#51 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (712 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume their will be spells to counter muggle weaponary Voldemort was going to enslave the muggles he must of had a rough idea of what he was up against, maybe he had a spell that could disable all the technology.

#52 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4062 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom wins plain and simple

#53 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Change my answer to it depends on the circumstances.

#54 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@EternalDecider said:

@kingkronos: Will you use this against my battle of "Voldemort against Dath Sidious"? Or do you think Sidious would win?

Sidious wins via. speedblitz in that fight

Voldy is nowhere near as fast as Palpatine, and could probably not keep up with him in a standard confrontation

#55 Edited by dwade (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equin0x: (based just in the movies)

reason 1 : maybe , dumbuldor(i m not sure if its written thath way) turn glasses in sand(cause glases are made of sand) but i m not sure if voldemort can stop bullets i never see him try

reason2: maybe, the basilisk fang is the way u can make it if you dont have a nuke xd jajaj i dont know if harry try with a hammer or throw the ring.. horocruxes to a volcano i just see hi try to destroy the horocrux with spells soo im not sure if erase thee horocruxes of the existance with extreme heat will work but u dont know too

reason 3: if we are not sure of 1 we cant not be sure of this too

reason 4 : i m not sure of nothing of the dementors soo i cant talk

reason 5: why a undead cant die?? a zombie can die , a vampire can die. why the inferi cant die?? and if they cant die us army shoot em up and get the job done

last buddy the nuke make you melt cant win vs that ? and why if the wizard are soo unstopable why they are hidding ??

@Immortal13 said:

I'd say Voldemort could very easily infiltrate the government by a variety of methods. He could use the Imperius Curse to make the President do whatever he wanted or just take him out and place in one of his own death eaters feeding them polyjuice potion on a routine basis. I don't think the military would be much of help, Voldemort is to much of an unconventional threat.

and how voldemort handle this???

GOD BLESS AMERICA

#56 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equin0x said:

Sorry about the bump, but if Voldemort was going to attack the military, he would easily win...

Reason #1: Guns, Grenades, Tanks, Aircraft etc. won't work.

Voldemort can easily conjure a shield which would stop all conventional weapons, and you'll need magic to break through the shield, so the army doesn't stand a chance to hurt him. And he is smart enough to do so. He used this to protect his snake in the last book, seemingly without effort.

1) It's okay to bump this. Remember, you can bump threads no matter how old they are, just make sure it isn't a bad thread.

2) Voldemort could get sniped before he even utters a word to summon that spell.

#57 Posted by Rockit (36 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

USA

Even if Voldemort put the imperious curse on the people in charge, the system still means that they won't have absolute power. Is this battle counting American wizards too?

#59 Posted by ShootingNova (17380 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

@EternalDecider said:

@kingkronos: Will you use this against my battle of "Voldemort against Dath Sidious"? Or do you think Sidious would win?

Sidious wins via. speedblitz in that fight

Voldy is nowhere near as fast as Palpatine, and could probably not keep up with him in a standard confrontation

Unfortunately nobody sees this, Sidious' attacks are faster than Voldemort's reaction, or in fact, anybody's reaction in HP. Thus, Voldemort wouldn't even be able to react.

Voldemort loses in the end, but the Horcruxes pretty much prevent him from fully dying.

#60 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: You really dont have to kill Voldemort to beat him. His body was destroyed when he killed Lily and James, and it took him what? 14 years to regain his body?

And that was with people assisting him the entire time.

Palpatine might very likely possess the ability to destroy his ethereal spirit as well, he's very experienced in draining people's very lifeforce, and actually can beat Voldemort at his own game. He's far better/more efficient at tranferring his essence into other corporeal bodies when compared to Voldemort.

#61 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Posted by ShootingNova (17380 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56: I know that, but I was just saying its not a permanent kill.

Yes, very easily. Palpatine has transferred essence into live beings and even attempted against beings that were unborn. But that's getting off-topic.

#63 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Military should win here....

#64 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Military via a coordinated airstrike, long range nuclear cruise missiles, a supersonic bullet fired from 1km away ripping through Voldemort's head, or a high altitude aircraft dropping a thermonuclear warhead that obliterates everything within a 10 mile radius.

#65 Posted by ShootingNova (17380 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

Military via a coordinated airstrike, long range nuclear cruise missiles, a supersonic bullet fired from 1km away ripping through Voldemort's head, or a high altitude aircraft drops a thermonuclear warhead and obliterates everything within a 10 mile radius.

LOL, true.

#66 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to give it to the military. Keep their distance and use airstrikes, they will win.

#67 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure who would win?

#68 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#69 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

The American special forces don't have magic with which to locate Voldemorte unless he wants to be found. All he would need to do is put a ward around himself so that any sniper who does have a shot on him will forget what he is doing and go home. Those are some of the first spells we are introduced to in the HP movies. And America would never use a nuclear weapon against an enemy that most people don't even know exists. The political and humanitarian ramifications would be astronomical. Everyone seems to picture the two armies lining up and firing at each other until no one is left, but wars haven't been fought that way since before the continental army started firing at the british from behind trees. The death eaters would win because muggles have no defense against magic. Any one of the wizards could just apparate into the bed room of every noteworthy figure in America and Avada Kadavera the sh!t out of them.

#70 Posted by BMEZY (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

Ferro Vida brings up an interesting point

#71 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: I like to think so

#72 Posted by Equin0x (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok some people don't seem to get the point...

Voldemort can make sure no normal person could find him. So the army doesn't know where to use their airplanes or nukes...

Besides, voldemort can easily make these devices crash if they get near his area.

All he has to do is put some spells on the environment and nukes or air planes won't have any effect even if they could find him (which they can't)

He can also put defensive spells around his whereabouts so muggles can't get near.

If he goes out into he open he can easily surround himself with a force field that will stop anything the army can throw at him (yes, even nukes)

Some people here said that "you can draw a gun and fire it faster that you can draw a wand and use a spell".

The point of the force shield is that he doesn't need to use a spell anymore, he can keep the force shield up all day long, and when he goes to sleep, he can use defensive spells.

And it might not be very clear in the movies, but Voldemort has genius level intelligence, so he won't be stupid enough not to use the shield.

So the army really doesn't stand a chance

#73 Posted by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

Being the best Wizard in the potter verse always seemed to be who was fastest on the draw, magic knowledge be damned.

Military wins, Voldermort would be hard to take down but he is spread to thin against their numbers they would eventually find away clone wizards possibly.

#74 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Korg said:

Military wins easily. Guns > wands. I always wondered why wizards wouldn't just go out and get a sniper rifle if they really wanted to get rid of Voldemort and co.

This.

#75 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

I doubt Voldemort is stupid enough to take on an entire army of humans, especially with modern weapons.

This is how it would go if he was to do so.

Voldemort: Wait...whats that noise?

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen. looooooooooooooooooooool

#76 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing I learned from the Dresden Files, if a wizard has prep, they will win so hard it's not even funny. But Voldy is intentionally anti-normal human ("muggle" just seems racist) and pro-wizard, so he's probably not keeping up with current tech. Snipers can hit a wizard before they throw up a shield, with a bullet that outruns its own sonic boom. They'd have to constantly have wards and shields cast on themselves in order to not get shot. Things like nukes probably won't be used unless necessary, but the only way for a wizard to not be killed by that is to not be there. Something that can reduce a population to shadows burnt onto walls is a bit beyond their charms. Sure, they can make themselves fireproof (and avoid suffocation while in the fire, with the same spell oddly enough), but I doubt they have much experience with radiation and nuclear fission or fusion. That bubble-head charm can probably protect them from gas-based attacks or similar chemicals, since they can SCUBA using it.

The webcomic Sluggy Freelance made a pretty good point about Voldy being unimaginative. The guy's a wizard and he still relies on his 1-hit kill spell to try and kill the kid that's immune to it, without trying any other creative ways to kill. The only skill I've seen him have was that fight with Dumbles. But the Abra Kadabara of Death isn't really impressive. "Oh, you point it at someone and they die? We call those guns, and you don't have to say anything to use them." 6 syllables compared to squeezing one finger. And Inferi? They're zombies, everyone knows how to deal with them. Shotgun + head, or follow the Chunky Salsa Rule (it can't kill you if it's been reduced to something with the consistency of chunky salsa).

Now, if the wizards use stealth, they probably win this. But since normal humans outnumber wizards by a crazy amount, the Army can win through a sheer horde.

#77 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

The Military brings in the Mask and owns Voldermont.

#78 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort v.s the Iraq war?

#79 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sega_Shaman:

You didn't address Voldy and his DE's infiltrating the US military and controlling them. The Military has nothing to counter this.

#80 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

The US will probably do what they always do and bomb or Nuke their problems away.

#81 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15:

How much do wizards that hate "Muggle" tech know about our security systems? The Army will get these guys on camera (provided they don't instantly ruin tech by their very presence, which would be an easy way to find them in Britain given the number of cameras) and replace anyone controlled. If they start giving questionable orders, or every one of their plans have been countered or ambushed, they'll be dropped quickly. And in order to Imperio these guys, they'd have to show up in high security facilities that tend to skip the "Ask intruder to leave" phase and head straight to the shooting. If the wizard isn't stealthy or quick enough to wrap it up before the alarm gets raised or gunshots happen, the question will be raised "Why were they there?" when there's no bombs, no real evidence of espionage or sabotage, and they were spotted in or around the military official's location.

The military's got contingencies and replacements for losing folks in charge. And again, sheer numbers. How many can the wizards take over or remove before the replacements take over and the rest increase security even more? The wizard's win hinges completely on stealth and prep, and given their tendency to let everyone know who they attacked back in the day (leaving their Mark hanging over a house or wherever they killed someone) points to them being treated like terrorists. And the moment one wizard gets captured (all they have to do is break the wizard's little stick), the "I was mind controlled" excuse might not go over that well.

#82 Posted by Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper (597 posts) - - Show Bio

The US military.

#83 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Sorry for bringing this back. Let me point out the inconsistences in this thread.

1. "Bullets are faster then thoughts/non-verbal magic". Well, in some cases that is true. In this case, it is not. Let me ask all of you this, what's stopping the Death Eaters from going in invisible, flying and firing down Explous, Confringo, Confundo, etc. Nothing. The Military can not detect invisible magical beings. From in the air, the Death eaters will be nigh unstoppable. Plus, let's say they don't take the smart way and go invisible, Transfiguration shields and defensive charms will protect them from bullets. Plus, what's stopping Voldemort from creating a spell that disables all muggle technology? Hell, what's stopping him from summoning flying fire creatures that would decimate the Military? Goodness, what's stopping him from just making a giant sinkhole in the ground? The possibilities of stomp are endless.

2. "Inferi are subject to fire" Yes, that was a magical spell Dumbledore used. We don't know if they are subject to muggle created Fire.

@sega_shaman:

. And the moment one wizard gets captured (all they have to do is break the wizard's little stick), the "I was mind controlled" excuse might not go over that well.

First of all, this is funny. There is no way the U.S. Military is getting near a Death Eater without losing a few hundread men. No way.

"Little stick" ? There is wandless magic. I mean, Voldemort deflected Expelliarmus with his bare hands without a word or a wand. Wandless magic can also be used to create fire storms (if experienced enough). The little stick does have more powerful Spells, yes. But, the "little stick" is not needed for magic. Plus, what's stopping the Death Eater from teleporting away?

Anyway, that post is not even worth going over. Let's continue with the inconsistencies.

3 "How will Voldemort counter a necular bomb" ?

Well, glad you asked. If he had a forcefield the nuke would explode on that, ON it not in it. It wouldn't even get past the forcefield. If he sees a nuke coming down, what's stopping him from transfiguring it into a teacup? Nothing is. So, basically he can easily stop a Neculear missle or bomb.

4. "How will Voldemort counter a air strike with multiple bombs raining down?"

All those GIfs and pictures were unneeded.

No, Voldemort would not die. Either his forcefield would make the bombs fail, or the Death eaters put up transfiguration shields, or the Death eaters make them explode in mid-air, or Voldemort and his crew just teleport away. Again, he has ways of countering. Plus, a levitation spell would keep them perfectly on the air, then he can throw them outward.

5. "Gurellia warfare, suprise tactics will work".

Well, Snape mentioned Voldemort can use Occlumency to sense someone's presence, etc. That is why Dumbledore had to put up ancient spells around Hogwarts. Voldemort will sense if the Military's coming, him and his death eaters go invisible and then spam Confringo and Explous, blowing the gurellia warfare and tactical teams to bits.

6. "A special forces unit would be enough to kill Voldemort's death eaters, and him".

When a special forces unit has countered Teleportation, invisibility, flying around, spamming spells constantly, etc then I will believe that the Death Eaters will die, easily. But, that is not the case at all. Transfiguration shields would stop the bullet- Oh, what am I saying? Voldemort summons a fire worm that gobbles up the unit.

So, let's go through why Voldemort stomps.

Solution for the air force and bombs: 1. Forcefield, 2. Transfiguration shields. With those combined Muggle weapons stand no chance. A air-counter would be a flying Fire bird that gobbles up the air force.

Solution for ground forces: All Death Eaters go invisible, teleport at every second, spam Avada Kedavra, Explous, Confringo at every second, non-verbally, and be silent as hell. The U.S. Military forces will wish they were fighting people with Guns and not wands.

Solution for detection: Magical wards, magical invisibility. The U.S. Military doesn't use Magic, thus, can't detect Voldemort or his death eaters.

In all honesty, all Voldemort needs to do is summon 1 dementor. I mean, Voldemort can solo this by himself. Just summon 1 dementor, that'll suck the souls out of every fricking troop that challenged Voldemort. With Voldemort by himself this a stomp. With the Death eaters, this is a ROFLNOYOUDIDN'T stomp.

#84 Edited by dondave (37644 posts) - - Show Bio

Voldemort

#85 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

When Voldemort gets 'killed', he requires a 13 year time period to resurrect.

Eventually, he'll give up.

#86 Posted by tasir (303 posts) - - Show Bio

apparation will easily let the death eaters win take less then a second

#87 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: He won't die.

1. Teleportation,

2. Invisibility

3. Silent non-verbal spells.

4. Transfiguration shields/defensive charms.

Those are keeping him alive

#88 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: He won't die.

1. Teleportation,

2. Invisibility

3. Silent non-verbal spells.

4. Transfiguration shields/defensive charms.

Those are keeping him alive

His shields can't stand up to a nuke, being invisible isn't going to help if he gets nuked, his silent spells aren't helping against a nukes, etc.

#89 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash: 1. How will they nuke him if they can't see/hear him? He can also mask his presence, so unless they use Magic, they can't detect him or his Death Eaters. If you knew 1 thing about HP, you'd know this.

2. He can simply transfigure the Nuke before it hits the ground. He can fly.

3. Transfiguration is. I mean, he can just raise a large forcefield while invisible and the Nuke would turn into dust as it enters.

4. He can just fire reducto and make it explode in Mid-air.

#90 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: I know almost everything about Harry Potter. I have read all the books multiple times.

1. Battle Forum rules state they start in sight of each other. Thus, he'd need to get a shield up before he gets riddled (geddit?) with bullets from machine guns. Which he won't, because he doesn't have any amazing reaction feats.
  2. His marksmanship is laughable. Run-of-the-mill teens dodge his spells all the time.
  3. It's never actually held up to anything as durable as a nuke.
  4. Except Reducto's never affected anything as durable as a nuke. For example, Harry had to use Bombarda to blow a small gate open in Prisoner of Azkaban, and Umbridge needed to use Bombarda Maxima to blow her way into the Room of Requirement after the wall had been weakened in Order of the Phoenix.
#91 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideslash

Battle Forum rules state they start in sight of each other. Thus, he'd need to get a shield up before he gets riddled (geddit?) with bullets from machine guns. Which he won't, because he doesn't have any amazing reaction feats.

And? This isn't relevant. They can still all go invisible and silent, technically they ARE in sight of eachother since Voldemort can see them. Show me the U.S. Military countering invisibility.

He was teleported and reacted to Dumbledore - Know what? Read my respect thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/lord-voldemorttom-riddle-respect-thread-753805/#1

If you chose to not read, here's some of it. So, let me ask

Voldemort admits his own wordless/wandless curse hit him 7 fold, yet he survived, less then a spirit, nor a ghost, but he lived:

"I miscalculated, my friends, I admit it. My curse was deflected by the woman's foolish sacrifice, and it rebounded upon myself. Aaah...pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost...but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know...I, who have gone further than anybody along the path that leads to immortality. You know my goal - to conquer death. And now, I was tested, and it appeared that one or more of my experiments had worked...for I had not been killed, though the curse should have done it. Nevertheless, I was as powerless as the weakest creature alive, and without the means to help myself...for I had no body, and every spell that might have helped me required the use of a wand....

"I remember only forcing myself, sleeplessly, endlessly, second by second, to exist....I settled in a faraway place, in a forest, and I waited....Surely, one of my faithful Death Eaters would try and find me...one of them would come and perform the magic I could not, to restore me to a body..., but I waited in vain.

So, let me ask, what's stopping Voldemort from possessing them if they kill him? I also disagree with "doesn't have good reaction speed".

I mean, he speedblitzed- YES, SPEEDBLITZED Harry.

Harry couldn't even react to him when he first entered in battle. His wand was pointed down, he didn't even lift it. Avada Kedavra came soaring towards him, since I do not have the direct qoute I am not sure what deflected such. Maybe Fawkes or something Dumbledore did.

His marksmanship is laughable. Run-of-the-mill teens dodge his spells all the time

Well, it's not "laughable". I mean, he has hit people with spells before they even knew what was going on. Crucio has never been dodged, either.

What's stopping Voldemort from using a pertificition hex and turning all these Military people to stone? Nothing.

Except Reducto's never affected anything as durable as a nuke. For example, Harry had to use Bombarda to blow a small gate open in Prisoner of Azkaban, and Umbridge needed to use Bombarda Maxima to blow her way into the Room of Requirement after the wall had been weakened in Order of the Phoenix.

And..? Reducto is meant to blow solid objects into oblivion. A Missle is solid, it's not mushy, it's not soft, it's solid. It would explode in mid-air if Voldemort or one of his Death eaters fired at it.

Voldemort can simply just go invisible, along with his Death eaters, and mess with the MIlitary from the skies.

Side, your argument isn't checking out.

Also, leaving this here:oldemort mentioned as his own curse effected him, he only had one power, possession:

Only one power remained to me. I could possess the bodies of others. But I dared not go where other humans were plentiful, for I knew that the Aurors were still abroad and searching for me.

I sometimes inhabited animals - snakes, of course, being my preference - but I was little better off inside them than as pure spirit, for their bodies were ill adapted to perform magic...and my possession of them shortened their lives; none of them lasted long....

#92 Posted by GhostofOnyx (656 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Voldemort is stupid enough to take on an entire army of humans, especially with modern weapons.

This is how it would go if he was to do so.

Voldemort: Wait...whats that noise?

Sums up my opinion.

#93 Edited by SpawNgengiskhaN (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that Voldemort is powerful and so are his death eaters, but if he was going to take on the United States military we are talking about 3-4 million soldiers that he would have to wipe out because every single one of them would be called to action to protect the people of the United States. I'm not necessarily saying that Voldemort couldn't pull it off, but it is going to be an extremely long battle. If they were all invisible it could technically be pulled off but it is going to take FOREVER. There is no way that Voldemort is going to be hit with a nuke either lol..... simply because I'm sure that Voldemort would be fighting the U.S. military in the "United States" and the U.S. isn't going to nuke their own country lol. I honestly doubt they would even call in an air strike unless they know for sure that they would not kill any innocent people or their own soldiers. Voldemort has the capability of lifting tanks up in the air with his wand I'm sure if he wanted to. Voldemort could also summon different creatures. I think Voldemort could pull it off, but it isn't going to be an easy one. I see a lot of near fatal scenarios for Voldemort as well, but I'm not going to rule out that Voldemort "couldn't" win. It isn't impossible for Voldemort to win, it's just gonna be one HELL of a battle. Tanks, snipers, rocket launchers, missiles.... it isn't going to be an easy fight and I'm also not going to rule out that the U.S. military can win too. I don't know, it's hard to say. I think it could go either way, just depends.

Also, aren't there like 28 Death Eaters? Just curious..

#94 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawngengiskhan: The fact that people think Voldemort would get hit by a nuke is funny IMO.

I think it's less-likely for Voldemort to take on an entirre 3-4 million army. He could cause damage and possibly reduce a 1 million or 2 million, but destroy it? Less likely. But still possible.

But, do you think Reducto will stop a nuke?

#95 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

They can still all go invisible and silent, technically they ARE in sight of eachother since Voldemort can see them. Show me the U.S. Military countering invisibility.

Thermal targeting could do this.

#96 Edited by SpawNgengiskhaN (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Why is it less-likely? If someone challenges the U.S. military, we are not going to give up. That means that every soldier will have to be exhausted in order for Voldemort and his death eaters to win. Our military isn't going to let Voldemort get away with killing 100 soldiers, 500 soldiers, 1,000 soldiers, let alone 1-3 million soldiers. Also, this is a "Voldemort and his death eaters vs the U.S. military" battle we are talking about here, isn't it?...... "U.S. military" being the WHOLE "U.S. military". I don't understand how it would be less-likely.... I don't know exactly how many soldiers we have, but I know we have at least 2.5 million.

And yes, I think Reducto can stop a nuke and I think if Voldemort and his death eaters wanted to stop a nuke they could. I don't see why Reducto couldn't but it would be a violent explosion no matter what, because that nuke has to explode some where.

#97 Edited by Kingjohnrocks (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideypresence: Has thermal targeting ever worked against Magic? Magic doesn't exist, so no. Disillusionment is magic.

#98 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideypresence: Has thermal targeting ever worked against Magic? Magic doesn't exist, so no. Disillusionment is magic.

That's a pretty silly argument against thermal targeting. You have no proof that Voldemort's disillusionment spell does anything to his heat signature...

#99 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjohnrocks: Sigh...no. In sight of EACH OTHER. Hence, they start with them ALL seeing each other. Even if he goes invisible, he will get shot.

He speedblitzed Harry? *Gasp.* THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING- Wait...no, it doesn't. Harry's reactions weren't anything I'd consider spectacular for his age. Hell, I could probably beat Harry on the quick draw.

Voldemort missed Harry THREE TIMES in the battle in the graveyard at the end of Goblet of Fire.

It went like this:

Harry lying pretty much prone and still. Voldemort fires, misses to Harry's right. Harry starts to get up, Voldemort fires again, misses again. Harry starts running, Voldemort misses again.

So, what's stopping him? The fact that he's never once fired a "petrification hex", and that he'd probably miss.

Reducto's meant to blow solid objects into oblivion...not really a strong argument. If that were the case, Harry could have destroyed the gate in Prisoner of Azkaban with it, instead of opting for Bombarda. And Umbridge could have use it to blow her way into the Room of Requirement, instead of opting for Bombarda Maxima. The only thing I remember Reducto being used on in recent time is the locket from Harry.

Yeah his possession power. He can possess ONE person. You don't think they'll be noticed after he possesses them? And arrested? And then he'd be trapped in a jail, unable to use magic because he's in a muggle's body.

#100 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Area 51, HAARP , do not f*** with the US and A

just ask the sand dwellers in the middle east