Voldemort and his Death Eaters vs. the U.S. military

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It'll take ages to convince people to act. No one is going to take the news seriously. By the time they do, it'll be over.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By X_insignia1

I doubt Voldemort is stupid enough to take on an entire army of humans, especially with modern weapons.

This is how it would go if he was to do so.

Voldemort: Wait...whats that noise?

lmao you just made my day.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@sideslash

Sigh...no. In sight of EACH OTHER. Hence, they start with them ALL seeing each other. Even if he goes invisible, he will get shot.

I just can't believe Voldemort nor his death eaters can be shot. I mean, this is a battle with the death eaters:

Loading Video...

Alright, now here's the U.S. military:

Loading Video...

Which one, in your opinion, is going to be more effective? You see, they didn't even fire until they saw the terrorist, then again, that would give the Death eaters time to go invisible, fire down spells, fly around, teleport, etc.

Plus, you can't shoot Voldemort. I mean, what if he has a Defensive charm or a transfiguration shield infront of him? The U.S. MIlitary can NOT combat that.

He speedblitzed Harry? *Gasp.* THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING- Wait...no, it doesn't. Harry's reactions weren't anything I'd consider spectacular for his age. Hell, I could probably beat Harry on the quick draw.

I doubt a normal human like you could beat Harry. Run up to him, he casts Levicorpus and slams people into the wall, or simply uses the hardening charm. <.<

Voldemort missed Harry THREE TIMES in the battle in the graveyard at the end of Goblet of Fire.

This never occured in the books.

He has used Crucio as an accomplished way to easily stun someone. Rowling describes the pain of Crucio feeling like their bones were on fire, in fact their bones WERE on fire, and even brung someone near death begging for air with Crucio. Rowling was clear that Crucio sets the bones on fire metaphorically.

Voldemort moved slowly forward and turned to face Harry. He raised his wand.

"Crucio!"

It was pain beyond anything Harry had ever experienced; his very bones were on fire; his head was surely splitting along his scar; his eyes were rolling madly in his head; he wanted it to end...to black out...to die...

- Taken From: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

With one word, Voldemort can kill someone/set their bones onto fire. That is power, that is faster then a teenager with a shotgun.

Voldemort has also mastered all 3 unforgiveable curses which is Crucio, Imperio, and Avada Kedavra.

Infact, he didn't even miss in the books. Never did.

In the movies, he effortlessly deflected a Spell with his bare hands!

Without a word, he made Harry bow!

Loading Video...

1:46 wordlessly, without a spell, he makes Harry Potter bow to his feet in pain. Saying the word "Bow" isn't a spell.

1:51 He wandlessly knocks Harry Potter down to his feet with his hand.

2:08, wandlessly and wordlessly he uses his hand and deflects Expellimarus with it (I can't think of any other Wizard but Dumbledore who can deflect spells with his bare hand)

2:43 He wandlessly levitates harry's body (a mental spell) making him get up.

2:46 Without a word he casts Avada Kedavra, the instant killing curse

Yeah, Voldemort certainly got owned in the graveyard. Not.

Harry lying pretty much prone and still. Voldemort fires, misses to Harry's right. Harry starts to get up, Voldemort fires again, misses again. Harry starts running, Voldemort misses again.

Details speka for themselves.

Plus, Voldemort is a master at torture.

"Don't you run from me, Harry Potter! I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the life leave your eyes!" - Lord Voldemort. Please, tell me another character with a phrase better then that.

So, what's stopping him? The fact that he's never once fired a "petrification hex", and that he'd probably miss.

He has mastered all Hexes.

Pertifying curse = Full Body-Bind Curse. He has mastered a wide amount of curses. Plus, "probably" is speculation. If students at hogwarts can do a Full Body Bind, he can.

Reducto's meant to blow solid objects into oblivion...not really a strong argument. If that were the case, Harry could have destroyed the gate in Prisoner of Azkaban with it, instead of opting for Bombarda. And Umbridge could have use it to blow her way into the Room of Requirement, instead of opting for Bombarda Maxima. The only thing I remember Reducto being used on in recent time is the locket from Harry.

You don't believe me?

In meetings of Dumbledore's Army paravit Partal and Ginny Weasley produced Reductor Curses so powerful that they disintegrated a table and Death Eater duelling simulacrum/dummy respectively.

20110806-js-hpoop-reducto

Reducto in action ^

Reducto can be used to stop a nuke in mid-air.

Yeah his possession power. He can possess ONE person. You don't think they'll be noticed after he possesses them? And arrested? And then he'd be trapped in a jail, unable to use magic because he's in a muggle's body.

Once he possess someone, he can leave when he choses. He possesed Snakes, pigs, etc, and left at his will. He won't be trapped in a muggle body if he simply leaves.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nuke

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: No one in Harry Potterverse had any noticeably good reaction feats. Not Voldemort, not any of the Death Eaters, none of the good wizards, and not anyone in this battle.

Soldiers are trained to have fast reflexes. They will beat any Potterverse wizard in a matter of speed. They can press the triggers faster than anyone in the Potterverse will fire a spell.

And that's another point. Riddle's an egomaniac. That will lead to his defeat. All it takes is for one person to get one shot off, and Voldemort's done for. And you know what led to the original devastation of the Death Eaters? That's right, Voldemort's original death, when his killing curse rebounded. Voldemort's body gets killed, and then the Death Eaters will fall apart.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Xanni15

Voldemort still stomps. Without Dumbledore or the Order going against him the US Military has no chance. The military isn't going to just drop nukes at random, nor are they just going to shoot random people who might be under the Imperious Curse. There's simply no counter for the way Voldemort normally goes about his attack (he's not going to stand in front of a gun), and using the argument that he couldn't defeat Harry is ridiculous and shows you can't correctly put the entire series into context.

The only reason Voldy's body was destroyed was because of Lilly's love, that's it. Numerous times throughout the series Harry should have died but his Marry Stu powers protected him. Besides Dumbledore (who knew Tom Riddle better than probably anyone), did anyone else even suspect Horcruxes? Nope, so I seriously doubt the US military would be able to deduce this. Yes, it took Voldy years to come back in another body, but again this was with Dumbledore on the lookout. There's no DD here.

Guns are not going through a Protego spell, and that's a minor spell in HP. If Voldy starts summoning supernatural stuff you can bet the US military is going to be freaking out, so their normal spray and pray tactics are going to be even more hectic. As someone else already posted, Voldy can fly and teleport like Nightcrawler, we saw in X-2 what trained Secret Service did to him, or didn't do.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77 said:

nuke

Agreed, the US has dropped so many of them in their history. Plus, who cares about casualties.

@nerx said:

Area 51, HAARP , do not f*** with the US and A

just ask the sand dwellers in the middle east

ROFL, beating 3rd world countries is now something to brag about? Yeah, let's ask them how long it took the mighty US military to defeat their country. smh

Not that I even need to say it, but that's a ridiculous comparison.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: No one in Harry Potterverse had any noticeably good reaction feats. Not Voldemort, not any of the Death Eaters, none of the good wizards, and not anyone in this battle.

Soldiers are trained to have fast reflexes. They will beat any Potterverse wizard in a matter of speed. They can press the triggers faster than anyone in the Potterverse will fire a spell.

And that's another point. Riddle's an egomaniac. That will lead to his defeat. All it takes is for one person to get one shot off, and Voldemort's done for. And you know what led to the original devastation of the Death Eaters? That's right, Voldemort's original death, when his killing curse rebounded. Voldemort's body gets killed, and then the Death Eaters will fall apart.

Wizards train their reflexes beginning in the first year (11 years old IIRC), so one can assume that they have about 8 years of training in mock duels to hone reflexes, before graduation. These are adults wizards that have been battling even after they left school, their reflexes should be fine especially when compared to the thousands upon thousands of people that would have just joined the military and those that have not actually been in combat.

Voldemort can read minds, and can mind rape at least several hundred minds from a distance at once just by speaking to them like he did to the entire School in the last movie, that alone will make it pretty hard to just shoot him. And before snipers come up, I would consider that prep since they have to get into position, if they can do that then he should be able to cast the spell Hermione used to hide the group in the woods.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Except no one in the books had particularly good reflex feats.

Voldemort didn't mind rape anyone when he was talking to the school. The whole point of that was giving them a free chance to hand over Harry.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@xanni15:

it is a bragging right, did voldy do anything remotely similar?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Except no one in the books had particularly good reflex feats.

Voldemort didn't mind rape anyone when he was talking to the school. The whole point of that was giving them a free chance to hand over Harry.

Compared to what? What are you basing them not having good reflexes on? They had good enough reflexes to avoid being hit by spells. The children play a game that involves them flying on broom sticks in any weather to catch some golden ball with wings that flies faster then they do. You know the reflexes of everybody in the U.S. military? You would need to, to make the assumption that they can fire a gun and actually hit the wizard before said wizard can flick his wrist and summon a shield or apparate.

And the result of his entering their minds caused panic and fear in all those they heard it, thus he raped their minds. I don't see a bunch of humans that mostly don't believe in magic or telepathy not reacting in a similar fashion.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

He took over the entire Wizarding world in two short years.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Nerx

@lordofallhumans: What are the full capacity, and is this 'in character' with the dumbness or what?

how

when

where

why

who

what

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#115  Edited By Pyrogram

2miles away/thread

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

He took over the entire Wizarding world in two short years.

PFFT, that's not impressive, at least not compared to beating people who live in caves or houses made out of dirt.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Nerx

@xanni15: Did those wizards live under dirt poor conditions?

nope

http://edinburgh.tab.co.uk/files/2013/03/url3.jpeg

1024 × 768 - edinburgh.tab.co.uk
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: You know that is exactly my point, right? Voldemort's tech>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Middle Eastern Tech.

What was the point of posting that picture, they wouldn't work.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans: What are the full capacity, and is this 'in character' with the dumbness or what?

how

when

where

why

who

what

I was just answering your question, you asked had he done anything similar he actually took over the place we was warring with in two years. I didn't make the thread so I can't answer any of the questions asked in this post. Battle threads are usually in character unless stated otherwise and PIS is turned off. The same PIS that kept Voldemort and the Deatheaters from using the same spell Goyle used, which would have swept through and killed nearly everybody at Hogwarts is not on.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Nerx
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Xanni15

@nerx: His magic is a form of tech.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: O.O

Did JK rowling add that bit in an interview so that HP can win in a debate

that b!tch

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: I don't know what you're talking about. Technology won't work around Voldemort, so trying to nuke him is pointless.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Nerx

@xanni15: only in hogwarts, should DE/V be dumb enough to enter open battlefield they are toast

their defensive spells are maxed at building level at best

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@pyrogram said:

2miles away/thread

Without prep included the Military cannot enact any of their strategies until after the battle starts, so snipers and such cannot be put in place until after shots are fired to start the battle. Since there are several soldiers and no prep one can assume that Voldemort can raise a shield when the first shots are fired, so shooting from two miles away (which would have to happen after the battle begins to not be prep) would be just as effective as shooting up close.

Actually since this is him trying to take over the U.S. it's safe to say he has to attack first for them to even know what is going, forces would have to be marshalled without prep or warning. I doubt very seriously our government would take a guy in robes with a stick seriously, until he actually does something to prove he is serious, like letting loose a fire monster that consumes everything in it's path and can attack from multiple angles.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: He raped their minds by making them panic, huh? Because they reacted exactly the same as they normally would.

The Slytherins, Pansy Parkinson in particular, tried to sacrifice Harry, and the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws defended him.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@xanni15: only in hogwarts, should DE/V be dumb enough to enter open battlefield they are toast

their defensive spells are maxed at building level at best

And yet everyone is assuming Voldemort is just going to march right up to military with guns (which he won't) and that those people will shoot him on sight (which they won't). Multiple places in HP have spells on them which cause you to forget why you went there if you get too close.

Proof?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15:

In character he underestimates the muggles and their tech, his 'battle plan' against harry and palls amount to zerg rush.

What does his protego protect him against that is shown in the novels?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see this whole "Voldemort would just manipulate the military" nonsense. But I don't think people comprehend what a battle is.

The OP states Voldemort and his Death Eaters vs the US Military. That means, the war has already started, and the battle has begun. There's no manipulating the government anymore, because it's already started. The US is already targeting him, and probably knows he can manipulate people.

In all honesty, I think they would bomb him from haflway across the globe, and he'd be a pile of ash before sundown.

Anything showing he can survive a MOAB?

Loading Video...

Or a patriot missile traveling at Mach 3+?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@xanni15: Voldemort uses tech?

@lordofallhumans: Did they dominate magic world by PIS?

PIS is what kept them from winning IMO, unlike most of the citizens of the wizarding world Voldemort and his ilk practice dark magic, most others only know about it in theory. When they thought Harry was dead they basically gave up since they believed in the prophesy stating Harry would defeat the dark lord. The rest of their world had given up months before.

@lordofallhumans: He raped their minds by making them panic, huh? Because they reacted exactly the same as they normally would.

The Slytherins, Pansy Parkinson in particular, tried to sacrifice Harry, and the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws defended him.

The entire school was caught by surprise by his mind speaking with them, they were visibly afraid some touching the sides of their heads, some frightened enough to scream in terror, and these a kids that know about magic and his power to enter minds. I doubt the unprepared minds of soldiers will react any differently. Are you implying that mind raping only occurs when you mind control another? Mind raping is whenever you forcibly enter the mind of another and they are usually aware of it and can do nothing to stop it, thus the word rape, and that is what he did.

This was all after he spoke to them. What's your point? Mine is the act of entering their minds filled them with a sense of dread. This alone will prove useful against an army and could easily take many of them off their game even if for a moment.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Nerx
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

No, the OP states he is trying to take over the U.S.,and asks if the military can stop him. Which would suggest he has already attacked. How would the U.S. know he was trying to take over unless he did something to show it? Since there is no prep we can assume he didn't warn of the attack, so it's safe to say he attacked and the military is now responding to that attack. His first attack could very well be to get at the minds of leaders.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans: PISmort loses, in this case if they follow that effect.

In forum battles there is no PIS, so they won't "follow that effect".

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: the fun thing is that the OP did not specify what 'US Military' this is, and in fiction there are plenty of us military folks that can solo HP verse.

try 3 space sectors witch

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

No, the OP states he is trying to take over the U.S.,and asks if the military can stop him. Which would suggest he has already attacked. How would the U.S. know he was trying to take over unless he did something to show it? Since there is no prep we can assume he didn't warn of the attack, so it's safe to say he attacked and the military is now responding to that attack. His first attack could very well be to get at the minds of leaders.

So the entire US military is trying to stop him.....but they aren't trying to fight him.....

I doubt he's influencing all the US leaders, who's authority would be questioned if they didn't pursue him, or didn't provide any relevant results.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@floopay:

So the entire US military is trying to stop him.....but they aren't trying to fight him.....

I doubt he's influencing all the US leaders, who's authority would be questioned if they didn't pursue him, or didn't provide any relevant results.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

They would be responding to him already attacking is the point. The whole point of the battle is they will try to fight him, so I'm not sure what you mean, unless you are attempting to invalidate my response by using semantics.

He actually only needs to influence the mind of the Commander and Chief and his orders will not be questioned, and even so they will be followed (because that's what soldiers do, follow orders and respect the chain of command) until the system can work him out of office and prove he is not behaving in the best interest of the country. The authority of leaders would also be questioned if said leaders believe that they best way to deal with a threat is to nuke American soil killing thousands of their own military and civilians alike.

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans: the fun thing is that the OP did not specify what 'US Military' this is, and in fiction there are plenty of us military folks that can solo HP verse.

What's even more fun is since the OP didn't state which U.S. military it's safe to assume that he wasn't asking us to individually guess from the hundreds of fictional versions and was talking about the real one.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: there is that one battle forum rule that states one of the combatants must be comic character/related

No Caption Provided

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@floopay:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

They would be responding to him already attacking is the point. The whole point of the battle is they will try to fight him, so I'm not sure what you mean, unless you are attempting to invalidate my response by using semantics.

He actually only needs to influence the mind of the Commander and Chief and his orders will not be questioned, and even so they will be followed (because that's what soldiers do, follow orders and respect the chain of command) until the system can work him out of office and prove he is not behaving in the best interest of the country. The authority of leaders would also be questioned if said leaders believe that they best way to deal with a threat is to nuke American soil killing thousands of their own military and civilians alike.

@nerx said:

What's even more fun is since the OP didn't state which U.S. military it's safe to assume that he wasn't asking us to individually guess from the hundreds of fictional versions and was talking about the real one.

Alright. Then I suppose Voldemort could win via manipulating the military before war is already declared, but while they are still trying to stop him. However, if they had declared war or decided to eliminate him and were actually trying to stop him, instead of just standing around discussing possible methods of stopping him, I would think they would win. I haven't seen anything of Harry Potter to suggest their spells could tank the concussive force of even the most basic missiles, bombs, and explosives. And considering a lot of missiles operate in the Mach 3-5 range, that would mean if the missile were half a mile away when they noticed it, they would have anywhere from 0.6 to 1.2 seconds to react to it. And, then of course, trying to survive the blast.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

*snip*

well actually I think US might solo, since the amount of metahumans they have will overwhelm the HPverse

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans: there is that one battle forum rule that states one of the combatants must be comic character/related

No Caption Provided

and there is the rule that states that they must be specified in order for you to make that rule valid in this particular thread, the thread that you were arguing in until now using the real U.S. government. If you feel a rule was broken and this doesn't belong then flag it, but don't try and twist things to fit your needs because as anybody that can read can see, you too were under the impression (along with everybody else) that the OP meant the real U.S. military simply because it didn't state take your pick of any U.S. military in fiction.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans:

I did until I realized it is not mentioned that it is the IRL US that is on he topic. Adding a new perspective, there is no specification about it being our us military either. People just roll with it, my argument still stands that the US wins.

more firepower you can include alan moore's harry potter if you want

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@floopay said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@floopay said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@floopay:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

@nerx said:

Alright. Then I suppose Voldemort could win via manipulating the military before war is already declared, but while they are still trying to stop him. However, if they had declared war or decided to eliminate him and were actually trying to stop him, instead of just standing around discussing possible methods of stopping him, I would think they would win. I haven't seen anything of Harry Potter to suggest their spells could tank the concussive force of even the most basic missiles, bombs, and explosives. And considering a lot of missiles operate in the Mach 3-5 range, that would mean if the missile were half a mile away when they noticed it, they would have anywhere from 0.6 to 1.2 seconds to react to it. And, then of course, trying to survive the blast.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

They will have to discuss methods of eliminating him because they have never encountered this form of attack . They will however send in a unit to respond to his attack. Attacks from deatheaters can destroy buildings and bridges it's safe to say they have attack on par with basic missiles and nearly their entire army let loosed on the barrier (Protego Maxima)protectingthe school and nothing happened until Voldemort fueled by rage and pain used the most powerful wand in the world to take it down, after it was already attacked by nearly his entire army.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans:

I did until I realized it is not mentioned that it is the IRL US that is on he topic. Adding a new perspective, there is no specification about it being our us military either. People just roll with it, my argument still stands that the US wins.

more firepower you can include alan moore's harry potter if you want

Your argument does not stand, and is invalidated by your previous posts that prove you were on the same page as everybody else until you found out PIS doesn't work in battle threads. Your "new perspective" seems like a desperate attempt to re-work the existing thread so that your arguments can hold weight. You can easily rectify this by PMing @jade1977, which I doubt will do any good on a 3 year old thread, in which you are apparently the only person "clever" enough to use this weak new tactic.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Nerx

@lordofallhumans: It does, as it points out the the question in hand. I have been wrong in the previous posts predating the one with the john stewart pic. It is not PIS but the vagueness of the main question itself. Not a desperation but a creative insight.

You seem gaggled by the old one

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans: Modern RPGS can take out armored vehicles, small buildings, and certainly do a lot of damage to a bridge.

Loading Video...

Or fire things like Hellfires from a mile away.

Loading Video...

If the military is to dispatch anything to handle an unknown enemy threat, it's probably going to be a stealth aircraft, or an Apache Longbow, and depending on the threat, probably more than one. These things have long ranged scouting abilities, they have lethal weaponry, they are silent, and they can overcome an enemy in moments. They can rain a half dozen missiles, each capable of leveling a building, in the span of half a second, from miles away, and those missiles, traveling at average speed would arrive at the target in only a few seconds, if not less time.

Loading Video...

These things are often equipped with 30mm, as well as a nice arsenal of explosives. They are used often, and have been in service for a long while for good reason. It's pretty common for the military to send these to handle armed infantry. It keeps the troops safe, keeps our men out of harm, and can dispatch the enemy long before they even realize they're being attacked.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lordofallhumans: It does, as it points out the the question in hand. I have been wrong in the previous posts predating the one with the john stewart pic. It is not PIS but the vagueness of the main question itself. Not a desperation but a creative insight.

You seem gaggled by the old one

The vagueness of the main question does not give one license to add any opponent they see fit because their previous argument didn't work out the way they wanted. You made the point yourself when you talked about the rule in which a comic book related character should be included, if the OP meant the DC U.S. military (for example) I doubt we would be discussing the validity of your "new perspective", nor would this debate be going on if we can use any U.S. military in fiction seemingly at random and on an individual basis. It's not creative at all, had it been your first method of response and not a recently thought up plan B then yes it would have been some what creative, as it stands it just a ploy to give the U.S. a win because you couldn't think around Voldemort (that would have taken creativity).

P.S. you're not using gaggle correctly, unless you are using the definition from any dictionary in fiction you see fit.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This all depends on the scenario. In most scenarios The USA wins without nukes. Ok now the situation on Riddle winning this.

- American's have huge Switzerland accounts

- All Tom Riddle has to do is attack Switzerland banks with his death Eaters without being noticed

- If he plays it smart, he can start a conspiracy and make the U.S believe its the Koreans or the Chechen's (The place the Boston Bomber's were from) did it.

- Next, he makes his way into the U.S with fake I.D's that seem legit

- For a few years wait for the American Economy to drop again, and set up a plan the whole time

- During the time, American's will have already been at war trying to fight while Voltermort and his Death Eater's slowly kill off American Government official and go in as them with the use of magic.

- This is a scenario like the one on the GI. Joe movie, but unfortunately that means Voldermort will have to skip the U.S Army, and Voldermort will unlikely do this because he looks down on human beings like Hitler looks down on Jews. And we all know how well it turned out for Hitler.

- Overall, Voldermort looses pretty badly.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@xanni15:

In character he underestimates the muggles and their tech, his 'battle plan' against harry and palls amount to zerg rush.

What does his protego protect him against that is shown in the novels?

In character he took over the British government, the Muggles posed ZERO threat to him, Harry posed ZERO threat to him.

Voldy uses spells above protego, and his speed allows him to dodge pretty much anything.

@floopay said:

I see this whole "Voldemort would just manipulate the military" nonsense. But I don't think people comprehend what a battle is.

The OP states Voldemort and his Death Eaters vs the US Military. That means, the war has already started, and the battle has begun. There's no manipulating the government anymore, because it's already started. The US is already targeting him, and probably knows he can manipulate people.

In all honesty, I think they would bomb him from haflway across the globe, and he'd be a pile of ash before sundown.

Anything showing he can survive a MOAB?

Or a patriot missile traveling at Mach 3+?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Except even if you were correct about the guidelines of this battle, tech would not work. The bombs would disarm themselves before they even got there, or Voldy would simply transfigure them, or maybe just teleport away. Voldy would still infiltrate the government as they still have zero defense against. He bypasses any and all security systems, puts people under his control, etc.

And how exactly is the military supposed to magically know where he is located? He doesn't have a home base (no Malfoy manor does not count). We have real life terrorists who have been hiding out for years and the US is supposedly targeting them. LOL

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Xanni15

@floopay said:

@lordofallhumans: Modern RPGS can take out armored vehicles, small buildings, and certainly do a lot of damage to a bridge.

If the military is to dispatch anything to handle an unknown enemy threat, it's probably going to be a stealth aircraft, or an Apache Longbow, and depending on the threat, probably more than one. These things have long ranged scouting abilities, they have lethal weaponry, they are silent, and they can overcome an enemy in moments. They can rain a half dozen missiles, each capable of leveling a building, in the span of half a second, from miles away, and those missiles, traveling at average speed would arrive at the target in only a few seconds, if not less time.

These things are often equipped with 30mm, as well as a nice arsenal of explosives. They are used often, and have been in service for a long while for good reason. It's pretty common for the military to send these to handle armed infantry. It keeps the troops safe, keeps our men out of harm, and can dispatch the enemy long before they even realize they're being attacked.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

None of those things are fast enough to tag Voldy, nor do we have any proof they'd actually hurt him. We've seen him take damage from:

1. Horcruxes being destroyed (the US military has ZERO chance of knowing about these and//or finding them)
  2. Harry's wand magically killing splitting Voldy's wand and putting a spell in him
  3. Lilly's love causing his killing curse to rebound

Stealth in our terms is nothing compared to HP universe where Voldy can setup spells to warn him. This is all again acting under the assumption that the military could find him.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This isn't an armed infantry, it's English guys and gals in robes with sticks. Protego Maxima dissolves solid objects that touch it so I don't see any of these things actually getting a chance to detonate anyway, as stated he has attacked and is trying to take over and will in the least know they will not just lie there and take it. People are also forgetting that the ministry has a department that studies muggles and their tech. I wouldn't consider knowing about this prep because he took over the ministry and would have already known about such weapons as he planned on taking on the entire world not just the wizarding one. The U.S. military's greatest asset is that many of their number have probably read and watched Harry Potter.

You are banking a lot on the government using such devastating attacks on American soil at the start of a battle. In character it won't happen that way. I have not said that Voldemort will win either, just that people are not looking at the big picture in regards to how much power a single wizard can have alone, let alone an army of like minded wizards and witches. So they can attack from several miles away and in seconds deliver said attack, Voldemort is a master of mind reading magic, I don't see how this can be hidden from him without PIS, in a world that tends not to stress training the mind against invasions from evil wizards.

Point is if a race of powerful magic users attacked us right now, we would be hard pressed with finding ways to counter their magic, because at first we wouldn't believe a word they were saying until they started causing mayhem.