#201 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: The UK government doesn't stand a chance,and if not for Dumbledore they would have already been made into slaves.

#202 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@angryhulks: The UK government doesn't stand a chance,and if not for Dumbledore they would have already been made into slaves.

Yes, they do, UK have one of the best army in the world, and even though they have less active force than many countries, they still outnumbered Death Eaters. No, most of the UK are oblivious to the existence of wizards, in fact, their everyday lives are largely unaffected by their existence.

#203 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

Lol we have one of the strongest armies in the world in the UK mate, certainly enough to beat a guy who's not even above street level.

#204 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: A tank is an extremely durable vehicle capable of withstanding bullets and small explosives. Voldemort has done nothing to demonstrate that he could destroy one. Given that you're representing a fictional character and I'm arguing for a real life military force with genuine feats grounded in reality, I'd say the onus is on you to prove me wrong. So tell me when has Voldemort ever destroyed anything as durable as a tank- I'm talking about a heavily armoured tank mind you.

#205 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

UK did not even take action against the wizard, and I believe if UK government wants to, they can easily eradicate the entire race of wizards as well.

No. Just no. You're severely underestimating the wizards. No military in the world stands a chance unless it's a straight out fight.

#206 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: Confringo isn't small. Explous isn't small. None of this is small, they are all high-range blasting curses. I have videos of tanks being blown up by Rocket launchers, something that have less blast radius then Confringo.

"As they soared upwards, away from the two remaining Death Eaters, Harry spat blood out of his mouth, pointed his wand at the falling sidecar, and yelled, 'Confringo!' He knew a dreadful, gut-wrenching pang for Hedwig as it exploded..."

-Taken from: Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows

Pettigrew used this spell to kill twelve Muggles and create a MASSIVE crater. Now, imagine that firepower being spammed by 100+ Death eaters, non-verbally and silently. The Military won't know what hit them, Tanks won't know what hit them either.

Plus, Voldemort can always levitate the tank and throw it across the air.

So, prove me wrong.

#207 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Yes but you're looking at it from the point of view that something bigger always has to be more durable, it would depend on the type of the rocket fired from the rocket launcher but yes if it's high powered enough it would take out a tank. Even if they could defeat one tank (which I'm still far from convinced they could), then a jet plane capable of travelling at mach 2 (and the US army has plenty of those) solos

#208 Edited by adiman83 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this was said before but I have only one thing to say about the Voldemort + Death Eaters vs US Military: the Trident II nuclear ballistic missile. This bad boy can carry 4 thermonuclear warheads and has a range of 11,000 Km (7,000 miles for our friends in the US). They don't even have to be near UK to launch one of these.

#209 Edited by Dextersinister (5795 posts) - - Show Bio

@xbuilder said:

In a straight up fight USA all the way.

But with Stealth...we lose.

I would give that advantage to the military, it was already shown that leaders are aware of wizards. They vastly outnumber the wizards who are incredibly ignorant of modern life.

Even if they don't get his lucky charms killing Voldemort still wins the fight by knocking him back into ghosthead or ugly baby form except all his old allies will be dead so he will be stuck like that.

#210 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: A JET PLANE SOLOS?

Flagged for trolling.

#211 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@adiman83:

the Trident II nuclear ballisticmissile. This bad boy can carry 4 thermonuclear warheads and has a range of 11,000 Km (7,000 miles for our friends in the US). They don't even have to be near UK to launch one of these.

Aresto Momentum.

#212 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio
#213 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: You said a jet could solo Voldemort and his death eaters. Confringo has blew a creater in the ground and decimated 11 muggles to dust in an instant, the Death Eaters just take flight and bombard the Jet with confringo! It's not fan-wank. It's a FACT.

#214 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it slightly unnerving that Harry Potter fans call humans "muggles".

#215 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@adiman83:

the Trident II nuclear ballisticmissile. This bad boy can carry 4 thermonuclear warheads and has a range of 11,000 Km (7,000 miles for our friends in the US). They don't even have to be near UK to launch one of these.

Aresto Momentum.

Warheads could approach the target anywhere between Mach 20-30, or in one word, reentry speed. Even gattling cannon would not protect its target from getting nuked, I doubt the Death Eaters have enough reflexes to stop incoming warheads.

#216 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Let me explain what Aresto Momentum does.

It slows down or stops the movement of an object. The US.. Military doesn't use Magic, Voldemort and his men do. Voldemort can perform this spell wandlessly and stop this object.

Any questions?

#217 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Let me explain what Aresto Momentum does.

It slows down or stops the movement of an object. The US.. Military doesn't use Magic, Voldemort and his men do. Voldemort can perform this spell wandlessly and stop this object.

Any questions?

You think I never at least watch complete set of Harry Potter do you?

My point is they don't have enough speed to stop the megatons of warheads from exploding hundred meters above them. He can spam thousands of spells onto it at once and he still have very slim chance of hitting object approaching him at Mach 25 from thousands of feet above.

#218 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1989 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks:T They'll explode in air, ok...? He can form a forcefield so he or his Death Eaters aren't effected, or reanimate statues/buildings and have the warheads explode on that.

Also, do you honestly think that the U.S. is going to nuke the U.S.?

#219 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks:T They'll explode in air, ok...? He can form a forcefield so he or his Death Eaters aren't effected, or reanimate statues/buildings and have the warheads explode on that.

They don't need to use nuke, and even if they have do, they're protocol for it to flatten the entire city to take out concentration of Death Eaters and it's acceptable method of dealing with invasion in extreme case.

Nuke are far more powerful than anything their force field ever take, and even if statue and building is not strong enough to contain a blast.

Conventional saturated bombings are enough to take clusters of Death Eaters out.

#220 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

So the guy who has seemingly endless array of dark magical powers and his army versus an army of normal human beings with guns n' explosives? Hmmm, I think I'll go with the obvious winner here... the guy who has powers. This is a dumb thread and should be locked bc of the mismatch. The only way our military could win is if we start off nuking.

#221 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: When have any of the wizards show reaction speeds/accuracy implying they could hit something going double the speed of sound?

#222 Posted by adiman83 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks said:

They don't need to use nuke, and even if they have do, they're protocol for it to flatten the entire city to take out concentration of Death Eaters and it's acceptable method of dealing with invasion in extreme case.

Nuke are far more powerful than anything their force field ever take, and even if statue and building is not strong enough to contain a blast.

Conventional saturated bombings are enough to take clusters of Death Eaters out.

Exactly my point with the nuke. I don't think their force fields could withstand ONE thermonuclear warhead, let alone all 4 of them inside a Trident. I'm a nuclear chemist and a thermonuclear detonation pretty much equals to the sun exploding above your head. Voldemort and his gang would be dead long before they're even capable of detecting it.

It wouldn't permanently kill our nose-less friend but he will be reverted back to his former status as a ghost. Most likely permanently this time since all his allies would be dead because of the nuclear blast or dying very soon of radiation poisoning.

#223 Edited by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort warps them and has them humiliated.

Or he has them gruesomely left brain dead and sucked dry by the Dementors.

#224 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

North Korea has a better chance of beating US Military than Voldy and his stupidly-named minions.

#225 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

North Korea has a better chance of beating US Military than Voldy and his stupidly-named minions.

not even close lol

#226 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Gime me an M-4 and let's see if Voldemort's ugly face can withstand that.