Villains change up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marvel and DC villains have decided that they are tired of being on the receiving end of most of the beatings, so they decide to take out each other's nemises.

In this trade off the villains have to use the resourses of the villain they replaced, they bring nothing with them except what they normally carry, they have access to all their replacements files on their new target.

Each villain has one week before anyone will notice the switch.

1. Lex Luthor and Dr. Doom trade places.

Lex has one week to prepare to take out the Fantastic Four using Doom's resources.

Doom has one we to prepare to take out Superman with Lex's resources.

2. Magneto and Gorilla Grodd trade places.

Magneto has one week to prepare to take out the Flash using Grodd's resources.

Grodd has one week to prepare to take out the X-Men (Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Iceman, and Wolverine) with Magneto's resources.

3. Deathstroke and Green Goblin trade places.

Deathstroke has one week to prepare to take out Spiderman using Norman's resources.

Norman has one week to prepare to take out Batman with Deathstroke's resources.

4. Sinestro and Loki trade places.

Sinersto has one week to prepare to take out Thor using Loki's resources.

Loki has one week to prepare to take out Hal Jordan using Sinertro's resources.

Lastly:

5. Ultron and Brainiac 5 trade places.

Ultron has a week to prepare to take out the JLA (the big 7) using Brainiac 5's resources.

Brainiac 5 has a week to prepare to take out the Avengers (Cap, Vision, Thor, Ironman, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, and Antman) using Ultron's resources.

BONUS ROUND.

Mr. Mytzlplk and the Impossible Man Trade places... with a twist.

Mr. Mytzlplk has to piss off the Silver Surfer enough that Norrin blasts him.

Impossible Man has to piss off Superman enough that Clark punches him.

So, who pulls it off?

Who completes their mission the easiest?

Who fails horribly?

Who would like the other world better and just stays?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Floopay

I actually think the villains may clear this...

Questioning Grodd vs. X-Men though, I don't think he could beat the X-Men team he's up against.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I never said it would be easy.

Also editing in a bonus round.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

The villains succeed. Doom uses his magic and ruthlessness to take down Superman. Lex uses his savvy and social intellect to manipulate and destroy the Four from the inside.

Grodd and Magneto both fail. Flash is too much for Magneto -- likewise, Emma's TP will be a formidable weapon against Grodd, giving the X-men and advantage.

Slade succeeds, pretty easily. Goblin fails after a good show.

Loki defeats Hal. Sinestro loses against Thor.

No comment, not sure.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 owie  Moderator

Great idea.

I think Doom has a decent chance. His magic gives him an advantage that Luthor hasn't had, and Doom has all of Lex's scientific smarts.

Luthor, however, probably fails. Reed is as smart as Luthor (or more), and the FF is reasonably powerful.

I don't feel like Magneto has what it takes to beat Flash. Magneto has some decent prep experience, but a week is not enough for him, probably, and I don't think his powers are especially apt for fighting Flash.

I'm not totally sure about Grodd's telepathic power level, but I believe he's pretty powerful. Given that Emma's powers are on the fritz right now, I think Grodd could potentially take the X-Men. He's physically powerful (beat down Power Girl, although I believe that was past his normal feat range), so he could maybe do it.

Deathstroke would definitely beat Spidey. He's too good at prep and has fought too many superhumans to lose here.

Norman would not beat Batman. Bats has all the precautions and defenses he needs against Norman.

I could definitely see both Sinestro and Loki beating Thor and Hal here. Loki due to magic and prep skills, and Sinestro due to the nature of his powers.

Although I love Ultron, and he is fantastic at prep, I would say at normal levels he would probably lose. The JLA is tougher than most Avengers teams. Of course, we are just now seeing that with extended prep, he can destroy the world. But this is only a week, so I think he loses.

Brainiac is fighting a somewhat weaker Avengers team, and there's a reasonable chance he could win..

BONUS ROUND.

I don't think Superman will ever try to kill Impossible Man, but he could certainly get Clark to take a swing at him. Mxy would have an easier time getting Norrin to try to kill him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is much more like it, my last few battles I have started were not exactly overwhelming in responses.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is much more like it, my last few battles I have started were not exactly overwhelming in responses.

You make very good threads. This is another one of them.

Each has something the other doesn't that gives them an edge over the other's hero. Doom has his magic, and Lex is manipulative and has enough influence to tear the FF apart from the inside, probably making them into public enemies.

I don't like Maggy's odds against Flash with only a week of prep. I think Grodd has a better chance against the X-Men, but I still doubt he could take a majority.

Hmm. I am very iffy on Deathstroke vs Spider-Man. A week might not be enough, but then again...

Norman would destroy Batman in a fight, and if he's in his right state of mind, same goes for the prep game.

Loki has a decent chance of succeeding, but I don't see Sinestro beating Thor at all.

I can't say.

BONUS ROUND.

Supes is obviously gonna take a couple swings at Impossible Man, but he won't take it very far. Norrin will probably just get pissy.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@floopay said:

Questioning Grodd vs. X-Men though, I don't think he could beat the X-Men team he's up against.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Your avatar......... is another character from The Tick?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Floopay

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Your avatar......... is another character from The Tick?

Yes.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman doesn't need prep to beat batman assuming batman himself doesn't have prep. Slade beats spider-man under these conditions.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome idea, brah.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added slight edit to the bonus round.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@owie said:

He's physically powerful (beat down Power Girl, although I believe that was past his normal feat range)

That was Ultra-Humanite. Wrong monkey. And it was in the PG solo where her power level was severely seeped, and it was out of U-H's normal feat range too. Grodd could never overpower a kryptonian without some serious bad writing.

Or Gail Simone.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Or Gail Simone.

AH!

on the OP: I think the villains should do this more often, it actually makes it more challenging for the super IMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy:

I do a ton of writing and story telling, short stories, fan fics, even a few novels, I always liked the idea. I have used it a time or 2.

I also have run, played, play tested, and created MANY table top games for the last 15 years or so, good practice for this place.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: yeah it makes sense that mixing up things could work for the villains. nice thread

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is not beating Norman, especially when Norman has prep. He hangs with Spidey, Bats goes down easily.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy said:

@joygirl said:

Or Gail Simone.

AH!

on the OP: I think the villains should do this more often, it actually makes it more challenging for the super IMO

Marvel has actually done it..."Acts of Vengeance" back in the 90's.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Lex and Doom win.

Magneto(maybe) and Gorilla Grodd win.

Deathstroke and Green Goblin win.

Sinestro(maybe) and Loki win.

Ultron and Braianiac 5 win.

Mr. Mytzlplk and the Impossible Man win(Impossible Man wins first though).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am kind of surprised by some of these answers, I thought that on one or 2, a week would not be nearly enough time, and on others it would be more than plenty.

Yet some of the responses are right the opposite of the ones I thought.

@shawnbaby Feel free to throw in an opinion on the fights, you seem to usually have logical opinions.

@joygirl said:

@owie said:

He's physically powerful (beat down Power Girl, although I believe that was past his normal feat range)

That was Ultra-Humanite. Wrong monkey. And it was in the PG solo where her power level was severely seeped, and it was out of U-H's normal feat range too. Grodd could never overpower a kryptonian without some serious bad writing.

Or Gail Simone.

Could be worse, could be Loeb writing. If he was doing it Power Girl would have punked out Darkseid and then fought off an angry Imperiex.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 owie  Moderator

@joygirl said:

@owie said:

Or Gail Simone.

Oops. You're right, of course. Although I don't think PG's power was down for most of that series, just that fight.

I know the feeling :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: It seems like to get a lot of responses, you either have to make a troll bait thread, use anime characters, or use like the big 3 of whatever company.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: ooooh, interesting. but still I think it would be cooler if it was with villains from different universes, because if it's the same universe then you already have some info on them, and it's bound to exist some similarities.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Luthor and Doom-

Doom: I think Doom could handle the man of Steel....even without Prep Doom is already a master Sorceror and Supes has no protection against Magic

Luthor: I think Luthor would have his hands full with the FF. He might be able to do it but it would be difficult. He would need to craft Power Armour much different than anything he has crafted before.

2.Magneto and Grodd

Magneto: realistically, Flash should never have problems with non-Speedsters....yet most of his Rogue Gallery are not Speedsters and can all still give him trouble. With that in mind...Magneto with Prep can take him.

Grodd: I don't think Grodd can do this. Assuming this is Pre-AVX Emma...she can block out his TP assaults. Colossus is in his league physically, Wolverine tanks hits from Class 100's all the time, Iceman is pretty much unstoppable at this point, And Cyclops blasts have hurt the Hulk in the past.

3. Deathstroke and Green Goblin:

Goblin: Batman dies. Goblin already has Bruce outclasses physically...and he's been given a week of prep to seal the deal.

Deathstroke: Possible. New 52 DS doesn't seem to be quite the same PIS prepper that he used to be....but he doesn't have considerably higher stats now and his armour his pretty much impenetrable. Spider-Ock is still adjusting to Peter's Body and doesn't always trust the Spider-Sense as much as he should. Given that...i think Deathstroke can take an unsuspecting Spider-Man win with a week of Prep using Goblin's resources.

Loki and Sinestro:

Loki: Loki, with Sinestro's resources and a week of prep absolutely dominates Hal.

Sinestro: Thor takes this. Ring drain.

Ultron and Braniac 5

Ultron: To be honest...I have to read Age of Ultron before really answering this question. My initial feeling is yes....Ultron can take this though.

Braniac 5: Braniac wins. If Ultron's resources are anything like they seem to be judging from the Age of Ultron Spider-Man issue (which is the only glimpse I've had into Age of Ultron thus far)...Braniac can win.

Who completes their mission the easiest? Doom.

Who fails horribly? Sinestro

Who would like the other world better and just stays? Deathstroke probably...he is far less tied into the typical grudge matches that these others seem to get into.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Yeah, that is the kind of thing I am looking for.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, this is assuming the hero's don't know the villains in question have switched places or that they're actively being hunted said villain.

1. Doom beats Superman with both his magic and intellect. Lex with only a week of prep will put up a fight but loses in the end.

2. Magneto beats Flash. Flash is a beast but he doesn't see Magneto coming. Magneto's a beast too, and has prep. If under the guise of Magneto's resources Grodd assembles a of team of mutants like Magneto always seemed to he wins. If not he loses. The team of X-Men he's up against is nothing to sneeze at. If Grodd goes at this solo he get's beat.

3. Deathstroke wins this. If it was a no-prep fight I'd go with Spidey but...... Deathstroke, with prep, and all of the Goblins knowledge of Spiderman, and essentially first strike?.?.?... Sorry Parker but your going down. Green Goblin beats Batman with or without Deathstrokes resources. This ones pretty easy as the only way Batman should be able to beat someone with the strength and speed to go toe to toe with Spidey is with prep. In this scenario he has none.

4. Assuming by Sinestro's resources that means there's a spare ring for Loki to use he should win. If not it'll be closer but due to Loki's deviousness, a week of prep, and access to lot of resources in terms of manpower, Loki should be able to use that to his advantage and put down Jordan. Sinestro loses.... badly. He may have all of Loki's knowledge about Thor, but not his knowledge on how to use Loki's magic, and only a week of prep. Even if he did have all that this would be tough, but it would be closer. Yes Thor's a monster.

5. This fight I'm least knowledgeable about the villains so take this with a grain of salt. Neither villain seems to bring anything to the table that the respective hero's havn't faced and overcome before. I don't see why the JLA should reasonably lose to Ultron, nor why the Avengers should lose to Braniac. Sure the Avengers are less powerful than the JLA but the Scarlet Witch can be a deux ex machina in this one, so.... why not.?. I'll give it to the Avengers.

Who loses the worst?? Probably Sinestro. He's arrogant and when he fights there's not a lot of subtlety to him. I can see it being a curbstomp for Thor.

Who wins the easiest?? Honestly probably Magneto. The way I look at it Magneto could hit Flash while he's sleeping.... hold him in place with his magnetism and just literally rip him apart. All while floating above the house outside. It shouldn't even really be that difficult.

Who likes the different world better and stays??? Probably Doom. He's already got rid of Superman, and no-one in this world has ever heard of Reed Richards.... whats for him not to like?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Yeah, that is the kind of thing I am looking for.

When the OP is reasonably thought out...I try to make sure my answer is as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shameless old thread bump.