#1 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan.
                                                   Versus
Hulk.
Setting:

Sahara desert, fight to the death.

Who wins?
#2 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH. Vulcan couldn't take Gladiator. Not to mention Vulcan is an energy manipulator, and Hulk has proven extremely resistant to all sorts of energy attacks, including Sentry going all-out on him.

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"WWH. Vulcan couldn't take Gladiator. Not to mention Vulcan is an energy manipulator, and Hulk has proven extremely resistant to all sorts of energy attacks, including Sentry going all-out on him."

This is a one on one fight: when Vulcan was fighting Gladiator, he was also fighting the remaining Imperial Gaurd.

Isn't electrogmanetic radiation energy?
#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He fought Gladiator 1-1 and couldn't touch him. Also, you could argue that Vulcan could beat anybody by manipulating their brain's electrical impulses. His powers are not that refined, IMO.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"He fought Gladiator 1-1 and couldn't touch him. Also, you could argue that Vulcan could beat anybody by manipulating their brain's electrical impulses. His powers are not that refined, IMO."
No I agree that they not, but he'd be able to manipulate the gamma radiation which the Hulk emmits.
#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's the proof of this? What are you basing it on? If Doctor Strange, Reed Richards, Iron Man, et al. couldn't find a way, what makes you think Vulcan could?

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Where's the proof of this? What are you basing it on? If Doctor Strange, Reed Richards, Iron Man, et al. couldn't find a way, what makes you think Vulcan could?"

Doctor Strange was effectively disabled, BB was a Skrull, RR's power is useless, At the end of the day Iron Man is jsut a man in a hi-tech suit of armour: not to mention that they were put in collars.

The proof is in that Vulcan is an Omega-level mutant who can manipulate energy.
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

What I mean is that all the big brains and heavy hitters on earth couldn't find a way to stop him. If it was as simple as manipulating radiation, Reed or Tony would have figured it out. I don't think Vulcan stands a chance. There are many energy manipulators who couldn't do anything to WWHulk. Vulcan being an energy manipulator isn't proof of anything.

#9 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"What I mean is that all the big brains and heavy hitters on earth couldn't find a way to stop him. If it was as simple as manipulating radiation, Reed or Tony would have figured it out. I don't think Vulcan stands a chance. There are many energy manipulators who couldn't do anything to WWHulk. Vulcan being an energy manipulator isn't proof of anything."

Vulcan being an energy manipulator who can draw energy from a star is.
#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

So why couldn't he manipulate Gladiator's energy? Surely his heat vision should be easy enough for him to control.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"So why couldn't he manipulate Gladiator's energy? Surely his heat vision should be easy enough for him to control."

What did his heat vision do?
#12 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

It burns stuff. Same as Superman's. Hulk forced it back into his own eyes with his hand once.

#13 Posted by Demonic Reaper (29 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH has this one in my book.

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"It burns stuff. Same as Superman's. Hulk forced it back into his own eyes with his hand once."

I mean what did it do during the fight with Vulcan.
#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't even have to use it. He plucked his eye out and KO'd him.

#16 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"He didn't even have to use it. He plucked his eye out and KO'd him."

Yeah that's what I thought.

Hulk's not Gladiator: he can't fly and he doesn't have heat vision.
#17 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

And yet you think manipulating Hulk's radiation would be easier than manipulating Gladiator's heat vision? That would put Vulcan near SS in terms of energy manipulation. I don't see it happening. Gladiator beat Vulcan with physical force, and that's hat WWH would do too.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan has never manipulated G's heat Vision...

But the limits of Vulcan's powers are not yet known.
In "Emperor Vulcan" both he and Havok were able to obtain energy from a star to defeat this bug thing... if he could do that with Hulk he'd kill him.

#19 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He's never manipulated Hulk in any way either. And they defeated the M'Kraan/Scy'Ar Tal by cutting off the Eldest One's connection to his brethren. It had nothing to do with absorbing energy from a star.

#20 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

In theory, Vulcan can switch off of redirect the gamma energy produced in the Hulk's cells, thus preventing the 'power' getting to his muscles and potentially switching off the Hulk form.
There is support for his ability to control energy in another's body (especially one with such a distinct electromagnetic energy type - gamma rays) as he has manipulated the psionic energy in another brain.

He did this with Marvel Girl when he originally captured Marvel Girl and Cyclops. He simply flicked the on switch in her head and remotely controlled her projection of her power.
Although not the same, it provides some indication that this feat is not beyond his ability to accomplish.

Here's a quote from the online Marvel Universe site, "Vulcan has thus far demonstrated the psionic ability to control energy, this allows him to project radiation along the electromagnetic spectrum, control magnetism, conduct electrical energy, generate heat, control Cyclops' energy beams, and the ability to control the psionic abilities of others. He has also acquired the abilities of his teammates Petra (geokinesis), Darwin (advanced adaptation), and Sway (time manipulation) after his revival."

#21 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, this is WWH. If there was a way to "shut him off", don't you think someone on earth would have figured it out? Reed Richards has staved off Galactus, but he couldn't do anything to WWH, and he's been studying his condition for YEARS, along with Pym, Beast, and many others. Vulcan also only ever displayed said ability to control the psionic abilities of others in Deadly Genesis. He was unable to do the same to Oracle of the Imperial Guard, who I would assume is not as strong as Rachel. He also didn't repeat the feat against Rachel in Emperor Vulcan.

In theory, Vulcan could do almost anything. It would be much easier for him to simply shut everyone brains off rather than expend huge amounts of power, don't you think? Instead he uses energy blasts and the like to try and overpower opponents. As I said before, Gladiator had no trouble taking him out with physical force, and he is an energy wielder. I think Hulk would take the best shot Vulcan had, then knock his block off.
#22 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg said:

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Sentry couldn't do..I don't see how Vulcan can.

#24 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"If the Sentry couldn't do..I don't see how Vulcan can."
Control, not power, can enable people to win against stronger foes.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Control of the self or control of something else?
#26 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Control of the self or control of something else?"
Control of the electromagnetic power (gamma radiation) that powers the Hulk.
The Sentry cannot control this form of radiation. Vulcan can.
#27 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
I think World War Hulk would beat Vulcan
#28 Posted by Swagga Boy (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I think World War Hulk would beat Vulcan
"
#30 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"I think World War Hulk would beat Vulcan
"
"
#31 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH

#32 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan wins. He can control physical attacks to not do as much damage as they should. If you guys are comparing gladiator to Hulk thats stupid because Gladiator is faster and a lot more stronger and durable. Any body fighting gladiator should have trouble even an elder ego the living planet.

Seeing as how he can control energy and suppress powers of other beings well mutants really he can stop Hulks brain from functioning. He wouldn't be able to pull this off on a fast being  but he could do it to Hulk.

#33 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
" If you guys are comparing gladiator to Hulk thats stupid because Gladiator is faster and a lot more stronger and durable."
And yet, Gladiator didn't use super speed or durability to defeat Vulcan... he just plucked out his eye, and then punched him in the face, knocking him out.
#34 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"zee crusher said:
" If you guys are comparing gladiator to Hulk thats stupid because Gladiator is faster and a lot more stronger and durable."
And yet, Gladiator didn't use super speed or durability to defeat Vulcan... he just plucked out his eye, and then punched him in the face, knocking him out."
Why would he really need his speed then? He say how he could easily defeat him which is why he didn't throw so much effort in it. Something tells me you must really like Hulk.
#35 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Why would he really need his speed then? He say how he could easily defeat him which is why he didn't throw so much effort in it. Something tells me you must really like Hulk."
Something tells you completely wrong.
#36 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"zee crusher said:
"Why would he really need his speed then? He say how he could easily defeat him which is why he didn't throw so much effort in it. Something tells me you must really like Hulk."
Something tells you completely wrong."

And so it will begin.....
#37 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio
Uh Oh

lol
#38 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Control of the self or control of something else?"
Control of the electromagnetic power (gamma radiation) that powers the Hulk.
The Sentry cannot control this form of radiation. Vulcan can."
The hulk would adapt too quickly and his body produces far too much Gamma Radiation to be siphoned off.  Others have tried, I'll try to get a list, and failed.  Absorbing Man and Rogue and they were overpowered - and that was a long time ago also Darwin tried to absorb his radiation, but the hulk just produced too much..  The hulk is producing far too much Gamma Radiation in WWH.  Please keep in mind that Hulks gamma production is not a psionic ability but a unique phenomenon in him and he will adapt to someone trying to manipulate it.  Also, even though Vulcan is said to be able to control Electromagnetic Radiation along the spectrum, I do not recall him ever manipulating Cosmic Energy or Gamma Energy before (if he did please post panel or give comic/issue so I can look it up).
#39 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"zee crusher said:
Something tells you completely wrong."
Yet you think a big brute who can only yell and throw his fist like a young child can beat a guy who has been known to take down the entire imperial guard. Hulk couldn't even handle Sentry.
#40 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope you guys aren't referring to the end of WWH, where Hulk actually took out Sentry (even if he was only using a "meagre proportion of his power"), and then changed back, and are instead referring to a different instance of WWH and Sentry battling eachother.

#41 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"I really hope you guys aren't referring to the end of WWH, where Hulk actually took out Sentry (even if he was only using a "meagre proportion of his power"), and then changed back, and are instead referring to a different instance of WWH and Sentry battling eachother."
I'm just stating Hulks bad moments. Hulk is strong and all but against a guy like Vulcan who is way to ruthless for Hulk is a mix match. Its like Hulk fighting wolverine who suddenly became omnipotent. With out the claws.  Sentry was using the full power when he fought Hulk. The only thing he wasn't doing was using his speed. If he had used his speed he would have probably taken less hits. Since he didn't he made the same mistake onslaught made. Which was go toe to toe with a man who weighs over 1,032 pounds and now lifts over 100 tons.
#42 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Sparda said:
"I really hope you guys aren't referring to the end of WWH, where Hulk actually took out Sentry (even if he was only using a "meagre proportion of his power"), and then changed back, and are instead referring to a different instance of WWH and Sentry battling eachother."
I'm just stating Hulks bad moments. Hulk is strong and all but against a guy like Vulcan who is way to ruthless for Hulk is a mix match. Its like Hulk fighting wolverine who suddenly became omnipotent. With out the claws.  Sentry was using the full power when he fought Hulk. The only thing he wasn't doing was using his speed. If he had used his speed he would have probably taken less hits. Since he didn't he made the same mistake onslaught made. Which was go toe to toe with a man who weighs over 1,032 pounds and now lifts over 100 tons."
Eh, I don't really care about the battle here (Dunno anything about Vulcan), I was just clearing something up.
#43 Posted by Pallu Project (522 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"What I mean is that all the big brains and heavy hitters on earth couldn't find a way to stop him. If it was as simple as manipulating radiation, Reed or Tony would have figured it out. I don't think Vulcan stands a chance. There are many energy manipulators who couldn't do anything to WWHulk. Vulcan being an energy manipulator isn't proof of anything."
I could not read past this without agreeing entirly. If it was as simple as that.. Bruce banner would not be the hulk anymore in the first place. He would have figured it out.
#44 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Pallu Project said:
"Korg said:
I could not read past this without agreeing entirly. If it was as simple as that.. Bruce banner would not be the hulk anymore in the first place. He would have figured it out."

That's not to say that Vulcan couldn't stop him.
#45 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"zee crusher said:
"Sparda said:
I'm just stating Hulks bad moments. Hulk is strong and all but against a guy like Vulcan who is way to ruthless for Hulk is a mix match. Its like Hulk fighting wolverine who suddenly became omnipotent. With out the claws.  Sentry was using the full power when he fought Hulk. The only thing he wasn't doing was using his speed. If he had used his speed he would have probably taken less hits. Since he didn't he made the same mistake onslaught made. Which was go toe to toe with a man who weighs over 1,032 pounds and now lifts over 100 tons."
Eh, I don't really care about the battle here (Dunno anything about Vulcan), I was just clearing something up."
Oh lol My bad. Do you want to see what Vulcan can really do?
#46 Posted by Dirge_ (20 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Sparda said:
"zee crusher said:
"Sparda said:
Eh, I don't really care about the battle here (Dunno anything about Vulcan), I was just clearing something up."
Oh lol My bad. Do you want to see what Vulcan can really do?"

Yeah, sure (Sparda here).
#47 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
"Korg said:
Last time I checked The big brains on earth have taken down hulk with sleeping gas. Yes they throw little bombs and put a man who weighs over 800 pounds to sleep. They have also made serums that would revert him back to bruce. Usually though they don't waste time on a guy like Hulk trying to figure out a cure when you have to fight bad guys like thanos who want to destroy the entire universe for lady death who is cheating on you with a guy named Walker who is also a death god and just killed his entire galaxy for her and she didn't except it!!!!

Anyways back on topic vulcan can pwn any of those people you named there. Last time I checked in wwh there were barely any energy manipulators did marvel give you your own special series or something? There isn't really any energy manipulator like Vulcan in marvel earth or WWH. If that was the case Hulk wouldn't have made it past Vulcan due to all the kinetic energy he would be using.
#48 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
The hulk would adapt too quickly and his body produces far too much Gamma Radiation to be siphoned off.  Others have tried, I'll try to get a list, and failed.  Absorbing Man and Rogue and they were overpowered - and that was a long time ago also Darwin tried to absorb his radiation, but the hulk just produced too much..  The hulk is producing far too much Gamma Radiation in WWH.  Please keep in mind that Hulks gamma production is not a psionic ability but a unique phenomenon in him and he will adapt to someone trying to manipulate it.  Also, even though Vulcan is said to be able to control Electromagnetic Radiation along the spectrum, I do not recall him ever manipulating Cosmic Energy or Gamma Energy before (if he did please post panel or give comic/issue so I can look it up)."
We are not talking about siphoning off the energy but blocking or better yet redirecting the flow of the gamma energy.
Those listed were trying to absorb all the energy that the Hulk can produce. A big flaw in their plan.
Their plan is more like a hammer in operation against the scaple that Vulcan's can be.
Vulcan, even as a IOmega level mutant, will likely have limits to his power but a clever use of them need not rely on overall power.
He could attempt to redirect the gamma energy from 1 area of the hulks body to another. For example, direct the flow away from his chest region. Without the gamma energy present there, the Hulk's form might transform (at least that region) back to Banners or at least be weaker / less durable. Vulcan could deliver a powerful energy blast to this region and without an influx of gamma radiation, the Hulk's regenerative abilities might not be up to the task of the repair.
Alternatively perhaps Vulvan could redirect massive amounts of radiation to one area of the Hulk's body and attempt to overload it.
He has many options.

I am fully aware that the Hulk's energy is not psionic. It is not a unique phenomenon as others also have the same 'affliction' (She-Hulk for example).
His body might try to adapt to the manipulation but if you can show me where he has adapted to the energy manipulation abilities of an omega level mutant please post the comic issue so I can look it up.....

Vulcan can control the energies of the EM spectrum. Last time I checked, gamma radition was part of that spectrum. Therefore he can control it. Has Magneto been shown to manipulate every energy form in the EM spectrum in comics - not that I recall, but we all assume he can as Marvel says he can (see below). Therefore it is not a stretch to say that Vulcan can control the entire range of EM radiation either.

(Quote from Marvel Universe: Although Magneto’s primary power is control over magnetism, he can also project or manipulate any form of energy that is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, including visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays, and x-rays. However, Magneto almost always uses only magnetism, since it’s more difficult for him to manipulate other forms of energy.)
#49 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
BUMP
#50 Edited by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH, later for all that other jazz Gladiator knocked out Vulcan. and Hulk has creamed Gladiator twice, plus Hulk has beaten people with better energy manipulation than his. WWH FTW