• 66 results
#1 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulsar enters the fight in energy form as usual.

caption
vs
caption
#2 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed steal ftw.

Go Flash.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (218006 posts) - - Show Bio
The Flash should be able to defeat Photon
#4 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

That being said, Photon is freaking awesome.

#5 Posted by SeSAW (3695 posts) - - Show Bio

Monica wins this

#6 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Flash need to be near someone to steal his speed?
Monica could beat him by using range attacks. In fact she is one of the very few beings I can see winning Flash as she can move at lightspeed.

#7 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Speed steal ftw.

Go Flash."
I don't think he can. He wasn't able to steal
#8 Posted by Tevnoba (3449 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Zoom said:
"Speed steal ftw.

Go Flash."
I don't think he can. He wasn't able to steal Velocity from Cyberforce speed. I think he can only take it from those who use the speed force. But I could be wrong. "
True
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Monica wins.

#10 Posted by Rapist (192 posts) - - Show Bio

flash

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?
#12 Posted by Rapist (192 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
cant he just steal her speed?
#13 Posted by Rapist (192 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
cant he just steal her speed?
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
cant he just steal her speed?"
He could..but would he? He doesn't know how fast she is.And he would probably hold back because she's female.
#15 Edited by Rapist (192 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
He could..but would he? He doesn't know how fast she is.And he would probably hold back because she's female."
yeah i guess he might hold back. but if he doesnt, he takes this
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
He could..but would he? He doesn't know how fast she is.And he would probably hold back because she's female."
yeah i guess he might hold back. but if he doesnt, he takes this"
But that is Flash's personality and even though he can steal the speed from others I don't think he can do it to Monica when she's pure energy.
#17 Posted by One-Above-All (471 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Alpha said:
"Zoom said:
"Speed steal ftw.

Go Flash."
I don't think he can. He wasn't able to steal Velocity from Cyberforce speed. I think he can only take it from those who use the speed force. But I could be wrong. "
True"
Flash was able to steal the speed from Velocity, who I don't think has anything to do with the speed force.

#18 Posted by One-Above-All (471 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
He didn't hold back against Velocity.
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-All said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
He didn't hold back against Velocity."
That was for writing and he had good reason not to hold back.He doesn't know Monica or what she can do so I know he's not going to give her his best shot from the start.
#20 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1178 posts) - - Show Bio

well does he need to touch her if he does he won't steal anything.
Needles to say that Monica enters most battles flying...

#21 Edited by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"well does he need to touch her if he does he won't steal anything.
Needles to say that Monica enters most battles flying..."
Yes..she does.I really don't see how Flash wins.
#22 Posted by Alpha (8097 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-All said:
"Tevnoba said:
"Alpha said:
"Zoom said:
"Speed steal ftw.

Go Flash."
True"
Flash was able to steal the speed from Velocity, who I don't think has anything to do with the speed force.

"

Didn't the next panel with those two show that he wasn't able to do it? She continued moving and he was surprised. Or am I remembering it wrong?
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon takes this.

#24 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
But that is Flash's personality and even though he can steal the speed from others I don't think he can do it to Monica when she's pure energy."
I don't see why not.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Rapist said:
"flash"
Any reason why?"
But that is Flash's personality and even though he can steal the speed from others I don't think he can do it to Monica when she's pure energy."
I don't see why not."
I don't see why...
#26 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Stealing speed is one of his powers.

I mean, you can say you don't see why he should be able to do it to energy beings or aliens or people with red hair but until the limitation or a similar limitation has actually been shown, you normally don't just assume it exists.

I don't remember him encountering an enemy that he couldn't steal speed from save Zoom and Photon's powers are much more similar to his own than Zoom's.

#27 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

Stealing speed is one of his powers.

I mean, you can say you don't see why he should be able to do it to energy beings or aliens or people with red hair but until the limitation or a similar limitation has actually been shown, you normally don't just assume it exists.

I don't remember him encountering an enemy that he couldn't steal speed from save Zoom and Photon's powers are much more similar to his own than Zoom's.

#28 Edited by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Stealing speed is one of his powers.

I don't remember him encountering an enemy that he couldn't steal speed from save Zoom and Photon's powers are much more similar to his own than Zoom's."
How does it work though...how does he steal speed.What does he have to do to steal it..does he have to touch her or what?
Photon's powers are nothing like Zoom's.....AT ALL.
#29 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio

That's what I was saying.  Her powers are nothing like Zoom's.  No reason to believe she can prevent her speed from being stolen like Zoom can.

#30 Edited by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"That's what I was saying.  Her powers are nothing like Zoom's.  No reason to believe she can prevent her speed from being stolen like Zoom can."
I don't know whether she can or can't not did I say so...I was asking in the first place.It's obvious nobody knows for sure..but I still think she beats him.I do see any reason why he would steal her speed right off because...he has no idea she has super speed also she is around his speed in flight..what is he going to do against that? Also what does he do to steal speed...does he have to touch her or just be near her?
#31 Posted by SeSAW (3695 posts) - - Show Bio

F speed go research all monica's powers. She takes this easily

#32 Posted by Static Shock (48050 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Monica here. Flash does have the ability to steal speed or momentum from objects, preferably living things or inanimate objects that are in motion. So, he has to be able to touch something to steal the speed. If Monica is in her light energy form, then he wouldn't be able to steal anything. Light is intangible.

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I'm gonna say Monica here. Flash does have the ability to steal speed or momentum from objects, preferably living things or inanimate objects that are in motion. So, he has to be able to touch something to steal the speed. If Monica is in her light energy form, then he wouldn't be able to steal anything. Light is intangible."
I agree with this.
#34 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"I'm gonna say Monica here. Flash does have the ability to steal speed or momentum from objects, preferably living things or inanimate objects that are in motion. So, he has to be able to touch something to steal the speed. If Monica is in her light energy form, then he wouldn't be able to steal anything. Light is intangible."
So is the Flash when he wants to be.
#35 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1178 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Static Shock said:
So is the Flash when he wants to be."
How long can he vibrate his molecules like that though?
#36 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"Zoom said:
"Static Shock said:
So is the Flash when he wants to be."
How long can he vibrate his molecules like that though?"

Hell if I know.  I don't think he's ever needed to vibrate longer than he could.  It's a pretty simple trick, though.  Impulse/Kid Flash did it pretty regularly.  Professor Zoom used it all the time and he doesn't have the speed force mastery that Wally does.
#37 Posted by Static Shock (48050 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"So is the Flash when he wants to be."

This doesn't help him steal her speed, though.
#38 Posted by SeSAW (3695 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually this is an easy win for her as shes pretty fast herself and has many other ways to put him down.

#39 Posted by clownprinceofcrime1995 (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#40 Posted by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Flash doesn't need to touch her to steal her speed.
  2. Her speed is irrelevant being that he is much faster than her.
#41 Posted by pooty (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

If she starts in energy form most likely he can't see her. Flash won't even know where to attack. Unless he now has the power to see invisible light.

#42 Posted by Doom_Phd (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol photon power set isn't something new to flash.

Plus seems everyone here is forgetting something.

1) Flash is a powerful time manipulator

2) Flash is a powerful kinetic energy manipulator, energy form or not once you are moving you have kinetic energy.

3) Flash rearrange molecules into different things he has done this before to objects.

#43 Posted by highaccuser (10519 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

#44 Posted by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@wardemon32 said:

If she starts in energy form most likely he can't see her. Flash won't even know where to attack. Unless he now has the power to see invisible light.

Why would we start her in energy form? We might as well start Flash off in his energy form also or intangible. And she turns invisible? I assume you mean that she moves so fast that light doesn't have the chance to reflect off of her. Or do you mean light such as gamma rays or infrared?

And if she ends up turning invisible he can do something simple. Speedsteal.

#45 Posted by pooty (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32: Um, the OP says she starts in energy form. Most energy is invisible to the human eye. I have never seen Flash start a battle by speed stealing an entire area because he can't see his opponent. Is it in character for him to start with speed steal? Any scans?

#46 Edited by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@wardemon32: Um, the OP says she starts in energy form. Most energy is invisible to the human eye. I have never seen Flash start a battle by speed stealing an entire area because he can't see his opponent. Is it in character for him to start with speed steal? Any scans?

There was never really a time he needed to speed steal an opponent because he can't see an opponent. Off of the top of my head he tried it against Zoom(first attack) and Cheetah since they were extremely fast, and Girder as an opening attack which kind of fits the description here.

Unfortunately, I can't upload any scans since I no longer have a phone(which is how I upload scans).

#47 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally wins. The fact she begins in her energy form doesn't really help her since she's still visible as energy. In any event Wally has the reaction time to notice her if she attempts an attack, and then he has the ability to immobilize her. Without the speedsteal this is a much more interesting fight. But I'd still choose THE Flash given his vibrational abilitis.

#48 Posted by pooty (12745 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32:

Wally wins. The fact she begins in her energy form doesn't really help her since she's still visible as energy. In any event Wally has the reaction time to notice her if she attempts an attack, and then he has the ability to immobilize her. Without the speedsteal this is a much more interesting fight. But I'd still choose THE Flash given his vibrational abilitis.

She is not visible as energy according to her Official Bio and science (: so i don't see why he would notice her attacking. and Wally has consistently been hit by slower attacks to think he can dodge all her invisible light speed attacks or vibrate through them all

#49 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4565 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: lol I like you too much to debate science in a comic book thread debating her being visible or not. But Wally, when not hindered by PIS, is smart enough to know that if he can't see his opponent he would need to be vibrating so as not to be harmed physically. Assuming she'd want to physically harm him she'd herself need to be a physical part of the universe. Even then, he steals speed. As soon as she made her presence known, he would have won the fight.

#50 Posted by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

We know she's not visible. But is she invisible because she is fast? But if he is attacked he would know that she's there. He should already know being that this is a battle anyways. Wally has been hit by slower attacks because he has to be hit by slower attacks. And if he is running FTL how is she attacking him then?