#1  Edited By mv
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I'm not commenting on this, until Vance comes forth!
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Green Skin

I'll say Surfer.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
hmmm... not totally sure about this one
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CAPiTA

gotta go with Surfer here. he has no fears to exploit!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CAPiTA said:
" gotta go with Surfer here. he has no fears to exploit! "

Believe it or not, the Skyrider of the spaceways is afraid sometimes. But I think he has the willpower to overcome it.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins. Thor has fended off The Void's attacks before with minimal effort, and Norrin is at least as powerful as Thor is currently. As Morpheus stated, Norrin's willpower is another key factor in this fight.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
I was hoping this was The Void of the Wildstorm Universe vs Silver Surfer... but I see the OP was referring to the other one...
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CAPiTA
@Morpheus_ said:
" @CAPiTA said:

Believe it or not, the Skyrider of the spaceways is afraid sometimes. But I think he has the willpower to overcome it. "
hmm... either i'm trippin or my post wasn't posted. anyway, as i was saying, you're right. but i think if he can muster the courage to face Aegis and Tenebrous on his own, it's highly doubtful Void could even use his fear against him at all.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CAPiTA said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @CAPiTA said:

Believe it or not, the Skyrider of the spaceways is afraid sometimes. But I think he has the willpower to overcome it. "
hmm... either i'm trippin or my post wasn't posted. anyway, as i was saying, you're right. but i think if he can muster the courage to face Aegis and Tenebrous on his own, it's highly doubtful Void could even use his fear against him at all. "
I agree, but the Void is not to be underestimated.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
" I was hoping this was The Void of the Wildstorm Universe vs Silver Surfer... but I see the OP was referring to the other one... "
Do the fight, King.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@Morpheus_ said:
" @King Saturn said:
" I was hoping this was The Void of the Wildstorm Universe vs Silver Surfer... but I see the OP was referring to the other one... "
Do the fight, King. "
I think I will actually
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

For the record..you all should know the Void isn't an living being.I've only seen Sentry beat the Void or be able to hurt it,everyone else got owned.I think Sentry beating the Void was more him taking his own power back.The Void isn't a person,it's the embodiment of the half of his power he doesn't have under control.According to what has been said about the Void sunlight is it's weakness.Silver Surfer wouldn't know that so I don't know what he will actually do to the Void.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Surfer wins. Thor has fended off The Void's attacks before with minimal effort, and Norrin is at least as powerful as Thor is currently. As Morpheus stated, Norrin's willpower is another key factor in this fight. "
When did Thor fight the Void?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vance Astro said:
" For the record..you all should know the Void isn't an living being.I've only seen Sentry beat the Void or be able to hurt it,everyone else got owned.I think Sentry beating the Void was more him taking his own power back.The Void isn't a person,it's the embodiment of the half of his power he doesn't have under control.According to what has been said about the Void sunlight is it's weakness.Silver Surfer wouldn't know that so I don't know what he will actually do to the Void. "
the Silver Surfer may could sense The Void's weakness to Sunlight via Cosmic Awareness... especially if the battle goes into Outer Space... 
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Surfer wins. Thor has fended off The Void's attacks before with minimal effort, and Norrin is at least as powerful as Thor is currently. As Morpheus stated, Norrin's willpower is another key factor in this fight. "
When did Thor fight the Void? "

Online Now
@Vance Astro said:

Somewhere in this Graphic Novel (can't remember the issue)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Somewhere in this Graphic Novel (can't remember the issue) "
The Void didn't fight Thor in this.I just read this a few days ago.I have all the issues in it.The only comic Thor and the Void appear in together...nobody fought the Void.In fact nobody fought the Void in this entire series accept Sentry choked him in a flashback and he owned Sentry's wife when he returned.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

Somewhere in this Graphic Novel (can't remember the issue) "
The Void didn't fight Thor in this.I just read this a few days ago.I have all the issues in it.The only comic Thor and the Void appear in together...nobody fought the Void.In fact nobody fought the Void in this entire series accept Sentry choked him in a flashback and he owned Sentry's wife when he returned. "

They didn't really fight, but it did show Thor fending off a Void tendril in one panel (I caught the scene while re-reading the entire graphic novel again)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
They didn't really fight, but it did show Thor fending off a Void tendril in one panel (I caught the scene while re-reading the entire graphic novel again) "
I don't remember that panel but plenty of people have fended off the Void but only Senty has actually beaten it.The Avengers,F4,and X-Men together would have gotten owned if it wasn't for Emma Frost helping him control the Void.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
They didn't really fight, but it did show Thor fending off a Void tendril in one panel (I caught the scene while re-reading the entire graphic novel again) "
I don't remember that panel but plenty of people have fended off the Void but only Senty has actually beaten it.The Avengers,F4,and X-Men together would have gotten owned if it wasn't for Emma Frost helping him control the Void. "

Well, Thor didn't attempt to fight him, but he didn't appear to be fazed at all by the fear tendrils prior to fending them off with ease
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
" @Vance Astro said:
I don't remember that panel but plenty of people have fended off the Void but only Senty has actually beaten it.The Avengers,F4,and X-Men together would have gotten owned if it wasn't for Emma Frost helping him control the Void. "
Well, Thor didn't attempt to fight him, but he didn't appear to be fazed at all by the fear tendrils prior to fending them off with ease "
Tendrils don't really do anything if they don't actually touch you.Fending off tendrils is hardly a feat.The Use of tendrils is only dedicated to one of the Void's forms too.The Void can shapeshift into various forms.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Well, Thor didn't attempt to fight him, but he didn't appear to be fazed at all by the fear tendrils prior to fending them off with ease "
Tendrils don't really do anything if they don't actually touch you.Fending off tendrils is hardly a feat.The Use of tendrils is only dedicated to one of the Void's forms too.The Void can shapeshift into various forms. "

That's the same feat the Hulk has failed to accomplish- twice now, actually.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
That's the same feat the Hulk has failed to accomplish- twice now, actually. "
This is like making a case against someone not fending off Omega Red's cables or Spider-Man's webbing.The tendrils themselves our worthless.The offensive attack is what matters.Hulk didn't have equal opportunity to fend them off.First of all because it was only done for plot reasons,to show what The Void was capable of and secondly because Hulk doesn't have a magic weather hammer nor he smart enough to defend himself.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
This is like making a case against someone not fending off Omega Red's cables or Spider-Man's webbing.The tendrils themselves our worthless.The offensive attack is what matters.Hulk didn't have equal opportunity to fend them off.First of all because it was only done for plot reasons,to show what The Void was capable of and secondly because Hulk doesn't have a magic weather hammer nor he smart enough to defend himself. "

Thor didn't use Mjolnir to fend off the tendrils
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
" @Vance Astro said:
This is like making a case against someone not fending off Omega Red's cables or Spider-Man's webbing.The tendrils themselves our worthless.The offensive attack is what matters.Hulk didn't have equal opportunity to fend them off.First of all because it was only done for plot reasons,to show what The Void was capable of and secondly because Hulk doesn't have a magic weather hammer nor he smart enough to defend himself. "
Thor didn't use Mjolnir to fend off the tendrils "
Not the point.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By capall
@King Saturn said:
"@Vance Astro said:
" For the record..you all should know the Void isn't an living being.I've only seen Sentry beat the Void or be able to hurt it,everyone else got owned.I think Sentry beating the Void was more him taking his own power back.The Void isn't a person,it's the embodiment of the half of his power he doesn't have under control.According to what has been said about the Void sunlight is it's weakness.Silver Surfer wouldn't know that so I don't know what he will actually do to the Void. "
the Silver Surfer may could sense The Void's weakness to Sunlight via Cosmic Awareness... especially if the battle goes into Outer Space...  "

i think you got it king
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn
@capall said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Vance Astro said:
the Silver Surfer may could sense The Void's weakness to Sunlight via Cosmic Awareness... especially if the battle goes into Outer Space...  "
i think you got it king "
lol... maybe thats why it took so long to get a response for this post
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

Alright. That leaves pretty much two ways the Surfer can win this fight.

i) as the King said, cosmic awareness. The ability to just "know" things, and even weaknesses about specific opponents, without anyone telling him before. He used this against Gladiator, to find out of his weakness to a specific type of radiation. 
ii) The Void, despite not being a "living being" still possesses a mind and a conscience of its own (even if these traits go back to the Sentry's unconscious). The Surfer could either use his telepathy on him, and find the weakness (his mind is strong enough to resist the Darkness in the Void’s mind), or drag his soul in the astral plane, where he cannot be harmed, and shatter the Void there.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:

i) as the King said, cosmic awareness. The ability to just "know" things, and even weaknesses about specific opponents, without anyone telling him before. He used this against Gladiator, to find out of his weakness to a specific type of radiation. 
ii) The Void, despite not being a "living being" still possesses a mind and a conscience of its own (even if these traits go back to the Sentry's unconscious). The Surfer could either use his telepathy on him, and find the weakness (his mind is strong enough to resist the Darkness in the Void’s mind), or drag his soul in the astral plane, where he cannot be harmed, and shatter the Void there.

"
That's the thing.I don't think the Void has a mind of it's own or a mind at all.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"
That's the thing.I don't think the Void has a mind of it's own or a mind at all. "

You mean that it is purely guided by Bob's subconscious, his dark instincts then? Seeing what you previously said about Sentry being the only one to hurt him because he basically absorbs back his own energy, despite all these being highly theoretical, that does make sense to me. 

Hmm. That only leaves the cosmic awareness option truly available. Even though, if the Void emits energy, the Surfer could supposedly absorb it, too. But maybe it is the special connection between Sentry and Void that made that possible in the first place.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
You mean that it is purely guided by Bob's subconscious, his dark instincts then? Seeing what you previously said about Sentry being the only one to hurt him because he basically absorbs back his own energy, despite all these being highly theoretical, that does make sense to me. 

Hmm. That only leaves the cosmic awareness option truly available. Even though, if the Void emits energy, he could supposedly absorb it, too. But maybe it is the special connection between Sentry and Void that made that possible in the first place.

Well aside from Mjolnir Wielder was saying (because Thor doesn't stand a chance against the Void and he knows it),The only way to stop the Void has seemed to be to have Sentry fight him.Remember how Strange was talking about the Universe ending with the Void when he was talking the Reed in the mini? I don't think it's because of the sunlight thing either because with some prep the Avengers\F4 could have handled the Void if it was that simple.I just think the only way the Void will actually go away is if Sentry takes control of him instead of the other way around.I could be wrong but that's what I see.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Hmm. That only leaves the cosmic awareness option truly available. Even though, if the Void emits energy, he could supposedly absorb it, too. But maybe it is the special connection between Sentry and Void that made that possible in the first place.

Well aside from Mjolnir Wielder was saying (because Thor doesn't stand a chance against the Void and he knows it),The only way to stop the Void has seemed to be to have Sentry fight him.Remember how Strange was talking about the Universe ending with the Void when he was talking the Reed in the mini? I don't think it's because of the sunlight thing either because with some prep the Avengers\F4 could have handled the Void if it was that simple.I just think the only way the Void will actually go away is if Sentry takes control of him instead of the other way around.I could be wrong but that's what I see. "

I believe the Universe ending thing may had been a hyperbole of shorts, seeing that it was the series Sentry was introduced, and they wanted to make the threat level of the Void as high as possible. Powerful as it may be, I wouldn't call it a threat of Universal level. Other than that, I agree with what you said. There are many things we have yet to fully understand when it comes to the Void. I doubt it even has a focused mind/soul, for the Surfer to attempt and shatter. On the other hand, I don't remember the Void ever facing anyone at Surfer's level. Sentry is the most powerful opponent he has faced, so it is conceivable that he was the only one to hurt him, just because of that.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Well aside from Mjolnir Wielder was saying (because Thor doesn't stand a chance against the Void and he knows it),The only way to stop the Void has seemed to be to have Sentry fight him.Remember how Strange was talking about the Universe ending with the Void when he was talking the Reed in the mini? I don't think it's because of the sunlight thing either because with some prep the Avengers\F4 could have handled the Void if it was that simple.I just think the only way the Void will actually go away is if Sentry takes control of him instead of the other way around.I could be wrong but that's what I see. "

I believe the Universe ending thing may had been a hyperbole of shorts, seeing that it was the series Sentry was introduced, and they wanted to make the threat level of the Void as high as possible. Powerful as it may be, I wouldn't call it a threat of Universal level. Other than that, I agree with what you said. There are many things we have yet to fully understand when it comes to the Void. I doubt it even has a focused mind/soul, for the Surfer to attempt and shatter. On the other hand, I don't remember the Void ever facing anyone at Surfer's level. Sentry is the most powerful opponent he has faced, so it is conceivable that he was the only one to hurt him, just because of that.

"
The Void hasn't faced anyone on Surfer's level but he's never lost either.The comics suggest not even the original Avengers could stop him.He almost demolished 3 major Marvel teams at one time.Strange,Sue Richards,and Tony created a collective shield over Marvel heroes and he almost broke the shield.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" The Void hasn't faced anyone on Surfer's level but he's never lost either.The comics suggest not even the original Avengers could stop him.He almost demolished 3 major Marvel teams at one time.Strange,Sue Richards,and Tony created a collective shield over Marvel heroes and he almost broke the shield. "

Major Marvel teams also had trouble stopping Extremis Iron Man, but the our perception of the Void's power level derives from the scope of his abilities, and his peculiar connection to Bob, not the teams he has obliterated. But I understand what you speak of.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" The Void hasn't faced anyone on Surfer's level but he's never lost either.The comics suggest not even the original Avengers could stop him.He almost demolished 3 major Marvel teams at one time.Strange,Sue Richards,and Tony created a collective shield over Marvel heroes and he almost broke the shield. "

Major Marvel teams also had trouble stopping Extremis Iron Man, but the our perception of the Void's power level derives from the scope of his abilities, and his peculiar connection to Bob, not the teams he has obliterated. But I understand what you speak of. "
When did the Avengers\F4 or X-men as a whole ever had trouble with Iron Man?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:

Major Marvel teams also had trouble stopping Extremis Iron Man, but the our perception of the Void's power level derives from the scope of his abilities, and his peculiar connection to Bob, not the teams he has obliterated. But I understand what you speak of. "
When did the Avengers\F4 or X-men as a whole ever had trouble with Iron Man? "
Execute Program. And it was just Avengers/F4.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"
That sounds familiar.I used to have all the Iron Man minis..got robbed.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"
That sounds familiar.I used to have all the Iron Man minis..got robbed. "
You are being figurative, I take it? I can't honestly believe people stole your comics. That's treachery!

It was Iron Man volume 4 # 7-12, by the way.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
"You are being figurative, I take it? I can't honestly believe people stole your comics. That's treachery!

"
Well since I read most of them digitally it's easier to steal them when you steal my whole laptop.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"You are being figurative, I take it? I can't honestly believe people stole your comics. That's treachery!

"
Well since I read most of them digitally it's easier to steal them when you steal my whole laptop. "

That's disastrous. I cringe at the thought that my HD would ever malfunction, or something to a similar effect.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
Well since I read most of them digitally it's easier to steal them when you steal my whole laptop. "

That's disastrous. I cringe at the thought that my HD would ever malfunction, or something to a similar effect.

"
64 gigs worth of comics gone :(
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"

"
64 gigs worth of comics gone :( "
That's about the same amount of comics that I have. (shivers)
jae345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: thats because void weakness is sunlight or light and sentry has the power of million of suns....all he would have to do agaisnt the void is create light from his hand

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jae345: this is probably the most inaccurate thing I've ever heard. What makes you think that the Void has a weakness to light?

Any version of sentry would destroy surfer

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I miss Morpheus_

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALLCAPS_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newblood2333: any version of Sentry gets stomped by Surfer lol except DSS...

Sentry got his ass kicked by WW Hulk

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Newblood2333

@maninthemountain: Surfer can't even beat heralds or street levelers (sometimes). Would you like me to provide you with scans of Thor and Black Panther owning SS? And yes, I said black panther, a street leveler.

Also, the unstable sentry stalemated WWH. Bob (not sentry) ultimately got knocked out by Bruce. SS was nearly killed by WWH. Want scans? They were both depowered but it wouldn't of mattered anyways.

Guardian_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Guardian_Prime

@newblood2333: If I do recall I believe SS has beaten Thor and Hulk. Which can be argued Thor&Hulk>Thor&BP. Given that I think it was due to a boost from Loki, it doesn't matter because Post-SS is obviously stronger than a Loki boost.

Though Hulk(Due to his recent popularity of screen time I feel) and Thor have gotten stronger lately so it's tough to say SS can accomplish the same.

He's also lost to them 1v1