Venom(Thompson) vs Wolverine

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

fight is in Hell's Kitchen. Flash has his gun. start from 20 feet away. morals on

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nefarious

Venom defeats Wolverine.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I suggest patience until Flash's mettle is truly tested.
Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Yeah, Venom. The way he uses his tendrils it's be hard for Logan to ever get in close enough to do any damage. Thompson really doesn't need the gun, it'd be a more fair fight if Logan had it, honestly.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By SpidermanWins

Well this Venom has plenty of fighting experience since he is in the military but hasn't fought any real superhumans per say. I still say he blitzes Wolverine though as he is faster than the past hosts and has better fighting experience already due to his military skills and is able to use guns. He could evade long enough to KO Logan.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Not sure.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ramtha07

How does he KO Logan...?

He gets close... that's how. He trades blows with Logan. That's how. And he eats three twelve inch adamantium claws straight through his noggin for his troubles. Might not kill Venom, but it sure as hell gives him pause enough for Logan to have him eat more... heck, Logan is far from slow and is so far above any incarnation of Venom's league in hand to hand I wouldn't be surprised if he decapitated him with one swipe. I see Logan more than holding his own here.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Ramtha07 said:
"

How does he KO Logan...?

He gets close... that's how. He trades blows with Logan. That's how. And he eats three twelve inch adamantium claws straight through his noggin for his troubles. Might not kill Venom, but it sure as hell gives him pause enough for Logan to have him eat more... heck, Logan is far from slow and is so far above any incarnation of Venom's league in hand to hand I wouldn't be surprised if he decapitated him with one swipe. I see Logan more than holding his own here.

"
He tendril rapes him. That's how. He ties his hands together and up to his neck. That's how. Trust me Wolverine could get him but he can't touch him. This Venom has a different build then the other Venoms and has more of Peter's style of fighting but with more tendril action and military fighting skills. Even if he had to trade blows with him he is agile enough to evade his attacks and land his own which will probably be tendril related. Also way less fighting skilled, slower Venoms with less weapons have beaten Wolverine.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#9  Edited By Deadcool

Wolverine once fought against Eddie as Venom, and it was a nice battle, but currently this Venom is far stronger than Eddie used to be, and also he has better skills, but I am not sure about the control of Flash over the symbiote, so this fight seems very even.

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ramtha07

@SpidermanWins:
When and where did Venom beat Wolverine? Not saying it hasn't happened, just haven't seen said stomp.  I have, however, seen Logan handle Venom;

Marvel Comics Presents had Brock and Logan go at it in the astral planes (dumb story) with Logan more than holding his own... his HF was much weaker back then as well (1993).

Bone Wolverine handled Venom in their (equally dumb) teamup. Bone Wolverine here mind you... and Venom didn't do so well.

Tendril rape is thrown around on the Vine as though this dumb adolescent term is suppose to sum up why Venom wins. I would call it 'tendril slash' as logan blocks powerful energy attacks with his claws, dodges bullets, etc. etc. 

Fact is, he's a top tier fighter with many feats showing this fight to be far from as conclusive as someone with "Spidermanwins" as his MO might be fair minded enough to admit.

Afterall, he is a Spiderman villain... but seriously, one swipe ... ONE could win this for Logan. Heads be a rollin...

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By goldenshot80
@Morpheus_ said:
" I suggest patience until Flash's mettle is truly tested. "
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ramtha07

@SpidermanWins: 

Trust me Wolverine could get him but he can't touch him

Also, I must say, I didn't quite get this part...  what are you trying to say exactly? And no, I won't trust you.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Ramtha07 said:
"

@SpidermanWins:
When and where did Venom beat Wolverine? Not saying it hasn't happened, just haven't seen said stomp.  I have, however, seen Logan handle Venom;

Marvel Comics Presents had Brock and Logan go at it in the astral planes (dumb story) with Logan more than holding his own... his HF was much weaker back then as well (1993).

Bone Wolverine handled Venom in their (equally dumb) teamup. Bone Wolverine here mind you... and Venom didn't do so well.

Tendril rape is thrown around on the Vine as though this dumb adolescent term is suppose to sum up why Venom wins. I would call it 'tendril slash' as logan blocks powerful energy attacks with his claws, dodges bullets, etc. etc. 

Fact is, he's a top tier fighter with many feats showing this fight to be far from as conclusive as someone with "Spidermanwins" as his MO might be fair minded enough to admit.

Afterall, he is a Spiderman villain... but seriously, one swipe ... ONE could win this for Logan. Heads be a rollin...

"
1. It was no stomp. It was actually a very good fight that Venom just happened to win. This was the Brock Venom in the Tooth and Claw special. There was another fight however with metal claws.

2. I kid about tendril rape and I agree with your statement. I simply use it to better describe in less words the use of such weaponry. In longer terms there are many ways that he can use them such as pulling people into hits, strangling them, tying limbs together, numerous forms of gruesome torture, slamming objects into people or otherwise applying the environment, flinging the opponent around like a rag doll, and so on without going within range of attacks as powerful a wolvie's.

3. Really? I agree he is a top tier fighter but really? I am disappointed as at first I found you to have mature, logical, and non-judgemental decisions. You really think I am saying Spider-Man will always win and that I am a fanboyish troll who is simply saying this because Venom is a Spider-Man villain that he wins? Personally I simply go with Venom here because I see many ways for him to win without getting hit. I made my CV Profile name "SpidermanWins" FOR THE LOLZ and nothing else. I am sick of people making that kind of  immature call on me. You disappoint me.
Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ramtha07

@SpidermanWins:
I meant nothing personal in the comment. Really. I am a Wolverine fanboy and I am unabashed in my fanboyism. And if you are a fan of Spiderman, you should be, he is a fun and awesome character ... it was a jibe not meant to insult. A poke at your fanboy name (to which I say more power to you) but not meant to be mean or insulting.

My fanboyness simply prompts me to favor Logan and argue in his defense in fights where he, perhaps, should not win a majority. Won't stop me from pointing out how he could win. Fact is, the only way for him to win means the death of Venom. Easier to have him incapacitated I guess...

Again, don't take the comment personal, my tongue was firmly in cheek and I am merely loosly debating comic book battles here to have fun and not to bust anyone's b_lls as it were.

You make some good points for Venom.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Ramtha07: Aye Ramtha spidermanwins is a good debater, no need to not trust him. Remember when you first debated with me and you thought i hated wolverine? Well look how that turned out.
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ramtha07
@god_spawn:
True true... I meant no offense. Sometimes the written verb comes off harsher than intended.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Ramtha07:
Good
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Ramtha07 said:
"

@SpidermanWins: 

Trust me Wolverine could get him but he can't touch him

Also, I must say, I didn't quite get this part...  what are you trying to say exactly? And no, I won't trust you.

"
Lol I meant more along the lines of Wolverine being able to kill him if he gets in close but I'm not sure if he could due to Brock's agility.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpidermanWins
@Ramtha07 said:
"

@SpidermanWins:
I meant nothing personal in the comment. Really. I am a Wolverine fanboy and I am unabashed in my fanboyism. And if you are a fan of Spiderman, you should be, he is a fun and awesome character ... it was a jibe not meant to insult. A poke at your fanboy name (to which I say more power to you) but not meant to be mean or insulting.

My fanboyness simply prompts me to favor Logan and argue in his defense in fights where he, perhaps, should not win a majority. Won't stop me from pointing out how he could win. Fact is, the only way for him to win means the death of Venom. Easier to have him incapacitated I guess...

Again, don't take the comment personal, my tongue was firmly in cheek and I am merely loosly debating comic book battles here to have fun and not to bust anyone's b_lls as it were.

You make some good points for Venom.

"
I understand completely. I over react alot and I just really hate it when people do that because when I first came on all that I read was Spider-Man comics and a few X-men and Captain America comics. I made the name to prove my point but forgot something called "logic" and my threads were all clearly favoritism and fanboyish idiocy. Now that I have become crazy on all comics and have wide knowledge on the characters I sort of regret making that my name because It screams that I am obviously favoring someone and that my opinion will be one-sided to this character. But yes I agree, everyone secretly has a favorite that they will root for in battle forums. For me it has always been Spider-Man because he reminds me of myself and I can relate to him.  Anyway, you have made many good points for Wolverine. He could definitely behead Venom if he got close and he has strong resistance to even the hardest hitters. To be honest I should probably wait until Thompson has shown more impressive feats to make this interesting. For now all I can do is "assume" and base this on what he "could do" or his stats.