Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

Kakashi: Throwing Stars, Kunai Knives, Smoke Pellets, Paper Bombs

Kiba: Throwing Stars, Kunai Knives, Paper Bombs, Smoke Pellets, Special Pills, Akamaru

Night Cralwer: 2 Sabers

Katana: Soultaker, Short Sword, Shuriken, Bow and Arrows

Battlefield

Scenario

Ninjas are AWESOME We as American types love Japanese Ninjas as much we love our Cowboys. I mean who wouldn't? They are Masters of the Shadows. They are the slickest Hand to Hand Fighters. Hell they come chalk full of the coolest special moves! So you have to wonder.... what happens when you pit fictions coolest Ninjas against each other?

Both Start a Mile away in this forest.

They will be hunting each other.

In Character

KO or Death.

Perks

Even the Freaking Trees walked in that movie!: You meet Treebeard the Ent and he has joined your team.

Tree Whisperer: You can talk to wood... sounds stupid but useful to know where your enemy is at all times.

Canadian Loggers: You find 10 Canadian Loggers and make them Pancakes. with their trusted Axes and Chainsaws they will follow you to death... or whatever sneaky use you may have for them.

Anybody who needs votes please ask at the end of your debates. Give shout outs for votes.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Strafe Prower

You can go first if you like. :)

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

*WARNING: Be prepared for a wall of text. My Iphone doesn't allow for making paragraphs for some reason.* First off, I'll take the tree-talking perk. There's really no place to hide in a forest when you can talk to trees, is there? That'll be my first main advantage. The forest itself is also an advantage. Kakashi and Kiba are both at home in the forest, and have been shown multiple times to navigate swiftly, effortlessly, and silently through trees. Kakashi's tactical mind, Kiba's superior sense of smell, and the ability to talk to trees should allow the team to seek out Strafe's. However, it's the actual fight that is tricky. I don't know much about Katana, but Nightcrawler would be an issue. Kakashi should be able to pick up on any teleportation patterns Nightcrawler has and effectively counter them. Kiba and Akamaru can beat Katana with smoke pellets.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

*WARNING: Be prepared for a wall of text. My Iphone doesn't allow for making paragraphs for some reason.* First off, I'll take the tree-talking perk. There's really no place to hide in a forest when you can talk to trees, is there? That'll be my first main advantage. The forest itself is also an advantage. Kakashi and Kiba are both at home in the forest, and have been shown multiple times to navigate swiftly, effortlessly, and silently through trees. Kakashi's tactical mind, Kiba's superior sense of smell, and the ability to talk to trees should allow the team to seek out Strafe's. However, it's the actual fight that is tricky. I don't know much about Katana, but Nightcrawler would be an issue. Kakashi should be able to pick up on any teleportation patterns Nightcrawler has and effectively counter them. Kiba and Akamaru can beat Katana with smoke pellets.

I am also taking the Tree Talking perk.

While the forest is Kiba and Kakashi's home, It certainly doesn't hurt Nightcrawler or Katana. Both have fough in forests and proven it's not going to hinder them. I don't see it being much of an advantage with two stealth masters.

As for the fights, Nightcrawler is going to beat either of them. He is too fast with his teleporting for either of them to beat him IMO.

As for Katana, I see her defeating Kiba and possibly Kakashi. Kiba doesn't have the speed to keep up with her and will have to go all out to even tag her. Katana on the other hand is more skilled and is faster. Kakashi would be a different fight. It would be close, but I don't see him being as efficient in battle as Katana is. She will kill without remorse and is his equal on every level at least.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

I don't think two people can take the same perk, but I could be wrong. Nightcrawler and Katana may not be hindered by the forest, but they're not exactly at home there. These two Leaf Village ninjas were born and raised training in forests. I can't post scans, but from the looks of your avatar you appear to watch Naruto, so you know the multitude of scenes where characters effortlessly navigate through entire forests and dodging branches. It's second nature to them, to the point they hold conversations while doing it, sometimes not even watching where they are going. Kakashi's sharigan is really the key to taking out Nightcrawler here. With it, he could anticipate where Nightcrawler is going next and set a trap with a paper bomb. I'm not aware of Katana's feats, but if Kiba gets a smoke pellet on her, he can seek her out in the smoke with his nose and take her out while she's blinded. If all else fails, Kakashi can pull a Earth Style: Headhunter Jutsu on Katana.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strafe Prower

@CadenceV2: Are two people allowed the same perk?

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Nightcrawler and Katana may not be hindered by the forest, but they're not exactly at home there. These two Leaf Village ninjas were born and raised training in forests. I can't post scans, but from the looks of your avatar you appear to watch Naruto, so you know the multitude of scenes where characters effortlessly navigate through entire forests and dodging branches. It's second nature to them, to the point they hold conversations while doing it, sometimes not even watching where they are going.

Believe me, I know. I've read and seen all of Naruto pre-time skip and I stand by what I said. I don't see it being that much of an advantage, to be honest. Katana and Nightcrawler both are stealth masters with incredible speed feats.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Kakashi's sharigan is really the key to taking out Nightcrawler here. With it, he could anticipate where Nightcrawler is going next and set a trap with a paper bomb.

I honestly think Nightcrawler could do severe damage before Kakashi even got a good grasp on the patterns. His teleportation speed is incredible, as shown below, and his physical strength is incredible.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

I'm not aware of Katana's feats, but if Kiba gets a smoke pellet on her, he can seek her out in the smoke with his nose and take her out while she's blinded. If all else fails, Kakashi can pull a Earth Style: Headhunter Jutsu on Katana.

She has proved in teh past that her senses are past just being able to see. Add that to her ability to use nerve strikes, having two swords for reach, and incredible speed and I see her handling the Genin quite well. I can post some of her feats if you like.

As for Kakashi, I doubt he would immediately go for that jutsu. He never showed using it in intense battle against a worthy opponent. He only used it when toying with Sasuke.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@Strafe It's honestly relieving to know there are other people on this site that know Naruto, lol. Anyways, I was leery about pulling out some bigger jutsus, but if Nightcrawler and his teleporting is allowed I think it shouldn't be too unfair. Kakashi's sharingan was on the same level of Sasuke's at the end of pre-time skip (Three wheel, if I'm not mistaken). The manga shows Sasuke literally being able to see what Naruto's next move will be before he makes it, I don't see why Kakashi's sharingan won't be able to do the same with his sharigan against Nightcrawler. I don't expect him to tag Nightcrawler with a lightning blade on his own, but if he makes shadow clones to distract him he would be able to tag Nightcrawler. What's stopping Kiba from doing this to Katana?--------- 19:40, 20:00 ------------

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist

@ImTheDamnBatman: @ImTheDamnBatman: 2 People can take the same perk.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Well in that case I'll change mine to the Ent... Seems kind of counter productive taking the same perk.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pokergeist

@ImTheDamnBatman: Or it can level the Playing field. Thus you now can rely on your team skill instead of a wild card factor. Your choice.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Couldn't my Ent speak with the trees anyways? :D

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

@CadenceV2: Thanks!

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@Strafe It's honestly relieving to know there are other people on this site that know Naruto, lol.

Anytime you want to discuss it, feel free to ask. It was my first big introduction to manga and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Kakashi's sharingan was on the same level of Sasuke's at the end of pre-time skip (Three wheel, if I'm not mistaken). The manga shows Sasuke literally being able to see what Naruto's next move will be before he makes it, I don't see why Kakashi's sharingan won't be able to do the same with his sharigan against Nightcrawler. I don't expect him to tag Nightcrawler with a lightning blade on his own, but if he makes shadow clones to distract him he would be able to tag Nightcrawler.

While the Sharingan is impressive against a melee opponent, having someone disappear in front of your eyes and re-appear is something completely different in terms of tactics. We aren't even sure how it would react to such a power. I could see it keeping Kakashi in the fight, but nothing more. I'm confident in Nightcrawler's speed, use of his weapons, and effectiveness. That's not even touching on his superior strength, which is impressive in it's own right. I just don't see Kakashi winning a up close battle here, save for some of his post-time skip jutsu lol.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

What's stopping Kiba from doing this to Katana?--------- 19:40, 20:00 ------------

Um....is there supposed to be a video? lol. The only feats Kiba has are against Naruto (Which he lost) and against the Sound four. I don't see him being able to get the set-up or opportunity to use the higher level jutsu, to be honest. Katana is fast, deadly, and merciless against any opponent. If Akamaru doesn't watch it, it will die in one stroke.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@Strafe Sh*t! Forgot my video. ----http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nDtH901NuD0---- He might have lost that fight, but that was PIS. Naruto got like 3 "redeeming himself by getting up after a bone shattering hit" moments. Kiba's speed alone can barely be matched by any Naruto character pre-time skip, and i'm sure it's higher than Katana's unless she is super human. Kakashi's dealt with teleporters (True, it's post-time skip, but unless Kakashi went under any "fighting teleporting opponents" classes in those 3 years, he should have the same tactics here, minus Kamui). I would go as far as to say he is the most superior mind here, and coming up with a tactic to beat Nightcrawler will be a challenge he can accomplish. They do start a mile apart, so this will also come down to tracking, something Kakashi excels at. He simply summons Tracking Fang Technique, and all his puppies seek out Nightcrawler and Katana. They can even gather information on them, report back to Kakashi, and he can form a strategy around that. We've seen how well Naruto characters set traps and plan ahead, Kakashi might go as far as to lure them into a trap with my Ent. There are just too many distractions to keep up with on my team. Akamaru and Kiba, especially with pills, will outspeed and knock out Katana, since I'm sure she has no durability compared to Naruto. Nightcrawler will be a huge issue, but he's nothing a little planning, scouting, trapping, and jutsuing can't stop.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strafe Prower

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@Strafe Sh*t! Forgot my video. ----http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nDtH901NuD0---- He might have lost that fight, but that was PIS. Naruto got like 3 "redeeming himself by getting up after a bone shattering hit" moments. Kiba's speed alone can barely be matched by any Naruto character pre-time skip, and i'm sure it's higher than Katana's unless she is super human.

I would have to disagree strongly with the latter half of this. Kiba really wasn't impressive in any area in comparison to some of the other genin like Gaara, Neji, Sasuke, Rock Lee, etc. There were also many characters who surpass him in speed. Rock Lee, Neji, Sasuke, Kakashi, Gai, and many others were above him in combat speed IMO. As for Katana's speed, here are some speed feats for her.

As you can see here, she has cut arrows out of the air, blocked automatic machine gun fire, and deflected beams of light. I doubt Kiba is faster than her in any way.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Kakashi's dealt with teleporters (True, it's post-time skip, but unless Kakashi went under any "fighting teleporting opponents" classes in those 3 years, he should have the same tactics here, minus Kamui). I would go as far as to say he is the most superior mind here, and coming up with a tactic to beat Nightcrawler will be a challenge he can accomplish. They do start a mile apart, so this will also come down to tracking, something Kakashi excels at. He simply summons Tracking Fang Technique, and all his puppies seek out Nightcrawler and Katana. They can even gather information on them, report back to Kakashi, and he can form a strategy around that. We've seen how well Naruto characters set traps and plan ahead, Kakashi might go as far as to lure them into a trap with my Ent.

I could see Kakashi being more tactically sound than Nightcrawler, but not Katana. She has lead a team of outsiders and constantly defeats superhumans because of her tactical mind. I see them as equals in that area.

When it comes to the Tracking Fang Technique, My character can talk to trees. Katana will be just a prepared as Kakashi is. They have no previous knowledge of each other and Katana isn't going to go blindly running through the woods to attack. She can keep a constant monitor on her opponents and use it to her advantage just like he can.

As for the Ent, Katana's sword is indestructible and has cut through metal before. An Ent wouldn't last long.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

There are just too many distractions to keep up with on my team. Akamaru and Kiba, especially with pills, will outspeed and knock out Katana, since I'm sure she has no durability compared to Naruto. Nightcrawler will be a huge issue, but he's nothing a little planning, scouting, trapping, and jutsuing can't stop.

I will disagree. My team isn't a team of morons. They have both been trained in combat and have many years of experience in doing so. Much more than Kiba has, and will be able to use thier advantages to the fullest.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Strafe Prower

I was told the voting starts today and my opponent hasn't posted in a week :/

Please vote :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Strafe like a bawse.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Killemall

Strafe by a good margin.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jashro44

Strafe.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Floopay

@Killemall said:

Strafe by a good margin.

I have to agree.

I think the lack of inability to properly format the arguments made against Strafe, as well as the lack of videos and feats that could actually be provided really hurt. I know it's an iPhone and it can't be helped, but it still really hurts any points made against an opponent he can provide feats and support for their argument.

I also agree with a lot of Strafe's points.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Floopay said:

@Killemall said:

Strafe by a good margin.

I have to agree.

I think the lack of inability to properly format the arguments made against Strafe, as well as the lack of videos and feats that could actually be provided really hurt. I know it's an iPhone and it can't be helped, but it still really hurts any points made against an opponent he can provide feats and support for their argument.

I also agree with a lot of Strafe's points.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strafe Prower

@god_spawn: @Killemall: @jashro44: @Floopay: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thank you for the votes!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strafe Prower:Thats 5 for 5. Strafe wins

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers