Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eatmore_payless

who will win against the hardness indestructibility test?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Vibranium.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By daak1212

Adamantium

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Saren

IIRC, Adamantium was created in a failed attempt at replicating the vibranium-proto adamantium compound in Cap's shield.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saren
@Enzeru said:
I would say ...

1. Adamantium (Wolverine's claws)
2. Vibranium (Captain America's shield)
3. Carbonadium (Omega Red's tentacles) - failed attempt to recreate Adamantium, if I'm not all too wrong   Cap's shield has been destroyed too many times, to take it more serious then Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton.
How many times has the shield been destroyed? IIRC, once in Secret Wars and once in Fear Itself. Both by beings above skyfather level.
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lokheit

I think that Adamantium is an alloy based on Vibranium and harder than it, but maybe I'm wrong.

During Assault on New Olympus, Herc told Wolverine that the chamber they were trying to open was made of Adamantine or somthing like that , "like his adamantium but in divine version". So I guess that's the real winner. 

About Cap Shield, I though it was made from something different than Vibranium, and that Adamantium was the result of science guys trying to replicate it without success or at least I remember reading something similar. In fact when Ironfist was brainwashed by Osborn Thunderbolts and had a nightmare, he took the shield and threw it to Wolverine's head and it opened the skull. 

And if Cap shield has bee destroyed, I can say at least one time Wolverine claws were broken easily: S'ym took one from Wolverine's skeleten on limbo without effort (cracking it, not separating from the articulation) and then threw it to Colossus.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

Cap's shield is a mix of both.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren

Adamantium is technically more durable but Vibranium  is a stronger metal. The difference is this. Adamantium is "unbreakable", even though it has been chipped and damaged before. Vibranium is a metal that nullifies all force thrown at the object, which is why its mostly in armor, such as Black Panther  and his troops. Because the metal nullifies the force, the metal itself wont feel the blunt force of the object hitting the metal. However, Adamantium will still be thrown around if hit. 

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By dernman

If it's physical slam go with Vibranium. 
If it's energy blast go with Adamantium.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eatmore_payless

Caps shield has no Adamntium on it, it's pure Vibranium mixed with a  steel Alloy by a unknown catalyst

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren
@eatmore_payless said:
Caps shield has no Adamntium on it, it's pure Vibranium mixed with a  steel Alloy by a unknown catalyst
No. It's vibranium and proto-adamantium.
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By eatmore_payless
@CitizenBane:  it was stated that Caps shield was Vibranium and it was made before the creation of Adamantium, Vibranium was created by Mr. Myron McClain ( if Im not mistaken )
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eatmore_payless said:
@CitizenBane:  it was stated that Caps shield was Vibranium and it was made before the creation of Adamantium, Vibranium was created by Mr. Myron McClain ( if Im not mistaken )
He didn't create it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adamantium didn't even exist when Cap's shield was created. 

Cap's Shield was basically a freak accident involving Wakandan Vibranium, a particular unidentified steel alloy, and a mysterious/accidental combination of chemicals that caused the two to bond together in a form vastly stronger than the sum of it's parts.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Enzeru said:
I would say ...

3. Carbonadium (Omega Red's tentacles) - failed attempt to recreate Adamantium, if I'm not all too wrong   Cap's shield has been destroyed too many times, to take it more serious then Wolverine's Adamantium skeleton.
This. 
the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By the darknessss

adamantium
ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThanoStomp
 AdamAntium
 AdamAntium
Thepowercosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Thepowercosmic
@OmegaDynasty said:
@Enzeru said:
I would say ...

This. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. (True) Adamantium
  2. Secondary Adamantium
  3. Carbonadium
  4. Osmium (Organic steel)
  5. Vibranium (Wakanda)
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By D3athstroke

Adamantine > Adamantium > Vibranium > Carbonadium > Uru

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tron_bonne

Duranium 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Static Shock

@Enzeru said:

I know that Captain America's shield is supposed to be indestructible, since it's a mixture between Vibranium and Adamantium if I remember correctly and noone was ever able to recreate it.

@CitizenBane said:

IIRC, Adamantium was created in a failed attempt at replicating the vibranium-proto adamantium compound in Cap's shield.

Thing is, Cap's shield is a mixture of vibranium and iron, plus an unknown catalyst. It's not all vibranium, and adamantium was never used to make the shield.

@CitizenBane said:

No. It's vibranium and proto-adamantium.

Actually, 'proto-adamantium' is what the mixture of vibranium and iron were called (the shield as a whole). There's actually no adamantium in the shield, and adamantium itself was a failed attempt to recreate the shield and it's properties.

@eatmore_payless said:

Vibranium was created by Mr. Myron McClain ( if Im not mistaken )

No, it wasn't. Vibranium is an extraterrestrial metallic ore than landed in Wakanda as a meteor.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

Also, Vibranium, although it is quite durable, isn't indestructible. Despite its energy-absorption properties, it can be destroyed if overloaded. It's just that the limit is unknown.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AtPhantom

Vibranium's value was never in its durability, but in it's exotic effects. In pure durability adamantium should beat it hands down.

eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By eatmore_payless
@Static Shock:  No, it wasn't. Vibranium is an extraterrestrial metallic ore than landed in Wakanda as a meteor. 

yes what I meant to say that he was the creator of caps shield
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Video_Martian

Adamantium is both stronger & tougher than Vibranium.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BarelyAverage
@mr.obvious said:

Adamantium is both stronger & tougher than Vibranium.

Probably but could vibranium, with enough force, cut through adamantium?
phliuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By phliuy

isn't vibranium the "anti-metal" metal or something like that? 
marvel wiki to the rescue! 
http://marvel.wikia.com/Vibranium  

apparently, wakandan vibranium will absorb all vibrations imparted onto it by storing the vibrational energy between the bonds of the vibranium atoms. However, there is an upper limit of energy which these bonds can absorb, as seen when vibranium failed to absorb the full blast of a bomb. The first adamantium was created when some lab guy fell asleep and vibranium combined with steel and some other stuff, making a material called proto-adamantium that's stronger than any adamantium ever made.  

So to whoever said that cap's shield doesn't have any adamantium in it, you're kind of right...and wrong. His shield is entirely adamantium, and the strongest form of it ever created.

Antarctic vibranium on the other hand will liquefy any metals nearby through vibrations that come from its own atoms.  [This next part is purely my own conjecture, and is not to be taken as complete authority] 
antarctic vibranium most likely does this by vibrating at a frequency that causes the bonds in the nearby metals to lose hold of eachother. The vibrations from the antarctic vibranium nullify in part the weak nuclear forces of nearby metal atoms, causing them to liquefy at much lower temperatures than their melting point due to their weak attractions to other atoms. however, the weak nuclear force is not completely nullified, as the metal is transformed into a liquid state, and not a gas or plasma state. This is similar to emitting a sound wave at the resonant frequency of an object and causing it to vibrate. 
[end conjecture] 

also, the marvel wiki says that true adamantium is almost as strong as cap's original shield, so take that as you will. http://marvel.wikia.com/Adamantium 
It also says that a weaker form of adamantium (secondary adamantium) was only very slightly dented by thor hitting it with mjolnir. Since thor can hit much harder than a bomb, it can be shown that even a weaker adamantium is much stronger than wakandan vibranium.

so there you have it. adamantium in all forms is much stronger than vibranium, but an alternate form of vibranium (which should technically have a different name due to its completely different properties) would liquefy the hell out of even the strongest adamantium. 

Problem solved.

phliuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By phliuy
@Static Shock: Suppose I should have looked on the second page of comments before posting, as you've already said most of what I have. But take a look, I think I did a decently thorough post.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock

@phliuy: Your post is spot on.

@BarelyAverage said:

Probably but could vibranium, with enough force, cut through adamantium?

Only anti-metal (Antarctic) Vibranium can cut through adamantium. No significant amount of force is required.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Saren

I think Dernman said it best: For a physical attack, go with vibranium, for an energy attack go with adamantium.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ssejllenrad

I'd go with Adamantium. I'd rather have an indestructible metal than one with multiple characteristics but can still be destroyed.

But since I'm in a trolling mood.... Valorium and Nth Metal trumps both! :D Nyehehehehe!

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Erkan12

Vibranium.

Redmonkeyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Vibranium used to make modifications to Ultron's adamantium armor?

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibranium is better

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Though Vibranium is clearly the superior of the two metals, adamantium is harder, at least true adamantium.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vibranium

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Adamantium.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adamantium is harder

Vibranium is more practical

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gracetrack

So...confused...by some of these comments... lol.

So how does "true adamantium" differ from regular adamantium? What is proto-adamantium and how does it compare to the other two adamantiums? To vibranium? Is it vibranium or adamantium in Cap's shield, or both, or neither? lol...

There were many conflicting comments made in this thread. Which ones are correct?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how does "true adamantium" differ from regular adamantium? What is proto-adamantium and how does it compare to vibranium? Is it vibranium or adamantium in Cap's shield, or both, or neither? lol...

There were many conflicting comments made in this thread. Which ones are correct?

Thee are 2 types of adamantium, primary and secondary. Primary adamantium is stronger than secondary. Caps shield has vibranium, it had adamantium in it originally but marvel retconned it to a vibranium/steel/unknown alloy. As for how adamantium compares to vibranium it depends on the circumstances and the type of vibranium and adamantium.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how does "true adamantium" differ from regular adamantium? What is proto-adamantium and how does it compare to vibranium? Is it vibranium or adamantium in Cap's shield, or both, or neither? lol...

There were many conflicting comments made here. Which ones are correct?

There are different grades of adamantium. Proto adamantium was the first creation of adamantium ever and was originally what was in Cap's shield. It can't be recreated. True adamantium is completely made of adamantium as well but can be replicated, even though the costs are massive. True adamantium is what is present on Wolverine's skeletal system. As for Cap's shield, it was established as being an unknown metal alloy mixed with vibranium that created it:

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gracetrack

@jashro44 said:

@omnicrono said:

Thee are 2 types of adamantium, primary and secondary. Primary adamantium is stronger than secondary. Caps shield has vibranium, it had adamantium in it originally but marvel retconned it to a vibranium/steel/unknown alloy. As for how adamantium compares to vibranium it depends on the circumstances and the type of vibranium and adamantium.

So what is all this proto adamantium and true adamantium business? And which type of adamantium covers Wolverine's bones? I thought I knew, but I'm not so sure anymore, lol. Always thought it was just regular old "adamantium" laced skeleton.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@omnicrono said:

So what is all this proto adamantium and true adamantium business? And which type of adamantium covers Wolverine's bones? I thought I knew, but I'm not so sure anymore, lol. Always thought it was just regular old "adamantium."

Wolverine's skeleton is laced with primary adamantium.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Gracetrack

@wolverine08 said:

@omnicrono said:

@jashro44 said:

So what is all this proto adamantium and true adamantium business? And which type of adamantium covers Wolverine's bones? I thought I knew, but I'm not so sure anymore, lol. Always thought it was just regular old "adamantium."

Wolverine's skeleton is laced with primary adamantium.

Copy that. Thanks.

So then, "proto" and "true" adamantium are...?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw your other post. Heh.