• 165 results
#1 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?

#2 Posted by shenron (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth VADER Darth VADER Darth VADER Darth VADER Darth VADER
voldamort is gay

#3 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldamort might be a homosexual but he still curbstomps Vader.

#4 Edited by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

all depends who gets the first shot off...

Force Choke Vs Avada Kedavra

it's Magic Vs The Force

if Voldemort can get off the first shot then he wins easily, if Vader gets it then it's more of an even battle but i still think Voldemort could take it

M
#5 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"all depends who gets the first shot off...

Force Choke Vs Avada Kedavra

it's Magic Vs The Force

if Voldemort can get off the first shot then he wins easily, if Vader gets it then it's more of an even battle but i still think Voldemort could take it

M"
Couldn't Voldermort...i dunno, stop the force choke using magic? Or put some kind of a barrier to protect himself against such attacks?
#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

not really...

Voldemorts shields are pretty strong, but then again Vaders attacks are damn impressive...

if Voldemort keeps this at ranged attacks then he can take it easily, but if Vader gets in close then Voldemort doesn't stand a chance

M

#7 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

T'is true if Vader gets hit with Avada Kerdava hes finished but he might be able to subdue Voldemort with Force choke or force push not to mention he could use force pull to pring voldemort near him

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, but subduing Voldemort is no easy task...

he's damn fast and with his levitation and other attacks he can keep Vader occupied easily while planning the killing shot...

i can see Voldemort taking this one

M

#9 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"not really...

Voldemorts shields are pretty strong, but then again Vaders attacks are damn impressive...

if Voldemort keeps this at ranged attacks then he can take it easily, but if Vader gets in close then Voldemort doesn't stand a chance

M"
True, however, the light saber is technology based, and magic always seems disrupt such a thing and render it useless just by being there. Also, couldn't voldermot just use that accio thing spell on the light saber? then destroy it?
#10 Posted by Light (9257 posts) - - Show Bio

hr can't rip it from his hands though and can Vader block some of the spells with his saber? Or throw up shields himself?

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, he could...

also it's only major arcana that disrupts technology, a single wizard, even one as powerful as Voldemort isn't capable of disrupting technology just by being there

M

#12 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"yeah, but subduing Voldemort is no easy task...

he's damn fast and with his levitation and other attacks he can keep Vader occupied easily while planning the killing shot...

i can see Voldemort taking this one

M"
I dunno Vader still has his reflexes to count on too not to mention he has the saber throw to keep Voldemort on his toes
#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not discounting Vader easily... he's a pretty damn tough opponent but i think Voldemort could take him...

it would be a truly epic battle though

M

#14 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Light said:
"hr can't rip it from his hands though and can Vader block some of the spells with his saber? Or throw up shields himself?"
Magic isn't the force. There completely different. Methos said:
"yeah, he could...

also it's only major arcana that disrupts technology, a single wizard, even one as powerful as Voldemort isn't capable of disrupting technology just by being there

M"
lol Dresden seems to...but thats besides the point and completely irrelevant.

Magic in the Harry Potter universe is extremely flexible and such simple spells to lift something like alorhorma...or something like that could deal death easily by dropping someone while they are asleep. What i am trying to prove is, magic in potter universe is completely more  usable and could render extreamly powerful jedi's dead....though i'm betting that would only happen with powerful wizards like voldermort and dumbedore

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
Magic in the Harry Potter universe is extremely flexible and such simple spells to lift something like alorhorma...or something like that could deal death easily by dropping someone while they are asleep. What i am trying to prove is, magic in potter universe is completely more  usable and could render extreamly powerful jedi's dead....though i'm betting that would only happen with powerful wizards like voldermort and dumbedore

thats completely true...

facing Dumbledore i wouldn't even give Vader a chance as Dumbledore mastered Wandless magic as well as Wanded...

Magic is amazing, to put it bluntly it's like the Force on crack

whatever The Force can do, Magic can do a hundred times better and more powerfully

M
#16 Edited by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Hedatary said:

thats completely true...

facing Dumbledore i wouldn't even give Vader a chance as Dumbledore mastered Wandless magic as well as Wanded...

Magic is amazing, to put it bluntly it's like the Force on crack

whatever The Force can do, Magic can do a hundred times better and more powerfully

M"
The only problem is, the wizard has to be completly powerful with the mind and magic in order to do something like this...Harry is  a pissy little kid who can't do sh!t without the help of his friends, even though he is very powerful in magic.
#17 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Still even if Voldemort does get the Avada Kerdava spell out whats saying vader wont just dodge it. He went toe to toe with Darth Maul who was fast enough to take on Obi-wan and Qui-gon at once and he could always use the force to pick up and use objects around him both to block spells and to attack.

Its a great battle but i can see Vader winning in the end and if all else fails i belive he has force silence which can render the victim unable to speak

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
The only problem is, the wizard has to be completly powerful with the mind and magic in order to do something like this...Harry is  a pissy little kid who can't do shit without the help of his friends, even though he is very powerful in magic."

well this is Voldemort, not Harry... so thats irrellevent

M
#19 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Still even if Voldemort does get the Avada Kerdava spell out whats saying vader wont just dodge it. He went toe to toe with Darth Maul who was fast enough to take on Obi-wan and Qui-gon at once and he could always use the force to pick up and use objects around him both to block spells and to attack.

Its a great battle but i can see Vader winning in the end and if all else fails i belive he has force silence which can render the victim unable to speak"
What the hell does Avada kadavara have to do with anything? You make it sound like thats the only spell voldy can use.

Methos said:
"Hedatary said:
The only problem is, the wizard has to be completly powerful with the mind and magic in order to do something like this...Harry is  a pissy little kid who can't do shit without the help of his friends, even though he is very powerful in magic."

well this is Voldemort, not Harry... so thats irrellevent

M"
Yea well...i'm still pissed off with Rowling for making 6 and 7th book into a craptacular fest.
#20 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Hedatary said:

M"
I dont know the force is really like life but only those sensitive to it can harness and use it. Vader has mastered it and the force pretty  much is the most powerful thing when put in the hands of the right man. Look at sith like Revan and Darth Nihlus: Nihlus eradicated whole species with the force alone.

Vader cannot do that but I think he is quite capable of out classing Voldemort with it
#21 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Methos said:
"Hedatary said:

M"
I dont know the force is really like life but only those sensitive to it can harness and use it. Vader has mastered it and the force pretty  much is the most powerful thing when put in the hands of the right man. Look at sith like Revan and Darth Nihlus: Nihlus eradicated whole species with the force alone.

Vader cannot do that but I think he is quite capable of out classing Voldemort with it"
You never answered my question.
#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:

Vader cannot do that but I think he is quite capable of out classing Voldemort with it"

I don't see it...

Voldemort is the most powerful Wizard in the HP universe...

the guy was so powerful he shattered his soul and hid it is seperate objects...

i don't see a cyborg like Vader being any more than a slight annoyance to him, especially if he really cut loose with all the spells he knows

M
#23 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry i was posting that before I saw that.

Avada Kerdava is not the only spell in Voldemorts command but its sure as hell the first one he will try to use on Vader and other spells that come to mind wont kill Vader on contact.

#24 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Sorry i was posting that before I saw that.

Avada Kerdava is not the only spell in Voldemorts command but its sure as hell the first one he will try to use on Vader and other spells that come to mind wont kill Vader on contact."
That is based on personal opinion.
#25 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it a way it is but half the time Voldemort wants his enemy dead he goes in with the killing spell

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Sorry i was posting that before I saw that.

Avada Kerdava is not the only spell in Voldemorts command but its sure as hell the first one he will try to use on Vader and other spells that come to mind wont kill Vader on contact."

oh i can think of quite a few spells that would kill vader on contact....

transfiguration for one, you transfigure Vader into an object like a chair or something then it's game over for Vader as none of his Cybernetics would transfigure with him...

again, very basic level spells there, it's even taught in the first year of school so Voldemort would have mastered that easily by now...

also of note, Voldemort only needs to say the words to the spells on the unforgivables and several others...

the basic ones like summoning and fireballs he doesn't need to verbalise so Vader doesn't get any warning

M
#27 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats true

When you think about it really depends on who gets the first hit Voldemort would not live through a hit by a lightsaber and if Volde got the drop and vader well vader is dead...

Transfiguration is the one spell i really see posing a large threat to vader since a jedi's reflexes dont need a warning. Vader blocks blaster bolts on a daily baisis has fought many jedi I belive there was one instance where he fought about 8 at once and had his lightsaber disabled. He can etheir dodge or use another object to block the fire balls and other projectile spells.

If Volde leaves himself open for even a second i can see vader simply holding him with a force choke then slashing him up or maybie even Using force speed to go in for the kill quicker.
But it goes the same with Vader if Volde can get the drop on him...

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

transfiguration doesn't have any 'projectile', it just happens without any effect going from wand to object

M

#29 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, many spells you can't even see it coming. Its like nothing is there, you don't see anything. It just is. Sure, Darthvadar does those, but Voldermort could easily render that saber useless with his magic. Hell, he could probebly even bend the sabers light to his own.

#30 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"transfiguration doesn't have any 'projectile', it just happens without any effect going from wand to object

M"
I know i was referring to the fire ball spell.

Hedatary said:
"Dude, many spells you can't even see it coming. Its like nothing is there, you don't see anything. It just is. Sure, Darthvadar does those, but Voldermort could easily render that saber useless with his magic. Hell, he could probebly even bend the sabers light to his own."
I dont see how he would bend focused pure energy or render the saber useless...
#31 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"Methos said:
"transfiguration doesn't have any 'projectile', it just happens without any effect going from wand to object

M"
I know i was referring to the fire ball spell.

Hedatary said:
"Dude, many spells you can't even see it coming. Its like nothing is there, you don't see anything. It just is. Sure, Darthvadar does those, but Voldermort could easily render that saber useless with his magic. Hell, he could probebly even bend the sabers light to his own."
I dont see how he would bend focused pure energy or render the saber useless...
"
Well, for one, he could transfigure the saber into a snake. And magic can do anything. Like spitting his soul into seven pieces....So i'm pretty sure pure energy is nothing.
#32 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right but the force is a deadly weapon but like a said before if Vader catches Volde off guard then he wins and same if Volde catches Vader off guard but if the two actually go at it I can see Vader beating him even without the light saber the force is pretty much like magic itself

#33 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Darth Vader would beat Voldemort... it wont be easy though
#34 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the force will be strong enough compared to the dark magic.  Its strong yes, but not a wizard strong.

#35 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
lboy said:
"I don't think the force will be strong enough compared to the dark magic.  Its strong yes, but not a wizard strong."
What defense does Voldemort have against the Force ? 
#36 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"lboy said:
"I don't think the force will be strong enough compared to the dark magic.  Its strong yes, but not a wizard strong."
What defense does Voldemort have against the Force ? "
What defense does Vadar have against magic?
#37 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"lboy said:
What defense does Vadar have against magic?"
LOL

I asked iboy the question first...
#38 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"lboy said:
LOL

"
What about Force Absorb and Force protect???
#39 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"King Saturn said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"lboy said:
LOL

"
What about Force Absorb and Force protect???
"
Thats Possible
#40 Posted by sky goblin (198 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I think Darth Vader would beat Voldemort... it wont be easy though"

yes it would darthvader is powerful  enough to beat 2 voldemort things
#41 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
sky goblin said:
"King Saturn said:
"I think Darth Vader would beat Voldemort... it wont be easy though"

yes it would darthvader is powerful  enough to beat 2 voldemort things"
I doubt it dude
#42 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

And what about a saber throw? They actully follow there target.. Tell me can Voldemort survive being sliced in half?

#43 Posted by sky goblin (198 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"And what about a saber throw? They actully follow there target.. Tell me can Voldemort survive being sliced in half?"

so you agree with me that vader would win
#44 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
Platinumwarrior said:
"And what about a saber throw? They actully follow there target.. Tell me can Voldemort survive being sliced in half?"
A saber throw? Please, they could just deflect it back using magic. Voldermort could easily do that. And even if he used a saber throw, Voldy could just capture it using magic and banish it.
#45 Posted by sky goblin (198 posts) - - Show Bio
Hedatary said:
"Platinumwarrior said:
A saber throw? Please, they could just deflect it back using magic. Voldermort could easily do that. And even if he used a saber throw, Voldy could just capture it using magic and banish it."
okay that is lame
#46 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

why?

Voldemort has banished several things before, a metal object the size of a roll of toilet paper isn't going to cause him much worry

M

#47 Edited by sky goblin (198 posts) - - Show Bio

sure it would when it chops his head off with his blood spraying all over the place

#48 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort wins.

#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

it wouldn't get that far without being transfigured into a piece of chocolate...

also any attack by a lightsaber doesn't make the victim bleed, Lightsaber blades are superheated plasma, so the cautorise the wound automatically, thats why there is no blood in any of the Star Wars movies

M

#50 Edited by sky goblin (198 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"it wouldn't get that far without being transfigured into a piece of chocolate...

also any attack by a lightsaber doesn't make the victim bleed, Lightsaber blades are superheated plasma, so the cautorise the wound automatically, thats why there is no blood in any of the Star Wars movies

M"

it made a bunch of blood come out of an aliens arm in a new hope