#1 Posted by rabidrage (142 posts) - - Show Bio

These are Spider-Man's arch-enemies, and they're competing for who gets to ruin his life from now on.  I'm thinking Ock will be out of the running pretty fast, but he is pretty experienced with those arms.  He can probably block pumpkin bombs and spring pretty high into the air, but Venom could probably disable one or two of them with his tendrils.

#2 Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give the edge to Brock..He has by far the most impressive feats out of the bunch and has proven to be able to use the symbiote to give him a huge tactical edge...I don't think Norman will be able to tag Brock with enough explosive power to down him.

Staff
#3 Posted by rabidrage (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not forget that even if Norman is dislodged from his glider and he runs out of ammo, he still has other abilities.  He's probably on par with Spider-Man in strength and speed, and he's more brutal.  By that point, Venom may be sufficiently weakened to the point where it's a challenge for him.  Then again, I agree that Venom is more than likely the victor.

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman wins.

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (50950 posts) - - Show Bio
rabidrage said:
"Let's not forget that even if Norman is dislodged from his glider and he runs out of ammo, he still has other abilities.  He's probably on par with Spider-Man in strength and speed, and he's more brutal.  By that point, Venom may be sufficiently weakened to the point where it's a challenge for him.  Then again, I agree that Venom is more than likely the victor."
Spider-Mans strength and speed have never served him well against Venom.
Staff
#6 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom batters Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) easily.  Venom is way stronger, faster, tougher, and more durable than Spider Man. Add in unlimited webbing. Not to mention won't have a problem going all out against Green Goblin. If Green Goblin was smart he would realize that fighting Venom is a losing battle but he's to egotiscal, and would pay the price for his overly concietedness.

#7 Edited by 12marvel12 (995 posts) - - Show Bio

green goblin wins... venom is weak to loud sounds and fire and goblin could make both of those... also goblin is going to be flying around while tentacles are going off everywhere so venom wont get his 1 on 1 chances he needs... doc ock has a chance if he stays out of it for a while but if either venom or goblin gets a punch off he goes down hard (or if a pumpkin bomb goes off in his general direction... basically ock has absolutely 0 durability) goblin wins
#8 Posted by allwalledup (36 posts) - - Show Bio

goblin.

#9 Posted by SlimJ87D (10555 posts) - - Show Bio
@12marvel12 said:
" green goblin wins... venom is weak to loud sounds and fire and goblin could make both of those... also goblin is going to be flying around while tentacles are going off everywhere so venom wont get his 1 on 1 chances he needs... doc ock has a chance if he stays out of it for a while but if either venom or goblin gets a punch off he goes down hard (or if a pumpkin bomb goes off in his general direction... basically ock has absolutely 0 durability) goblin wins "

Venom has shown strong resistance to fire, and has been blown up by a missile launcher. 

Norman has nothing that can defeat Venom. Well after the Maximum Carnage Saga Venom got  a few upgrades and showed better resistance to fire and sonics as compared to how he use to be. 

His strength class is within the 25 ton range also, so he is 2.5 tiems stronger than Norman if it came to H2H Norman and Doc are done. 

#10 Posted by SlimJ87D (10555 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom's cunning tactical feats.
#11 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman Osborn...

#12 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Firestormnuclerman said:
" Venom batters Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) easily.  Venom is way stronger, faster, tougher, and more durable than Spider Man. Add in unlimited webbing. Not to mention won't have a problem going all out against Green Goblin. If Green Goblin was smart he would realize that fighting Venom is a losing battle but he's to egotiscal, and would pay the price for his overly concietedness. "
#13 Edited by SlimJ87D (10555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool:  
I think Norman can win with prep, but without prep he has nothing in his arsenal that can beat Venom. His standard gear doesn't consist of sonics strong enough to effect Venom. I don't even know if sonics are in his arsenal at all actually. 

Norman is outclassed in Strength, Speed and especially durability. Venom can regenerate from being blown up by those pumpkin bombs, fight with camouflage and use his tendrils and shields.
#14 Posted by deadpool616 (33 posts) - - Show Bio

norman can just bomb venom, but ock's another storey

#15 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D:  He is also so intelligent, he knows all symbiote's weakness, also he created the Anti-Spider-Sense bombhe could easily defeat Venom, also he is crazy...
With prep or without prep Norman wins...
#16 Edited by SlimJ87D (10555 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool616 said:

" norman can just bomb venom, but ock's another storey "

Bombing him won't do anything, I just posted a scan of Venom taking a hit from a missile that can blow up tanks. He has survived much worse, he has a healing factor on par with Wolverine.  

@Deadcool

said: 

@SlimJ87D:  He is also so intelligent, he knows all symbiote's weakness, also he created the Anti-Spider-Sense bombhe could easily defeat Venom, also he is crazy... With prep or without prep Norman wins... "

Well they are both kind of crazy, lol.  

But Norman could start harming citizens which Venom would have to try and save. Venom is more of an Anti-Hero. But I still don't think Norman with standard gear can pull it off. He knows the weaknesses but he's not properly equipped. 

Also, you're forgetting someone else that knows Venom's weaknesses. Himself. Venom is tactically smart, he's not going to let Norman use stronger flames than I posted or find something that can produce sonics strong enough to effect him. All Venom has to do is get close to Norman and one shot him, he has the strength and speed to do it. One shot is all it takes, while I still don't see anything Norman can do to hurt Venom. 

Here he fought an enemy that tried to exploit his weaknesses but Venom still overcame them and overpowered him and beat him to hell. 

Once again, my argument is that Norman still does not have the equipment coming in with standard gear that can take down Venom. Venom has shown ability to resist equipment that should take him down but is not strong enough. You either need a mutant like shriek or black bolt that specializes in the stuff or you either need a flame user like any of the human torches to really effect him. Or you need to prep the proper equipment to do it. 

I showed Venom running through he sonic gun and breaking it, I've shown Venom take missiles that can blow up light-tanks, I've shown Venom resisting fire. Those are all his weaknesses, and Norman has nothing on him that can deal any larger damage. I've also displayed that Venom is cunning and tactical, he is not a typical idiot villain that makes mistakes. Spider-man was able to beat him a few times at first but Venom has gotten better at fighting. Spider-man needs prep to go at it with Venom now. Flame from Pumpkin bombs will do nothing to Venom.  

I'll give it to Norman with prep, he could create equipment strong enough to take down Venom. But random encounter, Norman can't hurt him.
#17 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D:  Maybe you are right in a random encounter it wpuld be so difficult to kill venom... But he could easily defeat Venom Mc Gargan.. hahaha..
#18 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D:
Where did you get the Venom Profile ? 

as for the figt vENOM I THINK.
#19 Posted by SlimJ87D (10555 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainRodgers said:
" @SlimJ87D: Where did you get the Venom Profile ?  as for the figt vENOM I THINK. "
Marvel Masters Edition Bios, you can look it up.  

@Deadcool said:
" @SlimJ87D:  Maybe you are right in a random encounter it wpuld be so difficult to kill venom... But he could easily defeat Venom Mc Gargan.. hahaha.. "
Mac Gargan is stupid, I think he can be defeated and he has not been with the suit long enough to resist flames and sonics. I agree with you on that one.
#20 Posted by SlimJ87D (10555 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Deadcool (6817 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D said:  
@Deadcool said:
" @SlimJ87D:  Maybe you are right in a random encounter it wpuld be so difficult to kill venom... But he could easily defeat Venom Mc Gargan.. hahaha.. "
Mac Gargan is stupid, I think he can be defeated and he has not been with the suit long enough to resist flames and sonics. I agree with you on that one. "
Gargan can resist the fire, but I still thinkining that Norman can defeat him, because all his bombs had different functions, not all of them are simple bombs.

#22 Posted by Mattferrar (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabidrage: are you kidding ock is super genius he would not be the first down he would win he could create sonics in his arm tec to destroy venom and he would destroy norman

#23 Edited by Mattferrar (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Ock would win he would destroy norman and hee would detroy venom case closed

#24 Posted by jashro44 (23672 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie wins a random encounter.

#25 Edited by wearevenom87 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom wins especially if its Eddie Brock

#26 Posted by russellmania77 (15741 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom

#27 Edited by leonkarlen123 (5109 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough battle but i give it to Octavius if Goby can't fly. He is superior in strength than Spider-Man and is pretty damm durable.

#28 Edited by OreoAssassin (5841 posts) - - Show Bio

Brock

#29 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio

Random: Eddie. Too strong. Too fast. Too brutal. Too versatile.

Prep: Norman. As smart as Ock, but with the physicals near Spider-Man.

This isn't to downgrade Ock, this is just being real.

#30 Posted by RootsUnderdog (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom<Green Goblin<Doctor Octopus

Doc Ock Vs Green Goblin

Green Goblin is a great combatant and can compete with the best fighters. Octavius is incredibly fast, strong, and intelligent, and could take Gobs. He only has human durability, but Gobs isn't fast enough to hit him anyways. Ock can avoid spiderman's attacks, he an avoid Green Goblin's. Goblin's only chance of hitting Ock would be the guns on his glider, but Ock can spin his tenticles fast enough to deflect bullets, so there goes those chances.

Doc Ock Vs Venom

Octavius has incredible strength with his arms. He is faster and stronger than Venom. Green Goblin has more of a chance of hitting Ock, and his chances are slim. Doc Ock has pummled the Hulk into submission. THE HULK. And the Hulk is certainly more durable than Venom. Ock will pound Venom into the Earth until he realizes that it's late and he'd rather be at home inventing more ways to dominate A-list comicbook characters.

Green Goblin Vs Venom

Although Venom now has flame resistance, he isn't immune to it. Norman has a flamethrower on his glider, and he could keep Venom constantly lit. He could pumpkin bomb a huge flame, then just launch fire towards Venom and into the flame. Venom's options would be burn in the flamethrower, burn in the pumpkin fire, or attempt to jump towards Gob's glider, which will be futile as Gobs moves oit the way and sets up the same scenario. Eventually te fire will be everywhere and there goes Venom.

The fight

The fight will most likely go like this: Venom, the least intelligent, will rampage around and try to 1-shot everything in sight. Norman, being as cocky as he is, will take the initiative and take down Venom while Ock sits back and scouts out Osborn. Once Norman is done with Brock will set out for Ock, who will proceed to tear apart the glider, pummel Gobs into the ground, then go off to find spiderman

#31 Edited by mike01 (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool:

What are these scans from? I like the graphics. I think doc ock has been counted out too soon. Am Icorrect in thinking his metal arms are almost indestructible? I've heard Spiderman say that but I have seen them break or melt. I think his octoarms are long and strong enough to hold both at bay.

They are titanium and steel and are 24 feet long and can be controlled from miles away. He wouldn't even need to be in the battle to win.

They can move at 61.36 mph

He beat Iron Man, Punished, Spiderman, HULK lol, and fought superman and even count chocula and Tony tiger. That battle was GRRREAT!

Could do what others have done and rip venom from Brock?

#32 Posted by proto3296 (1368 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike01: scans of doc beating hulk and iron man? I'm gonna assume he used to prep to beat spiderman because he's never beaten him with out it. I personally think venom wins because his superior battle experience.

#33 Edited by mike01 (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@proto3296:

Hi

I don't have scans because I'm a mobile user.

COMICVINE REALLY NEEDS TO ADD THE ABILITY TO ADD PICS FOR MOBILE USERS. PLEASE!!!!

The best accommodation I can make was finding this link to another comic VINE post.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/mtharman/blog/9-doctor-octopus-fights-that-are-not-with-spider-m/78539/

Venom probably would win. He is an incredibly tough character. I thought that the ultimate Spiderman game for Xbox was a pretty awesome representation of his powers. He takes bullets and tank fire like it's symbiote scubby snacks and absorbs soldiers for life force. Side track but awesome game.

I wanted to make a case of Ock because I think that he is one of Spidermans most dangerous foes. Much of this is due to intelligence.

Doesn't he kill him and take his body? What's the name of the issue that story begins in?

#34 Edited by GrandSymbiote94 (11690 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike01: The Hulk fight was P.I.S. this is what happened during their 2nd encounter:

Even Hulk states he was holding back.

#35 Posted by mike01 (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@grandsymbiote94: Yea dude I know. That's why I said he also beat Tony tiger and it was grrreat i was mocking the battle because the HULK thing was so silly he might as well be fighting a cereal mascot.

#36 Posted by dondave (38776 posts) - - Show Bio

Allan

#37 Edited by proto3296 (1368 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike01: 700# is the issue. And I agree with ultimate spiderman being a great game although that's not the same venom in this post. I also agree that doc ock is one of his most dangerous opponents due to intellect but with out prep I think venom stomps.