vulcan

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ThaMessenger07

Umm....the pic wont help choose this battle fairly but I personally believe Rayner could take Vulcan unless this is Vulcan with Darwin which is a problem. 

Really good Cos-play Costume though...Not sarcasm

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
thats a decent Green Lantern Costume their in the Cos-Play
stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stu630

Vulcan can absorb and manipulate all kind of energy...so my guess is the energy from the ring would only make vulcan stronger!

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By HellionVulcan
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" Umm....the pic wont help choose this battle fairly but I personally believe Rayner could take Vulcan unless this is Vulcan with Darwin which is a problem.   Really good Cos-play Costume though...Not sarcasm "
Vulcan with darwins power equaled galactus so he'd slaughter any green lantern but Vulcan would win .
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock

I'm sorry, but that Kyle Rayner costume is ugly. I had to say it.

Anyway, it would depend on which version of Vulcan this is. 

@Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

" "realistically" Vulcan should have no problem with manipulating a GLs power or shutting it off.

You think he can shut off the ring? Has he shown to do anything similar?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

Kyle stomps and no vulcan cannot manipulate GL energy.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

When in the name of Oa was Vulcan equal to Galactus?
tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By tensor

kyle kills him this guy could not even beat gladiator

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock
@entropy_aegis said:
" Kyle stomps and no vulcan cannot manipulate GL energy. "
Why not?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" Kyle stomps and no vulcan cannot manipulate GL energy. "
Why not? "

Jade did it in JLA recently. Granted, the Green Lantern was from the Crime Syndicate's Earth but it was a nice feat.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
@Jake Fury: Jade was able to do it because she has Starheart power, though.

James Robinson seems to have made her pretty powerful lately...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock
@HellionVulcan said:
" Vulcan with darwins power equaled galactus
When and where was that stated or implied?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @Jake Fury: Jade was able to do it because she has Starheart power, though.  James Robinson seems to have made her pretty powerful lately... "

Ahhh, I see. I've not read much of her. She seems to be the most powerful member of the team. 

I like his work on the Omega Man story.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@Jake Fury said:
"Ahhh, I see. I've not read much of her. She seems to be the most powerful member of the team.  I like his work on the Omega Man story. "
I want to think that the energy dome (since Earth's most powerful heroes couldn't even breach it) she made around Washington, DC was a plot device, but I actually skimmed the book and didn't read it all...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @Jake Fury said:
"Ahhh, I see. I've not read much of her. She seems to be the most powerful member of the team.  I like his work on the Omega Man story. "
I want to think that the energy dome (since Earth's most powerful heroes couldn't even breach it) she made around Washington, DC was a plot device, but I actually skimmed the book and didn't read it all... "

Yeah, I think the way they explained it was that it was actually a variety of energies from the different multiverses. Hence, the reason nobody could get through was due to the different vibrational energies.   
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Static Shock:  Professor X said it in a panel after Vulcan had flown off. He said something like his power now may rival Galactus or may be greater then Galactus. I Have the scan, when I find it I'll post. To me it was pure speculation and Hyperbole.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @Static Shock:  Professor X said it in a panel after Vulcan had flown off. He said something like his power now may rival Galactus or may be greater then Galactus. I Have the scan, when I find it I'll post. To me it was pure speculation and Hyperbole. "
Weird. Was this after he left the X-Men?

One would think that if is power rivaled Galactus, he would have defeated people like Gladiator and Black Bolt with ease...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
@Jake Fury said:
" Yeah, I think the way they explained it was that it was actually a variety of energies from the different multiverses. Hence, the reason nobody could get through was due to the different vibrational energies.    "
Were the energies generated from her power?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" Yeah, I think the way they explained it was that it was actually a variety of energies from the different multiverses. Hence, the reason nobody could get through was due to the different vibrational energies.    "
Were the energies generated from her power? "

Damn, I just read this last night and my memory is failing me. I want to say it was a combination of her energies and the energies that were destroying the CSA's world. Don't quote me on that just yet though.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
@Jake Fury said:
Damn, I just read this last night and my memory is failing me. I want to say it was a combination of her energies and the energies that were destroying the CSA's world. Don't quote me on that just yet though. "
I have the book. I'm just too lazy to read through it... LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @Jake Fury said:
Damn, I just read this last night and my memory is failing me. I want to say it was a combination of her energies and the energies that were destroying the CSA's world. Don't quote me on that just yet though. "
I have the book. I'm just too lazy to read through it... LOL. "

LOL It's been a good story.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By velle37
@Jake Fury said:
"@Static Shock said:
" @Jake Fury said:
I want to think that the energy dome (since Earth's most powerful heroes couldn't even breach it) she made around Washington, DC was a plot device, but I actually skimmed the book and didn't read it all... "
Yeah, I think the way they explained it was that it was actually a variety of energies from the different multiverses. Hence, the reason nobody could get through was due to the different vibrational energies.    "

It was something like that..... 

I think some dark aspect of the starheart may have been at work there..... 

But the dome was there because of Jade..... 

Even Omega Man told Jade that her power was the only one close to his level..........

@Static Shock
said:
" @Jake Fury: Jade was able to do it because she has Starheart power, though.  James Robinson seems to have made her pretty powerful lately... "

Jade was able to decharge and recharge Kyle's ring at will during The Dark Things story arc.... 

Then in the Omega Man story she completely drained Power Ring's Volthoom ring and almost killed him........
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
@velle37 said:
" Jade was able to decharge and recharge Kyle's ring at will during The Dark Things story arc....  Then in the Omega Man story she completely drained Power Ring's Volthoom ring and almost killed him........ "
I'm aware of both instances. However, what I want to know is why Vulcan couldn't do the same. A lot of people seem to think that Oan energy cannot be manipulated. But, something of that nature was never stated or implied before, and I've never seen anyone fail to manipulate the energy also...
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By velle37
@Static Shock said:
" @velle37 said:
" Jade was able to decharge and recharge Kyle's ring at will during The Dark Things story arc....  Then in the Omega Man story she completely drained Power Ring's Volthoom ring and almost killed him........ "
I'm aware of both instances. However, what I want to know is why Vulcan couldn't do the same. A lot of people seem to think that Oan energy cannot be manipulated. But, something of that nature was never stated or implied before, and I've never seen anyone fail to manipulate the energy also... "

I've seen Dr. Light defeat Kyle by manipulating his constructs because of the light they give off...... 

I don't see why Vulcan couldn't also manipulate Kyle's constructs.........
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@velle37 said:
" I've seen Dr. Light defeat Kyle by manipulating his constructs because of the light they give off......  I don't see why Vulcan couldn't also manipulate Kyle's constructs......... "
Fair enough.

Someone tried the same argument against me at the Comics Ledger, saying that Captain Atom couldn't absorb or manipulate Oan energy.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@Static Shock:  This was after he gave them a Beat down. And it has to be Hyperbole.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By kheranlord12
@Static Shock said:
" @ThaMessenger07 said:
" @Static Shock:  Professor X said it in a panel after Vulcan had flown off. He said something like his power now may rival Galactus or may be greater then Galactus. I Have the scan, when I find it I'll post. To me it was pure speculation and Hyperbole. "
Weird. Was this after he left the X-Men?  One would think that if is power rivaled Galactus, he would have defeated people like Gladiator and Black Bolt with ease... "

Vulcan is powerful. But his power does not rival Galactus.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HellionVulcan
@Static Shock:  During deadly genesis  http://marvel.wikia.com/Gabriel_Summers_%28Earth-616%29#Powers read former powers as if he kept all his former powers & darwins he'd be unstoppable .Darwin himself, after merging with the remains of the two maidens, converted himself to energy, keeping Vulcan alive. While Darwin was present in his body, Vulcan was able to simulate his teammates' powers. But even though Darwin has been released from Vulcan's body, it was said in X-Men: Deadly Genesis #6  "Marvel Girl then separated Vulcan and Darwin again, leaving him open to an attack by all the X-Men. Although Xavier tried to stop Vulcan, Vulcan gave the X-Men a severe beating. He escaped into space, intent on vengeance against the Shi'ar. One week later, McCoy and Xavier discovered that, with the power of Darwin still residing in Vulcan, his power level could potentially rival that of Galactus, the devourer of worlds". 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ssejllenrad
@HellionVulcan said:
" @Static Shock:  During deadly genesis  http://marvel.wikia.com/Gabriel_Summers_%28Earth-616%29#Powers read former powers as if he kept all his former powers & darwins he'd be unstoppable .Darwin himself, after merging with the remains of the two maidens, converted himself to energy, keeping Vulcan alive. While Darwin was present in his body, Vulcan was able to simulate his teammates' powers. But even though Darwin has been released from Vulcan's body, it was said in X-Men: Deadly Genesis #6  "Marvel Girl then separated Vulcan and Darwin again, leaving him open to an attack by all the X-Men. Although Xavier tried to stop Vulcan, Vulcan gave the X-Men a severe beating. He escaped into space, intent on vengeance against the Shi'ar. One week later, McCoy and Xavier discovered that, with the power of Darwin still residing in Vulcan, his power level could potentially rival that of Galactus, the devourer of worlds".  "
Any "in-comic" statement on this? Don't get me wrong, It's not that I don't trust you. It's wiki that I don't trust...
mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By mrtrickster

rayner got better feats than vulcan, i'm going with him

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HellionVulcan
@ssejllenrad: Its just i couldn't find a scan of said moment to fully prove what was said .
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Mercy_

Meh. 

Ocelot100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ocelot100

the guy behind doesnt need his mask to be equal to Martian manhunter!

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Valtot

vulcan can manipulate the energy as hes capable of manipulation all energies and theres been a few people to do so to the green lanterns
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tensor said:

kyle kills him this guy could not even beat gladiator

Facts