#151 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15:

Muggles in question limited to UK, not the whole world. Muggles in HP world posed zero threat to him. Competence level barring less than zero. Spells that are 'assumed' by fans, that word keeps getting thrown out everywhere.

@lordofallhumans:Nor does it give license to keep it the same, because the old argument is done. They OP did not exclude any other fiction, only mentions 'US Military' to give the U.S. a win because you couldn't think around Voldemort (that would have taken creativity).

#152 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how it is hard for a dozen wizards to take over a nation, even most of the world, assuming they play smart..

#153 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

Muggles in question limited to UK, not the whole world. Muggles in HP world posed zero threat to him. Competence level barring less than zero. Spells that are 'assumed' by fans, that word keeps getting thrown out everywhere.

@lordofallhumans:Nor does it give license to keep it the same, because the old argument is done. They OP did not exclude any other fiction, only mentions 'US Military' to give the U.S. a win because you couldn't think around Voldemort (that would have taken creativity).

What? If the old argument is done then start a new thread. Not excluding them does not give license to include them to suit your argument. If the OP vaguely said Superman you can't pick any version you want just because it didn't specify, you use the most current version. If it were as simple as saying "since he didn't specify which U.S.army I'll use any U.S. army I can think of" I doubt it would have taken 3 years for somebody to bring this up. That would mean we can all pick different armies which takes away from the OP and a 3 year thread. So that you can continue to argue you add a clause? It's a simple matter of PMing the OP, who didn't seem interested enough to correct anybody once it was clear everybody thought the U.S. army in question was the real one of our world, that leads me to believe the majority of posters in this thread got the general idea and that this indeed the real U.S. army.

#154 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: Doubtful, seeing as the OP's been inactive for years now. It does unless explicitly stated. Most current of US Military in fiction is no wimp either.

#155 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans: Doubtful, seeing as the OP's been inactive for years now. It does unless explicitly stated. Most current of US Military in fiction is no wimp either.

The OP was just active last month, or is one month too ambiguous for you? Perhaps they should state whether or not it's a month on real Earth or a month in comic book time which could mean 3 years or movie time which would mean an hour or so.

I'm done with your nonsense, there are 3 pages (of which you participated in) and 3 years of posts, the consensus is the U.S. military of the real world is being used. So argue whatever you want because outside of me finding your restructuring of the thread absurd nobody else has even paid it any mind. I'm sure you have something to say, but I no longer care.

Have a great one:)

#156 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

The Death-eaters could easily dominate a muggle civilization through infiltration and subterfuge. Illuminati's done it and they're only humans after all.

If they had to try and take the US or a similarly powerful modern nation over by force (because of rules), there's no chance. Hypersonic carpet bombers, snipers, etc.

#157 Edited by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

US Army cannot beat death-eaters nor volde. My word you lot are stupid. They would just fly around fast in mist form, smogging the crap out of the jarheads until they pooped their pants and wished they were back in Kansas.

#158 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

US Army cannot beat death-eaters nor volde. My word you lot are stupid. They would just fly around fast in mist form, smogging the crap out of the jarheads until they pooped their pants and wished they were back in Kansas.

they are arguing about a direct fight. And they don't even have the mist form in the book iirr.

#159 Edited by nickboxxycoleman (4 posts) - - Show Bio

The army wins, he can come back as many times as he wants, there are about 3 million soldiers in the US army, many many more counting our allies, we would kill them, steal their wands, make magic/tech warmachines, capture and waterboard the dementors, and that is all before "freeing" north korea

#160 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

The army wins, he can come back as many times as he wants, there are about 3 million soldiers in the US army, many many more counting our allies, we would kill them, steal their wands, make magic/tech warmachines, capture and waterboard the dementors, and that is all before "freeing" north korea

Nope. Not even close.

#161 Posted by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamesisaacs said:

they are arguing about a direct fight. And they don't even have the mist form in the book iirr.

I dunno if the mist form was described in the books but either way a direct fight would result in the same thing. Whether both sides stand "readied" or not.

#162 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#163 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: ..Yet, average joes with guns would kill them?

Aragorn, go take a seat.

#164 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: What are you saying..?

At least read my comments before replying..

#165 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: On the other thread your basically saying most of the HP universe loses against a team.

Yet, they can take over the whole world being smart? My friend, that's called being two-faced.

#166 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

'Merica wins

#167 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
#168 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: On the other thread your basically saying most of the HP universe loses against a team.

Yet, they can take over the whole world being smart? My friend, that's called being two-faced.

Did you fail to notice that the thread puts the death eater guild against different opponents? Here they're facing american military. The other thread is against fma, who have large number of state alchemists and homunculi with them? And the other thread is an outright fight against people from a universe which contains some guys who can solo many universes. (The one I'm talking about is literally immortal, and literally devoured God.) Here, they can methodically take over.

#169 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

if they face each other in direct combat, voldemort and his army will lose, but if they work from the shadows they can take over the US easily, they can mind control anyone they face, in HP DH part 1 voldemort already had control of the ministry of magic, so controlling US shouldn't be too hard.

#170 Posted by russellmania77 (14854 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@russellmania77 said:

nuke

Agreed, the US has dropped so many of them in their history. Plus, who cares about casualties.

yup cuz casualties really mattered the last time we dropped one ;)

#171 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

America now a days has so much fire power we could literally Solo the world if it were against us. We're not going to loose to a bunch of wizards in a straight up fight.

#172 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

You know how America deal with Magic wizards?

Seriously, we win withing the first Carpet Bomb.

#173 Posted by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

America now a days has so much fire power we could literally Solo the world if it were against us. We're not going to loose to a bunch of wizards in a straight up fight.

Don't be daft. USA has never even been in a full on (entire army) nation vs nation war before. In fact you're losing to towel-headed terrorists as we speak, not to mention the army and navy is largely untested..

#174 Posted by Extremos (72 posts) - - Show Bio

HP story is in 1998, we are in 2013. I think for 15 years, wizards will have invented and improved many spells that could just stomps the US.

China could litteraly destroys the US, imo. If one day there is a war between China and the U.S, the world couldn't even survive.

#175 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamesisaacs

- America easily defeated Japan. America can easily defeat Russia, China, both Koreans because we have stleath bombers that can travel half way around the world in under an hour. Plus, we are beginning to laser based weopones. We have camera attaches to soldier vest so that everyone knows what happens during Special Ops missions. We have Anti-missiles defenses. We have Satellites. Yeah America is pretty much the safest place to live because we Curbestomp everyone else, including these silly Death Eaters.

#176 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

Loosing? We don't use our army at home, the police do that. Comparing us to a bunch of one time terrorist is misrepresentation of America's power.

#177 Posted by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

#178 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@russellmania77 said:

nuke

Agreed, the US has dropped so many of them in their history. Plus, who cares about casualties.

yup cuz casualties really mattered the last time we dropped one ;)

ROFL, dropping a nuke would only rally more opposition against the US military.

#179 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

Muggles in question limited to UK, not the whole world. Muggles in HP world posed zero threat to him. Competence level barring less than zero. Spells that are 'assumed' by fans, that word keeps getting thrown out everywhere..

Have you read the books? Voldemort and other higher class wizards use non verbal spells, i.e. we don't hear them say them so where would you like me to get the names from? Humans in this world would pose zero threat to him. Terrorists all over the world are able to evade capture, living in caves and crap. lol

#180 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: how fast do these spells travel, what is the distance that they fight ?

etc, etc.
too many variables left open by the OP

#181 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

Muggles in question limited to UK, not the whole world. Muggles in HP world posed zero threat to him. Competence level barring less than zero. Spells that are 'assumed' by fans, that word keeps getting thrown out everywhere..

Have you read the books? Voldemort and other higher class wizards use non verbal spells, i.e. we don't hear them say them so where would you like me to get the names from? Humans in this world would pose zero threat to him. Terrorists all over the world are able to evade capture, living in caves and crap. lol

I agree with you that they can potentially beat any country via stealth and playing smart. But I don't think the wizards can face military in a straight out fight, no hiding.

#182 Edited by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

I agree with you that they can potentially beat any country via stealth and playing smart. But I don't think the wizards can face military in a straight out fight, no hiding.

Of course they can, they meet head on, have a staring contest then cast a none verbal shield magic before the troops can finish squeezing their triggers. Shields remain active due to them being magic and then the slaughter ensues. Death-eaters don't need to hide.

#183 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:=

Even then, I think they could overwhelm the military using the Unforgiveable Curses, taking over their minds, spamming killing curses, etc. Heck, they could even transfigure some statues to fight on their side like those in Hogwarts.

@nerx: Exactly, I'm just using the HP characters at their full potential. Your basic wizards is capable of teleportation. Teleport>fire off a curse>Teleport away>Repeat.

#184 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: even ron weasley and neville?

#185 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: Well, they're going to be wrecked in a clear fight imo. No wizard is a bullet timer, I doubt they could pull off apparition repeatedly when bullets are being fired. Statues could be a problem, but nothing unbeatable.

#186 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio
#187 Posted by Jezer (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@thc said:

The Death-eaters could easily dominate a muggle civilization through infiltration and subterfuge. Illuminati's done it and they're only humans after all.

If they had to try and take the US or a similarly powerful modern nation over by force (because of rules), there's no chance. Hypersonic carpet bombers, snipers, etc.

@thc said:

Illuminati's done it and they're only humans after all.

@thc said:

Illuminati's done it

This is the gem of the thread rofl

#188 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao this is such a mismatch it's unreal- one tank solos!

#189 Edited by ShadowPro (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jade1977 said:

If Voldemort tried to take over the United States, could the might of the entire U.S. military stop him?

you idiot, voldemort stompssssssssssss

there is nothing this puny muggles can do against he and his army

#190 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: One tank? Confringo! Or Explous blows it up.

I bet Gandalf the Grey would solo the Military, wouldn't he?

Just STOP.

#191 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio
#192 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: No actually he wouldn't, he could kill a fair few of them but not solo. Gandalf the White may be able to though. Seriously mate, when have either of those two spells ever destroyed anything as durable as a tank?

#193 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

The op needs to specify a lot more data..

#194 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@equin0x said:

Sorry about the bump, but if Voldemort was going to attack the military, he would easily win...

Reason #1: Guns, Grenades, Tanks, Aircraft etc. won't work.

Voldemort can easily conjure a shield which would stop all conventional weapons, and you'll need magic to break through the shield, so the army doesn't stand a chance to hurt him. And he is smart enough to do so. He used this to protect his snake in the last book, seemingly without effort.

Reason #2: Horcruxes.

Someone here said this: " his soul hidey places get carpet bombed and he promptly dies"

"bombing" horcruxes will have no effect on them whatsoever. You need a basilisk fang, or magic spells to destroy them, there is no other way, not even destroying the solar system would even scratch them. I doubt the army could ever find the horcruxes, and when they do, even if they somehow have a basilisk fang(highly unlikely), they wouldn't be able to get past voldemorts magic defences, because you need magic to get past them (and btw you need magic to even find them)

Reason #3: Magic (duh)

If normal firearms can't harm him if he doesn't expect it (and he will, because even if you can shoot him through the head once, he will have horcruxes which you can't destroy, and he will come back with a shield, making him impossible to stop without magic), he can easily kill everyone he wants without any resistance and use Imperio on the the guys he might need (like the president).

So any reasonably powerful wizard could probably take out the US Army without too much effort all by himself.

PS.

Reason #4: Dementors. Dementors can not be killed and they are part of voldemorts army. So: One Dementor > All of humanity.

You need a patronus charm to drive them away.

Reason #5: Inferi.

Anyone voldemort kills can be turned into an inferius. They are not alive, and therefore can't be killed, you will have to shoot all limbs and it's head off to stop it, which would take lots or bullets, or a grenade. However, Voldemort could turn billions of people into inferi in no time by killing unexpecting muggles and turn them into inferi. They would eventually outnumber humans on the planet and win. (I doubt he would use them here though, because he can use methods I have pointed out before to stop everyone faster)

Lmao did you really say not even a solar system buster would destroy horcruxes? That is absurd, but it's just conjured up a very funny image of the entire solar system being wiped out and these tiny flimsy trinkets floating around until the next big bang, which OBVIOUSLY won't destroy them right?

#195 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16627 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

@kingjohnrocks: No actually he wouldn't, he could kill a fair few of them but not solo. Gandalf the White may be able to though. Seriously mate, when have either of those two spells ever destroyed anything as durable as a tank?

Not sure how Gandalf comes in the thread. He's not voldemort, nor a death eater, and if I recall right he's not part of usa military.. where is he coming from lol

#196 Edited by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio
#197 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza: SSL, show me the feats or stop hating. I have reasons to believe the Death Eaters and Voldemort can win. Your reason for their loss is "HP is weak. Gandalf solos. Military solos. A cat solos. A tank solos"

Stop.

#198 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@mirrorwave4 said:

Don't be daft. USA has never even been in a full on (entire army) nation vs nation war before. In fact you're losing to towel-headed terrorists as we speak, not to mention the army and navy is largely untested..

US fought Japan mostly by themselves (with some help from Australian, but most of the navy is US). Many nations including Russia and many countries in Europe as well as bunch of Southeast Asian countries have problem with local Muslim extremists, and even they couldn't eradicate them, not just US due to the fact that they don't need a state to function. This is from non-American by the way.

#199 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

UK did not even take action against the wizard, and I believe if UK government wants to, they can easily eradicate the entire race of wizards as well.

#200 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Yet, Voldemort took over the entire U.K government with his death eaters.