• 126 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm got this.

#52 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

#53 Posted by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom.

#54 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

Symbiots are naturally vulnerable to intense sound and extreme heat. A bolt of lightning can reach temperatures of roughly 30,000 kelvins (53,540 degrees Fahrenheit) and the peaks at 712.7 on the decibel meter. This is a stomp.

#55 Posted by Joygirl (18505 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Later Eddie thought that traditional weaknesses were for weaklings. He has survived massive explosions and direct hits from Banshee.

#56 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: And Storm has effected multiple people with equal or greater durability than Venom.

#57 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

He has moved faster than spiderman so if he is anywhere within say, 50 feet of her by the time she figures out he is there, she is dead.

#58 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

Symbiots are naturally vulnerable to intense sound and extreme heat. A bolt of lightning can reach temperatures of roughly 30,000 kelvins (53,540 degrees Fahrenheit) and the peaks at 712.7 on the decibel meter. This is a stomp.

@oreoassassin has said that he can show instances of Venom's resistance to electricity. I know he has shown resistance to typical symbiotic weaknesses.

#59 Posted by Joygirl (18505 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Really? Because Venom has been outright pummeled by Juggernaut and smiled through it.

#60 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

He has moved faster than spiderman so if he is anywhere within say, 50 feet of her by the time she figures out he is there, she is dead.

oh i see... storm should win this depending on the distance..thats all if hes close shes dead but if she has enough time like around a second or to to manifest something she could take him out , can it be frozen?

#61 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Getting hit by Juggernaut is not the same as being struck by lightning.

@man_of_miracles: Lightning (electricity) comes in a variety of watts, volts and joules which can all peak in the billions. Unless Venom was tanking terrawatts of energy I doubt he could tank Storm`s lightning which has hurt Hulk, Rulk, Colossus, Blob and Juggernaut all who have 100 tonner durability.

#62 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio
@roddy010 said:

@joygirl: Getting hit by Juggernaut is not the same as being struck by lightning.

@man_of_miracles: Lightning (electricity) comes in a variety of watts, volts and joules which can all peak in the billions. Unless Venom was tanking terrawatts of energy I doubt he could tank Storm`s lightning which has hurt Hulk, Rulk, Colossus, Blob and Juggernaut all who have 100 tonner durability.

Can you show any scans of it harming characters of that durability? and it doesn't necessarily matter as @joygirl said Venom has withstood a beatdown from Juggernaut so I am not sure that Venom's durability is going to be too much of an issue, I mean if he can tank through one blast to get to her he will still kill her.

And that is IF she realizes he is there before he blitzes her.

#63 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

He has moved faster than spiderman so if he is anywhere within say, 50 feet of her by the time she figures out he is there, she is dead.

oh i see... storm should win this depending on the distance..thats all if hes close shes dead but if she has enough time like around a second or to to manifest something she could take him out , can it be frozen?

Depends, I mean Venom can be frozen, but I think it is all going to depend on if he can get the drop on her and how he uses the environment, if she catches him in the open, she should be able to take him out. What I am doubting is her ability to react if she gets the drop on her.

#64 Posted by jashro44 (19599 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless venom speed blitzes he will lose. I don't think camouflage will help with storms area of effect.

#65 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Unless venom speed blitzes he will lose. I don't think camouflage will help with storms area of effect.

It will help if she doesn't exactly know where he is, depending on the setting (if it is a populated area) I doubt Storm will resort to an area of effect attack until she has no choice, by which time, it will be too late.

#66 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles: I'll post some once my battery charges but I would like to see feats for Venom and his resistance to electricity.

#67 Posted by jashro44 (19599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Unless venom speed blitzes he will lose. I don't think camouflage will help with storms area of effect.

It will help if she doesn't exactly know where he is, depending on the setting (if it is a populated area) I doubt Storm will resort to an area of effect attack until she has no choice, by which time, it will be too late.

Typical battle forum rules state that battles are unpopulated unless specified otherwise. It may confuse storm for a few seconds but venom is still going to have to kill her quickly. Eddie cannot afford to drag this out.

#68 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Unless venom speed blitzes he will lose. I don't think camouflage will help with storms area of effect.

#69 Posted by Veitha (2895 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm should win. He can't stand against lightings, winds or flashfreezing.

Online
#70 Edited by EtinArcadiaEgo (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom, quick and neat.

#71 Posted by Blacharrt1 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a mismatch of epic proportions, the woman can manipulate sound... and Vemon is susceptible to that, but not only that her win manipulation alone is enough to keep vemon from ever touching her and getting a knockout.

#72 Posted by DarkRaiden (6541 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm in a godstomp. Spite. Storm has blocked cyclops blast with lightning, she can sense slight displacements in the air, and her powers work on command at the speed of thought. He could be inches away, and a sudden hurricane would blow him across the city. Then lightning hits him till he stops moving. Or she just flash freezes him. Or dos Thunderclaps/snaps.
Storm's lightning has affected Heralds of Galactus. Venom is nothing, just Spider-man with slight enhancements. Even if he started within breath's distance of her, he'd lose.

#74 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

He has moved faster than spiderman so if he is anywhere within say, 50 feet of her by the time she figures out he is there, she is dead.

oh i see... storm should win this depending on the distance..thats all if hes close shes dead but if she has enough time like around a second or to to manifest something she could take him out , can it be frozen?

Depends, I mean Venom can be frozen, but I think it is all going to depend on if he can get the drop on her and how he uses the environment, if she catches him in the open, she should be able to take him out. What I am doubting is her ability to react if she gets the drop on her.

okay so i just saw that the city has been emptied for them...i see storm just freezing the entire area

#75 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@man_of_miracles said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

He has moved faster than spiderman so if he is anywhere within say, 50 feet of her by the time she figures out he is there, she is dead.

oh i see... storm should win this depending on the distance..thats all if hes close shes dead but if she has enough time like around a second or to to manifest something she could take him out , can it be frozen?

Depends, I mean Venom can be frozen, but I think it is all going to depend on if he can get the drop on her and how he uses the environment, if she catches him in the open, she should be able to take him out. What I am doubting is her ability to react if she gets the drop on her.

okay so i just saw that the city has been emptied for them...i see storm just freezing the entire area

I still don't think she will resort to it right away.

#76 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@jashro44 said:

Unless venom speed blitzes he will lose. I don't think camouflage will help with storms area of effect.

It will help if she doesn't exactly know where he is, depending on the setting (if it is a populated area) I doubt Storm will resort to an area of effect attack until she has no choice, by which time, it will be too late.

Typical battle forum rules state that battles are unpopulated unless specified otherwise. It may confuse storm for a few seconds but venom is still going to have to kill her quickly. Eddie cannot afford to drag this out.

I agree

#77 Edited by HellionVulcan (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

The Venom taking Juggernauts punches almost killed him plus storm has way more means of dealing with Venom .

#78 Edited by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm stomps

#79 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@man_of_miracles said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

Venom wins this, he can kill her before she even knows he's there.

she can sense movement in the air (movement from something the size of a snowball) and see the energy living things give off...unless you know the symbiote is dead....

So what?

So she sense him, how is she going to keep her head from getting ripped off before she can react?

well if she can sense him.....wouldn't that be enough for her to just let loose on him?...this really depends on how far apart they are...whats the symbiotes full speed or the fastest it ever moved?...a few thunder claps and she should be fine.. and i dont think his strength really matters , storm according to emma frost and i quote " by the looks of it broke every bone in his body" completely leveled this HUGE alien dude with a tornado and she had to tell emma what just happened

He has moved faster than spiderman so if he is anywhere within say, 50 feet of her by the time she figures out he is there, she is dead.

oh i see... storm should win this depending on the distance..thats all if hes close shes dead but if she has enough time like around a second or to to manifest something she could take him out , can it be frozen?

Depends, I mean Venom can be frozen, but I think it is all going to depend on if he can get the drop on her and how he uses the environment, if she catches him in the open, she should be able to take him out. What I am doubting is her ability to react if she gets the drop on her.

okay so i just saw that the city has been emptied for them...i see storm just freezing the entire area

I still don't think she will resort to it right away.

you are right about that , usually she starts with wind or lightning but even if she doesn't use her temp control her winds are far more dangerous...her wind based attacks can cover the entire city, but i think it could go either way considering i don't know how far apart these two are....

#80 Posted by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm, very unfortunate but Storm.

Venom only wins if it takes place in a dark building/area with plenty of cover and places for Venom to perform stealth attacks. But otherwise, he goes down.

#81 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

Storm, very unfortunate but Storm.

Venom only wins if it takes place in a dark building/area with plenty of cover and places for Venom to perform stealth attacks. But otherwise, he goes down.

she can see in the dark..she has cat like vision her pupils are vertically slitted

#82 Edited by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe:

Never said she couldn't see in the dark. I only said that Venom can utilize it to his advantage of a stealth attack.

#83 Posted by Joygirl (18505 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: He has camouflage so dark really doesn't matter too much.

#84 Posted by OreoAssassin (4180 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/susanoo/blog/venom-eddie-brock-respect/69369/

He's tanked shots from the Hulk, Juggernaut and has gotten seriously close to Electros electricity and Ghostriders fire. Weakness is a weakness, Basically I'm saying that just because she has something he's weak against doesn't mean one shot would put him out him down he's very very durable. He's also faster, stronger and smart. He's intelligent in the battle field and when human torch was flying shooting at him Venom made his tendrils go around him and throw him to the ground. Replace Human torch with storm. She can fly all she wants but he can reach her especially in a city. I know it's hard reaading this and I'm truly sorry, I can't post pictures I'm on an ipad so again sorry.

#85 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: i misunderstood i apologize...but what about her "energy sight"...she could basically see him anywhere , it shouldn't be hard since its only him and her in the city and they would be the only living things around so i don't see why she wouldn't be able to see him...i give storm the advantage due to her massive offense capabilities but i dont know who would win because i have no idea how far apart they are from eachother...

#86 Posted by Joygirl (18505 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin: He's also survived Banshee's scream and then proceeded to completely vanish and stealthblitz Banshee. And he took down the Jury who were specifically formed to kill him, they carried fire/sonic weaponry SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of killing Eddie.

#87 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by RogueShadow (9946 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#89 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#90 Posted by MutieLover (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man knocked out Storm quite easily in Secret War.

#91 Posted by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom could blitz.

#92 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

He is weak to sound so he loses.

#93 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

You mentioned Madness...disgusting I say! It is cannon, and impressive, but disgusting! And since everyone seems so intent on devaluing Eddie here I'd say he does take it. He is not stupid (although he is crazy) and he is familiar with the X-Men. He knows what Storm can do, so why would he sit back and let her do it? Eddie blitzing, or even one sneak web-pull will get her in range. She does not have any sort of high-class durability and it is not unreasonable for Eddie to one-punch and down her. Venom should take her.

#94 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl:

You mentioned Madness...disgusting I say! It is cannon, and impressive, but disgusting! And since everyone seems so intent on devaluing Eddie here I'd say he does take it. He is not stupid (although he is crazy) and he is familiar with the X-Men. He knows what Storm can do, so why would he sit back and let her do it? Eddie blitzing, or even one sneak web-pull will get her in range. She does not have any sort of high-class durability and it is not unreasonable for Eddie to one-punch and down her. Venom should take her.

yeah but her powers compensate for her durability...his speed is the only thing he has going for him...the town has been cleared for the brawl which means NO ONE ELSE BUT THOSE TWO ARE THERE , storm can sense movement in the air (from objects the size of a snowball) it would be hard for him not to move without her knowing exactly where he is and which direction hes coming from , also the symbiote is a living organism/parasite or whatever right? well storm CAN sense AND SEE the energy ALL LIVING THINGS GIVE OFF ...in the city she would know exactly where he is even before the fight began.........and both storm and eddie aren't dumb she knows she has basic durability and CAN be killed by normal means what makes you think that she would allow him the chance to touch her? her environmental sync/awarness is like a defense against being harmed..its impossible to sneak up on her without her noticing that someones there. And she works better from in the air..she simply shoots straight up into the air and bye bye eddie (she WILL fly out of range of him if ) and the speed at which she can fly is EXTREMELY FAST fast enough that only jets can match (i doubt that venom can match that speed) and she flew so fast that ONE person saw her leave and another was swept up by the winds on which she was riding.. pressure domes are her version of shields....also (theoretically) because she can manipulate the em field she should be able to make an em shield...how would venom get through those two??

#95 Posted by Silverrings (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand how this isn't just a stomp for Storm. As long as Storm starts the fight far enough away from Venom, who is fast, even a bullet-timer, i think, then she could just bombard him with all the lightening in the sky until he's vaporised.

#96 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand how this isn't just a stomp for Storm. As long as Storm starts the fight far enough away from Venom, who is fast, even a bullet-timer, i think, then she could just bombard him with all the lightening in the sky until he's vaporised.

or thunder.....

#97 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom is of a race of alien symbiotes that are formed from a thick, liquid, organic material. They, as their symbiotic nature suggests, depend on other beings to help them sustain their life force. In exchange for this relationship, the symbiote offers great powers to its host. Unfortunately for the host, the symbiotes are not keen on the idea of separating and eventually start to fully consume both mind and body of their hosts. Removal of the symbiote is often only possible through the usage of strong sound waves produced from intensely loud and sustained noises....THUNDER WHICH OFCOURSE STORM HAS NO TROUBLE WITH CREATING

#98 Posted by CaptainGuts (201 posts) - - Show Bio

As a huge spidey fan it pains me to say this but storm wrecks venom in all scenarios except close range. she is just too versatile. Yes venom is very very durable but storm has the ability to win in so many ways. Flash freezing. Suck him up in a tornado and let it pummel him for hours. She can suck the air out of his lungs, though I'm not sure if if venom needs to breathe. Excessive lightning will slow venom down if not ko him. Venoms webs won't get through her winds and he won't get close enough to ko her unless he starts there

#99 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom is of a race of alien symbiotes that are formed from a thick, liquid, organic material. They, as their symbiotic nature suggests, depend on other beings to help them sustain their life force. In exchange for this relationship, the symbiote offers great powers to its host. Unfortunately for the host, the symbiotes are not keen on the idea of separating and eventually start to fully consume both mind and body of their hosts. Removal of the symbiote is often only possible through the usage of strong sound waves produced from intensely loud and sustained noises....THUNDER WHICH OFCOURSE STORM HAS NO TROUBLE WITH CREATING

Eddie has resistance to sonics I believe.

#100 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6963 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe said:

Venom is of a race of alien symbiotes that are formed from a thick, liquid, organic material. They, as their symbiotic nature suggests, depend on other beings to help them sustain their life force. In exchange for this relationship, the symbiote offers great powers to its host. Unfortunately for the host, the symbiotes are not keen on the idea of separating and eventually start to fully consume both mind and body of their hosts. Removal of the symbiote is often only possible through the usage of strong sound waves produced from intensely loud and sustained noises....THUNDER WHICH OFCOURSE STORM HAS NO TROUBLE WITH CREATING

Eddie has resistance to sonics I believe.

He's shown incredible resistance to sound and fire. He's fought through the sonic gun, Shriek, Firestar, Human Torch, digger sonic shovels, fires, need I keep going? By most people's logic he should cringe in pain during a thunderstorm. And it's consistent, Eddie and Flash have both shown great resistance to sonics and fire over time.