" @Lance Uppercut said:
" Magneto "
"
#5 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8410 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, but dumbledore randomly comes back from the dead and blast Magneto
#6 Posted by The Mango (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

This is no contest

#7 Posted by DIZ (377 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys serious? Voldemort is immortal. Magneto needs to find and destroy all of Voldemort's horcruxes in order to bring him down

#8 Posted by The Mango (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have to kill him to beat him.

#9 Posted by beppoblue16 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mango: dont you feel that after seeing how well voldermort can manipulate his enviornmnet, as he did while fighting dumbledore at the ministry of magic that at would at least be a good fight? he does have an instant kill spell on top of all that after all.

#10 Posted by Bo88gdan (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Average Bear said:

@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" Magneto "
"
#11 Posted by NeonGameWave (9015 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto wins but with minor difficulty.

#12 Posted by 8bitGangsta (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags

#13 Posted by monarch_prime (408 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

@The Average Bear said:

@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" Magneto "
"
#14 Edited by Dextersinister (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@beppoblue16 said:

@The Mango: dont you feel that after seeing how well voldermort can manipulate his enviornmnet, as he did while fighting dumbledore at the ministry of magic that at would at least be a good fight? he does have an instant kill spell on top of all that after all.

Visually impressive but a guy with a gun could have ended the fight then and there.

@DIZ said:

Are you guys serious? Voldemort is immortal. Magneto needs to find and destroy all of Voldemort's horcruxes in order to bring him down

Not true, defeating him reduces him to that creepy baby form. It's down to the stupidity of others to decide if they want to empower him again and it's not like the X-Men aren't known for coming back from the dead.

#15 Posted by mrtrevorguy (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless magneto has magic resistance. I give this to he who shall not be named

#16 Posted by Dextersinister (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrevorguy said:

Unless magneto has magic resistance. I give this to he who shall not be named

Magneto doesn't need it he has better feats of speed and I doubt old Mort is immune to metal through the head.

#17 Posted by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto rips him apart by blinking and traps the body under a mountain of rubble.

Yes Voldy's soul will live but his body will be in no condition to fight.

#18 Posted by monarch_prime (408 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto.

#19 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto..most of the Dark Lord's spells are in the form of "magical" energy blasts and has been shown to be blocked by physical boundaries. Magneto's still has his forcefield and has faster reflexes along with more power in general.

#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto easily.

#21 Posted by Marksman (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Magneto easily.

This.

#22 Posted by sambuscus (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort, Magneto has no way of deflecting magic and if Voldemort is anything it's speed and percision, the guy can teleport i dont think magneto can keep up with that.

#23 Posted by theONEtaichou (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch, one guy can practically win via a variety of ways and the other guy has no legitimate way he could win this battle forum fight (I might be wrong but I strongly doubt it)... Riddle wins rather effortlessly

#24 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@sambuscus: @theONEtaichou: Oh you silly people. Magneto can keep up with hypersonic speedsters. He can bend the metal in his blood Voldemort dies pitifully

#25 Posted by theONEtaichou (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

@sambuscus: @theONEtaichou: Oh you silly people. Magneto can keep up with hypersonic speedsters. He can bend the metal in his blood Voldemort dies pitifully

lol no he doesn't bend anything... Riddle wins.

#26 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou: Love that logic. But seriously all of riddles spells can be blocked physically and all mental assaults are useless against the guy who can resist on the most powerful telepaths. Voldemort aint got nothing

#27 Posted by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Anzendenai (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@beppoblue16 said:

That won't work cause of his EMF

#29 Posted by theONEtaichou (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim said:

@theONEtaichou: Love that logic. But seriously all of riddles spells can be blocked physically and all mental assaults are useless against the guy who can resist on the most powerful telepaths. Voldemort aint got nothing

lol nah ah mate... magical mental assaults that can ONLY be blocked via magic = Riddle takes control of Mags even with his helmet. Say it with me now... MAGIC! so...

@morgrim said:

Voldemort aint got nothing to worry about!

FIXED!

#30 Posted by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

Prove Legilimancy will affect Magneto.

#31 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou: Dat Helmet

#32 Posted by theONEtaichou (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Prove Legilimancy will affect Magneto.

Prove legilimancy WON'T affect Magneto... the sword cuts both ways mate. But for all intents and purposes the legilimency spell cannot be stopped unless one knows the magical counter to it (which Magneto doesn't) and worse Mags is fighting the best Legilimens in HPU... also it's magic not physical brainwave action like tp that Xavier etc does. Any magical being can learn and perform legilimency while tp users are a different breed mind wise.

@Rumble Man said:

@theONEtaichou: Dat Helmet

will do nothing, there is no shooting spell (for legilimency) that will be blocked by helmet.

#33 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Magneto would rofl stomp Voldemort. Current Magneto not so much.

#34 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou: What stops Magneto from just atomizing Voldemort at the start of the match? Or just sending a massive EMP to turn Voldemort brain dead? Magneto has reflexes 15 times greater than a human's. While on the other hand, Voldemort is baseline human.

Also stop blowing legilimency out of proportion. It is not as powerful as you make it sound. It's a very weak version of telepathy, and that is being frank. As quoted from the book:

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing... It is true, however, that those who have mastered Legilimency are able, under certain conditions, to delve into the minds of their victims and to interpret their findings correctly."

So to simply say that Voldemort would instantly mind rape Magneto is a fallacious claim, Magneto has took on the combined assault of Charles Xavier and Jean Grey. Legilimency may be magical in nature, but it still involves invading the mind. Magneto is no slouch in the mental fortitude department. Voldemort doesn't have the necessary time to sift through Magneto's thoughts to do anything useful, not while Magneto is atomizing him, removing the iron from his blood, or dropping a couple hundred tons of metal on his head.

#35 Posted by consolemaster001 (6084 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto...no contest

#36 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto wins here

#37 Edited by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou: Burden of proof is on you, mate. You made the claim first, therefore you defend it.

#38 Posted by theONEtaichou (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@theONEtaichou: What stops Magneto from just atomizing Voldemort at the start of the match? Or just sending a massive EMP to turn Voldemort brain dead? Magneto has reflexes 15 times greater than a human's. While on the other hand, Voldemort is baseline human.

fantastic... now I am not that well read up on Mags but please point me in the direction where he atomises someone? Please, I would love to see that or read it. I am not saying you are blowing him out of proportions but I am saying....

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Also stop blowing legilimency out of proportion. It is not as powerful as you make it sound. It's a very weak version of telepathy, and that is being frank. As quoted from the book:

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing... It is true, however, that those who have mastered Legilimency are able, under certain conditions, to delve into the minds of their victims and to interpret their findings correctly."

So to simply say that Voldemort would instantly mind rape Magneto is a fallacious claim, Magneto has took on the combined assault of Charles Xavier and Jean Grey. Legilimency may be magical in nature, but it still involves invading the mind. Magneto is no slouch in the mental fortitude department. Voldemort doesn't have the necessary time to sift through Magneto's thoughts to do anything useful, not while Magneto is atomizing him, removing the iron from his blood, or dropping a couple hundred tons of metal on his head.

First legilimency is a magical attack, not a physical attack that requires a magical counter attack. Say it with me now... magic!! There is no way Mags can counter, you can make the case that Mags, with his 15x human reaction, can take down Riddle but Mags cannot take the magic attacks even if it is legilimency. In HPU legilimency is countered by a magical defense called occlumens, not a helmet. So while as great as taking on the tp of Marvel is for Mags, he has no counter for the magical tp attack that Riddle brings because the defense requires magic, of which Mags has none. It cannot be defended against by mental fortitude, which comic tp can be defended against, but by a specific magical counter defense. As for weak, you seem to have forgotten what Riddle did to Harry when he fought Dumbledore, and he took over Harry, that was not weak tp there. And he did it in mid battle against someone who had been taught the magical defense of legilimency, something Mags does not have here. So I see no reason why Riddle cannot just control him and Mags has no counter for it. This is besides the other things Riddle could do.

As for atomising, please! As for time, I am sure Dumbledore gave Riddle all the time in the world right?

#39 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou: Too bad Harry is a hocrux and thus connected to him. His ability to possess him is not because of legilimency, but because they are joined beings. So no, Voldemort is not taking Magneto over via legilimency. It's unclear if Voldemort even used legilimency to take over Harry, so that point is moot. Also how does mental fortitude not protect you? A mind is a still a mind regardless. Harry who is a horrible occlumency user, was able to reject Voldemort by the force of his own will. So to make the claim that you need the counter spell to completely negate is false. Please try to post some legitimate stuff and not fan wank things out of proportion.

#40 Posted by BlackWind (7185 posts) - - Show Bio

The scan I posted pretty much sums up what Magneto will do to Voldy.

@BlackWind said:

#41 Posted by theONEtaichou (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@theONEtaichou: Too bad Harry is a hocrux and thus connected to him. His ability to possess him is not because of legilimency, but because they are joined beings. So no, Voldemort is not taking Magneto over via legilimency. It's unclear if Voldemort even used legilimency to take over Harry, so that point is moot. Also how does mental fortitude not protect you? A mind is a still a mind regardless. Harry who is a horrible occlumency user, was able to reject Voldemort by the force of his own will. So to make the claim that you need the counter spell to completely negate is false. Please try to post some legitimate stuff and not fan wank things out of proportion.

And when Snape used Legilimency when training Harry, was Harry his horcrux as well? In fact Snape forcibly used legilimens to find out how Harry used Sectumsempra on Malfoy. No horcrux connection there, so unless you can show how Mags will get over that magical hurdle, Riddle still does legilimency on Mags. Also if its unclear (to you at the very least) if Riddle used Legilimency on Harry how can the point be moot? That makes no sense, if its unclear both scenarios can be presented and the evidence for one weighed up. Not just moot dismissals.

Harry used love to repel Voldermort not mental fortitude, I will post the notes later (do forgive me). Especially the love of his friends, as you say he was a horrible occlumens but still an occlumens! Something Mags is not so I still don't see what Mags will counter with...

A mind is a mind, but the way it can be taken over is different, a hypnotist vs telepath vs suggestive manipulator vs magic user can all attack the mind but the way they do and the way to repel the attack are different.

Your condescension would be warranted if you were at least posting legitimate and accurate things, mate. To say since Mags has dealt with non-magical tp in Marvel therefore magical tp in HPU will not affect him, especially such specific magic that requires a specific counter that Mags does not know, is an example of fanwankery! I also assume the atomising bits about Mags are also fanwankery but, like me, you probably don't have your scans/quotes with you right now.

good day

#42 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou said:

And when Snape used Legilimency when training Harry, was Harry his horcrux as well? In fact Snape forcibly used legilimens to find out how Harry used Sectumsempra on Malfoy. No horcrux connection there, so unless you can show how Mags will get over that magical hurdle, Riddle still does legilimency on Mags. Also if its unclear (to you at the very least) if Riddle used Legilimency on Harry how can the point be moot? That makes no sense, if its unclear both scenarios can be presented and the evidence for one weighed up. Not just moot dismissals.

What exactly are you trying to prove? Snape didn't mind rape Harry or do anything that would warrant it as a suitable tactic in battle. Harry who had no prior experience to legilimency, who was also deeply exhausted, was troubled because someone was invading his mind. Even then Snape only managed to gain snippets of information, not full blown mental domination. Also on the note of Voldemort using Legilimency on Harry at the Ministry, please post passages explicitly stating he was using legilimency. It was noted that Voldemort used it when he tricked Harry into the ministry, but not when he was possessing Harry. The fact that Snape differentiate mind control and legilimency as something vastly different already shows that legilimency is not a magical form of telepathy, not even close. Legilimency allows you to peer into a person's mind, viewing their memories, feelings, and thoughts. Also allows for subtle control of an individual given enough time. Legilimency is not instantaneous, aside from Harry there is really no other feats with legilimency. Snape spent hours on Harry and managed only to get a handful of memories from him. Magneto is not going to sit down and let Voldemort look into his mind.

Harry used love to repel Voldermort not mental fortitude, I will post the notes later (do forgive me). Especially the love of his friends, as you say he was a horrible occlumens but still an occlumens! Something Mags is not so I still don't see what Mags will counter with...

How is that even occlumens? You don't make any sense. Occlumens involves removing all forms of emotions and hiding your thoughts and memories, becoming a blank slate which someone can't read. You're contradicting yourself.

A mind is a mind, but the way it can be taken over is different, a hypnotist vs telepath vs suggestive manipulator vs magic user can all attack the mind but the way they do and the way to repel the attack are different.

How so? Please explain the differences between blocking a hypnotist and blocking a telepath, they are mutually comparable because they affect your mind. Jean Grey was able to block Purple Man's hormonal mind control through her telepathy. Daredevil has done the same with sheer force of will. In the end, Voldemort is invading his mind. Magneto's own willpower would be able to fight it. Magneto may not be able to stop the spell, but he is not letting Voldemort into his head so easily.

Your condescension would be warranted if you were at least posting legitimate and accurate things, mate. To say since Mags has dealt with non-magical tp in Marvel therefore magical tp in HPU will not affect him, especially such specific magic that requires a specific counter that Mags does not know, is an example of fanwankery! I also assume the atomising bits about Mags are also fanwankery but, like me, you probably don't have your scans/quotes with you right now

Exactly what information have I not posted that wasn't legitimate or accurate? I have quotes from the book contradicting you when you say Legilimency is telepathy. It's not. It can't mind rape Magneto. You refuse to believe that Magneto can atomize someone, despite someone already posting scans. You have yet to refute the fact that Magneto has reflexes 15x greater than a human's. Clearly you have no argument. Instead you are fallaciously claiming things which aren't even true.

So please come back when you can actually put up a decent argument.

#43 Posted by NeonGameWave (9015 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort.

#44 Posted by comic_book_fan (5926 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto has countless ways to win this.

#45 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou:Okay lets end this before it spirals

1} Magneto is highly resistant to mental attacks, and a mental attack is a mental attack yes the means through which they are executed are diffferent but the attack is the same. Heck magneto was even able to resist to an extent emma frost with the PHOENIX FORCE a Cosmic being of infinite power. SO yes his mind is pretty safe

2} Even so legillimens is not like telepathy he can only read and change memories as well as sniff out deception, It dosent allow him to destroy brains and he could only do that to harry because of the whole scar thing. Plus you need to point and cast legillimens to effect the full power of the spell and that would be quite difficult while dodging blocks of metal

3} Magneto is fast enough to keep up with hypersonic speedsters, he is more than fast enough to keep up with human physique people. And keep in mind voldemort cannot even apparate close to magneto because of his magnetic shield which would kill him if he touched it our teleported into it

4} Speaking of magnetic shields, The greatest destructive magic voldemort has demonstrated is the power to destroy lets say a house in 5 minutes, it has even been shown that his most dangerous spell "Avada kedvra" can be blocked by bronze. Magneto's shield has demonstrated the ability to block a NUCLEAR BOMB at point blank range. So it is pretty obvious that voldemort dosent have the firepower to even scratch the shield

5} So now that we have ascertained who is faster, stronger and has the best defense lets look at how magneto kills him

a} deatomization {the scan is on the other page}

b} Magnetic storm{ Voldemort has difficulty keeping up with four directional attacks, an omni directional/endless barrage would crush him}

c} Magnetic field { Just seal him off in an impenetrable dome}

And thats just to name a few. Heck magneto can channel the power of Planets for crying out loud. Not to mention one hit and voldemorts frail body is crumpled.

Many of you love to cry Horcrux as a an excuse. But what you fail to realize is that all the horcrux does is stop him from completely dying. However he can still be reduced to a state so close to death he himself thinks hes dead. He can be reduced to something less than an ant and then sealed away in a metal chain that magneto can wear around his neck.

So Voldemort loses this battle in a bad way

#46 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how you THINK you know what your talking about. But it doesn't matter, like always you'll just ignore me and start flagging the facts.

How is that even occlumens? You don't make any sense. Occlumens involves removing all forms of emotions and hiding your thoughts and memories, becoming a blank slate which someone can't read. You're contradicting yourself.

Actually, Occlumency also seals the mind from intrusion.

Snape continued to survey him through narrowed eyes for a moment, then said, 'Now, Occlumency. As I told you back in your dear godfather's kitchen, this branch of magic seals the mind against magical intrusion and influence.'

Taken From: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Wait, now Telepathy means mind reading and peering into someone's mind, so according to Snape (I take his word over yours) it's a counter to Legilimency which is a magical form of telepathy, peering into someone's thoughts. Intrusion would be mind control. So it's not hiding your thoughts and memories, (disagree? You can't disagree with Snape) it's sealing form intrusion and influence.

How so? Please explain the differences between blocking a hypnotist and blocking a telepath, they are mutually comparable because they affect your mind. Jean Grey was able to block Purple Man's hormonal mind control through her telepathy. Daredevil has done the same with sheer force of will. In the end, Voldemort is invading his mind. Magneto's own willpower would be able to fight it. Magneto may not be able to stop the spell, but he is not letting Voldemort into his head so easily.

Feats of magneto resisting Mind Control? Voldemort can always use Imperio.

Exactly what information have I not posted that wasn't legitimate or accurate? I have quotes from the book contradicting you when you say Legilimency is telepathy. It's not.

It is a form of magical telepathy, but you are correct it can not "Mind rape" anyone. But there are mental spells (imperio) and non-vocal spells Snape could use to "Mind rape" someone.

I know nothing about Magneto which is why Im staying out of this, I am just trying to clear up Legilimency and Occlumency, I have the backing of Snape here. So yes, it's a form of magical telepathy if it is not then how come unless someone is an occlumens Voldemort can instantly know if their lying? Voldemort can read their minds and feelings? That's telepathy.

Anyway, Im out.

#47 Posted by Bo88gdan (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto stomps

#48 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kingjohnrocks: Then you clearly need to look up the definition of telepathy if you think reading minds and knowing feelings would make Voldemort a telepath. What you just described is an empath. A telepath has complete control over your mind and brain functions. A telepath can stop your heart or make you vomit by controlling those functions of your brain. They can manipulate the senses by controlling the nerves in your brain. A telepath is much more than what occlumens can hope to block or what legilimency can hope to achieve. Read up on Jean Grey, Xavier, and Emma Frost. Then come back to me about telepathy. Voldemort doesn't have telepathic abilities necessary to faze Magneto. Not even close. Magneto resisted both Xavier and Jean Grey at the same time.

On the other hand, you bring up a good point of Imperio. Too bad Voldemort won't thinking of using it in a random encounter with a guy he never met. Voldemort doesn't employ Imperio enough to suggest that he would even think of using it. Not to mention no one has refuted my point that Magneto has reflexes 15x greater than a normal person.

#49 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@theONEtaichou: why not said helmet blocked attacks from telepaths of a higher magnitude, unless you were to say that the magic is higher than Xavier/Jean Grey/Emma Frost

#50 Posted by sambuscus (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf:

te·lep·a·thy

Noun
The supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.

"Telepathy is the transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction."

"The simplest definition of telepathy can be stated as direct communication between minds.

There is several forms of telepathy :"

"The transmission of feeling,emotions, images, words, and phrases..."

telepathy

a communication between minds by some nontechnological means other than sensory perception. — telepathist, n.telepathic, adj.

telepathy

n telepathy the communication of ideas, thoughts etc directly from one person's mind to another person's mind without the use of hearing, sight etc He knew just what I was thinking – it must have been telepathy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tel·e·path

1. /ˈteləˌpaTH/
    There are different ways to define telepathy and is expressed in various views. Telepathy is defined as the ability to communicate without using the five senses that is normally used by us such as hearing, touch, smell, taste and sight.
    Noun
    A person with the ability to communicate using telepathy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see no mention of controlling brains, stopping hearts of any kind, telepathy INVOLVES emotions as well, You're right Professor X, Jean Grey, and Emma Frost ARE telepaths but not because they can control actions or body parts because they too can READ minds, movement of objects using the mind is called Telekinesis, so Practically Voldemort has as good a right as any to be called a telepath...in his own Magical way.