swipe at the gauntlet. He would not have been able to do that, ultimately reacting in an unbelievably small window of time, unless he could've reacted at that speed. I disagree with your appraisal.

He didn't even blitz Thanos either. He missed, though it was recently implied Thanos had prior time to react, that's not a valid combat speed feat. That's Surfer travelling light-years away and then returning by gaining speed in an attempt to snatch the I.G from Thanos. That's not relevant to this fight.

You're missing the point. He would not have been able to take a swipe at all at the gauntlet unless he could react in that small frame of time. Whatever the frame of time was for the Surfer to react, it was less than a nano second. By comparison, when the Surfer was in the macroverse, moving in a nano second, his movement was far more than just 12 inches. That is moving and reacting much faster than light. Similarly, blitzing Thanos from over a light year away and taking a swipe only a moment after the left harmonizes with his other faster than light reaction feats. His other nano second reaction feat, he wasn't even on his board.

No Caption Provided

Furthermore, I did cite that Thanos tagged Gwen, who's faster than Surfer.

Who is Gwen? Are you talking about Ganymede?

Well, if you can substantiate that feat with a scan or issue reference I'd like to see.

It's from Captain Atom 3. Captain Atom (from 52) is faster than Post Crisis Atom.

Thanos can tag Surfer. Surfer massively lacks relevant combat speed. Furthermore, as I've said, Thanos tagged a faster opponent.

Thanos has tagged Surfer. That is PIS as explained above. Surfer has demonstrated several FTL reaction feats over the years.

...This doesn't refute my point whatsoever.

That's literally how Surfer gains his speed. He has to travel massively long distances to gain speed. That's him traveling. Whereas on the other hand, Flash can reach those speeds without having to travel long distances. There's a difference between traveling a long distance at super speeds and applying it combat. Thor could probably travel FTL across long distances yet he can't fight at FTL speeds.

What gaining of speed? Dude was from over a light year away, and was on Thanos almost instantly. In fact, Thanos was getting ready to punch Cap out because his fist was raised to throw a punch. Yet, before he threw his punch the Surfer was on him. That is a reaction feat at massively FTL speeds.

Allow me to inform you. Gyanmede, a character who's much faster than Silver Surfer, easily tags him whereas he struggles to even land on her.

Show me one reaction feat that indicates Ganymede has FTL reflexes. Just one.

Thanos pimp-smacked the same character.

Then by your logic, Girder and Deathstroke who have all tagged Wally, they should be able to take out Hunter Zolomon.

That sound about right?

Your logic is obviously flawed.

No. I'm not dismissing his feats. I'm demonstrating the difference between combat speed and travel speed. Gwen tagging Surfer does not dismiss him either. Gyanmede blitzing Surfer indicates she is faster. Thanos tagging the character who blitzed Surfer (while she is attempting to blitz Thanos) heavily substantiates the view that Thanos can react to Silver Surfer: especially considering.

You think you are demonstrating the difference between combat speed and travel speed. You really aren't. And since I know for a fact you can't produce a single scan that clearly indicates Ganymede is FTL in reaction speed, then your notion that she is faster than Surfer is out the window.

A) Silver Surfer has no notable combat speed feats

Disagree. I've shown them. You have ignored them in error.

B) Thanos already stomped Silver Surfer

Gorilla Grodd and Girder have all stomped Wally too. That proves nothing in the way of their speed as it compares to Wally. Your logic is a little flawed.

C) Thanos can deply an AOE to deal with, IF necessary (it won't be) Surfer's sub-par combat speed

I'm sure he could. Does not negate the Surfer's clear FTL reaction speed.

Thanos does not need to have super-speed to react to a speedster either. That's flawed logic. Any fictional Cosmic powerhouse can be written to react to speedsters, depending on what tier they operate at.

No. Thanos does not need super speed to react to a speedster. He needs a plot driven story to tag a speedster. You're right. Any cosmic powerhouse can be written to react to speedsters. That is the battle forum rules textbook definition of PIS.

Furthermore, you make the grave mistake of implying that Thanos is helpless against speedsters. While Wally's speed may prove too much for Thanos, sub-FTL combat speed can be countered with AOE (Area of Effect).

An AoE energy strike may indeed destroy Wally. I would have to assume Thanos' AoE energy strike would have to be more than planetary in scale as Surfer has durability feats that are in excees of this. I don't think Atom can tank a massive energy strike from Thanos.

Though Surfer has never blitzed anyone in combat, with FTL speed and has been entirely unimpressive in that regard (combat speed)

You mean, aside from the plethora of other FTL reaction feats the Surfer has, including blitzing Thanos from over a mile away?

...below you can see Thanos using AOE's to counter the speed dilemma.

I'm fully aware of Thanos' arsenal of attacks. Thanos is capable of putting all three of these characters down. The question becomes how in a fight where each character is far faster than him.

Not even comparable. Superman actually has very good combat speed. Let's see, shall we?

Superman's combat speed isn't bad at all. But it's not FTL.

No Caption Provided

Also, Wonder Woman is not FTL, yet she is considered faster in reaction speed than Superman.

No Caption Provided

Blitzes Mongul. Blitzes Doomsday Rex. Blitzed Imperiex Probe.Blitzed Gog. Blitzed Gnarnite.

And which of these characters above is FTL exactly?

Oh, and he blitzed a Kryptonian strike team.

Yeah? How fast was that?

A) My logic is completely fine

Each to his own.

B) It's not flawed either. You're not providing valid, credible evidence to your viewpoint

Suit yourself. I've provided said credible evidence. You have provided illogical, unsatisfactory conclusions. No offense, but I'll stick to my own.

I suggest you re-read my post. The feat can be interpreted as energy absorption rather than manipulation, with Surfer absorbing the crunch and offensively repelling it in an even more powerful form against the two beings (thus, why they took the blast worse than Surfer did). And my overreaching point is that Atom > Surfer in manipulating, which is why I cited the Speed Force feat as an actual, solid manipulation feat.

I don't doubt Atom can manipulate the speed force. But the Surfer has decades worth of energy manipulation feats. Which is my point, but you seem to be dismissing by splitting some unseen hairs of some sort? Manipulate, absorb. Take your pick. Surfer has manipulated the energies of the crunch, he has absorbed energy from stars and many others. He can do the same as Atom, by manipulating the speed force.

I'm not ''vastly'' mistaken. There's a massive discrepancy between FTL combat speed and FTL travel speed. They are not interchangeable. And I've admitted that Surfer has Nanosecond feats, yes...but they only ever come into use when he travels long distances so the point is moot. In regards to Atom, that's a nice feat.

No one said they are interchangeable. You want me to believe that everything the Surfer has that is FTL is a travel feat. I've provided evidence to the contrary and you have dismissed it and drawn erroneous conclusions in the process.

No. You informed me of Captain Atom's reactions, which I acknowledge as I had looked for some of his reaction feats. But for Surfer, you've got nothing in the form of FTL combat speed. Surfer travelling a long distance with his travel speed and failingto snatch the I.G from Thanos is not a feat.

Failing to snatch the infinity gauntlet from a guy who had been forewarned it was coming and still barely managed to move out of the way.

From well over a light year away. If he could not react at that speed, we wouldn't have seen it happen. Below, we see the Surfer save Frankie Ray from a Skrull prison, behind two thick vibranium walls encrypted to explode. That means, the instant the walls are breached, the prison explodes.

There are several others. Keep in mind: the Surfer had to locate Frankie. He didn't know where in the prison she was. And the prison was set to blow upon breach. In the scan above, Superman could actually see what he was looking for.

I've cited who Thanos tagged; and again, it's not really PIS. Gwen was probably sub-light speed, because Surfer's not FTL in combat.

You should familiarize yourself with the battle forum rules and the characters. Ganymede is not FTL. The Surfer is in reaction speed and travel speed.

No it doesn't. The below scan shows no such thing. He states ''your speed is an illusion'' and bends space and time to know where Flash will be; that's why his hand grasps at Flash and states he'll catch him before he's even moved. He also cuts him from the Speed Force. He was in no way faster than Barry. It was a case of Barry's speed being useless against someone who have perfect counter-measures to a DC speedster.

He bends space and time....after Barry is already running at him. It is a reaction feat by Captain Atom consistent with the nano second feat above. And he did not cut him off from the speed force. Nowhere in that scan does it say what you are saying. Clearly, Atom can manipulate the speed force. As Surfer has many more feats manipulating energy and matter, including manipulating the energies of the crunch, which killed Aegis and Tenebrous, should be light work for him to manipulate the speed force as well.

I disagree wholeheartedly with basically everything you have said.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right this fight is against SS,Thanos, CA....

All have energy manipulating feats...but Thanos has used it more aggressively on a universal level consistently....

Manipulating the speed force should be childs play for these three...

But to indulge...only one has possibly shown the ability to do it...so Wally is still in the fight...

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos then Silver Surfer IMO.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By green_skaar

Thanos, SS/CA, WW

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By transcendence

Doctor Manhattan.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team 1

ShotaYamaguchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it to Thanos, he's close to Pre Crisis Darkseid power and he got the whole immortality thing coming back after his kryptonite man Drax kills him twice. Thanos area of attack blast would wipe out planets, he has better telepathy feats than Grodd and he's got a bunch of other powers like black magic, tech enhancesments, cosmic amped punch, BFR or teleporting. Atom, Flash and Surfer might give him a fight but the way this battle is set up Thanos will come out on top, Thanos is durable enough to tank attacks from Skyfather levels like Tyrant, Odin and so on.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have to choose when to act against an opponent who can mover faster than you ever could fathom, how exactly can you act?

Which is why its sooo painful to deal with Flash debates. It's like people are wilfully dense to the fact that you can't react to something that's moving faster than you can comprehend.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally > Thanos > Surfer > Captain Atom (New 52)

Wally now how's the abilities to completely stop time.

Ik the popular (and only) argument against him is Nathanial manipulated the "molecules" of the speedforce within Barry Allen.. there are a few things to note about that instance:

1) That entire scenario didn't really happen, it was a dream sequence in Magellas mind

2) Nathanial only manipulated the speedforce in Barry hence saying "your" speedforce instead of "the" speedforce

3) Nathanial has limited pre-cog which Dondave already proved is not full blown pre-cog and no where near cosmic awareness level. Fighting a morals on New 52 Barry Allen in a dream sequence is nothing compared to fighting Wally West.

Why? Wally is more powerful than Barry, Wally is faster than Barry, Wally has zeptosecond reaction feats which is greater than Nates nanosecond feats and even Barry's attosecond feats. Wally has never been fully cut off from the speedforce save 1 time by a reality warper and even then it wasn't permanent. In fact, characters designed specifically to corrupt or even cut him off from his power have failed. Wally stated on 2 separate occasions that he mainlines from the speedforce and has a direct link to it. Nates not cutting him off.

4) Barry Allen is as close to Wally West as Dick is to Bruce Wayne..

Finally, and the biggest argument is that Captain Atom stated he can bend space and time, which is impressive but not nearly as much as completely stopping time. Which, as of the past 2 Titans rebirth issues, Wally West can now do.

In short, Wally's overall vast superior speed to the Barry Allen Captain Atom fought, along with his reaction times, ability not to be cut off from the speed force (unlike Barry who had multiple times), the Speedsteal/lend and his newer (even if not completely controlled) ability to completely stop time, he has too many ways to win here.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By diydeath

Additionally, since we're allowing amped feats, does that mean we can use Earth 22 Wally West? Because the guy is so fast he's faux omnipresent. In essence Earth 22 Wally West IS the speed force.

Dave_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here comes the wally west fanboys who think he's a abstract being.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#144  Edited By termiteone4ever

That version of CAP Atom is too Powerful. Thanos is not on that level.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like that Earth 22 Wally West was so fast he was everywhere at once. But yeah, let's throw the baby out with the bath water! Even if we discount Earth 22 Wally West and just stick with pre-crisis Wally West, that Wally is far faster than Thanos, SS or CA and since this is bloodlusted Wally that mean's he's starting this fight at maximum speed. CA, SS and Thanos won't have time to process a though before they've been BFR'd, speed stolen or had their brains phased out of their body.

Even as fast as SS and CA are, even with CA pre-cog...they still have to think in order to iuse those abilities and Wally thinks much faster than any of them.

Dave_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:

More like that Earth 22 Wally West was so fast he was everywhere at once. But yeah, let's throw the baby out with the bath water! Even if we discount Earth 22 Wally West and just stick with pre-crisis Wally West, that Wally is far faster than Thanos, SS or CA and since this is bloodlusted Wally that mean's he's starting this fight at maximum speed. CA, SS and Thanos won't have time to process a though before they've been BFR'd, speed stolen or had their brains phased out of their body.

Even as fast as SS and CA are, even with CA pre-cog...they still have to think in order to iuse those abilities and Wally thinks much faster than any of them.

I'll admit surfer and thanos can't really do anything to wally but wally isn't speed stealing captain atom or bfr'ing him.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:

I'll admit surfer and thanos can't really do anything to wally but wally isn't speed stealing captain atom or bfr'ing him.

Let's cover this specifically. Why wouldn't speed steal work on CA? If you're implying his powerset would allow him to no sell it via his power use which is totally fair and makes sense wouldn't that require CA to be aware of what's happening and make a conscious decision?

Are there CA feats showing that his matter manipulation happens automatically as a self defense mechanism or feats showing he can think and react as fast as Wally West? Because I just don't see any winner here except Wally unless the opponents can actually comprehend what Wally is doing, then react to it.

Dave_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:
@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:

Let's cover this specifically. Why wouldn't speed steal work on CA? If you're implying his powerset would allow him to no sell it via his power use which is totally fair and makes sense wouldn't that require CA to be aware of what's happening and make a conscious decision?

Are there CA feats showing that his matter manipulation happens automatically as a self defense mechanism or feats showing he can think and react as fast as Wally West? Because I just don't see any winner here except Wally unless the opponents can actually comprehend what Wally is doing, then react to it.

How would wally's speed steal work on a being that's quantum energy?

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:
@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:

He's stealing the kinetic and potential energy of the target. Quantum energy still has potential energy, does it not?

Dave_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:
@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:
@diydeath said:
@dave_east said:

He's stealing the kinetic and potential energy of the target. Quantum energy still has potential energy, does it not?

Wally steals kinetic energy and when has wally been shown to speed someone thats Quantum energy?