• 79 results
#1 Posted by donkrieg76543 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win in a figth out of Venom and the Thing?

#2 Posted by donkrieg76543 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"donkrieg76543 says:
"Who would win in a figth out of Venom and the Thing?"
This is a hard one."

i know that why i went the the to characters

#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

donkrieg76543 says:

"Who would win in a figth out of Venom and the Thing?"

This is a hard one.

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"I think this is a stalemate.Venom isn't strong enough to hurt the Thing nor is her smart enough and the Thing is strong enough to toss him around all day but I don't know how hard you have to hit a symbiote to knock out the host.I have never seen Venom get knocked out."

That's why I couldn't decide. I haven't seen anything that could hurt Venom besides sonics and intense heat.

#5 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm.....Venom.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"You know what though...Carnage is stronger than Venom and he almost ripped Brock out of the Symbiote.The Thing is stronger than Carnage.Also Namor ripped Gargan's tounge out and he might be dead seeing as how he hasn't been shown since then and the Thunderbolts were trying to fill his spot.The Thing is stronger than Namor also."

But, still. The symbiote will still protect him from blunt force trauma and super-strong blows.

Thing is stronger than a dry Namor. He doesn't match up to Namor if he's wet or underwater. Namor, who was underwater, hit the Hulk so hard that he flew out of the water and landed on an island miles away. transforming back into Banner.

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#8 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Venom can take this one. Simply by subdoing Ben, and sending the symbiote into his lungs.

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Namor fought Venom out of the water and owned him worse than he did skrull Blackbolt."

Namor is at Class 85 out of water. He's stronger than Mac Gargan, regardless.
Post Edited:2008-01-20 04:53:43

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"I think Venom can take this one. Simply by subdoing Ben, and sending the symbiote into his lungs."

That can't happen.I have never seen Venom do that and if he's going to do it to anyone,it's most likely not going to be the Thing."

He can do that with symbiote.

#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"I think Venom can take this one. Simply by subdoing Ben, and sending the symbiote into his lungs."
That can't happen.I have never seen Venom do that and if he's going to do it to anyone,it's most likely not going to be the Thing."
He can do that with symbiote."

I'm not saying he can't do it...i'm saying he can't do that to the Thing."

Why?

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

How is it going to get in? Through his mouth? What are the odds of that?"

He has a nose, too...

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
He has a nose, too..."

But even still.You are assuming that Venom will think to use this tactic.Neither Gargan nor Brock are that smart.BTW..I really had no idea the Thing had a nose.I thought the Rock thing covered it up or they just never drew it.I never noticed a nose."

Dude, there isn't much thinking behind that tactic. It doesn't take rocket scientists to think up such a tactic. I think Carnage used it once, and he isn't any smarter than Brock or Gargan.

#14 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing is a large, strong and hard enough object to make some serious noise and sonic waves that would damage venom, and would his webs hold thing back? who knows?

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow good fight

I think that it's a draw

#16 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
He has a nose, too..."
But even still.You are assuming that Venom will think to use this tactic.Neither Gargan nor Brock are that smart.BTW..I really had no idea the Thing had a nose.I thought the Rock thing covered it up or they just never drew it.I never noticed a nose."

In Venom's first appearance or second appearance, he used that tactic before to get rid of his enemies. Do you forget Brock's stealth tactics? He can probably move fast enough to confuse Ben like webbing his ankles and throwing him into a wall, then unloading a ton of webbing onto Ben, and send the symbiote through his nose, or make a pair of scissors (which he's done before) and stab Ben in the eyes, then send the symbiote.

#17 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Gargan we're talking about right? If so he won't use stealth and Ben will use his sonic clap, game over.

#18 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom wins.

#19 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing could do a few thunderclaps. I mean, boulders crashing onto eachother is a really loud noise, and two rock hands smashing into eachother sending the sound waves into a certain direction is going to be really, really loud. Hulk's done it to Venom.......I think that Thing could. If he thought about it first.

Although the tactic with Venom filling Thing's lungs with the symbiote there isn't much of a counter to.

#20 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"In Venom's first appearance or second appearance, he used that tactic before to get rid of his enemies. Do you forget Brock's stealth tactics? He can probably move fast enough to confuse Ben like webbing his ankles and throwing him into a wall, then unloading a ton of webbing onto Ben, and send the symbiote through his nose, or make a pair of scissors (which he's done before) and stab Ben in the eyes, then send the symbiote."

If Venom was that cleve he would have beat Namor and Spider-man."

Fact is, he has done it before. So, he's clever enough to do it. Of course he didn't do it to Spidey. Spidey is the hero. The same goes for Namor. And, besides, he talking about Brock. Not Gargan.

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"just because someone can make a pair of scissors doesn't mean you can just stab THE THING in the eyes.Even if he could get the Thing into a position where he couldn't move..the Thing has rock skin,he can just close his eyes.As far as sending the symbiote in through the Thing's, nose...he would have to not be having the sh!t kicked out of him while he's trying to have the symbiote sneak up on him."

I never said it wasn't gonna be easy. You said that Venom couldn't do that because he wasn't smart enough. After EC's post, you stand corrected. Also, Venom can turn invisible. He could use the symbiote to invade Thing's body from his nose while he can't be seen.

#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Since when can he do that?"

Wait. My bad. He can't turn invisible. But, he can camouflage, like the Predator can.

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you're opinion is as good as mine, even though I still can't decide.

#24 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

well we all know venom has the powers of spidey and then some i think venom would use his agility on him and we know venom is not stronger than the thing but i know that venom is able to pick up a tank so i think he would just mess around with thing and venom is able to camouflage his self i also think venoms webs would be enough to hold thing down and deliver the beating the only way thing would be able to handle venom if he made a really loud sound with something all if he just called in torch to help him.

#25 Posted by Morphid (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

A stalemate, because venom could just regenerate the Thing's blows.

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"1.Since when could Venom lift a tank?2.Agility means nothing in this fight.3.Webbing cannot hold the Thing down.4.Venom can be hurt by brute force."

1) Venom can lift 25 tons, but it is documented that his strength fluctuates. Spidey once lifted a tank when he was at class 10. Don't see why Venom cannot do the same. How much do you think a tank weighs?

2) Agility could help more than you think.

3) His webbing could hold him for a few minutes, I think.

4) How much brute force are you talking? Last I heard Venom could withstand brute force.

#27 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"symbiote5 says:
"well we all know venom has the powers of spidey and then some i think venom would use his agility on him and we know venom is not stronger than the thing but i know that venom is able to pick up a tank so i think he would just mess around with thing and venom is able to camouflage his self i also think venoms webs would be enough to hold thing down and deliver the beating the only way thing would be able to handle venom if he made a really loud sound with something all if he just called in torch to help him."
1.Since when could Venom lift a tank? 2.Agility means nothing in this fight. 3.Webbing cannot hold the Thing down. 4.Venom can be hurt by brute force."

1.agility does mean something thing is strong but hes not fast venom has the advantage in that

2.venom can lift a tank when hes eddie brock hes a bodybuilder and can lift 700lbs and when he is venom he can lift 20 tons with ease

3.webbing cant hold the thing down but if venom was webslinging from above came down with a striking blow it would hurt the thing and venom has tentacles that gives him the advantage they are strong enough to hold thing

4.venom has invulnerablity and has brute force of his own

#28 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, I think it's either a draw or Thing. Venom might hurt himself when he hits Thing. So it's leaning towards Thing.

#29 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Wait, I think it's either a draw or Thing. Venom might hurt himself when he hits Thing. So it's leaning towards Thing."

venom would hit the thing but it wouldnt really hurt venom he would just keep trying to do so

#30 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

symbiote5 says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
"Wait, I think it's either a draw or Thing. Venom might hurt himself when he hits Thing. So it's leaning towards Thing."
venom would hit the thing but it wouldnt really hurt venom he would just keep trying to do so"

Yeah, you're probably right. But I see Thing winning.

#31 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

venom has the ability to heal faster than the thing he aslo has strong tentacles

#32 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

venom would blend into things around him and if the thing tried to hit venom with a powerful attack his danger sense would let him know about it and venom would just advoid it with his speed venom is also able to stretch his self he can also absorb energy.

#33 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wait wait, just to clarify, which venom? Brock or Gargan? and can either one survive a sonic clap from the Thing?

#34 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

well venom is not weak tos onics thats carnage but fire yes

#35 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

brock

#36 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Im almost sure that venom is weak against sonics. Thing is much stronger and durable, he maight not have a healing factor but his durability is very high. I mean he has fought the Hulk several times and at least has connected some hits, It only takes a thunder clap to paralyze venom taking the speed and agility advantage venom has, after that it takes some haevy punches well connected and venom is down.

zzzzzzzzzzz

#37 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

venom is not weak to soniocs because ironman tried doing this to venom but nothing happened venom is weak to loud sounds and fire

#38 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, isn't a thunder clap a loud sound?

zzzzzzzzzzzz

#39 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

yes but its a different kind of sound the kind of sound that makes venom weaks is like the sound of two metal things banging together

#40 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, im begining to think you're just making things up, or you would had specified that before, and if it was like that( which i highly doubt) thing could take two metal things in his hands and execute the thunder clap with the "metal sound"... so.. yeah.

zzzzzzzzzzz

#41 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

venoms danger sense would come in handy against the thing and since thing is slow venom would know whenever he will attack

#42 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

Unbelonger says:

"Eh, im begining to think you're just making things up, or you would had specified that before, and if it was like that( which i highly doubt) thing could take two metal things in his hands and execute the thunder clap with the "metal sound"... so.. yeah. zzzzzzzzzzz"

did you ever s3 remember whn venom was coming towards spidey and he took those big poles that fell and just banged them thats what i mean

#43 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

So are you saying that only with the exact poles is possible to hurt venom?... hum... "if" that was the case, Ben could smash those poles with much more force. A louder sound making it even worse for venom.

zzzzzzzzz

#44 Posted by symbiote5 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

Unbelonger says:

"So are you saying that only with the exact poles is possible to hurt venom?... hum... "if" that was the case, Ben could smash those poles with much more force. A louder sound making it even worse for venom. zzzzzzzzz "

not with the exact but the same sound

#45 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take that as if you were agreeing with me. Thing wins.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

#46 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Or... Most likely Thing would win.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

#47 Posted by donkrieg76543 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

venom would win

#48 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

A thunder clap is a radial attack, and loud sounds (whether its with poles or rock-like hands) have been known to hurt anyone, particularly Venom, and its not like Ben would be trying to sneak up on venom, so "spider"-sense would be of limited use. I'm sorry, but until someone finds a convincing argument against the thunder clap, I say Ben wins.

#49 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a third party. I tried to understand some of th eearlier post, and i couldn't find anything on them to make me change my mind. Ben wins. I think if he din't use the thunder clap he would still win.

zzzzzzzz

#50 Posted by donkrieg76543 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

only hulk can use thunder clap