This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen gets 10 minutes of prep

Both have knowledge of each others powers

VS

#2 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen wins, kinda stomps.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (20004 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you give prep to the more powerful character? o.O

Take away Vixen's prep, give Beast a few hours of prep, then we'll talk.

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Mari

#5 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen is not known for prep, so 10 minutes isn't going to do anything. She's not faster or stronger than Beast at base, and she can't switch Totems fast enough to compensate for the lost of speed, strength, or agility all of which beast trumps her in.

#6 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1: Exactly, @joygirl: what blacharrt1 said is why I did it. I was thinking beast might be able to take her out before she can even use her powers

#7 Posted by dondave (37644 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen ftw

#8 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Vixen doesn't only have animal powers, she can copy anything on Earth

She withstood a punch from Superman

She switches pretty fast

In this she figures out she doesn't even need her Totem

And she can copy anything within the morphogenic field, not just animals

#9 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

daaamn

#10 Posted by XiiX (8320 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by dondave (37644 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Vixen doesn't only have animal powers, she can copy anything on Earth

She withstood a punch from Superman

She switches pretty fast

In this she figures out she doesn't even need her Totem

And she can copy anything within the morphogenic field, not just animals

She can't normally do that, Anansi amped her powers to allow her copy people Super-powers

#12 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen wins, decent fight

#13 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody thinks beasts agility and speed can beat her while shes changing animal powers?

#14 Edited by valencourt (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hand it to Vixen but Beast would put up a good fight. With prep time I think Vixen could remember a good few animals whose traits will help her deal with numerous situations when facing Beast.

#15 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@valencourt: but could she change into those powers fast enough before beast uses his speed and agility?

#16 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

She chooses the power of a honey badger and doesn't care.

#17 Posted by Star_Scream (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Has beast done anything to be a physical match for vixen?

#18 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. my girlfriend had to explain that one to me

#19 Posted by valencourt (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: I think it could be possible. She shows the ability in one of the scans above to change from one animal to the next quite quickly. It all depends on just how fast Beast can get a hold of her.

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen.

#21 Edited by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth said:

@blacharrt1: Exactly, @joygirl: what blacharrt1 said is why I did it. I was thinking beast might be able to take her out before she can even use her powers

The problem isn't if she can change abilities to other powerful animals. It's clear she can do that. However the problem is she can only do that one at a time. Beast is amp in such a way that he is already faster, stronger, smarter, more durable, and more agile than her, plus his healing factor. In order for her to keep up she has to switch to speed, in order for her to hit Beast to do affective damage she then has to shift off her speed to say a gorilla, When she loses speed, beast does not, and he's still more agile than her and stronger than her and more durable than her. Beast could effortlessly dodge her and counter her. She could switch to more durable animal but she again loses other aspect she would need to effectively keep up the fight. Beast at base can already move as fast as a cheetah, and has claws like a tiger is more agile than any monkey much stronger than a rhino or gorilla. She is outmatched. Not to mention he's a genius... She's a former supermodel.

People need to stop showing that superman scan, it does nothing for her. She changed her skin to that of a beetle, however she was already changed in that totem power, and Superman was not blitzing him with any speed what so ever. If he did add speed she would have cracked like an egg and died.

#22 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Vixen stomps so badly

People need to stop showing that superman scan, it does nothing for her. She changed her skin to that of a beetle, however she was already changed in that totem power, and Superman was not blitzing him with any speed what so ever. If he did add speed she would have cracked like an egg and died.

Unless Beast is Superman, this part of your post means absolutely nothing

#23 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1: great point. beast has alot of strengths over her that she needs to adapt to. that could cost her the match

#24 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1 said:

no it means that she prepared for that situation, however it isn't an adequate way to gauge how much force superman was actually using to crack the shell. The Scan says nothing at all, only that she can take a punch of unknown force, and that people like yourself need to stop reading more into it. Unless you can prove what exactly that shell was resisting the scan means nothing at all.

#25 Posted by Hyperlight (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1: i was gonna say the same thing... beasts is superior to most of her animals anyway

#26 Posted by General_Disarray (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen I reckon, would be fun to watch.

#27 Posted by dondave (37644 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@blacharrt1 said:

no it means that she prepared for that situation, however it isn't an adequate way to gauge how much force superman was actually using to crack the shell. The Scan says nothing at all, only that she can take a punch of unknown force, and that people like yourself need to stop reading more into it. Unless you can prove what exactly that shell was resisting the scan means nothing at all.

So Beast is now stronger than a Superman?

#28 Edited by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen without much trouble.

#29 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3495 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight:i was gonna say the same thing... beasts is superior to most of her animals anyway

@inconvenient_truth: great point. beast has alot of strengths over her that she needs to adapt to. that could cost her the match

We don't know the terrain or the starting distance in this bout, but without moving a muscle, Vixen could just copy Gorilla Grood's telepathy again and perform a mental assault. If she wanted the fight to get physical, Vixen can cover a lot of ground very quickly (lion, falcon, cheetah, etc..) and be all over him. Beast is very agile, but if she gets the jump on him, she after rushing/flying in could switch to python and then immediately to an electric eel and Taze Dr. McCoy into unconciousness. She could ignite the entire battlefield giving him litte room to manuver by copying the bombardier beetle followed by a fistfight using the rhinocerous beetle's strength. It's also important to remember that Vixen has access to extinct animals like a T-Rex or mythological beasts like dragons or the phoenix. She has plenty of options here. And 10 minutes to set up an ambush (if she wanted to).

#30 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Vixen just mimics all his abilities....since she can change freely as shown in the scans above, with his and the powers of other animals she will stomp

#31 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

starts 10 feet away in a forest. question, i think i read that beast is faster than a cheetah, is that true?

#32 Edited by russellmania77 (15452 posts) - - Show Bio

beast gets beasted

#33 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3495 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: i think i read that beast is faster than a cheetah, is that true?

Not sure if he's had a boost THAT substantial, but even if he is as fast as a cheetah, he's not as fast as a peregrine falcon. Vixen is. And something else that just popped into my head that makes this even more of a stomp than it already is: Krypto is an animal. Game over.

#34 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: lmao nice. KRYPTO FTW! lol. Well they start off 10 feet away. Beasts arms are probably like 2 or 3 feet. he can close the distance FAST, she better be able to use her powers in like half a second

#35 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3495 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth:

She can. Don't forget that the entire animal kingdom is at her disposal, past and present. A solid arguement could be made that Spider-Man is agile enough to dodge Beast at that range. She could easily dupe spider powers initially and THEN switch to the Kryptonian ones. Freeze breath, thunderclaps, heat vison, or just using her newly super strong vocal cords to generate a sonic scream would be effortlessly useful at this range, not to mention the bulletproof skin and super strength. But if the battle ground is a forest, she could just as easily copy a dragons powers of flight, invunerability, and pyrokinesis and literally fly straight up into the air and torch dozens of acres in one shot. Beast's agility is legendary, but with the entire battlefield on fire and he (who's covered in fur by the way) scrambling to find a place to hide (if one can be found), he's going to be charbroiled in this matchup. Although now that I think about it, she could very well duplicate this by using Krypto's flight and heat vision...

#36 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@blacharrt1 said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

@blacharrt1 said:

So Beast is now stronger than a Superman?

please don't waste my time with dumb questions. Again the problem with the scan is you don't know how much force or strength superman was using to hit her, it could have been less than peak human. Vixen is not WonderWoman, and this one scan doesn't prove on the contrary, that a serious hit from superman wouldn't kill her.

How about Vixen just mimics all his abilities....since she can change freely as shown in the scans above, with his and the powers of other animals she will stomp

Beast isn't a totem animal, but if she could, she would only be able to mimic one aspect of his ability. She lost the ability to mimic a meta abilities, so it would make sense that she couldn't mimic's beast X-Gene.

#37 Posted by dondave (37644 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1: The scan clearly says he was trying to kill her, he wouldn't be using peak human force.

#38 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...if what I know is correct then I give Beast a slight edge.

#39 Posted by Nefarious (20464 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen.

#40 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@blacharrt1: The scan clearly says he was trying to kill her, he wouldn't be using peak human force.

No the scan is her thoughts, and she thinks he is going to kill her, because she knows she couldn't possibly take him on if he was trying to kill her. Her defenses were already up, and not a guarantee to work. You are trying to draw a conclusion that isn't there. What is being shown is that superman is punching her, and is able to crack her shell at unknown kinetic force.

What you don't know from the scan, again is how much force he is actually exerting, he's certainly not using superspeed, which would mean he is no where near his maximum output in force because with superspeed the force would increase exponentially.

#41 Posted by russellmania77 (15452 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3495 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77:

She wouldn't need to because unlike earlier in her career, she no longer has to take on the physical appearance of an animal to receive its proportional power increase or attribute. She can maintain a human appearance and still actualize their abilities on a split seconds notice. Hence, since she's the one who's got 10 minutes prep (if she decides to use it), and she can duplicate every animal that has EVER lived on the Planet Earth, in the Mythological realms, or extra-terrestrials, she has WAYYY too many weapons at her disposal to effortlessly dispatch Dr. McCoy before he ever knew what hit him. And it pains me to say it because I like both of these characters (Beast is one of my top 5 favorite X-Men of all time, but he's outclassed here).

#43 Posted by Hyperlight (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: why would she be able to copy the abilities of Grodd. if grodds abilities were natural to all gorillas i would see where you were going but that isnt the case

#44 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3495 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: why would she be able to copy the abilities of Grodd. if grodds abilities were natural to all gorillas i would see where you were going but that isnt the case

The funny thing is, she actually has done this exact thing before within continuity. Vixen's powers are so refined that she can duplicate not only a garden variety version of a gorilla (like you'd see at the zoo), but also the abilities of a specific gorilla, in this case a super strong, super intelligent telepath/telekinetic. Any animal is at her disposal on a moment's notice, including super-simians like Grodd, the Phoenix of legend, or a Kryptonian super-pooch just to name a few of the more exotic options open to her.

#45 Posted by Hyperlight (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: well thats OP. but if its the case than she takes it. if not then beast wins

#46 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

#48 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3844 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

I don't know if I would go as far as to say it's a mismatch, but I definitely see Vixen winning.

#49 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Mercy_ (92709 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen, and been done before.