#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan: Omega-level energy manipulating and absorbing capabilities.

Apocalypse:

Self-manipulation, superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and durability. Teleportation, flight, energy manipulation, and technopathy. Healing factor, psionic powers, and immortality.

Genius-level intelligence

#2 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan

#3 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree

#4 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the circumstances. If Vulcan is just going after Apocalypse then I'd go with Vulcan. If Apocalypse is aware of Vulcan's abilities and the fact that they're going to come into conflict, I'd say Apocalypse. Vulcan's mind is pretty fragile, and I could see him becoming a horseman. If Apocalypse could contain the 12 for any amount of time, I think he could do the same to Vulcan. Although he was planning the whole twelve thin g for decades...

#5 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

In would say Vulcan's lame self for the win, but against Ultimate Apocalypse I say Ult Apoc.

#6 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"In would say Vulcan's lame self for the win, but against Ultimate Apocalypse I say Ult Apoc."

I disagree, none of the mutants at that fight were anywhere near as powerful as vulcan (except Phoenix who demolished him). Apocalypse was resistant to telepathy which is why Xavier got his ass kicked, this will be no problem for Vulcan.
Post Edited:2008-05-06 14:39:29

#7 Edited by Edamame (28157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot said:
"

In would say Vulcan's lame self for the win, but against Ultimate Apocalypse I say Ult Apoc.

"Ultimate Apocalypse?
#8 Edited by Edamame (28157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alpha: Apoc. can also transmute him.

@Korg said:
"

Depends on the circumstances. If Vulcan is just going after Apocalypse then I'd go with Vulcan. If Apocalypse is aware of Vulcan's abilities and the fact that they're going to come into conflict, I'd say Apocalypse. Vulcan's mind is pretty fragile, and I could see him becoming a horseman. If Apocalypse could contain the 12 for any amount of time, I think he could do the same to Vulcan. Although he was planning the whole twelve thin g for decades...

"

Vulcan has proven highly resistant to attacks psionic in nature. The only such attack to be successful was performed by Marvel Girl after he had already lowered his defense in order to show the X-Men (Earth-616) his memories of Krakoa
#9 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan wins

#10 Posted by comic_book_fan (5644 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse kills him.

#11 Edited by HellionVulcan (3776 posts) - - Show Bio

Really depends how Vulcan fights for one as he is extremely arrogant & doesn't really explore his potential while Apocalypse has many centuries of experience ,If Gladiator can one shot him why can't Apocalypse .

#12 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5600 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse kills him.

Nooooooo I completely disagree. Vulcan owns.

#14 Edited by comic_book_fan (5644 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

no he doesn't Apocalypse has enough energy manipulation to get to him and more than enough physical strength to easily remove his head.

or he could just phase through all of Vulcan's attacks and rip him in half.

#15 Posted by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

no he doesn't Apocalypse has enough energy manipulation to get to him and more than enough physical strength to easily remove his head.

or he could just phase through all of Vulcan's attacks and rip him in half.

Vulcan is omega level. Apoc is not considered omega level. Bad argument but still.

#16 Posted by comic_book_fan (5644 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

yes Apocalypse is considered an omega level mutant

#17 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by comic_book_fan (5644 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_cloud_:

find me something that says he isn't his power fits the description.

and even if he isn't he has beaten iceman who is an omega level mutant.

#19 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse by telepthy. Unless, Vulcan will try to engage Apoc in brawl, I don't see tihs battle ending quickly.

#20 Posted by Juiceboks (9019 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 Vulcan's pretty resistant to psionic attacks though. I see him shutting off the electricity in Apoc's brain like he did to Rachel.

#21 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 Vulcan's pretty resistant to psionic attacks though. I see him shutting off the electricity in Apoc's brain like he did to Rachel.

He did it, when he was still fused with Darwin. Darwin by himself was able to take powers from Hela and became Hell-Lord.

#22 Edited by Thanofleeze (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_book_fan said:

@thanofleeze:

yes Apocalypse is considered an omega level mutant

No he's not. He's considered the 1st Mutant.

Well, technically Vandal Savage was the first mutant, but yeah... if you ask Apocalypse if he's a mutant he'll give you the "I'm as far from mutants as they are from humans" speech.