#1 Posted by Deathcry (144 posts) - - Show Bio
  •  Vision 2.0 and the Recent version of Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze).
  • They have a random encounter in the main city of Seattle.
  • Morals On. The distance between them is 1 block away.
  • Knock out 4 the Win. (Since GR cannot face death)
  • They have a conversation before fighting.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider stomps.

#3 Posted by Artist_Incarnate (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate or Ghost Rider.

#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Ghost Rider stomps.

This.

#5 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost rider.

#6 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Ghost Rider stomps.

How does Ghost Rider stomp actually, Vision can go intangible does hell fire work when you are intangible?? Besides Vision is faster and has the heat vision attack to stall rider long enough to avoid a stomp.

@Artist_Incarnate said:

Stalemate or Ghost Rider.

This I agree.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

He should still be able to harm Vision. And even if he can't, Vision can't hurt Ghost Rider. So basically, Vision is just stalling the inevitable the entire time.
#8 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Killemall: He should still be able to harm Vision. And even if he can't, Vision can't hurt Ghost Rider. So basically, Vision is just stalling the inevitable the entire time.

Yes that i agree but that isnt a stomp per say is it. Stomp is where someone as absolutely no way of winning or staying alive. Vision could just go intangible and fly away and attack ghost rider with his heat vision (or whatever its called) for quite a long time before the spirit takes over and pwns vision.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

You just said it yourself: It's a stomp when he has no way of winning. And it is debatable whether being intangible will work at all. The point is, Vision can't hurt Ghost Rider, while Vision has the burden of remaining intangible and basically running away the entire time.
#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

These mismatches are becoming increasingly ridiculous. 

#11 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

GR stomps and tech-intangibility doesn't give You immune from magic attacks. Valkyrie's sword already has proven that.

#12 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

GR all day.

#13 Edited by Kurupted13 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision loses

Theres not other way of saying it

#14 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael666 said:
GR stomps and tech-intangibility doesn't give You immune from magic attacks. Valkyrie's sword already has proven that.
Figured. For the sake of argument, though, I was giving Vision the benefit of the doubt.
#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision doesn't just have the intangible thing, he's also got the 'increased density' thing that he uses to fight powerhouses like Ultron. He fought Silver Surfer hand to hand in the center of a volcano. I think this is a stalemate.

#16 Posted by illmatic06 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision can fly above GR and increase his density to over 70 tons. Plus pummel him and laser beam. Why is this supposed to be a rout? i think Vision can win

#17 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
Vision doesn't just have the intangible thing, he's also got the 'increased density' thing that he uses to fight powerhouses like Ultron. He fought Silver Surfer hand to hand in the center of a volcano. I think this is a stalemate.
How does his increased density shield him from the destructive effects of Hellfire?
#18 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:
How does his increased density shield him from the destructive effects of Hellfire?
How does Hellfire affect a non-living sentient machine with no soul and the ability to withstand incredible heats?
#19 Posted by illmatic06 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision can makes himself intangible, phase through the ground, sneak up, and solidfy inside of GR. Probably cant kill him but definitely incapicate him with a solid hand in his head or chest.

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:
How does Hellfire affect a non-living sentient machine with no soul and the ability to withstand incredible heats?
What is the highest temperature Vision has ever withstood while in a state of high density? 

@illmatic06 said:
Vision can makes himself intangible, phase through the ground, sneak up, and solidfy inside of GR. Probably cant kill him but definitely incapicate him with a solid hand in his head or chest.
Ghost Rider would simply laugh that off.
#21 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@JediXMan said:

Ghost Rider stomps.

This.

OF COURSE!!!

#22 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheSpiritStalker: Your avatar is wonderfully morbid..
#23 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:
What is the highest temperature Vision has ever withstood while in a state of high density? 

Well the fight I mentioned with him and Silver Surfer they were waist deep in lava and it wasn't slowing either of them down. Lava temperatures range from 700 °C to 1,200 °C or 1,300 °F to 2,200 °F. But since Vision was fighting physically and moving he musn't have been at his maximum density which slows him down greatly. It is said that when he is at his densest he is as hard as diamond which is one of the hardest substances on Earth. The solar beams he fires from his eyes can reach temperatures of 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
#24 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:

Well the fight I mentioned with him and Silver Surfer they were waist deep in lava and it wasn't slowing either of them down. Lava temperatures range from 700 °C to 1,200 °C or 1,300 °F to 2,200 °F. But since Vision was fighting physically and moving he musn't have been at his maximum density which slows him down greatly. It is said that when he is at his densest he is as hard as diamond which is one of the hardest substances on Earth. The solar beams he fires from his eyes can reach temperatures of 30,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
Interesting. Well, from a logistical viewpoint, I suppose it's possible for Vision to withstand a majority of Ghost Rider's attacks, but there's always the possibility that Zarathos could invoke magic far beyond Vision's capability of defense. Until then, I will agree that it is a stalemate. 
#25 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
@Illuminatus said:
@PrinceIMC said:
Actually, I believe Vision does have a soul - though I might be thinking of Red Tornado. But I think Vision does, too.
#26 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Does he? I remember him complaining about feeling like "his soul was ripped out" after something (which I can't remember) happened, but I believe it was hyperbole..
#27 Posted by termiteone4ever (8031 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see The Ghost Rider getting a beating here. It would be hard for some dumb reason technology and magic / supernatural always clash

#28 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@termiteone4ever said:

I can see The Ghost Rider getting a beating here. It would be hard for some dumb reason technology and magic / supernatural always clash

Vision has no feasible way of even tickling Ghost Rider. It's either a stalemate or a victory for Ghost Rider.
#29 Posted by JediXMan (31316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:
@JediXMan: Does he? I remember him complaining about feeling like "his soul was ripped out" after something (which I can't remember) happened, but I believe it was hyperbole..
I know Red Tornado has a soul (Professor T.O. Marrow, I believe, being the first person to create an artificial soul). Could be wrong, but I think Pym did the same thing with Vision and Ultron.
#30 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@Illuminatus said:
I know Red Tornado has a soul (Professor T.O. Marrow, I believe, being the first person to create an artificial soul). Could be wrong, but I think Pym did the same thing with Vision and Ultron.
I'm not an expert on Vision (always found him a rather pandering character), so I really have no idea if he has anything that resembles a soul.
#31 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision is greater than the sum of his parts. Human Torch's body, Wonder Man's mental patterns, his own memories, then wiped, then got new mental patterns, then kinda recovered his old mental patterns, then ripped apart and downloaded into teenaged Kang's armor and now based off his mental patterns.....you could say that because of the number of times he's had to restore himself he is more than a computer, he is a true AI and maybe he has some kind of electronic soul but I wouldn't say he has a spiritual soul.

#32 Edited by nightwing91 (3877 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe it was stated in an old Marvel team up that Vision had a soul, when he battled Necrodamus. With Scarlet Witch using a hex to strengthen Vision's soul to cast Necrodamus out.

But then again during Chaos War, Dr. Druid did tell Vision he didn't have a soul.

#33 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:
Figured. For the sake of argument, though, I was giving Vision the benefit of the doubt.

One thing is not related to the other. Valkyrie's sword can attack intangible's, doesn't necessarily mean its a rule of thumb for every magical attack to affect tech-intangibles. Other than that, Jedi's argument seemed to be valid.

#34 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@JediXMan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

One thing is not related to the other. Valkyrie's sword can attack intangible's, doesn't necessarily mean its a rule of thumb for every magical attack to affect tech-intangibles. Other than that, Jedi's argument seemed to be valid.

You would be right, but Arabian(?) Knight did the same recently. And I've seen Thor doing the same. IIRC other kinds of intangibility can't be affected in that way (like Moonstone's), but tech ones - can.
#35 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ReVamp said:

@JediXMan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

You would be right, but Arabian(?) Knight did the same recently. And I've seen Thor doing the same. IIRC other kinds of intangibility can't be affected in that way (like Moonstone's), but tech ones - can.

I realize what you're saying, but you can't just assume because it seems to be somewhat of a pattern that the statement is true, specially considering the fact that most of the scenarios that you've shown are all of people with Enchanted melee weapons with some mythology behind it. I'm don't think we can assume that this is the case for Ghost Rider, unless obviously someone can present feats to back this claim up, which would change the claim a bit. This is all partly irrelevant however, but if anyone wants to make a case for vision they can at least go from here (I guess).

#36 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ReVamp said:

@JediXMan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

I realize what you're saying, but you can't just assume because it seems to be somewhat of a pattern that the statement is true, specially considering the fact that most of the scenarios that you've shown are all of people with Enchanted melee weapons with some mythology behind it. I'm don't think we can assume that this is the case for Ghost Rider, unless obviously someone can present feats to back this claim up, which would change the claim a bit. This is all partly irrelevant however, but if anyone wants to make a case for vision they can at least go from here (I guess).

I belive that since he uses magical fire and that his chains can transport hellfire, I would say that it counts as a magical attack.
#37 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7084 posts) - - Show Bio

GR

#38 Posted by boschePG (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: In Avengers West Coast 52 the Wackos were fighting against Master Pandemonium to get get Wanda's twins and Master Ps low level demons were able to revert Vision from intangible to solid, taking him out while twisting his head around

I think Blaze wins this