venom wud kick robins ass!!!!

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

This has got to be the most mismatched thread I've ever read. This is like putting a child against a grown man. Wait... it is... Obviously Venom would win. He's stronger, faster, with more powers and much more need to kill.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Nice analogy, but you seem to forget that this child regularly goes up against grown men and wins. It's not like Venom would be something totally new to him either. He's fought clayface and others that are similar to Venom in some respects. Also, isn't Venom weak against high frequency sound? And aren't sonics one gadget the bat-family is known for? Venom is usually beat, not through strength but by getting outsmarted and having the environment used against him, something Robin is very good at. I'm not saying he wins, but it's not as mismatched as you make it sound.

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By raamesirote

easy! venom eats robis brane

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Spectrum

FLASH

Yeah i think Robins got the smarts for it, Venoms dumb

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7  Edited By The_Martian

I don't think that Robin could handle someone like Venom. He wouldn't know what the weaknesses are and so couldn't use that agianst him.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Nice analogy, but you seem to forget that *this* child regularly goes up against grown men and wins. It's not like Venom would be something totally new to him either. He's fought clayface and others that are similar to Venom in some respects. Also, isn't Venom weak against high frequency sound? And aren't sonics one gadget the bat-family is known for? Venom is usually beat, not through strength but by getting outsmarted and having the environment used against him, something Robin is very good at. I'm not saying he wins, but it's not as mismatched as you make it sound."

I see what you mean, but is Robin really going to know what Venom is weak against? No. Venom is also faster, so he'll be able to catch Robin, and either tear him to pieces, choke him to death, or eat him. Robin's fast, but Venom will catch him eventually.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think Robin stands a good chance. He may not know Venom's weakness to sonics, but he'd figure it out if he used any sonic weapons he has.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I think Robin stands a good chance. He may not know Venom's weakness to sonics, but he'd figure it out if he used any sonic weapons he has."

What if he doesn't have time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I think Buckshot definitely has a good point, that many probably don't think about Robin realizing that Venom is vulnerable to high frequency sound. But I think that if they come to fight prepared for each other, I think Venom would come invisible, and take Robin by surprise, immobilizing him first, then eating his brain.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The Time Keeper says:

"I think Buckshot definitely has a good point, that many probably don't think about Robin realizing that Venom is vulnerable to high frequency sound. But I think that if they come to fight prepared for each other, I think Venom would come invisible, and take Robin by surprise, immobilizing him first, then eating his brain."

I agree. If they have time to prepare. Venom would go stealth, and well.. eat Robin.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If they have time to prepare, Robin wins. He has more resources (everything in the Batcave) at his disposal than Venom. Plus, invisible or not, sonics would still put him down.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 15:24:36

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By The WeatherMan

Venom's attributes outclass Robin's by far, except for smarts. If Robin can plan the fight out carefully, he has a chance. If it's spur of the moment, well... Snacktime for Venom.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Venom would seriously underestimate Robin. I think he'd just dive straight in. Robin is used to taking on big targets. As long as he got past that initial onslaught, he'd have a chance to take him down. He wouldn't need time if he saw one of his sonic weapons hurt Venom, it would be "that worked, I'll do that again!"

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'll give you that, but once again, Venom is terribly fast, and would be smart enough to fire either a web, or launch the Symbiote at Robin if he tries to move. But as far as the sonics thing goes, I see what you mean, but Venom has been seen to fight off very powerful sonics until they eventually took him down. Like in Maximum Carnage. Shriek attacked Venom head on, but he was walking right through it until he had to fall. So just because Robin has one successful sonic attack, there's no guarentee that he'd be able to do it again. Venom's power is massive and so are his abilities, Robin might pull off a sonic, but Venom would fight through it to kill Robin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well put, Chaos!! I see that Robin is trained by batman, but I think Venom is being a little underestimated here too. If he knows (or suspects) before the fight that Robin is prepared, Venom might turn invisible, and watch from a ways away, then throw something at him, immobilizing him. But I think even if they got in close to each other and Robin hit a button to make some sound, I think somehow Venom would lash a tendril out at Robin, or his device or whatever, and thereby give himself the win. Again, let's not underestimate Venom here. In Maximum Carnage, he thought ahead and put some of the symbiote in Reed's sonic gun, which is what saved his hide when Carnage finally shot him with it.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

My point is that it would not be as one sided as people initially thought. Venom can be crafty, but it's more natural guile than the tactical training Batman has given Robin. I think the first few moments of the fight would decide things and of course how much the two fighters would know about each other before hand. Robin is more likely to use what he's learned where as Venom would just think of Robin as a kid with toys. That's what makes it difficult to call.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal Chaos

It's not that hard. Robin doesn't know a thing about Venom. Venom doesn't know a thing about Robin. I doubt Robin would think "Gee, let me through sonics and see if it works." He won't. Venom will jump at Robin, Robin jumps and tries to get something. Venom sends the symbiote at Robin and slams him. Robin throws a bomb at Venom. He thinks Venom is dead, but Venom just brushes it off, grabs him, and eats him.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Forever

Have you seen how Deathstroke usually hands Robin his a$$? Well this fight wouldn't take a quarter of that time. Robin wouldn't last ten seconds. Venom wouldn't even need to do anything other than use his quickness and his strength.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Deathstroke has also handed Kid Flash his ass on multiple occasions, danced around Superman and embarrassed other characters faster than Venom. Being taken down by Deathstroke doesn't mean Robin is slow.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Doesn't mean Robin is slow, but it doesn't mean Robin is going to be able to escape Venom

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Deathstroke has also handed Kid Flash his ass on multiple occasions, danced around Superman and embarrassed other characters faster than Venom. Being taken down by Deathstroke doesn't mean Robin is slow. "

Not slow but certainly not fast enough to fight Venom and I would think that anything that showed Deathstroke actually dancing around Superman sounds like jobbery to me. I'll buy Kid Flash though, as he was probably inexperienced at the time. I think that was when he was with the Titans when Deathstroke had set them all up using Terra.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Doesn't mean Robin is slow, but it doesn't mean Robin is going to be able to escape Venom"

I think he can, at least for a while.

Forever says:

"Not slow but certainly not fast enough to fight Venom and I would think that anything that showed Deathstroke actually dancing around Superman sounds like jobbery to me. I'll buy Kid Flash though, as he was probably inexperienced at the time. I think that was when he was with the Titans when Deathstroke had set them all up using Terra."

I don't think it's Superman jobbing, just Deathstroke knowing his environment better and Superman not expecting him to move as fast as he does. He's taken Kid Flash on more than one occasion, he can't be inexperienced all the time. I think Deathstroke is faster than you realize. He thinks many times faster than even the fastest humans and his thought and actions are one. He doesn't need to think and then do, it's all one thing for him. It's instantaneous. Not only is he fast though, he's usually many steps ahead too, so it's not like he's just reacting fast as things happen, but he's reacting even before they happen because he knows what's coming, which makes him even faster than he already is.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 22:55:54

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eternal Chaos

He won't be able to last that long. Venom is like on Peter's speed level maybe a little slower if anything, (original peter), Venom is also much stronger. Dick isn't going to win.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Forever

Ok, I'll give him five minutes eluding Venom before he goes down.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Octagon Freak

I'm just going to say Venom, and not come back.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

5 minutes is being nice. I'll give him like 4

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vrakmul

Venom is going to eat robin's brain.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Doesn't mean Robin is slow, but it doesn't mean Robin is going to be able to escape Venom"
I think he can, at least for a while. Forever says:
" Not slow but certainly not fast enough to fight Venom and I would think that anything that showed Deathstroke actually dancing around Superman sounds like jobbery to me. I'll buy Kid Flash though, as he was probably inexperienced at the time. I think that was when he was with the Titans when Deathstroke had set them all up using Terra."
I don't think it's Superman jobbing, just Deathstroke knowing his environment better and Superman not expecting him to move as fast as he does. He's taken Kid Flash on more than one occasion, he can't be inexperienced all the time. I think Deathstroke is faster than you realize. He thinks many times faster than even the fastest humans and his thought and actions are one. He doesn't need to think and then do, it's all one thing for him. It's instantaneous. Not only is he fast though, he's usually many steps ahead too, so it's not like he's just reacting fast as things happen, but he's reacting even before they happen because he knows what's coming, which makes him even faster than he already is.
Post Edited:2007-06-21 22:55:54"

I'll buy that Buckshot. I dont think that would make him considerably faster than Venom though, and since Venom is way stronger than he is, I think Robin would go down very quickly.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Forever says:

"I dont think that would make him considerably faster than Venom though, and since Venom is way stronger than he is, I think Robin would go down very quickly."

Don't think it would make who faster? Deathstroke? I'd give him a win against Venom. Robin? I already said he wouldn't win, but I think he's fast enough to buy himself time to give Venom a good fight.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
"I dont think that would make him considerably faster than Venom though, and since Venom is way stronger than he is, I think Robin would go down very quickly."
Don't think it would make who faster? Deathstroke? I'd give him a win against Venom. Robin? I already said he wouldn't win, but I think he's fast enough to buy himself time to give Venom a good fight. "

I brought up Deathstroke and muddied the waters but how does Robin even get a punch off against Venom? Venom is considerably faster and stronger and could kill Robin with one hit, which should be too quick for Robin to dodge.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
Don't think it would make who faster? Deathstroke? I'd give him a win against Venom. Robin? I already said he wouldn't win, but I think he's fast enough to buy himself time to give Venom a good fight. "

Eh, I'm still not too convinced Dick would give Venom much of a fight

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I kinda agree that Venom is to fast for Robin. In comics Robin wins this battle more then he loses, he'd have some gadget to save the day, but if were just taking the two of them and saying fight, Venoms having bird for dinner.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Dilios says:

"I kinda agree that Venom is to fast for Robin. In comics Robin wins this battle more then he loses, he'd have some gadget to save the day, but if were just taking the two of them and saying fight, Venoms having bird for dinner."

Thank you

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Forever says:

"I brought up Deathstroke and muddied the waters but how does Robin even get a punch off against Venom? Venom is considerably faster and stronger and could kill Robin with one hit, which should be too quick for Robin to dodge."

I'm not talking about him punching him, that would be stupid. The "good fight" I'm thinking of has Venom work for the kill. Robin dodges him for a while, tosses all sorts of gadgets at him (sonics, electricity, small explosives, smoke pellets, other stuff), gets him mad and stops him from thinking properly, uses whatever he can find to annoy him, maybe lures him somewhere that he can hit him with something heavier or maybe get something he can light on fire, etc. I don't see Venom gobbling him up in the first second of the fight and if he doesn't, Robin's not going to be dumb to get in close unless maybe he thinks he something that will work, and even then, that won't be anywhere near the start of the fight.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Forever says:
" I brought up Deathstroke and muddied the waters but how does Robin even get a punch off against Venom? Venom is considerably faster and stronger and could kill Robin with one hit, which should be too quick for Robin to dodge."
I'm not talking about him punching him, that would be stupid. The "good fight" I'm thinking of has Venom work for the kill. Robin dodges him for a while, tosses all sorts of gadgets at him (sonics, electricity, small explosives, smoke pellets, other stuff), gets him mad and stops him from thinking properly, uses whatever he can find to annoy him, maybe lures him somewhere that he can hit him with something heavier or maybe get something he can light on fire, etc. I don't see Venom gobbling him up in the first second of the fight and if he doesn't, Robin's not going to be dumb to get in close unless maybe he thinks he something that will work, and even then, that won't be anywhere near the start of the fight."

That's probably how it would go in the comic books, with Robin winning or holding out until Batman shows up and defeats Venom. But in a more realistic fight, Robin shouldn't even be able to dodge him for a while. Everything he tosses would be so incredibly slow to someone who can dodge bullets and he shouldn't even be quick enough to put any distance between them. He would have to be lucky and have all of the environment working in his favor for him to last more than a few seconds. But that's just my opinion.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

And you're free to it.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Phorqe

There are a few scenarios this fight could go.

Scenario A:

Robin and Venom agree to meet up at the park at midnight. Robin has all day to research symbiotes and prepare his sonic artillery. The meet up in the park at designated time. Robin uses his sonic Robin-arang or whatever you want to call it. The symbiote is injured. Venom is forced to flee and swings away. Two minutes later Venom is healed and tailing Robin, he covers him with webbing and it's lunch time.

Scenario B:

They meet under unforeseen circumstances Venom attacks hastily. Robin dodges the first flurry from Venom, but not the second. It goes down hill for Robin from here.

Scenario C:

They start to fight in the middle of the street and seperate to avoid getting hit by oncoming vehicles. Robin breaks away and hides in a a bell factory. Venom unwittingly follows him and Robin starts making noise. Symbiote is injured, Robin beats him.

Scenario D:

They start fighting, Venom kicks the crap out of him for a minute until Batman shows up.

Scenario E:

Robin throws a bunch of weapons at Venom. Venom dodges for a minute and covers him with webs, or just waits for Robin to run out of gadgets.
Post Edited:2007-06-22 03:23:49

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Scenario A: Why can he use sonics the first time but not when Venom starts chasing him? Why won't the sonics give him the win here when a bell could do it in scenario C? Wouldn't sonics made specifically to combat Venom (or even normal ones) be better than a random bell tower?

Scenario B: Assumes he can avoid one attack but not another right away. I think it's more likely that he avoids the first, second, third, and a few more until he gets tired or slips up, before he gets tagged. Avoiding the first but not the second doesn't make sense to me. I'd imagine that if he avoided the first he'd get distance, not sit there and be open to a second (which he should be able to avoid if he's not yet worn out, and he shouldn't be because the fight just started).

Scenario C: If bells can give him the win, why not concentrated sonics?

Scenario D: That's what happens if Robin can't avoid the first attack but I don't see why he couldn't unless they're starting off only feet apart.

Scenario E: I think it's more likely that he wades through the damage than avoids it. With area affecting devices that explode, electrocute, produce sound waves and blinding light, I don't think dodging will do much.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Phorqe says:

"There are a few scenarios this fight could go. Scenario A: Robin and Venom agree to meet up at the park at midnight. Robin has all day to research symbiotes and prepare his sonic artillery. The meet up in the park at designated time. Robin uses his sonic Robin-arang or whatever you want to call it. The symbiote is injured. Venom is forced to flee and swings away. Two minutes later Venom is healed and tailing Robin, he covers him with webbing and it's lunch time. Scenario B: They meet under unforeseen circumstances Venom attacks hastily. Robin dodges the first flurry from Venom, but not the second. It goes down hill for Robin from here. Scenario C: They start to fight in the middle of the street and seperate to avoid getting hit by oncoming vehicles. Robin breaks away and hides in a a bell factory. Venom unwittingly follows him and Robin starts making noise. Symbiote is injured, Robin beats him. Scenario D: They start fighting, Venom kicks the crap out of him for a minute until Batman shows up. Scenario E: Robin throws a bunch of weapons at Venom. Venom dodges for a minute and covers him with webs, or just waits for Robin to run out of gadgets.
Post Edited:2007-06-22 03:23:49"

Scenario A: Robin uses sonics, but if Venom knows that Robin is using sonics, he'd try to dodge it, or web it up so it doesn't hurt him.

Scenario B: Robin might be able to avoid a few attacks from Venom, but if he jumps out of Venom's way, Venom will shoot a web to bring him back. When Robin is brought back, Venom covers Robin with the symbiote and sends it down into his lungs like he did when we returned when Mcfarlane was drawing.

Scenario C: Venom is a monster, he'd take a car coming at him and throw it at Robin, Robin ducks, or jumps, and when Robin isn't paying attention, Venom sends the symbiote silently along the floor to grab his legs.

Scenario D: This is Venom vs Robin. Not Batman and Robin vs Venom.

Scenario E: Grenades won't affect Venom and I'm not so sure about electricity. Flashes will probably just mess with his eyes and smoke bombs aren't doing anything. But who knows if Robin is even going to have a chance to throw half of this. Venom is a rusher, and will go head on. Even through sonics. No matter what, I don't see Venom losing

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"I don't see Venom losing"

Did anyone say otherwise?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternal Chaos

No, I just wanted state that in case somebody tries to make Robin win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"5 minutes is being nice. I'll give him like 4"

I think 4 is actually pretty generous. But you seem like a generous guy. I give him as much time as it takes Venom to web Robby's hands together. DINNER TIME!!!

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think Robin will win because the DCU is overpowered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way, dude. Venom takes this win like candy from a baby.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Prodigal Son

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I think Robin will win because the DCU is overpowered."

Take that back, fanboy!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinel, be careful. Those sound like fightin' words to the Prodigious Man.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Prodigal Son

The Time Keeper says:

"Sentinel, be careful. Those sound like fightin' words to the Prodigious Man."

Take that back, fanboy!!!!!!!!

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I think Robin will win because the DCU is overpowered."

It is overpowered, but Venom still wins.