veteran predator vs. 20 alien drones (xenomorphs)

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By m0ntyb0y

veteran predators are highly skilled and respected, but do not have the centuries upon centuries of experience that elders have

RULES: 
- the predator is armed with dual shoulder cannons, dual wrist blades, a naginata (bladed staff), a predator whip (as seen in AvP Requiem), and a smart disc (as seen in Predator 2)  
- the alien drones attack as a pack (the drones' intelligence level is around that of Jurassic Park raptors) 

a veteran predator can destroy half a dozen drones with ease, but can he defeat 20 of the xenos all at once?  
the battle occurs in the ruins of an ancient devastated city built by the Space Jockeys 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i say yes, but he'd need to get some distance between him and the xenomorphs, then he can pick most of them off with his shoulder canons, once most are gone, he can defeat the rest with h2h

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@The Stegman:  I think the smart disc would be pretty useful
the disc might even be capable of tracking multiple aliens on its own

the whip would probably also be good against multiple opponents
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@m0ntyb0y: true, i forgot about the smart disc, that only makes the predator's chances better! however the whip might not last that long, once it cuts through one alien, their acid blood will probably melt it
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@m0ntyb0y: What comic are those scans from? They look like scenes from a book I read YEEEEEARS ago
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

You know in the novel Prey, The Predators were able to dispatch lots of Aliens easily, the movies had a different idea

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@The Stegman: "however the whip might not last that long, once it cuts through one alien, their acid blood will probably melt it"

why would you say that? In AvP Requiem, the whip never takes acid damage when the predator kills aliens with it...  

the only source that shows alien acid causing damage to predator gear is the first AvP movie, and even in that movie, the dagger, shuriken, and spear are immune to acid though the wrist blades are not (weird, I know)

@cattlebattle: 
yeah I know, the second AvP movie has one predator ("Wolf") slaughtering a large number of aliens by himself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cNQ1Aizfy8

the 3 predators in the first movie are young novices going through a rite of passage  

@texasdeathmatch: 
the original Aliens vs. Predator comic series by Dark Horse 
DH also did a bunch of others 

Predator Concrete Jungle cover

No Caption Provided
AvP Duel
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#8  Edited By AssertingValor

yes, but this will be based on if his surroundings can help him in this battle...........

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

@m0ntyb0y: I love Broken Tusk and Switfy from AvP books but I think even they will go down with under a swarm of twenty aliens charging at them.

If they were going at him 4 or 5 at a time. Then yeah a predator would take THEM ON but if all 20 aliens are charging at the same time. No way a veteran can handle handle that no matter what firepower he has. It only takes one tail swipe from one Alien to knock any size Predator on his ass.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@FortressoftheMoon: which one is Swifty? I know there's one nick-named Smiley who kills an alien queen and takes her tail as a trophy

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
he's pretty bad ass

No Caption Provided

@ebuchanan
: the battle occurs in ancient ruins, so the predator might be able to split the aliens up...maybe
the predator could try to alter the terrain with his shoulder cannons, maybe cause walls to collapse or something like that, not sure if it would be that helpful though
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y: You know that is my fault. Wrong Predator sorry about that. I meant switft-step. The one with the one arm. I can't remember if its light-step or swift-step. I believe he is the same predator who fought Batman in Batman vs Predator III. I think.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@FortressoftheMoon: hey I didn't know that, let me check Batman vs. Predator III...that's really interesting

I know which one you're talking about, he lost his arm in killing an alien
later on he shows up in AvP Duel
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By nefarious

I can never find Predator comics.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Nefarious: what?
here you go friend-o
http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/predator+omnibus/PpwNwkt8

I got the AvP Omnibus Vol. 1 at Barnes Noble for $20
wow, it's only $15 if you click on the link on the Dark Horse page
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nefarious
@m0ntyb0y: Thanks, man. Yours is in a mall?
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Nefarious: no prob
mine was not in a mall
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nefarious
@m0ntyb0y: Ohhh, because mine is and I see many of them in malls.
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y: Yup actually he was actually screwed in that fight. He was also the same predator in AvP: War The one with the marine flag wrapped around his stumped and who was getting special treatment from Top knot.   I know he's in AvP Hunter's planet also but can't remember what was exactly his role was.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Nefarious: not sure what you mean, u see a lot of Barnes Nobles in malls?
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nefarious
@m0ntyb0y: Yeah.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@FortressoftheMoon: cool

yeah you're right, because after Duel, he shows up again in War with the marine's headband...I was never sure whether he killed the marine or just took the headband as a gift (maybe they exchanged items), it would be pretty dishonourable if he killed him though
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y: Dude, u are correct about the trade. There is a short story in the colonial marines series where the marine was reminiscing onbase about the battle and about his alliance with light stepper but wondered how far that alliance will last. He gave the predator his bandana since that was all he had to trade and he got the predator's gun and combi-stick.  

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@FortressoftheMoon: lol, I had no idea, I just guessed

which series is that? damn, that is a nice trade...a piece of cloth for a gun and combi stick XD
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m0ntyb0y: It's called colonial marines. it was in TPD. When I bought the Colonial Marines Technical Manual and replica of Hudson's helmet and armor set off ebay the seller threw it as a gift. I have no idea what omnibus it would be in.  

Well think about the trade. To predators humans are the most dangerous prey. Even though Aliens technically surpass humans as hunters. Its that fact that humans can pick up a weapon and fire back and use tactics that gives a predator a hard on when hunting. It is why unblooded is not allowing to hunt humans...period. Even blooded predators has to get go thru a ritual that gives them the status and get special permission from the elder and clan leader to be allow to go hunting humans.  

The marine killed alien, predator and helped with predalien according to predators he did it will honor. It was a way of saying that he is a badass hunter and any predator tries to mess with him. they have to answer to the clan leader. Also that was Light steps first human hunt. Any human hunt you walk away from with honor is considered a big deal. So light step giving away a gun and combi-stick for a bandana is nothing. he will get awarded better weapons anyways and what an extra 8 females predators to get in the sack. Light step got the better trade.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@FortressoftheMoon: lol yeah 
another reason "noob" predators aren't allowed to hunt humans might be because if a predator dies while hunting humans, the humans might acquire predator technology  
an inexperienced predator might even be captured (actually there's a comic called Predator Captive)

the colonial marines comic, is it this one? 

http://www.comicvine.com/aliens-colonial-marines/49-21236/
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Predator. It's significantly stronger, and more durable. The laser canon can depend here, but if it's a Veteran Predator, I presume it's a fast-red laser canon that was shown in AvP2, and not those slow-blue ones that the rookies had in AvP1. The laser canon can keep the Aliens off at long range whilst the shoulder blades can win at close range.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By m0ntyb0y

@comicdude23: I think double shoulder cannons would be enough to hold off the aliens, and if any manage to close in, the predator wins in melee   

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided