Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

FIRST EVER VINER CREATED BATTLE OF THE WEEK

No Caption Provided

If you are looking for the battle of the week @k4tzm4n creates, please follow this link. BotW. It's about dodgeball and is very entertaining, you should check it out!

This is a thread to nominate battles created by Viners in the battle forums. You can nominate yourself or others for the coveted prize of "recognition", because that's all I can afford.

Rules

No Caption Provided
  1. Each Viner can only nominate up to three battle threads.
  2. When nominating a thread, please paste a link to the thread. Leaving a few comments of why you think the thread you are nominating is the best would be helpful too.
  3. Only nominated threads that follow the battle forum rules are allowed.
  4. Only battles that were created on or after Sunday, October 20th are allowed.
  5. On Monday, October 27th I will create a new thread that has the nominations that will feature what I thought was the best of the nominated threads. I will select a winner for the first week (due to a shorter time period in the first week), but the following weeks I will open a poll for voting to select the winner. Each week I will write a brief summary of the winning battle, and my thoughts on the battle. I will also give brief mentions to some of the honorable mentions that did not win.
  6. The thread mentioned in #5, will be the same thread to nominate battles for Week 2, which will close on Sunday November 2nd. This process will repeat indefinitely, as long as there is enough interest.

Tips to help you win!

No Caption Provided
  1. Use interesting characters. We've seen enough Superman, Hulk, Thor, and Batman threads for multiple lifetimes. Try mixing it up with characters outside of DC and Marvel or at least some of the lesser known characters from the big two. Battles can still be the best with well known characters, but they can be much more interesting when we get to learn about new characters while they battle each other. Provide information such as feats or a link to follow for Viners to learn more about these characters.
  2. Organization. Take your time to organize your thread. CV features tools to make this pretty easy. Take some time and learn how to use them. Use pictures, use headers, use proper grammar and spelling.
  3. Be creative. You don't have to do Character A vs Character B every time. Take a look at this thread made by @the_red_viper. - Two Strategic Leaders He put a lot of work into this. There's a lot of factors and variables in this match, but he organized and balanced it very well so it's easy to read. Sometimes simple can be better, but a complex thread like this is a nice change of pace.
  4. HAVE FUN WITH THIS. Any type of battle is eligible to be nominated, as long as it follows the rules. Feel free to nominate yourself if you think your battle is worthy of being the best of the week! Here's a link to the original idea thread for this. Link

No Caption Provided

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What about tournaments?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What about tournaments?

This is more for battles and to try inspire Viners to put more thought and detail into creating battle threads. For the most part, anyone who writes a tournament has to put in this thought and detail just to make it run smooth. I think this thread is best for just battles. Matches like gauntlets, races, arm wrestling, missions, etc... are all good though. It doesn't have to be a straight up Character A vs Character B match.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I will try and see if I can find some threads.