Venom vs Noob Saibot (Mortal Kombat vs Marvel Universe)

• 130 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think I will go through some threads and see if a video game fan with a game/character name has EVER said that their namesake game character would lose a fight.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ermac_wins_via_fatality
Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

But has Ghost Rider literally dumped him in the middle of hell?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I don't know why nick tagged you. I was wondering that myself.

I have to appeal to you though, not to close this thread. That might be what he's going for; again though, Idk.

@modernww2fare

You do realize that Nightwolf beat the enhanced Sindel in 1v1 right? Nightwolf is no joke, so I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. On top of that, it took a soulnado to end that fight; a magical twister which presumably ripped Noob's soul apart. Last time I checked, Venom doesn't have that ability.

And yet he was beaten by Scorpion

@nick_hero22 said:

@vance_astro: We are having some issues over the topic of when is gameplay mechanics permissible? I tried to explain to him what the rules are and I even quoted you, but I was accused of misrepresentation so I will let you speak for yourself.

As long as gameplay doesn't interfere with the story or with the reality of how characters abilities work then it's permissible. By this I mean, if you play as Sonya and you've beaten Johnny Cage you can't base an argument around that unless it actually happened in the story or if you're making an argument for Sub-Zero the idea of being frozen outside what's shown in the game would suggest you can't be frozen stiff and just come out of it because you get hit. Also there's no powerbars in battle forums. A character can't just tank a bunch of projectiles & punches & kicks, just because that's how the games work.

in short, Noob dies

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

If the cutscene fight between Nightwolf and Noob is any indication (and really, it's the only non-gameplay canon indication) Noob is far too slow to contend with Brock, and definitely not strong enough.

Brock wins.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@modernww2fare said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@vance_astro: I don't know why nick tagged you. I was wondering that myself.

I have to appeal to you though, not to close this thread. That might be what he's going for; again though, Idk.

@modernww2fare

You do realize that Nightwolf beat the enhanced Sindel in 1v1 right? Nightwolf is no joke, so I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. On top of that, it took a soulnado to end that fight; a magical twister which presumably ripped Noob's soul apart. Last time I checked, Venom doesn't have that ability.

And yet he was beaten by Scorpion

@vance_astro said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@vance_astro: We are having some issues over the topic of when is gameplay mechanics permissible? I tried to explain to him what the rules are and I even quoted you, but I was accused of misrepresentation so I will let you speak for yourself.

As long as gameplay doesn't interfere with the story or with the reality of how characters abilities work then it's permissible. By this I mean, if you play as Sonya and you've beaten Johnny Cage you can't base an argument around that unless it actually happened in the story or if you're making an argument for Sub-Zero the idea of being frozen outside what's shown in the game would suggest you can't be frozen stiff and just come out of it because you get hit. Also there's no powerbars in battle forums. A character can't just tank a bunch of projectiles & punches & kicks, just because that's how the games work.

in short, Noob dies

Are you saying that Scorpion is weak? And in what world does Vance's post equate to "Noob dies"?

Seriously, if you have nothing constructive to add to this thread/discussion, then don't; but in the mean time leave me out of your meaningless, flame bait ridden posts. I don't want to get into any side show squabbles, and that is exactly what you are trying to start.

Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

But did Ghost Rider literally drop Venom into the bowels of hell?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for itgreat_yourealizeyourgreat
ItGreat_YouRealizeYourGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

But did Ghost Rider literally drop Venom into the bowels of hell?

Noob wouldn't have time to do that. He'd be cut in half within seconds.

Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell?

I accidentally multi posted...lmao.

Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itgreat_yourealizeyourgreat:

Can't hit what you can't see...

And no, Noob is NOT more powerful than GR.

Dumping Venom In Hell Lava is a sure kill.

Coupled with his Teleportation and stealth he will easily be able to touch him to send him to hell.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@ermac_wins_via_fatality said:

@itgreat_yourealizeyourgreat:

Can't hit what you can't see...

And no, Noob is NOT more powerful than GR.

Dumping Venom In Hell Lava is a sure kill.

Coupled with his Teleportation and stealth he will easily be able to touch him to send him to hell.

Why? Keep in mind the Netherrealm isn't all lava..and Brock can swing on webbing to a nearby platform if he needs to.

Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Lol and what will he do after that?

Most of the Netherrealm is lava.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Won't need to, won't make it to hell. Brock will end him before he does. He's so slow comparatively, and as this is a canon fight it doesn't seem like he's too big into "clone attacks" or teleportation.

Loading Video...

Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier:

Dude just got the s*** beaten out of him by Cyber SZ.

Of course he's gonna be weak.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ermac_wins_via_fatality: Venom's gotten beaten to hell by sonics and fire by the sonic gun and Human Torch and still blitzed Peter. So, yeah I'm not buying it since Venom has taken worse and still moved at blinding speeds. Noob wouldn't suddenly be leagues faster than Nightwolf if he hadn't fought CSZ, perhaps only a bit faster at best. And one of the things I see ALL the time in MK debates is how Scorpion or Saibot, as undead wraiths, can't fatigue because they're dead. So if you follow that line of thought he really has no excuse.

Plus this is the only non-gameplay canon fight of Saibot we have so it's all we have to go on as to how he fights, how fast he moves, and how often he uses his abilities in character.

Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier:

Ugh. We don't know the full potential of Noob, so we have to use his abilities for debating.

And one trip to hell is all its gonna take for Noob to win.

Plus the OP never mentioned any rules, so we don't know if either are bloodlusted or not.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom guts Noob unless he pulls off some teleportation madness. If Noob can get Venom to fall into a portal and then close the portal it would chop off whatever part of Venom's body was in said portal.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ermac_wins_via_fatality: I never said we couldn't use his abilities. I said here's what we have for Canon reference of how he fights. Always Comicvine rules are that unless stated otherwise we use current versions, standard gear, close starting distance, a downtown city setting, and in character. Since that cuts cent is in character, it's safe to say that 'trips to hell' aren't high on Saibot's in character fight methodology whether he can do it or not (which I remember no reference to him being able to only Scorpion and ABC logic of abilities doesn't apply).

So since we have a canon fight, and Noob does not use any special abilities, it's safe to say in character he doesn't use them. Especially if you want to argue he was 'tired' and trips to the Netherrealm would only make him stronger. Why not do it then? I own MK9, I've just recently played through the story mode again. I love the franchise. None of the characters are overly impressive compared to comic characters and nor should they be used in battle forums since 95% of what we have on them is game mechanics and game mechanics cannot be what a debate is founded on because they are there for gameplay purposes. Maybe when DC starts their MK comic line we'll have better on them.

For now, this is what we know of Noob: his roster of abilities and one canon, in character fight in which he uses none of those abilities.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Venom

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Point is that game mechanics don't count, outside of that- Noob has no feats that put him on Venom's level.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Point is that game mechanics don't count, outside of that- Noob has no feats that put him on Venom's level.

Point is...you don't seem to understand what was said here. Either that, or you are pulling a Nick and just willfully being ignorant.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

@onilordasmodeus said:

@modernww2fare said:

Point is...you don't seem to understand what was said here. Either that, or you are pulling a Nick and just willfully being ignorant.

@vance_astro said:

As long as gameplay doesn't interfere with the story or with the reality of how characters abilities work then it's permissible.By this I mean, if you play as Sonya and you've beaten Johnny Cage you can't base an argument around that unless it actually happened in the story or if you're making an argument for Sub-Zero the idea of being frozen outside what's shown in the game would suggest you can't be frozen stiff and just come out of it because you get hit. Also there's no powerbars in battle forums. A character can't just tank a bunch of projectiles & punches & kicks, just because that's how the games work.

Game mechanics don't count, period. The X-ray moves alone should make you question how on earth the characters can break and dislocate each others bones, yet in the story mode they're killed by those same attacks.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare said:

Keep my name out of this, especially since a mod has already gave his verdict on the situation.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

I win!

No Caption Provided

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points