spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By spystreak

Vlad the Impaler weapons                                     Sun Tzu weapons
long range: romanian short bow                         long range: repeating Crossbow 
mid range:war mace                                             mid range: mao(whatever the hell that is)  
short range: Scimitar                                             short range:chi straight sword 
special weapons:shield                                     special weapons:ji dagger axe 

who do you think will win episode airs tuesday on Spike 
I'm thinking Vlad the Impaler because he is Dracula and he has a shield  where Sun Tzu doesn't
PreyingMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PreyingMantis

If they fight with armies Sun Tzu wins. 
1 on 1?  Vlad.

Although, I'm excited to see the Repeating crossbow in action.

Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xi Felix

Short Bow< Repeating Crossbow 

War Mace<Mao(it's basically a spear with yarn on the end to absorb blood-flow. I choose the Mao because of it's superior reach) 

Schimitar> Straight Sword(I've handled a  straight sword, and the Schimitar strikes me as the more powrful weapon) 

Shield or Dagger Axe.....I'm not sure(one is purely defensive, the other is a ranged weapon). 

Overall I'm undecided.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Xi Felix: Didn't Vlad use a pike and post dead enemies on them? Haha or am I drawing too much information from movies?
Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xi Felix
@texasdeathmatch: 

Even if he did, I think they were in fact long prods stuck into the ground(that would in no way be practical for use as a weapon) used strictly to impale them upon. If you believe that sort of thing, he even took the liberty of making sure the pikes were only sharpened to a dull point, so the victim would die slowly. Then there is another about his preferred method of torture of being taking a very long, dull*again not sharpened to a fine point, lest the subject expire prematurly* spike and driving it directly up someone's anus, till it was driven out the mouth(though I'm not sure how anatomically plausible that is, hahaha).
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spystreak
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

If we're talking strategy, Sun Tzu wins easily. In combat, probably Vlad. I'm not sure how good Sun Tzu was in single combat.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By The Devil Tiger

In head-on combat, Vlad would win, the problem is, Sun Tzu would NEVER allow Vlad to engage in a straight fight. If he does, he consider himself defeated before the fight even begin.  

One of the strenght of Vlad was the caacity of inspire terror on his ennemies, but due to the sheer violence of ancient china warfare (Genocide, execution of thousand of prisonner by decapitation dozen of thousand of death in an era were automated weapon doesn't exist !), I doubt it will work on Sun Tzu. 

So, if a minimum of strategy or tactical is allowed, my bet is on Sun Tzu. If it's just a duel, I will bet on Vlad...maybe.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Ferro Vida

I'll give this to Sun Tzu. This is the guy who wrote the book of war.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spystreak
spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spystreak

and the winner is (drum roll please) Vlad Tepes the impaler!  

like a chinese strategist could take down a vampire