#1  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

Competitors

@super_saiyan_devil- Master Chief and Jak

Versus

@buildhare

Rules:

1. No speed Steal
  2. No BFR
  3. Telepathy is allowed to take over or shut someones mind down. But is allowed to scan minds, imprint illusions, read movements, ect.
  4. No time powers, like time travel or time freeze.
  5. No Prior knowledge
  6. No prep
  7. Characters are in character but are going for the kill.
  8. No reality warping
  9. No toon force
  10. Standard Equipment unless stated otherwise
  11. Win by Death, KO or incapitation.

Voting Rules:

1. Vote for the better debater
  2. Do not vote on which character you think you will win
  3. Give reasoning to your vote.
  4. I will count the total votes
  5. If I feel a vote in unjustified or biased I will not count it.

Battle Take place here, one opposite ends of the street. There is no one else around.

No Caption Provided

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Brilliant first round MC

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dynamic Duo

No Caption Provided

Crash

Cool Customer
Cool Customer

Crash is a formerly normal Bandicoot that was experimented on and genetically modified by the Mad scientist Neo Cortex. Due to these modifications he has several abilities a Bandicoot wouldn't have;

Superhuman (Super Bandicoot) Strength: Due to his physical augmentation Crash is capable of sending foes flying with his strikes

No Caption Provided

Superhuman Durability: Possesses exceptional durability, capable of surviving great falls and tanking strikes from enormous mutants.

Superhuman agility: Although he is durable, Crash's strength lies in his ability to dodge attacks. He consistently dodge's missiles, plasma blasts and physical attacks. He is also capable of leaping great distances and moving in odd ways (Moving on horizontal/ lateral/vertical planes).

LAZEEEERSSSS
LAZEEEERSSSS

Expert H2H: Crash is a master of his own unorthodox fighting style, Crash Fu. It utilizes fist and leg strikes, as well as slides. belly slams, counters and his signature spins.

Unorthodox, but effective.
Unorthodox, but effective.

Mask Induced Invulnerability: Basically serves as Crashes guardian angel. Standard to earlier games he has 3 levels to it, allowing him to receive damage 3 times before receiving any himself. Please note that this isn't per hit (3 bullets) but 3 instances (3 bursts with gaps in between). In later installments it also allows him to create a barrier in a chosen direction, preventing harm.

Barrier
Barrier

Cortex

No Caption Provided

The maniacal villain of the series, a bit of a schemer, but certainly no slouch in combat.

Superhuman Durability: Like crash he survives falls and tanks big hits, but arguably his best feat durability wise is;

His face....
His face....

Laser Gun: His own invention, Cortex's laser gun is capable of turning enemies to Dust and hitting fast moving targets.

Destroys large part of a giant robot
Destroys large part of a giant robot

Agile: Cortex is also extremely agile, not to the same degree as Crash, but more then enough to avoid projectiles.

Genius Level Intellect: As a mad scientist this is standard, only useful if Chief survives long enough to become a problem.

Mask Induced Invulnerability: Same as Crash's, minus the barriers.

I'm not going to go into tactics in my intro, looking forward to yours.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Looks good. I'm gonna have mine up sometime tomorrow.

Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John 117, aka Master Chief

No Caption Provided

Backstory

Was a kid, then got amped up a bunch. Now he's a badass.

Equipment

• His MJOLNIR armor.
  • An assault rifle.
  • A battle rifle.
  • Fragmentation grenades.
  • M6D pistol.
  • A sniper rifle.
  • Cortana

Abilities

• Super enhanced strength.
    • Can lift at least 2 tons, without his armor, and his strength is increased five fold in the MJOLNIR armor. Taking game mechanics into consideration however... Yeah...
  • Super enhanced durability.
    • Survived reentry from orbit, has a nigh unbreakable skeleton, and his armor can tank anything from bullets to huge explosions of plasma from fuel rods.
  • Super enhanced speed.
    • He's capable of running 50 mph. It doesn't sound that impressive, but he's also got pretty good reflexes.
  • Super enhanced reflexes.
    • Can dodge point blank gunfire, perceives practically everything slower than an average person, and are perceived by average people as blurs in H2H.
  • Super enhanced "senses."
    • Able to see in complete darkness, his helmet has motion and thermal sensors, and has incredible eyesight without the armor, giving him deadly aim.
  • Super enhanced intelligence.
    • Chief is a master military tactician, and has above average intelligence because of the Spartan training, and if that's not enough, he has Cortana.

And now for his teammate:

Jak, aka... Jak...

Backstory

He was a kid, then a mute, then a badass. Turns out, he's only 19.

Equipment

• Armor of Mar
  • Morph Gun
  • JET-Board

Abilities and his Morph Gun

• Can easily punch and kick people and robots to death.
    • It takes 1 to 3 hits to kill a supposedly badass soldier wearing armor.
  • Can roll faster than other people can run.
    • It takes him father than his farthest jumps, and is an attack itself.
  • The Morph Gun has plenty of ways to kill things.
    • A Scatter Gun (shotgun) mode, a Blaster (rifle) mode, a Vulcan Barrel (machine gun) mode, and the Peacemaker, which shoots things, and then they don't exist anymore. Each color mode uses a different type of eco, and each of these modes have several submodes.
      • Scatter Gun: The Wave Concussor (a grounded circular red eco blast) and The Plasmite RPG (a red eco energy bomb gun)
      • Blaster: The Beam Reflexor (bouncy yellow eco bullets) and The Gyro Burster (a spinning gear rapidly firing yellow eco bullets)
      • Vulcan Barrel: The Arc Wielder (a blue eco electricity gun) and The Needle Lazer (multiple needle like projectiles that home in on targets)
      • Peace Maker: The Mass Inverter (a dark eco anti-gravity gun) and The Super Nova (a mini nuke of dark eco with a mushroom cloud of doom)
  • The JET-Board can grind on narrow surfaces and is quite speedy.
    • It can glide on any surface. Even water. And can boost jumps to incredible heights.

My Strategy

My team more than likely has superior long range weapons, and a lot more of them. So this should be relatively easily for my team at a range, and if it gets close, my characters should be able to edge yours out in hand to hand. This is a very quick summary of my strategy, and I'll go on as I get more info on Crash and Cortex.

mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

T4V

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emperorthanos-  Moderator
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_saiyan_devil: Okay so before I go a little further into my tactics I'd like to touch on some of what you've said

Rebuttal

perceives practically everything slower than an average person, and are perceived by average people as blurs in H2H.

Luckily neither of my Team are average

Able to see in complete darkness

This is cool but the time of day makes it fairly irrelevant

My team more than likely has superior long range weapons

Superior is debatable, Cotex's Gun is capable of reducing personnel to ash, blowing up large pieces of giant robots and (I'm not sure if its his gun or his own aim) targeting/hitting fast moving projectiles/beings.

a lot more of them

Got me there but Cortex only needs one in this scenario.

So this should be relatively easily for my team at a range

Disagree hard here. As per the photo for the Arena above, this battle takes place in Whiterun, which is multi-leveled and between houses and hills it provides extensive cover. Cortex doesn't need to close on your team to take them out and Crash is both fast and agile enough to do it, something he could likely replicate without cover.

my characters should be able to edge yours out in hand to hand

Without his gun at close range, Cortex would likley be beaten by either of your characters, surviving for a fair while solely because of his exceptional durability. Crash is a completely different story. He outclasses Jak in every area and can definitely incapacitate or disable him quickly. Masterchief would be more difficult, as there strength is comparable but due to his performance against the Gargantuan mutants I believe he edges him out here.

Mutant for Scale
Mutant for Scale

Again they have roughly the same combat speed, but Chief is greatly outclassed in terms of agility which will play a large part in this scenario. Technical skill could be an advantage to Chief, but only because "Crash-Fu" isn't an internationally recognized martial art and is more instinctive.

Strategy

This Battle can go a few ways depending on how my team chooses to play it.

1) Crash and Cortex split up. Cortex stays on the street and engages either Master Chief or Jak (Ideally both) at range, suppressing their movement and incinerating their cover. Crash skirts around the buildings and leaps directly next to your characters, depending on weather or not both are suppressed

A) Both are. Crash Leaps in, engaging them in H2H. From such close range your projectile based weaponry will be ineffective, which Crash could still tank between his Tiki Mask (3 Bursts), his barriers and his natural durability. As he quickly dispatches Jak and fights MC Cortex advances, and the Chief either succumbs to Crash's fists or Cortex s Ray gun.

B) Only one is. If its Jak he is immediately disabled, if its chief they fight for a little while whilst Cortex kills Jak.

2) They stay together. Crash and Cortex advance up the street together, your team is unable to damage either between the Masks and Crash's barriers. They either die from the sustained blasts or manage to retreat, only to be pursued and defeated in close combat.

Looking forward to your reply :)

Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_saiyan_devil: Okay so before I go a little further into my tactics I'd like to touch on some of what you've said

Rebuttal

perceives practically everything slower than an average person, and are perceived by average people as blurs in H2H.

Luckily neither of my Team are average

Can your team move that fast? Or see things as slowly?

Able to see in complete darkness

This is cool but the time of day makes it fairly irrelevant

Eh... Yeah. It is pretty irrelevant...

My team more than likely has superior long range weapons

Superior is debatable, Cotex's Gun is capable of reducing personnel to ash, blowing up large pieces of giant robots and (I'm not sure if its his gun or his own aim) targeting/hitting fast moving projectiles/beings.

Cool... That kinda sounds like some of mine...

a lot more of them

Got me there but Cortex only needs one in this scenario.

Maybe in other scenarios, but variety in weaponry is a really good advantage for me.

So this should be relatively easily for my team at a range

Disagree hard here. As per the photo for the Arena above, this battle takes place in Whiterun, which is multi-leveled and between houses and hills it provides extensive cover. Cortex doesn't need to close on your team to take them out and Crash is both fast and agile enough to do it, something he could likely replicate without cover.

How fast is he? I doubt he's fast enough to dodge fire from both Chief and Jak at once. And I don't think Cortex would be able to take my team at any range.

my characters should be able to edge yours out in hand to hand

Without his gun at close range, Cortex would likley be beaten by either of your characters, surviving for a fair while solely because of his exceptional durability. Crash is a completely different story. He outclasses Jak in every area and can definitely incapacitate or disable him quickly. Masterchief would be more difficult, as there strength is comparable but due to his performance against the Gargantuan mutants I believe he edges him out here.

Cortex may take awhile to beat with durability, but it's pretty obvious that up close, either of my team will beat him. I haven't seen enough from Crash to put him above Jak in any areas. Feel free to post more feats to support your claim, but the feats you have now don't really show it.

Again they have roughly the same combat speed, but Chief is greatly outclassed in terms of agility which will play a large part in this scenario. Technical skill could be an advantage to Chief, but only because "Crash-Fu" isn't an internationally recognized martial art and is more instinctive.

Again, I haven't seen enough feats of durability from Crash to admit that. I need more.

Strategy

This Battle can go a few ways depending on how my team chooses to play it.

Ditto.

1) Crash and Cortex split up. Cortex stays on the street and engages either Master Chief or Jak (Ideally both) at range, suppressing their movement and incinerating their cover. Crash skirts around the buildings and leaps directly next to your characters, depending on weather or not both are suppressed

I can't really see them being pinned down easily like that. Jak could easily fire any of his homing weapons that could quickly take out your only character that happens to have a long range weapon.

A) Both are. Crash Leaps in, engaging them in H2H. From such close range your projectile based weaponry will be ineffective, which Crash could still tank between his Tiki Mask (3 Bursts), his barriers and his natural durability. As he quickly dispatches Jak and fights MC Cortex advances, and the Chief either succumbs to Crash's fists or Cortex s Ray gun.

In close, Jak is actually very good at incorporating his guns with H2H attacks. A good spin kick, and the next thing you know, you've been shot 5 times in the face in about a half second.

B) Only one is. If its Jak he is immediately disabled, if its chief they fight for a little while whilst Cortex kills Jak.

I don't think Jak will be immediately disabled, and by now, Cortex should be Peacemaked.

2) They stay together. Crash and Cortex advance up the street together, your team is unable to damage either between the Masks and Crash's barriers. They either die from the sustained blasts or manage to retreat, only to be pursued and defeated in close combat.

So how exactly do these masks work? And his barriers? Can he defend Cortex with them? And can he attack while defending?

Looking forward to your reply :)

Now I'm looking forward to yours. It's kinda nice learning about characters I don't know very well. :)

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_saiyan_devil:

More Rebuttal

Can your team move that fast? Or see things as slowly?

Given his game series is primarily a platformer its difficult to find an exact number, but given he regularly punks mutants in H2H and consistently avoids projectiles such as missile's and laser's its fair to assume he is a fast little Bandicoot. As per the gif in my previous post Cortex is capable of shooting projectiles out of the air after they have been fired.

How fast is he? I doubt he's fast enough to dodge fire from both Chief and Jak at once. And I don't think Cortex would be able to take my team at any range.

I've given some of his more basic agility feats but you've yet to provide me with anything related to your teams gun-play and accuracy that makes me think otherwise.

Cortex may take awhile to beat with durability, but it's pretty obvious that up close, either of my team will beat him. I haven't seen enough from Crash to put him above Jak in any areas. Feel free to post more feats to support your claim, but the feats you have now don't really show it.

I've already agreed with the Cortex statement regarding H2H, but they aren't going to be able to close on him.

With regards to Crash being above Jak;

Agility for days
Agility for days
Dodge & Counter
Dodge & Counter
More countering and an example of his strength/Striking
More countering and an example of his strength/Striking

Again, I haven't seen enough feats of durability from Crash to admit that. I need more.

I'm not sure if you meant agility given the comment you were responding to (if so see the gifs in this post, or those in my opener). Durability wise with only pure physicals he is capable of no-selling hits from the same mutants I've been using in the gifs/images. His actual durability with masks/barriers will be addressed below.

I can't really see them being pinned down easily like that. Jak could easily fire any of his homing weapons that could quickly take out your only character that happens to have a long range weapon.

I've already demonstrated Cortex is capable of shooting projectiles out of the air, failing that he has his base durability and the temporary invulnerability the Tiki masks provide.

In close, Jak is actually very good at incorporating his guns with H2H attacks. A good spin kick, and the next thing you know, you've been shot 5 times in the face in about a half second.

Between Crash's advantages in speed/agility, durability and H2H combat this seems unlikely.

I don't think Jak will be immediately disabled, and by now, Cortex should be Peacemaked.

Addressed above.

So how exactly do these masks work? And his barriers? Can he defend Cortex with them? And can he attack while defending?

The masks work in the sense that they nullify damage from an attack. If Chief shoots Cortex in the chest with a shotgun, the mask will activate and the attack won't damage him. There are three levels to the Masks, so basically

• Chief shoots him in the chest (Mask triggers)
  • a short period of time passes (perhaps a reload)

This happens twice more before he can actually attempt to hurt the mad doctor. The short period of time works in the sense that if your team uses rapid fire weapons (say a mini-gun), the mask isn't going through all three levels within 3 bullets/1 second.

With regards to the Barriers, it protects him from the front (think a half a sphere force-field). Although they haven't done it in the past its reasonable to assume if Cortex stands behind him he should be fine. He cannot attack while doing this, its exclusively a defensive ability.

Strategy

You haven't really offered me yours yet or proven mine wouldn't work so I'll keep it as per my opener till new arguments emerge.

Looking forward to your reply!

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@super_saiyan_devil your turn.

also I forgot to add the posting order but here it is

4 posts each :one opener, two middle posts and one closing statement. Both participants may get a third middle if they wish.

Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos@buildhare: Guys I may just have to forfeit. My computer is being a useless POS, I'm out of options, and I'm not doing a tournament on mobile. I'm sorry.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@super_saiyan_devil: Thats unfortunate. I mean if you are able to get your computer fixed you can continue because all the other matches are far behind.

But for now @buildhare moves to the next round I guess