Static has his disk

Vibe has only his powers

Both have 1 day prep

#3 Edited by ComicStooge (12044 posts) - - Show Bio

What can Vibe do, exactly?

#4 Edited by KangTheUltimateConqueror (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Shock waves, mainly. Seemed like a good match for Static at the time xD

#5 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't Vibe have like minimum experience? I haven't read his mini, but in JLA he hasn't really shown much. His vibration attacks apparently work well against machines, but he nearly got taken down by a flying piece of tree because he wasn't paying attention, and his aiming skills were bad enough, he hit his own teammates.

Static on the other hand, has shown much more impressive combat skills. He was quick enough to deflect incoming arrows with a bo staff (he wasn't using his powers), and his electromagnetism is a lot more versatile - allowing him to shoot bolts and create 'constructs'. His disc also grants him a flight advantage, and New 52 Static is apparently pretty smart - he's shown a good understanding of his own powers, utilizing them in inventive ways to defeat enemies. He juiced the molecular bonds of a villain's electrons - turning off the villain's ability to phase. He could come up with a E.M. field to 'ionize gases in the air' and create a 'plasma cable' to trap a villain. His electromagnetism is also strong enough to support the weight of a helicopter. Even prep would favor Static, since he's - in his words - 'wicked smart'.

#6 Posted by KangTheUltimateConqueror (10 posts) - - Show Bio

He was able to stop kid flash with his shock waves, so they must be pretty damn powerful.

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

He was able to stop kid flash with his shock waves, so they must be pretty damn powerful.

I can't comment on that unless I can read the panel in context, but it don't see how that means his shock waves are powerful. If he stopped Superman with his shock waves - that would be impressive. But Kid Flash?

#8 Posted by BlackWind (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe is nowhere near experienced enough to defeat Static who is far more knowledgable of his own powers. Vibe gets clung to a wall and electrocuted until he passes out.

#9 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, he's more versatile, especially in a city surrounded by a lot of metal. And he has the tactical advantage of range and positioning. He can stay at a distance and shock him or magnetize the metal to attack or constrain vibe. No to mention Static has more experience.

Vibe has little to no chance of winning this fight under these conditions.

#10 Posted by XiiX (7468 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock(for reasons already stated).

#11 Edited by KangTheUltimateConqueror (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, in order for this to really have been anywhere's near fair, now that i think of it, i probably shoulda gone cartoon Static instead of New 52.

#12 Edited by New_World_Order (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock.

#13 Posted by Dextersinister (5795 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock wins this easily, he is a more established character and Vibes powers are only very effective against people from other dimensions or in Kid Flashs case it cut him off from the extra-dimensional speed force for a fraction of a second.

#14 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

Ma boi Virgil Hawkins FTW

#15 Posted by BlackWind (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

If Vibe only has blasting shockwaves at Static, he is totally outclasses be ause Static can do the ssme in the form of electric force bolts. Not to mention he has absorbed the power of an entire power plant once.

#16 Edited by dondave (34595 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock

#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

If Vibe only has blasting shockwaves at Static, he is totally outclasses be ause Static can do the ssme in the form of electric force bolts. Not to mention he has absorbed the power of an entire power plant once.

#18 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe wins via dimensional bfrr,he is able to open rifts in fabric of reality.

#19 Posted by BlackWind (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

Not before Static clings him to a wall and immobalizes him. How often does Vibe even try to BFR people? Because if he doesn't do it immediately, and if that attack is avoidable, then he is no better off than before.

#20 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind: Pleasebase on feats,not in powerset...shown me scans of New 52 Static.

Can Static survive from aomni blast ? Vibe already shattered A.R.G.U.S. cages (also parademons and Ivo's robots)

#21 Edited by BlackWind (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I can't post.images anymore. You'll have to check the Static respect thread. I still maintain Vibe is not experienced enough to defeat Static.

#22 Posted by patrat18 (8921 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by RetconCrisis (3378 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe isn't nearly as experienced as Static. He's got impressive feats with his sound waves, but he usually messes up.

#24 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Static would win for the reasons mentioned above.

It would be cool to see a "Static and Vibe" book like "Power Man and Iron Fist" or "Rizzoli and Isles" :D

#25 Posted by patrat18 (8921 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

Static Shock(for reasons already stated).

#26 Posted by Black_Claw (2914 posts) - - Show Bio

Static, simply for the fact that he's more experienced at being a hero, despite being much younger than Vibe.