Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pterodactyl

Team 1:

Deathstroke with an orange ring, Doomsday with a red ring, Major Force with a green ring, and Black Adam with a yellow ring.

Team 2:

Larfleeze, Atrocitus, Hal Jordan, and Sinestro.

Rules:

No BFR, pre New-52, Doomsday cant resurrect but he still has his healing factor, team 1 gets one day's practice with their new rings in advance, starting 5 miles apart.

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Win by KO or death, in character.

Round 2: Win by death, bloodlusted.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Is the 1 day solely for practice? Or can the team use that time for all-around prep?

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pterodactyl

Just practice.

I didn't want them to go in blind, but I also still wanted the variable of skill thrown in.

The veterans know how to do amazing things with their rings, through experience and years of practice. Team 1 has access to the same power, but how well they can actually use the rings after the day varies. For example; Major Force isn't exactly known for intelligence or mental stability, so he probably won't being doing anything elaborate or outstanding with his ring, while Adam has the power of wisdom and could potentially figure out how to use his ring to the fullest quickly.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doomsday with a red ring? Dear god o_0

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pterodactyl

bump.

Seriously?

I post an interesting match-up and it gets drowned out by a bunch of generics, mismatches, and repeats.

Someone has to have some insight, theories, or debates about this battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What emotion powers an orange ring?

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skelebones

@dewin50: greed.

which is a bad fit for deathstroke. hed be better off with a green ring. sure hes a merc and all but hes not greedy enough... then again the bar is set pretty high... larafleez and lex luthor are the only ones ive seen with an orange ring and they went batshit with it

doomsday with a red ring? sweet baby jesus man why not give one to the hulk while your at it too?! i mean for fucks sake what is wrong with you?!

on a side note this pic is somewhat relevant:

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday with the Red ring gives me the chills..

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skelebones:

Thanks.

Now Greed for DS is pretty weird since he doesn't come off greedy in any way. Give him a Green ring and we'll talk.

No Caption Provided

Now giving Doomsday a red ring is a bald move, pretty sure he'd give these guys a problem even without one. Now with one i'm pretty sure team 1 takes it with the team only needing to support Doomsday and making sure he won't go down while he fly's around and completely annihilates everything he sees.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tempted to say Larfleeze could solo with difficulty.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets give The Joker a yellow ring.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

let us give thanos an orange ring and dr doom a green ring

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Way too much speculation here.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red ring Doomsday solos.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Deathstroke and Major Force should go down pretty quickly, leaving Larfleeze and Atrocitus to take care of Doomsday (the biggest threat on team 1), Hal and Sinestro should be able to handle Adam or hold him off long enough for Doomsday to be taken care off.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Deathstroke with an orange ring I can understand going down. He's not particularly greedy so it wouldn't do anything for him. But Major Force is a powerhouse. He' been both Captain Atom and Kyle Rayner's arch foe. Even without a ring he could take on a GL. Doomsday and BA are immensely powerful without a ring. Giving BA the power of fear and Doomsday a rage based cosmic weapon is a bad idea I don't see how the GLs could win.

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Larfleeze solos because only Doomsday and Black Adam seem to fit their ring and Larfleeze and Atrocitus have been at it a lot longer than them.

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pterodactyl

Deathstroke kills people for money, he's greedy enough to use the ring, he might not be able to do anything amazing with it, but he can use it, and he has a day of prep with it, so he knows he'll need to be greedy to get more power out of it.

I did this for the sake of balance.

Also, the green ring works off of willpower, something Major Force has, as his normal powers require the same(according to his comicvine wiki).

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Way too much speculation here.

How so?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pterodactyl

What do you mean no feats?

All of these characters have been around for years, the villains have their same powers, they just have power rings now, and we know what power rings do.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

What do you mean no feats?

All of these characters have been around for years, the villains have their same powers, they just have power rings now, and we know what power rings do.

Doesn't mean they have the same prowess with the rings like the people you put them up against. Owning a ring doesn't mean automatic construct. Even with one whole day of practice I still don't see them being easily making constructs on the fly. Even when people are inducted to their corps they still have to train to figure out how to channel their emotions through the ring.

Also Don't know why people are saying DD solos. The most the ring is going to give him is lava vomit. Most Red lanterns making constructs save for Atrocitus & Rankor.(Unless something changed, Haven't read new 52 RL in a while.)

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never said they knew how to use them well, in fact, I quite literally made that point in a few posts above.

That is the main reason why I picked the villain line-up, they are all super-powered, and with the exception of DS they can all mess superman up(Major force would never win but he has thrown Supes around a little bit before) with their normal abilities. The rings just add an extra factor to this fight.

Adam is the only one who would be able to use his ring to an effective degree, due to his wisdom powers.

They aren't only using their rings, they just have the option, with a day of prep.

And Doomsday might only be able to use the lava vomit, but that stuff goes through constructs if I recall correctly, and he's more than angry enough to produce an extreme amount of it.

Now, who would win and why?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I think the veterans take it, but I think it'd be more interesting if Deathstroke had the Green Ring. Like others have said above, I feel Orange is a bad fit for his personality.

Pterodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reasons?

And DS has an orange ring for a reason.