• No prep
  • Fight to death or KO
  • No morals bloodlusted
  • No knowledge on each other
  • Fight takes place in the Avengers Masion living room
  • 10 meters apart

Which Mutant wins?

#2 Posted by LordVulcan (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan. Dude lives through black bolts screams. Mags can't keep him down.

#3 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2013 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan

#4 Posted by New_World_Order (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordVulcan said:

That could have been because he absorbed the energy of the scream, so it would be less powerful.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

Polaris was able to incapacitate Vulcan, forcing him to retreat.

... yeah, Magneto's got this.

#6 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan

#7 Posted by Edamame (27969 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Vulcan should be able to win due to the fact that he is an energy manipulator of a very high scale, but battlefield evidence clearly shows his incompetence. I can't recall if Vulcan had experience with electromagnetic energy, though.

#8 Posted by Juiceboks (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are pretty high up there on the energy manipulation scale, though Vulcan is still both literally and figuratively on a whole nother level. Then again Magneto has shown a great control of EM energy which Vulcan hasnt as far as I know. I give it to Vulcan.

#9 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, with no PIS/CIS and as long as we're talking about Magneto and not "Job-neto" this could be a great battle. It may come down to who has greater mastery over their powers. It's difficult to say who'd be the more powerful. I leaning towards Mags tho as he's displayed better control over his abilities over the years.

#10 Posted by LordVulcan (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: that's more Vulcan being cocky as hell. When he goes up against a sentinel made to kill omega class mutants he just shuts it down. I at least think knows when to stop ducking around

#11 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Polaris was able to incapacitate Vulcan, forcing him to retreat.

... yeah, Magneto's got this.

Thank you!

Yeah, Magneto can take him.

#12 Posted by dondave (34438 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10008 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Magneto

Agreed. As the post above mentions Vulcan's standard uniform is metal so Magneto, even weakened as he is today, should still be able to kill Vulcan by magnetically crushing his body with his costume armor.

#14 Posted by comic_book_fan (5263 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto can do almost everything vulcan can do and he is smarter on how to use his powers i say he wins this .

#15 Posted by Edamame (27969 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordVulcan said:

@Edamame: that's more Vulcan being cocky as hell. When he goes up against a sentinel made to kill omega class mutants he just shuts it down. I at least think knows when to stop ducking around

Personality can certainly influence a combatant's performance in any particular battle. In the case of arrogance, pride always comes before the fall.

I actually recall that scene in which he engaged those Sentinels. Wasn't he also controlling Rachel Summers and Cyclops at that particular time?

#16 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3418 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThunderGodsWrath

@LordVulcan said:

That could have been because he absorbed the energy of the scream, so it would be less powerful.

No...if he absorbed the energy of the scream. It wouldn't have done damage at all
#17 Posted by LordVulcan (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: I just remember that he mostly shut down Rachel summer brain. No signals to the rest of her body so she couldn't fight back. Some reason she lived. I just remember Cyclops getting stomped.

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

@ThunderGodsWrath

@LordVulcan said:

No...if he absorbed the energy of the scream. It wouldn't have done damage at all

Maybe he didn't get time too, or couldn't absorb the full power blast of Black Bolt, because he was too powerful.

#19 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

power wise vulcan is up by a large margin

but if we take into account of feats, vulcan is a jobber

#20 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@dondave said:

Magneto

Agreed. As the post above mentions Vulcan's standard uniform is metal so Magneto, even weakened as he is today, should still be able to kill Vulcan by magnetically crushing his body with his costume armor.

Agreed

#21 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#22 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Both could beat each other, but it's all depends on the character.

By raw power, Vulcan can theoretically do everything Magneto can do.

But Magneto is more experienced, and have better control of his power.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#24 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto,,,with his control of the electro magnetic spectrum he would rip him to pieces

#25 Edited by NeonGameWave (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto.