#1 Edited by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

The teams and the location were chosen randomly.

Sovereign's team:

1. BlackPanther;

2. Spider-Man;

3. Mera.

18hunt's team:

1. Daredevil;

2. Hawkman;

3. Clayface.

They start at 5 kilometres from each other. They can use every resource in the location and they can use the environment to hide or in any other way they want.

The teams have got 5 minutes of preparation time, they know what is the location, but they know only what abilities the other team has(for example, they will know that Daredevil has got enhanced senses, Mera has got powers related to water, Black Panther is a great martial artist etc.).

Win by death, KO or incapacitation.

Morals on, in character.

@sovereign91001 @18hunt let's start this battle :)

#2 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt Would you like to take the first post?

#3 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be good. Personally, im rooting for hunt because Sovereign beat me out of our last tournament in the first round :)

#4 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: lol :P. I'll rematch you anytime dude in a CaV or hopefully we both make it to our second round and you can get a chance to get revenge, best of luck in your match.

#5 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok give me a sec...

With my prep I have a great way to win...

#6 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this new 52 (HM) or both, id like both. Im ready but ill start tommorrow once I get the answer

@veitha @sovereign91001

#7 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: @18hunt: tagged you, I didn't get it so I'm assuming you didn't either

#8 Edited by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! I'm sorry, but victory is inevitable, I have all my feats, , im posting in a few minutes

#10 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Well prep, thats easy for Hawkman, the big man on the team-

The claw of horus-

also his symbiotic new living nth metal provides him with many powers...

And his symbiotic link with his nyth gives him the ability to summon and change forms (of the metal), and control other nyth. It is like a living metal. As you see above he has great speed, stamina and strength. He also has a healing factor. He can also use fire and energy that pulses and blasts from the nyth (as you can see a bit above).

As for clayface, he will take advantage if all the clay (I studied this river this year) he'd soak in it, picking up as much clay as possible (soak in the slowest parts). Once he gets huge, he is more than a force to be reckoned with.

DD will use his skill to find somewhere to hide and wait for the opponents, and it is really hard to sneak up on him...

He tracked that guy by his cigar smell

#11 Posted by New_World_Order (12361 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#12 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I believe that clay face and hawkman are both highly underrated

#13 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: I'll get to this in a bit, I have a couple other debates I need to post in.

#14 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, but I want a chance to post again so plz come on

#16 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Are u gonna post? Or do I get a win?

#17 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: LOL dude I haven't even taken a day I have stuff to do irl also besides debating and I'm in about 5 debates atm, so ease up, I promise I'll be posting in this one too :)

Okay we're near a river so off the bat that gives Mera a huge advantage. Mera is a hydro kinetic and she has no real issue with killing her opponents. She can manipulate water in a number of ways including drawing it out of her opponents bodies. (Scans are in reverse order)

Okay so Mera's control over water is gonna let her either over saturate Clay face until he looses his form or pull the water out of him until he's dried out and falls apart.

Spider-Man is going after Hawkman: I believe in terms of reflexes he holds an advantage couple that with his experience in fighting flying enemies: Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Owl, Vulture etc should largely negate any advantage Hawkman's flight grant's him. As you can see Spider-Man has magnetic webbing in additon to his normal webbing as part of his standard gear. This magnetic webbing is going to play havok with Hawkman's metal armor and weapons and will give Spidey a large advantage.

That leaves D.D facing the Black Panther. His Vibranium armor, should largely negate Matt's ability to deal damage to him. Panther's claws and daggers in addition to his K.O.T.D boost should be enough to give him a solid win.

@veitha: Is our gear standard or can we use any gear our characters have used in the past?

#20 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill say this again, if clay face fights Black panther, he stands no chance, because he has all of that clay collectd in the river. All punches will be rendered usesless. Also I will tell you Hawkman has speed, I know he isnt as quick as Spidey, but he is faster, and much stronger than all of his flying foes! As for mera, she'll be hunted by the hawk whil Dare devil stall spiderman. with his super senses I know he can!

After Panther is taken care of quickly and without a thought, Spidey or Mera gets double teamed!

Also due to poison ivy's affect on claface he is no longer clay more like harder dirt or rock, that water trick wont work very well!

Also if Hawkman works fast enough he can impale mera and rip her to shreds!

Hawkman isnt afraid to kill, and his metal is no normal metal, it is living, symbiotic relations to him. It probably isnt like other metals and isnt magnetic. It comes out of his body like wings, no way those webs are gonna work on him.

Here are more boss scans

This metal also has the special ability to show its true power and envelope its enemies in energy and flames so powerful it can take out stronger people than hawkman! And if it has a sybiotic relationship it will do what it can to get rid of mera if she tries anything!

How you like me now

#21 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

More awesomeness coming up!

Also cool fact about Clay face

He can transform others into clayface, if he defeats panther, thats more ont his team!

And more to support daredevils strength, speed, and senses!

He is a beast, hard to beat him right, and since he is stalling spiderman and black panther gets defeated and is a clayface, I can make this battle a 3 on one whil mera fights (and gets burned alive or exploded) by Hawkman! (The metal is like gaara's sand it comes to protect him in the right time)

The above shows more awesome daredevil feats, and how a physical attack wont do anything to clayface but make him angry! After clayface is done with your team it will be 5 vs Mera (if she is still alive!

#22 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: First off can you please remember to tag me I didn't even know you posted, I just happened along this.

Ill say this again, if clay face fights Black panther, he stands no chance, because he has all of that clay collectd in the river.

Again? You never said it to begin with, I was the first one to designate targets on your team not the other way around. In fact all you said about Clayface previously was:

As for clayface, he will take advantage if all the clay (I studied this river this year) he'd soak in it, picking up as much clay as possible (soak in the slowest parts). Once he gets huge, he is more than a force to be reckoned with.

Moving onto Black Panther; he is a super genius he's not going to take on an opponent like Clayface when he has two teamates who can do it for him. So as far as I'm concerned the targets I first designated are valid. Second even if that was the case and Clayface went after Panther; Panther's energy daggers screw with nervous systems and can even shut them down (I'm getting scans) so he has ways of inflecting damage on Clayface. Now before you post that Clayface doesn't have a nervous system he obviously does as he move's and communicates and thinks but if you're going to claim that please be prepared to back it up with some form of proof.

Also if Hawkman works fast enough he can impale mera and rip her to shreds!

Unless he can move faster than the speed of thought (he can't) she pulls out the water of his body and he passes out or perishes due to dehydration. Now Mera can manipulate large amounts of water at once. So she can pull all the water out of his body at once and one shot him. Given the area of effect of Mera's Water control, she could pull the water out of your whole team at the same time easily.

Hawkman isnt afraid to kill, and his metal is no normal metal, it is living, symbiotic relations to him. It probably isnt like other metals and isnt magnetic.

Do you have proof that the Nth Metal isn't magnetic? And Spidey has other options in his toolbox to deal with Hawkman his Freeze pellets for one.

Also due to poison ivy's affect on claface he is no longer clay more like harder dirt or rock, that water trick wont work very well!

Proof of this? Because your scan's of his malleable body seem to suggest otherwise. Even if he has a consistency of harder dirt as you say, Mera can easily summon enough water to dilute and oversaturate him. So she either draws it out and he falls apart or she disperses him.

How you like me now

Seriously?

#23 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

It says so In one of the scans, about the dirt rock thing, and even if mera is about to kill him, as shown above his flame force thing will incinerate and destroy her! Look above do you not see his speed, he moves faster than she can react.!

#24 Edited by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually living things aren't magnetic, especially science it comes out of his body, like his wings, so I doubt it! Also Spidey will be distracted by DD, and Hackman is too fast for Spidey, he could leave the balltle at his will and sneak attack meta from the sky with the claw of Horus, do not deny that the claw of Horus will crush and cripple mera, it knocked out superman.

#25 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

Usually living things aren't magnetic, especially science it comes out of his body, like his wings, so I doubt it!

So no proof then? By that logic Wolverine, X-23 and Sabertooth aren't magnetic because they're living with metal that comes out their bodies (which is not true as Wolverine has had the metal pulled out of his body). Until you can prove otherwise, I'm going to work off the assumption Nth metal can be magnetized. And even if it can't like I said Spidey's freeze pellets are a O.H.K.O against Hawkman.

Also Spidey will be distracted by DD, and Hackman is too fast for Spidey, he could leave the balltle at his will and sneak attack meta from the sky with the claw of Horus, do not deny that the claw of Horus will crush and cripple mera, it knocked out superman. as shown above his flame force thing will incinerate and destroy her! Look above do you not see his speed, he moves faster than she can react.!

Well that's inconclusive as Superman and Batman were faking to get Hawkman/Marvel off guard, which they did btw even managing to steal their uniforms in the process. I don't think Spidey is too slow to react to react to Hawkman and as I said earlier he's dealt with flying enemies in the past Hawkman isn't bringing anything new to the table in that regard, the opposite can not be said for Hawkman, he's never faced anyone like Spidey.

She doesn't have to react, her hydrokinesis is controlled by her mind and the wide area that she can effect water means she doesn't have to deal with his reactions. She pulls the water out of your whole team at once. The battle starts Spidey is facing Hawkman, Hawkman leaves for w/e reason (that is very OOC for Hawkman the bloodlusted warrior btw) Hawkman comes flying overhead looking for his target... and boom he's got the water pulled out of him and he's down.

It says so In one of the scans, about the dirt rock thing.

The only thing I saw is Batman saying that Clayface's body is like dirt, maybe I missed the scan and it's obvious that his body has moisture in it as when Batman punches him his fist sinks into him and splatters like mud.

Here's how my team wins:

Mera pulls the water out of your whole team as they are moving to attack my guys, this'll take out possibly all of them at once. If for some reason Clayface survives he's now facing three on one, Peter's freeze pellets, BP's energy daggers or Mera's over saturating him until he's dispersed would take the day.

Given his gear Peter is capable of handling any member of your team imo. Magnetic webbing/cryo cubes for Hawkman. Cryo cubes for Clayface and he just out matches Matt in almost all concerned stats (possibly losing to him in h2h..possibly).

Black Panther likewise would be able to take on any member of your team: his claws would tear apart Hawkman's Nth metal, his daggers are capable of one-shoting your team, his K.O.T.D upgrade makes him to much for Matt to handle and his suit largely negates the damage he can inflict on him. In addition to all of that he has a teleporter, forcefield and a cloak. He can go invisible and sneak attack Clayface or 'port on top of Hawkman while he's flying, use his claws to disintergrate his wings and 'port off. He also has no problem with killing so dropping Hawkman from a thousand feet up or 'porting on top of him and putting his claws through his head aren't out of Character for him.

Scans:

First off We have Black Panther, in order: Energy daggers affecting nerves, the ability to fire off multiple daggers at once, Panther's claws stating break down all metal, his suit's forcefield, teleporter and cloak. His King Of The Dead upgrade which boosted his powers at least 9 fold.

Next up we have Spider-Man: Some general dodging feats, catching a bullet, blitzing foes with his level of agility, and his speed compared to D.D.

#26 Edited by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: Again please remember to tag me in your response.

#27 Posted by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tag on an iPad. But anyway, why don't you understand the armor would not let him die,,that is why he is perfect to defeat mera's technique. It would shoot blasts at her really hot blasts as seen above. Also he is very fast and she may not have time for that. Who said mera is going against all of them, and for the last time claw of Horus, even if he dies (which he won't), one plant to the face with this thing and she is dead. Water is deep inside dirt so it wouldn't be as easy as a human. And also you forgot about clay face panther.

#29 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

why don't you understand the armor would not let him die,,that is why he is perfect to defeat mera's technique. It would shoot blasts at her really hot blasts as seen above.

The armor is hardly foolproof, in one scan you have it deflects a bullet from Deathstroke, yet he's also gets shot and stabbed so already there it's defense is called into question. On top of that it seems to reshift it's mass rather than gain it leaving large area's of Hawkman's skin exposed(he has a lot of bare skin already) pores that Mera can pull water from. As for the blast and best it's a trade off Hawkman for Mera, at worst the water nuetralizes the attack.

Also he is very fast and she may not have time for that.

That's debatable.

Who said mera is going against all of them

I did.

and for the last time claw of Horus, even if he dies (which he won't), one plant to the face with this thing and she is dead

Did I say otherwise? I said it knocking out Superman was debatable.

Water is deep inside dirt so it wouldn't be as easy as a human

Huh? Porous malleable dirt is harder to pull water from then a Human?

And also you forgot about clay face panther.

No I didn't I addressed it, here's what I said:

Second even if that was the case and Clayface went after Panther; Panther's energy daggers screw with nervous systems and can even shut them down (I'm getting scans) so he has ways of inflecting damage on Clayface. Now before you post that Clayface doesn't have a nervous system he obviously does as he move's and communicates and thinks but if you're going to claim that please be prepared to back it up with some form of proof.

Anywho I'm done. You can have the last post, then we can vote.

@veitha: I'm ready to vote.

#30 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

No it showed superman knocked out, on the ground I believe bleeding

#31 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Is voting open?

#32 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: I'm ready to vote. I'm not sure about @18hunt... Are you ready to vote?

#33 Posted by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're both ready than we could start voting

#34 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#35 Posted by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting Soveriegn.

#37 Edited by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: thanks for voting.

Sovereign: 1

18hunt: 0

#38 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

This was good for both sides, a lot of scans in this battle, which was good too see. But i think that Sovereign had overall better arguments to back up the scans and evidence that he brought to the table.

Once again, great job on both sides.

@veitha

#39 Posted by Angryprune (687 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote 18hunt

#40 Edited by Veitha (2746 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Sovereign91001 (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

bump