#1 Edited by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio
VENOM!!!

- Current Eddie Brock with all of his new skills, reunited with Flash's (his) symbiote.

- In character

- 1 hour prep

- Access to weapons, if he wants or needs them

vs.

- Pre-52 Deathstroke

- In character

- No prep

- Prometheum sword, armor, M-16 (one clip), .45 longcolt (twelve rounds), uzi (two clips), and five incendiary grenades

and

- Current Hank McCoy

- In character

- No prep

- Access to a single weapon he may have in his lab (he has 30 seconds to choose)

--------------------------------------------------

- Battlefield: Counter-strike arena

Counter-Strike

-----------------------------------------------

- Both parties have basic knowledge of each other, but not specific abilities or weaknesses (e.g. A mercenary super-soldier, a man wearing an alien costume, a mutated human with animalistic traits)

- Win by death

- Venom and Team start 50 feet apart, on separate floors of the battlefield

- Credit to for helping with the thread

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie, pretty easily.

#3 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Would current Eddie Brock in character be passive? anyway i'd give it to Venom..

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, you're probably thinking religious zealot Eddie, last seen he was out murdering symbiotes sans suit (and then just had the Toxin symbiote forced on him).

#5 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 

#6 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of the team can even hurt Eddie unless Beast picks the right weapon. Eddie can use camo and while Beast potentially could smell him out, Eddie's agility, superior fighting skills, current use of weaponry (with his new skills) and prodigious use of tendrils would easily be able to disarm Beast. After that, team goes down hard.

#7 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Eep, you're right. I'm gonna give Deathstroke a couple grenades to maybe even things out.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, Eddie has the physical advantage for sure, but both Hank and Slade are no slouches themselves and both are tactically brilliant. I'm undecided for now.

#9 Edited by Strider92 (16476 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm i'm going to say Eddie. Although the teams equipment gives them a good shot.

#10 Edited by ShadowKing (838 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom. 

#11 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom wins, unless Beast chooses a sonic weapon, and does Beast even have one?

#12 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: Probably. His keen scientific mind may also come to the conclusion that sonics may be a weak spot for what he knows is an alien costume of some sort. If Hank can take that information and mentally equate it with a symbiote, he may know those weaknesses. He has also gotten upgrades since he became feline, he's no slouch physically. And Deathstroke's tactical mind and grenades will be a huge advantage.

#13 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@ChaosBlazer: Probably. His keen scientific mind may also come to the conclusion that sonics may be a weak spot for what he knows is an alien costume of some sort. If Hank can take that information and mentally equate it with a symbiote, he may know those weaknesses. He has also gotten upgrades since he became feline, he's no slouch physically. And Deathstroke's tactical mind and grenades will be a huge advantage.

For that, he would have to figure out that it was a symbiote from space, and he can't just figure that out from seeing it. If he somehow decided that it was from space, he would be able to figure out that the symbiote, having existed in space, won't have immunities built up to things that cannot exist in the vacuum of space, two of which are sonics and fire. From there, he would be able to get a sonic weapon, but again, he has no idea where the symbiote is from.

#14 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Give Deathsroke sonic grenades .... this is an uneven fight, Beast seems to be a non factor ..... neither of them can physically harm Eddie without special equipment or prep ...... the promethium sword is probably one of the only things giving Slade a chance to actually win here, since his grenades will run out ..... he is still outclassed in every physical area, and might be restrained in webbing before he can actually do anything ...... Hank better have some kinda high frequency sonic wave emitter in his lab, cuz if not he's totally useless here .........

#15 Edited by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt a promethium sword would do much since Eddie tanked Adamantium, although being as my pre-new52 knowledge is lacking I suppose I could be corrected.

#16 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: @Joygirl said:

He knows that it's an alien, so he knows it's from space. <points> If he can figure out that fire and sonics will do the trick, then he can pick one of those weapons.

- Both parties have basic knowledge of each other, but not specific abilities or weaknesses (e.g. A mercenary super-soldier, a man wearing an alien costume, a mutated human with animalistic traits)

#17 Posted by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

dark beast would solo. But this beast and stoke take it fairly easy. stroke distracts and beast goes for deathblow with a vibranium sword or uses gloves that give him the power of sentry and tears him in half

#18 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

@BeaverSauce said:

gloves that give him the power of sentry

Huh?

#19 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6357 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the weapon Beast chooses.

That's like basically handing him the win via plot. Pick anything our imaginative little minds can muster ...

Barring that, Venom should definitely win this one IMO. If he's dumb though, tries to showboat, I see Deathstroke finding a weakness and putting a hurt to him. If he's dumb enough to give Slade the shot, he could end up losing his head ...

#20 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Eddie, pretty easily.
#21 Posted by VenomousDragon (852 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie should take this.

#22 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

deathstroke and beast easily. too much for venom.

#23 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast could have solo'd by exploiting the sonic weakness, since he's familiar with the symbiote via Flash. But if his knowledge of the symbiote is limited..

#24 Edited by VenomousDragon (852 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose: How so? hes physically superior to either one and deathstroke wouldnt last long on his own.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

A tough call but I think Team 2 can win this.

#26 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Eddie, pretty easily.
#27 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeeeees... argue, argue... I feed off of nerdrage....

#28 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

uhhhh this seems impossible to argue .. giving team slim majority only because I feel beast would pick an appropriate weapon to win slightly above 50% of the time to beat venom ... wrong weapons = dead team.

#29 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Yeeeees... argue, argue... I feed off of nerdrage....

LMAO

#30 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that neither of those on the team are slouches in combat. They're no Eddie Brock but they're not to be trifled with.

#31 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is so a slouch in combat.

#32 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving this to Brock. The symbiote stops bullets so all firearms are pretty much useless. The frag grenades *could* be effective if they are close enough for Venom to get caught in the heat wave or close enough the explosive blast is loud enough to effect the symbiote, but niether of of any great frequency that Venom hasn't recovered as quickly from before. Beast's scientific weaponry being the wildcard, he could swing this if he can bring to the table something to weaken or immobilize Brock so Deathstroke could make the kill. But Eddie, while crazy, isn't stupid and would likely try to destroy any such device quickly, seeing as how he's fallen victim to things like the sonic gun one to many times. I'll go with Eddie 7/10 fights.

#33 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9280 posts) - - Show Bio

My inner logic is, spiderman beat venom, yet in comic vine it has been declared that deathstroke beats spiderman. So deathstroke with Beast i believe will curbstomp venom.  

Now my explanation, both beast and Deathstroke have genious level intellects, imagine them working together. It would be like batman and lex luthor working together to kill spiderman. I believe beast is the weakest link with deathstroke being faster and wearing promethium armor and kevlar. So if venom is smart enough to go for beast first he could have a chance. As for the beast sniffing venom out, last time i checked, deathstroke has hightened senses aswell. But what makes deathstroke and beast so good isn't thier physical portion but rather them outsmarting thier opponent. I believe that deathstroke or beast would be a formitable opponent for a seemingly mindless venom. But seeing both Beast AND Deathstroke working together, i see them completely out smarting venom.

#34 Posted by XiiX (8265 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom for the majority.