• 69 results
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbull

vs Gladiator... who wins?? To the death. And why?
Avatar image for ketchup___liquor
Ketchup & Liquor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ketchup & Liquor

I vote vision. He could turn intangible then solidify his hand in Gladiator's skull.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By castleking
Gladiator
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower
@castleking said:
"Gladiator "

As far as I'm aware he isn't immune to Phasing like k&l described. Also if this is classic vision like the picture, he had the strength to keep up with the likes of thor.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By redbull

VISION

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth

Vision!

Escherion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Escherion
Gladiator does what She Hulk does to Vision, Tear him apart
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator

The powers of the older Vison were not as versatile as the current one.
For instance, some bings were found to be immune to Visions intangibility attack as their bodies were supercharged with energy (his hand could not penetrate the energy field their bodies generated).
I am not sure Gladiator would fall in to this catagory as he does not share that energy empowerment but it's worth noting.

Althought he vision can render himself intangible, it takes 1/100th of a second to effect density changes (even all the way from intagibility to diamond hard). Gladiator can react a lot faster than this and could potentially attack Vision before he became intangible or simply use his speed to avoid Visions attacks.
Gladiator would be immune to all of the Visions other attack forms (Solar jewel does generate sufficient heat to harm Gladiator and his punches are to weak).
If the Vision went to his maximum density, when he is diamond hard, Gladiator is still far stronger than Vision even then and Gladiator is capable of destroying the Vison even when this hard.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Gladiator can take this fight
Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123
@the creator:
I was leaning toward Vision, but after reading this, I'm giving it to Gladiator. :)
JKarmosay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JKarmosay
@the creator said:
" The powers of the older Vison were not as versatile as the current one.For instance, some bings were found to be immune to Visions intangibility attack as their bodies were supercharged with energy (his hand could not penetrate the energy field their bodies generated).I am not sure Gladiator would fall in to this catagory as he does not share that energy empowerment but it's worth noting.Althought he vision can render himself intangible, it takes 1/100th of a second to effect density changes (even all the way from intagibility to diamond hard). Gladiator can react a lot faster than this and could potentially attack Vision before he became intangible or simply use his speed to avoid Visions attacks.Gladiator would be immune to all of the Visions other attack forms (Solar jewel does generate sufficient heat to harm Gladiator and his punches are to weak).If the Vision went to his maximum density, when he is diamond hard, Gladiator is still far stronger than Vision even then and Gladiator is capable of destroying the Vison even when this hard. "
This.
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WindCloud

The modern Gladiator is a planet-buster.  That is,  i  don't  recall the one that  i  read about (growing up in the 80's - early 90's) being that powerful.  That said, if you're referring to the planet-buster version, then Vision will be destroyed with whatever planet he was standing on at the time Gladiator becomes pissed.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rothschild
@WindCloud said:
"The modern Gladiator is a planet-buster.  That is,  i  don't  recall the one that  i  read about (growing up in the 80's - early 90's) being that powerful.  That said, if you're referring to the planet-buster version, then Vision will be destroyed with whatever planet he was standing on at the time Gladiator becomes pissed."

What?! if he's destroying planets its lights out for Vision, plain and simple... I'm sorry but i hate visions color scheme... Is he a X-mas robot?
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WindCloud
@Rothschild said:
" @WindCloud said:
"The modern Gladiator is a planet-buster.  That is,  i  don't  recall the one that  i  read about (growing up in the 80's - early 90's) being that powerful.  That said, if you're referring to the planet-buster version, then Vision will be destroyed with whatever planet he was standing on at the time Gladiator becomes pissed."
What?! if he's destroying planets its lights out for Vision, plain and simple... I'm sorry but i hate visions color scheme... Is he a X-mas robot? "
Well, Marvel made him a planet-buster lately (something that  i  don't  recall back in the early 90's).  Yeah, and if that's the case, then the life-like, Lt. Data-like android with the phasing ability and a 50-75 ton bench/lift will have ABSOLUTELY NO shot against Gladiator.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Strafe Prower
@the creator said:
"The powers of the older Vison were not as versatile as the current one.For instance, some bings were found to be immune to Visions intangibility attack as their bodies were supercharged with energy (his hand could not penetrate the energy field their bodies generated).I am not sure Gladiator would fall in to this catagory as he does not share that energy empowerment but it's worth noting.Althought he vision can render himself intangible, it takes 1/100th of a second to effect density changes (even all the way from intagibility to diamond hard). Gladiator can react a lot faster than this and could potentially attack Vision before he became intangible or simply use his speed to avoid Visions attacks.Gladiator would be immune to all of the Visions other attack forms (Solar jewel does generate sufficient heat to harm Gladiator and his punches are to weak).If the Vision went to his maximum density, when he is diamond hard, Gladiator is still far stronger than Vision even then and Gladiator is capable of destroying the Vison even when this hard."

I diagree

He was able to take hits from Classic Thor and made him look like a joke by outsmarting him.

http://img34.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65915_unlimited2.jpg&loc=loc39

Vision has also beat Hyperion, Anihilus and Super Skrull all by outsmarting them. It was apart of his fighting style. I see him doing the same to Gladiator.

Gladiator would have to be at full confidence to beat Vision out of power. otherwise I see Vision outsmarting him every time.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Strafe Prower:
Well, if you're going to be that way, then yea the Vision wins.
I was gonna give it to the Gladiator via decapitation punch, lol :)
btw: can one actually KILL the Vision??
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By geraldthesloth
@WindCloud said:
" The modern Gladiator is a planet-buster.  That is,  i  don't  recall the one that  i  read about (growing up in the 80's - early 90's) being that powerful.  That said, if you're referring to the planet-buster version, then Vision will be destroyed with whatever planet he was standing on at the time Gladiator becomes pissed. "
Uhhh, the older Gladiator has better showing than the current one does.
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TruePwnge

Gladiator if he's not jobbing can win this easy

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the creator
@Strafe Prower said:
"@the creator said:
"The powers of the older Vison were not as versatile as the current one.For instance, some bings were found to be immune to Visions intangibility attack as their bodies were supercharged with energy (his hand could not penetrate the energy field their bodies generated).I am not sure Gladiator would fall in to this catagory as he does not share that energy empowerment but it's worth noting.Althought he vision can render himself intangible, it takes 1/100th of a second to effect density changes (even all the way from intagibility to diamond hard). Gladiator can react a lot faster than this and could potentially attack Vision before he became intangible or simply use his speed to avoid Visions attacks.Gladiator would be immune to all of the Visions other attack forms (Solar jewel does generate sufficient heat to harm Gladiator and his punches are to weak).If the Vision went to his maximum density, when he is diamond hard, Gladiator is still far stronger than Vision even then and Gladiator is capable of destroying the Vison even when this hard."

I diagree

He was able to take hits from Classic Thor and made him look like a joke by outsmarting him.

http://img34.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65915_unlimited2.jpg&loc=loc39Vision has also beat Hyperion, Anihilus and Super Skrull all by outsmarting them. It was apart of his fighting style. I see him doing the same to Gladiator.Gladiator would have to be at full confidence to beat Vision out of power. otherwise I see Vision outsmarting him every time. "
Did you look at the scan you provided a link to ?

It basically has the Vision use his solar gem to project a blast of light, blinding Thor momentarily.
How exactly does that do much to Gladiator whose eyes have shown resistance to massive levels of light (flying through a red giant star) ?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strafe Prower
@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
"@the creator said:

I diagree

http://img34.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65915_unlimited2.jpg&loc=loc39Vision has also beat Hyperion, Anihilus and Super Skrull all by outsmarting them. It was apart of his fighting style. I see him doing the same to Gladiator.Gladiator would have to be at full confidence to beat Vision out of power. otherwise I see Vision outsmarting him every time. "
Did you look at the scan you provided a link to ?It basically has the Vision use his solar gem to project a blast of light, blinding Thor momentarily.How exactly does that do much to Gladiator whose eyes have shown resistance to massive levels of light (flying through a red giant star) ?"

Yes I did, my point is Vision was great at outsmarting his opponents, not that he could use the gem against him. Did you read my post?
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the creator
@Strafe Prower said:
Yes I did, my point is Vision was great at outsmarting his opponents, not that he could use the gem against him. Did you read my post? "

Yes, of course I read your post.
However how would he outsmart Gladiator, with what he has at his disposal ?
The Vision is pretty smart and can process information incredibly fast. He has been shown to be creative in combat as well. I agree with all of this.
But very simply, how does he outsmart Gladiator ?
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By castleking
by being smarter then him duh... e=mc2 he hehe... i dont think it would stop gladiator from speed blitzing/bull rushing the vision.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strafe Prower
@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
Yes I did, my point is Vision was great at outsmarting his opponents, not that he could use the gem against him. Did you read my post? "
Yes, of course I read your post.However how would he outsmart Gladiator, with what he has at his disposal ?The Vision is pretty smart and can process information incredibly fast. He has been shown to be creative in combat as well. I agree with all of this.But very simply, how does he outsmart Gladiator ? "

Gladiator as of late has been a jobber, he could easy use this not to outbrawn him but to punt a phased hand through his head or attack him while phazed(has done this, but I don't have scans.) He could also posses him like he has in the past, making him hurt himself or something to that nature.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hellos

It really would only take one punch for gladiator to win this :P

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Vision couldn't beat Nefaria and his power is less than Gladiator
same goes for his battle with Wonder Man (who beat him)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
The Gladiator should win here
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strafe Prower
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the creator
@Strafe Prower said:
"@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
Yes, of course I read your post.However how would he outsmart Gladiator, with what he has at his disposal ?The Vision is pretty smart and can process information incredibly fast. He has been shown to be creative in combat as well. I agree with all of this.But very simply, how does he outsmart Gladiator ? "
Gladiator as of late has been a jobber, he could easy use this not to outbrawn him but to punt a phased hand through his head or attack him while phazed(has done this, but I don't have scans.) He could also posses him like he has in the past, making him hurt himself or something to that nature. "
So we can rule out all of Gladiator's high end feats and just focus on his low ones to make your reasoning more acceptable ?
You mentioned using aphased hand attack. The attack works because the intangible Vision raises the density of his hand very slightly, that causes the target to feel terrible pain thanks to the atomic disruption that results.
So how does he answer Gladiators ability to move / react / think at massive speeds, fast enough that a human eye cannot track him - like he did when he faught the Thing / FF.
Although the Vision is a lot faster than  a normal human, he lacks the 'Super speed'; power that Gladiator has and thus could struggle to hit him if Gladiator uses this power.
Now I admit that Wonder Man resisting a phased attack from the Vision is slightly different because he is different from a normal organic humanois as his cells are brimming with ionic energy.
However Wonderman has taken this attack before and kept fighting and I know that Gladiator has greater endurance and durability.
As for possessing someone, that is likely to have has special cicumstances. Why don't you show us what you mean.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strafe Prower
@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
"@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
Gladiator as of late has been a jobber, he could easy use this not to outbrawn him but to punt a phased hand through his head or attack him while phazed(has done this, but I don't have scans.) He could also posses him like he has in the past, making him hurt himself or something to that nature. "
So we can rule out all of Gladiator's high end feats and just focus on his low ones to make your reasoning more acceptable ?You mentioned using aphased hand attack. The attack works because the intangible Vision raises the density of his hand very slightly, that causes the target to feel terrible pain thanks to the atomic disruption that results.So how does he answer Gladiators ability to move / react / think at massive speeds, fast enough that a human eye cannot track him - like he did when he faught the Thing / FF.Although the Vision is a lot faster than  a normal human, he lacks the 'Super speed'; power that Gladiator has and thus could struggle to hit him if Gladiator uses this power.Now I admit that Wonder Man resisting a phased attack from the Vision is slightly different because he is different from a normal organic humanois as his cells are brimming with ionic energy.However Wonderman has taken this attack before and kept fighting and I know that Gladiator has greater endurance and durability.As for possessing someone, that is likely to have has special cicumstances. Why don't you show us what you mean."

No What I'm saying is that as of late Gladiator has been proving he doesn't use his powers to the full potential.
If Gladiator tries to just go in and use brute strength, which I think he would, when he doesn't hit anything and can't see Vision, and is trying to figure out what happened, This is a perfect opening for the Vision to hurt him. Also, I think he do this quite a few times before Gladiator would figure out he needs to move constantly and wait for Vision to come out of hiding. I think Vision could end it before that happened. Wonder Mans durability has been inconsistant over the years, I do think it will take Vision quite a few times to make Gladiator drop. The possesing someone scan I had is no longer on my cpu because of a recent crash I had. I will see if I can find it again, until then I'm afraid I can't show you.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gladiator rips Victor in half.

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dro

I'm trusting Vance and King Saturn here. Plus, no one's provided a decent argument for Vision's win, while I've seen very strong arguments for Gladiator's win.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Strafe Prower
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the creator
@Strafe Prower said:
No What I'm saying is that as of late Gladiator has been proving he doesn't use his powers to the full potential.If Gladiator tries to just go in and use brute strength, which I think he would, when he doesn't hit anything and can't see Vision, and is trying to figure out what happened, This is a perfect opening for the Vision to hurt him. Also, I think he do this quite a few times before Gladiator would figure out he needs to move constantly and wait for Vision to come out of hiding. I think Vision could end it before that happened. Wonder Mans durability has been inconsistant over the years, I do think it will take Vision quite a few times to make Gladiator drop. The possesing someone scan I had is no longer on my cpu because of a recent crash I had. I will see if I can find it again, until then I'm afraid I can't show you. "
On the Vine we are meant to be able to look past poor writing, to look at the characters should be able to do.
Thats why Gladiator being hurt / humbled by Gambit or Cannonball is a real stretch and should be viewed a little bit skeptically.
He can still see the Vision, even if he is is intangible. The Vision is not invisible when intangible.
Gladaitors senses are superhumanly accute even if this was an issue.
The point was with Gladiators speed is that he does not have to use it all the time, just to avoid Vision, who when he is instangible (to fly), does not move very fast at all.
Wondermans durability has not been inconsistent. The only time it has really fluctuated isback when he had his own title and all his powerrs were in flux.
Vision will only get one strike at Gladiator as Vision needs to increase his denisity fractionally to attack Gladiator. This takes 1/100th of a second and for Gladaitor that's all the time he needs to attack himself.
The Vision would not get a repeat chance to attack Gladiator like this - he learns. You yourself say that it would take a few times with this attack form to drop Gladiator - attacks Vision won't get.
Possessing someone is not in Vision's powewr set, unless it happened to be a computerised opponent and even then, Vision would struggle - again unless there was special cicumstances.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Strafe Prower
@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
No What I'm saying is that as of late Gladiator has been proving he doesn't use his powers to the full potential.If Gladiator tries to just go in and use brute strength, which I think he would, when he doesn't hit anything and can't see Vision, and is trying to figure out what happened, This is a perfect opening for the Vision to hurt him. Also, I think he do this quite a few times before Gladiator would figure out he needs to move constantly and wait for Vision to come out of hiding. I think Vision could end it before that happened. Wonder Mans durability has been inconsistant over the years, I do think it will take Vision quite a few times to make Gladiator drop. The possesing someone scan I had is no longer on my cpu because of a recent crash I had. I will see if I can find it again, until then I'm afraid I can't show you. "
On the Vine we are meant to be able to look past poor writing, to look at the characters should be able to do.Thats why Gladiator being hurt / humbled by Gambit or Cannonball is a real stretch and should be viewed a little bit skeptically.He can still see the Vision, even if he is is intangible. The Vision is not invisible when intangible.Gladaitors senses are superhumanly accute even if this was an issue.The point was with Gladiators speed is that he does not have to use it all the time, just to avoid Vision, who when he is instangible (to fly), does not move very fast at all.Wondermans durability has not been inconsistent. The only time it has really fluctuated isback when he had his own title and all his powerrs were in flux.Vision will only get one strike at Gladiator as Vision needs to increase his denisity fractionally to attack Gladiator. This takes 1/100th of a second and for Gladaitor that's all the time he needs to attack himself.The Vision would not get a repeat chance to attack Gladiator like this - he learns. You yourself say that it would take a few times with this attack form to drop Gladiator - attacks Vision won't get.Possessing someone is not in Vision's powewr set, unless it happened to be a computerised opponent and even then, Vision would struggle - again unless there was special cicumstances."

Hmmm, I'll accept that
so Gladiator has eyes in the back of his head? What i'm saying is, He wouldn't see Vision because he would already have moved and probably ready for an attack.
No point about debating that. He has hurt his hand punching the Vision before.
Gladiator wouldn't just attack again, he would try to figure out why he missed, he isn't a total moron.
Why not? after that first miss Vision could just stay intangible until he gets close.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By the creator
@Strafe Prower said:
Hmmm, I'll accept thatso Gladiator has eyes in the back of his head? What i'm saying is, He wouldn't see Vision because he would already have moved and probably ready for an attack.No point about debating that. He has hurt his hand punching the Vision before.Gladiator wouldn't just attack again, he would try to figure out why he missed, he isn't a total moron.Why not? after that first miss Vision could just stay intangible until he gets close. "

Gladaitors combination super speed and super senses have in the past permitted him to notice even out of phase objects like when he was fighting the FF and Thor (they were travelling on a time sled).
You yourself said 'If Gladiator tries to just go in and use brute strength, which I think he would' but now you say 'Gladiator wouldn't just attack again, he would try to figure out why he missed, he isn't a total moron.' - those 2 sentences don't agree with each other.
The point about letting the Vision get close is this, in the time it takes for the Vision to insert his hand and begin to alter his density (the density change taking 1/100th of a second), this is plenty of time for Gladaitor to move and attack. Even if the Vision has upped his density on fractionally for the attack, Gladaitors heat vision is going to cause a lot of damage.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strafe Prower
@the creator said:
"@Strafe Prower said:
Hmmm, I'll accept thatso Gladiator has eyes in the back of his head? What i'm saying is, He wouldn't see Vision because he would already have moved and probably ready for an attack.No point about debating that. He has hurt his hand punching the Vision before.Gladiator wouldn't just attack again, he would try to figure out why he missed, he isn't a total moron.Why not? after that first miss Vision could just stay intangible until he gets close. "
Gladaitors combination super speed and super senses have in the past permitted him to notice even out of phase objects like when he was fighting the FF and Thor (they were travelling on a time sled).You yourself said 'If Gladiator tries to just go in and use brute strength, which I think he would' but now you say 'Gladiator wouldn't just attack again, he would try to figure out why he missed, he isn't a total moron.' - those 2 sentences don't agree with each other.The point about letting the Vision get close is this, in the time it takes for the Vision to insert his hand and begin to alter his density (the density change taking 1/100th of a second), this is plenty of time for Gladaitor to move and attack. Even if the Vision has upped his density on fractionally for the attack, Gladaitors heat vision is going to cause a lot of damage."

Didn't know that.
We are now disregarding the poor showings so I changed how he would fight.
Gladiator is not that intelligent to know that, unless I am mistaken. I didn't think he would know that this would work.
I still stand by Vision possesing him as well.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By the creator

Gladaitor is certainly not stupid. He is just very confident and that can lead him in to trouble. He has faught dozens if not hundreds of powered opponents.
I don't yet understand how Vision could possess anyone as its not in his power set to do so. So until I see how he could possess anyone, I disregard this. For instance why did he not possess Could Nefaria, Wonderman etc. I don't recall him using this power - so its infrequency of use must be serious.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator wins this fight easily if his self-confidence is on a high level (Why he lost to Savage Hulk).

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision maybe.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Vision would lose this fight.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Vision maybe.

Has he even Hurt any body of Gladiator's durability level ? but if speed blitz is allowed Gladiator wins other wise its gonna be a long fight but i still think Gladiator will win .

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator wins this fight easily if his self-confidence is on a high level (Why he lost to Savage Hulk).

That comic was full of pis/cis not worth mentioning hahaha .

bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator!!!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision should be able to take this. Intangibility being his most useful ability.

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

gladiator

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator stomps. Vision is way out of his league here.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vision is underrated as hell, he wins with intangibility

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator straight dominates him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator should speed blitz. Theoretically Vision could possess his body and take him over but not sure what he would do from there that would kill gladiator....

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator, much faster, stronger and durable.