Veitha's Karma Tourney Round 1:Roddy010vsBetatesthighlander

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

For your first mission the evil teams will have to prove to be able to be the most classical thing that an evil team does: steal and kill.

On the other hand, the good team will have to protect and to arrest.

In fact the missions for each teams are the followings:

- The Evil Team will have to go inside a bank and steal the diamonds inside it.They have planned this attack for a week because they knew that there would have been a group of superheroes or at least a group of armed soldiers to protect the bank.

And guess what, they will find both. There are five soldiers equipped with a gun inside the bank and your team will have to go past them to steal the diamonds and then escape. All of your team needs is to escape before the good team arrests them and they will have to kill any witness. The diamonds are contained inside a force field that will take twenty minutes to be turned off, so your team won't be able to just teleport inside the bank and then teleport away, but they will have to wait twenty minutes before they can do so.

- The Good team will have to stay inside the bank, protect the diamonds and arrest the evil team. They were told by an informant about the members of the Evil team and what they wanted to do but they didn't have time to create a plan. They are helped by five soldiers with guns but they will also have to protect the soldiers from the evil team and to prevent any killing. They won't kill their enemies because, y'know, heroes don't kill and they have to prevent killings, or at least let only one soldier survive.

To sum up, the objectives are these:

- Evil Team:

1. Steal the diamonds and survive against the Good team for twenty minutes.

2. Kill all the soldiers and try to kill the superheroes(killing the heroes is optional).

- Good Team:

1. Arrest the Evil Team before they escape by incapacitation or KO.

2. Make sure that at least one soldier survives.

The soldiers have only got a gun and a special armor which gives them some enhanced durability, enough to take one superhuman hit and to take some bullets. You can't bring them in another dimension or stuff like this, you can't even leave the place for another dimension(it's considered self-BFR).

For each team there will be these rules and perks:

- Evil Team:

1. Prep-time. During their prep-time they can do everything they would do in character, but they can't do things such as build or bring a Cosmic Cube or stuff like that. They've got a day of prep-time.

2. Morals off. Your team has got no morals and it's willing to kill the other.

3. No knowledge: your team doesn't know who their enemies are.

4. If there's any bad blood in your team it will come into play.

- Good Team:

1. Full knowledge. Your team has got full knowledge about your enemies. They know their skills and powers and they also know their backgrounds and weakness.

2. Team chemistry. Your team cooperates perfectly.

3. Morals on and no bloodlusted, so they won't be likely to kill or use brute strenght.

4. No prep-time, so your team won't have time to create a tactic or to bring objects with them.

The best debater will be chosen by votes. You can also chose not to accomplish a mission and to focus on the other, but the voters may judge badly because of this.

- NO BFR or insta-kill stuff;

- You can't leave the place;

- Each team starts inside the bank with a distance of 200 metres. Yes, the bank is quite big, and there are also some civilians inside(it's optional for the teams to kill them or to protect them, but if you want to show that your team is very evil or very good then do that lol);

@roddy010 's team:

Street leveler: Black Panther

Bruiser: Rogue (with Ms. Marvel abilities)

Psionics: Jean Grey (Non Phoenix)

Energy: Storm

Wildicard: AOA Blink

@betatesthighlander1 's team:

Street leveler: Taskmaster

Bruiser:Aarkon

Psionics/magic: Evil Ernie

Energy:Stellaris

Wildcard:Magneto

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondave

This should be good

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Roddy010
Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Roddy010

@veitha: I think betatesthilander1 forfeited.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@roddy010: @veitha

sorry guys I was really busy (been over a week since I was really even able to view anything) I'll happily go first if I'm still allowed here

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: well, the obvious choice for me would just to have Magneto steel the entire safe out of the bank

beforehand Stellaris uses her lasers to kill a lot of New Yorkers, and Evil Ernie brings them back as Dead Onez to use as his army, as a distraction more than anything else

@dondave: really? your so sweet!

@veitha:

cool

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Roddy010

@betatesthighlander1: Oh great to see you return man :) Hope all is well.

Are you sure you want to use that tactic? My team has to stay inside the bank and sending Magneto into a bank full of superheroes (some who could potentially solo) would leave one of your team's biggest hitters in the lion's den. Not to mention Blink could port my team to your team's location, tasking them out one by one.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

He doesn't really need to go inside to lift it out, his powers work from a distance

he would do something like this, just tearing the safe out of the bank from a distance

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Not sure if you have been reading Uncanny X-men as of late but Mags has lost a lot of that raw power he once had, due to his interaction with the Phoenix. He now has trouble lifting cars and dismantling sentinels. I doubt he would be able to pull the safe from a distance before my team (who also has a teleporter) jumps on the scene.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

wait, what?

that happened?

am I not allowed to use classic Magneto?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

I would like some evidence of Magneto's apparent nerfing

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I assume we were using the latest version of each character, unless stated otherwise.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: is this a permanent thing? I mean, if the most recent issue ended with Magneto being knocked out, would I ahve to fight with an unconscious Magneto?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Roddy010

@roddy010: is this a permanent thing? I mean, if the most recent issue ended with Magneto being knocked out, would I ahve to fight with an unconscious Magneto?

Yes it is a permanent and that logic can't be applied here. Magneto's powerset has being reduced is not the same as him being knocked unconscious. I;m sorry you have to use a nerfed Magneto but as of late his powers are not what they used to be

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I can't use classic Magneto? (I don;t see where modern was ever specified)

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: also, what is the canon explanation for his nerfage?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Roddy010

@roddy010: also, what is the canon explanation for his nerfage?

It says it right there in the scan lol. Have you read Avengers vs X-men?

@roddy010: I can't use classic Magneto? (I don;t see where modern was ever specified)

Here on the battle forums we use modern characters, unless stated otherwise. You never stated this was classic Magneto so we're basing this off modern day Mags who now has been reduced in power. He still possess a lot of skill though so don't be discouraged. He's still a threat to my team.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: hmmm

by that explanation, it's not really clear if his wounds are scars

still not sure how much we can presume that as a permanent change

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I mean, I really don't have the money to read anything that hasn't been released on TPB, I can never use the most modern version of any ongoing character because of that

i don;t even have any idea what Magneto's been doing lately (what has he been up to?)

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: Oh man so much you have missed out on. lol Mags has been through a lot these days but Before going into any battle I would advice you research the characters and not just their abilities. (I researched your entire team before going into this debate :P) Comicvine is your best bet but you can also try google for info. Mags as well as many other characters from both Marvel and DC have respect threads you can also reference from.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: oh, well dammit, it did mention that

I mean, I thought I knew the character fairly well, but apparently he's been massively revamped recently (I really ahd no idea)

have any of your guys had any major changes recently?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: All of my characters have gone through changes but I specified which version of the characters I wanted to use. exp Rogue (with Ms. Marvel powers), AoA Blink and Jean Grey (non-phoenix). Storm and Black Panther are being used in their most current version.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

hmmm, I geuss in one day Stellaris shouls be able to kill most of the United States of America, and Evil Ernie should eb able to bring them back as Dead Onez

meanwhile, Taskmaster will spend his time watching videoes on safe-cracking and moving discretely (as if he didn;t already know how to do that)

anyways, Stellaris is going to be sitting there on her FTL motor scooter-thing as an army of dead Onez is sent froth to New York to (seemingly) eradicate the city, distracting all of your heroes long enough for Taskmaster (joined by, let's say, Arkon) to go inside the bank and steel the diamonds from the vault

afterwards, everyone gets on Stellaris's bike and flies off into the sunset

sound like a plan to you?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: You're gonna lose the mission that way. Yeah you may distract a few members of my team but it won't do much for taskmaster. I have a highly trained telepath (who can bypass any shield) on my team. he won't be able to sneak up on them very easily.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

your team is all in character, none of them are going to protect diamonds while there's human life at stake; only the soldiers will be there to protect

worst case scenario Taskmaster could just use Magneto's helmet

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Roddy010

@betatesthighlander1: Only a few members of my team will be needed to stop Stellaris. Blink can port any member of my Team to their location all while porting the civilians to safety. Rogue, Storm and Blink will go and take care of Stellaris while Jean and BP stay and protect the diamond. Jean Grey can bypass any telepathic resistance or immunity, she's even bypassed Magneto's helmet in X-men Vol. 2. So Taskmaster isn't sneaking up on these two. Black Panther should easily take out Taskmaster with Jean Grey feeding him his every move.Also stacking T'challa's enhanced physicality and his knowledge/skill of every Panther before him, I don't see Taskmaster taking those diamonds handily. If the fight prolongs Jean could always end it with a small psybolt to ko Taskmaster. He is arrested.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile Storm creates a monsoon to douse the fires that Stellaris has caused within the city. Causing many of the civilians to evacuate. And also taking away your team's visibility. Jean will then telepathically alert my Team of Taskmaster's arrest, where Blink opens a portal to their location. Jean will then locate the rest of your Team who will be taken out one by one. Before this Rogue siphons the abilities of Blink and Jean Grey. Blink Stays in one area creating portals to each combatant.

Storm and Jean will go after Magneto. While Blink and Rogue go after Stellaris and Black Panther goes after Arkon.

Storm and Jean vs Magneto- Since Magneto's powers have been waned it won't be a prolong battle like their usual encounters. Since he has no helmet or defense against Jean's telepathy a simple small psi-bolt will knock him out or Storm could evacuate the air from his lungs for a quick ko. Magneto is arrested.

Rogue vs Stellaris- Stellaris is the biggest threat on your Team. WIth her suit she can form in type of weaponry that could be deadly on a planetary scale. However the woman controlling the suit is just a mere human with no enhanced reflexes. Her suit is powered by her thoughts which are a lot slower than Rogue's reaction. Her superspeed combined with her teleportation should give her enough evasive maneuvering to dodge Stellaris's attacks. This fight should end with a psi-bolt from Rogue. Stellaris is arrested.

Black Panther vs Arkon- Arkon possess many attributes that make him a notable for but against the Panther I doubt he would suceed. With T'challa's enhanced superhuman abilities he should tip the scale, being that Arkon would not be able to keep up with T'challa. T'challa fighting ability also trumps Arkon by a mile. This ends in a KO punch to the face. Arkon is arrested.

This leaves another big gun for your team Evil Ernie. I'll post more in a minute.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil Ernie vs Everyone- Evil Ernie is another big gun for you and will be a great deal of trouble for my team. He has great regeneration abilities and could bring back the dead. However due to the monsoon created earlier Evil Ernie won't have many dead onez for his army. Since they are already dead they won't be much of a liability for my team. Storm can summon an arc of lightning hitting multiple targets simultaneously. This will instantly take out the dead onez leaving Evil Ernie to find for himself. At this point it's 5 vs 1 and due to the raw power of my team I don't see Evil Ernie surviving long at all. Jean could anchor him with her tk while Storm pulls cold from the troposphere to flash freeze him. Evil Ernie is incapacitated.

The Policeman are safe back at the bank along with the diamonds and each member of your team is apprehended.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@betatesthighlander1: Only a few members of my team will be needed to stop Stellaris. Blink can port any member of my Team to their location all while porting the civilians to safety. Rogue, Storm and Blink will go and take care of Stellaris while Jean and BP stay and protect the diamond. Jean Grey can bypass any telepathic resistance or immunity, she's even bypassed Magneto's helmet in X-men Vol. 2. So Taskmaster isn't sneaking up on these two. Black Panther should easily take out Taskmaster with Jean Grey feeding him his every move.Also stacking T'challa's enhanced physicality and his knowledge/skill of every Panther before him, I don't see Taskmaster taking those diamonds handily. If the fight prolongs Jean could always end it with a small psybolt to ko Taskmaster. He is arrested.

dude, Stellaris isn't even going to be attacking you guys

by the time I arrive she would have already done her job, all of the America will be in EE's army of zombies

again, your guys are gonna have to go out and fight the Dead Army

@roddy010 said:

Meanwhile Storm creates a monsoon to douse the fires that Stellaris has caused within the city. Causing many of the civilians to evacuate. And also taking away your team's visibility. Jean will then telepathically alert my Team of Taskmaster's arrest, where Blink opens a portal to their location. Jean will then locate the rest of your Team who will be taken out one by one. Before this Rogue siphons the abilities of Blink and Jean Grey. Blink Stays in one area creating portals to each combatant.

again., Stellaris won't even be attacking the city, it will be the army of people she killed lead by Ernest Fairchild

@roddy010 said:

Storm and Jean will go after Magneto. While Blink and Rogue go after Stellaris and Black Panther goes after Arkon.

hmm, I don't see either of your guys really doing that well against Stellaris

even if you do, they'll be to busy with the dead army

@roddy010 said:

Storm and Jean vs Magneto- Since Magneto's powers have been waned it won't be a prolong battle like their usual encounters. Since he has no helmet or defense against Jean's telepathy a simple small psi-bolt will knock him out or Storm could evacuate the air from his lungs for a quick ko. Magneto is arrested.

Rogue vs Stellaris- Stellaris is the biggest threat on your Team. WIth her suit she can form in type of weaponry that could be deadly on a planetary scale. However the woman controlling the suit is just a mere human with no enhanced reflexes. Her suit is powered by her thoughts which are a lot slower than Rogue's reaction. Her superspeed combined with her teleportation should give her enough evasive maneuvering to dodge Stellaris's attacks. This fight should end with a psi-bolt from Rogue. Stellaris is arrested.

Black Panther vs Arkon- Arkon possess many attributes that make him a notable for but against the Panther I doubt he would suceed. With T'challa's enhanced superhuman abilities he should tip the scale, being that Arkon would not be able to keep up with T'challa. T'challa fighting ability also trumps Arkon by a mile. This ends in a KO punch to the face. Arkon is arrested.

This leaves another big gun for your team Evil Ernie. I'll post more in a minute.

yeah, most of these seem to ignore my strategy

also, you are aware that Arkon was able to go toe-to-toe with Hercules, yes?

and Stellaris is fast enough to keep up with 2 Thors, She-Hulk, Captain America, and Quasar at the same time

@roddy010 said:

Evil Ernie vs Everyone- Evil Ernie is another big gun for you and will be a great deal of trouble for my team. He has great regeneration abilities and could bring back the dead. However due to the monsoon created earlier Evil Ernie won't have many dead onez for his army. Since they are already dead they won't be much of a liability for my team. Storm can summon an arc of lightning hitting multiple targets simultaneously. This will instantly take out the dead onez leaving Evil Ernie to find for himself. At this point it's 5 vs 1 and due to the raw power of my team I don't see Evil Ernie surviving long at all. Jean could anchor him with her tk while Storm pulls cold from the troposphere to flash freeze him. Evil Ernie is incapacitated.

The Policeman are safe back at the bank along with the diamonds and each member of your team is apprehended.

dude, if there's an army of people more durable than humans occupying New York, you can't just weather them away without killing everyone in NY

EE can control upwards of seventy million Dead Onez

No Caption Provided

now, Stellaris should be able to kill seventy million easily in our prep, so your going to be faced with a giant invasion; and I don't see how your guys are going to, in character, stay to guard the diamonds.

Just don't see heroic characters doing that

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: My team has a teleporter and a telepath who both have long ranged abilities. As I said above Blink could port any member of my team where they have to go while Jean keeps the team communicated telepathically. Rogue can siphon the abilities of everyone to cause trouble for any member of your team and Storm has multiple AOE attacks. They have more than enough fire power to multitask.

dude, Stellaris isn't even going to be attacking you guys by the time I arrive she would have already done her job. all of the America will be in EE's army of zombies again, your guys are gonna have to go out and fight the Dead Army.

I never said she was attacking my team. My team was split up to neutralize the threat and protect the diamonds. Besides her suit must self destruct to do damage on that level. Stellaris can't do that type of destruction without harming herself and her teammates. Even if she does manage to kill a great number of people this still doesn't prevent my team from multitasking. Blink could easily port herself Storm and Rogue to that location. The Dead Army is an army of canon fodder against these mutants. Blink could teleport most (if not all) to the moon another option would be Storm calling down multiple arcs simultaneously. Being that they are dead and not sentinent Storm will have no problem taken them down. She did so in Curse of the Mutants when she was forced to kill the victims of a vampric curse.

No Caption Provided

Not at all Arkon can easily be taken out by Jean Grey he has little to no telepathic resistance/immunity. Not that it matters anyway.

also, you are aware that Arkon was able to go toe-to-toe with Hercules, yes? and Stellaris is fast enough to keep up with 2 Thors, She-Hulk, Captain America, and Quasar at the same time

Black Panther has gone toe to to with Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, Iron Fist, Super Skrull and Mephisto just to name a few. Rogue even single handily took down the Avengers. Having a resume is all fine and dandy but my team has tactic and fire power on their side. How is Stellaris going to keep up with Rogue porting in multiple directions all while toying with her mind?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@betatesthighlander1: My team has a teleporter and a telepath who both have long ranged abilities. As I said above Blink could port any member of my team where they have to go while Jean keeps the team communicated telepathically. Rogue can siphon the abilities of everyone to cause trouble for any member of your team and Storm has multiple AOE attacks. They have more than enough fire power to multitask.

against seventy million zombies? really?

@roddy010 said:

dude, Stellaris isn't even going to be attacking you guys by the time I arrive she would have already done her job. all of the America will be in EE's army of zombies again, your guys are gonna have to go out and fight the Dead Army.

I never said she was attacking my team. My team was split up to neutralize the threat and protect the diamonds. Besides her suit must self destruct to do damage on that level. Stellaris can't do that type of destruction without harming herself and her teammates. Even if she does manage to kill a great number of people this still doesn't prevent my team from multitasking. Blink could easily port herself Storm and Rogue to that location. The Dead Army is an army of canon fodder against these mutants. Blink could teleport most (if not all) to the moon another option would be Storm calling down multiple arcs simultaneously. Being that they are dead and not sentinent Storm will have no problem taken them down. She did so in Curse of the Mutants when she was forced to kill the victims of a vampric curse.

No Caption Provided

hmmm, well, Stellaris was able to kill (someone in every way equal to) Thor

No Caption Provided

who was able to survive inside of the sun.....

No Caption Provided

okay, I recall AoA Blink having a limited number of teleports, first of all (even if she didn't, she'd still have to expose herself to a massive army without getting shot)

and these Dead Onez would be occupying New York, so any Area of effect attack would also kill thousands of innocent victims

I should also point out that Dead Onez are fairly impressive (for "cannon fodder") on their own, they do manage to operate weapons and military equipment

@roddy010 said:

Not at all Arkon can easily be taken out by Jean Grey he has little to no telepathic resistance/immunity. Not that it matters anyway.

okay,. Arkon isn't really required for any of this, and Jean will be busy with teh army of dead Onez, or will she be busy detecting Taskmaster?

I'm very confused

@roddy010 said:

also, you are aware that Arkon was able to go toe-to-toe with Hercules, yes? and Stellaris is fast enough to keep up with 2 Thors, She-Hulk, Captain America, and Quasar at the same time

Black Panther has gone toe to to with Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, Iron Fist, Super Skrull and Mephisto just to name a few. Rogue even single handily took down the Avengers. Having a resume is all fine and dandy but my team has tactic and fire power on their side. How is Stellaris going to keep up with Rogue porting in multiple directions all while toying with her mind?

Rougue can teleport?

you only mention Ms Marvel's abilities in your OP

anyways, I think she has targeting computers and teh like

again, I think Rougue will be to busy with the Dead Onez

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Roddy010

@betatesthighlander1: I'm sorry but you strategy is a bit asinine and unnecessary to the original mission. Killing 70 million people just to rob a bank? The state of New York alone populates 19.57 million people. There won't be a an army of 70 million people, there is not enough space to occupy them. If your team does manage to create Dead Ones I'd put the numbers in the thousands at most.

The proceess to create that many Dead Ones will take too long anyway. Even in your scans it took days for the numbers to reach that high. This will also puts a few members of your team in jeopardy of being killed by this massive army of zombies.

That is a huge exaggeration. That scan is from Thor #420 featuring Eric Materson. Eric Materson is not equal to Thor in anyway. He may have similar powers but it has been proven time and again that he is inferior. This is irrelevant anyway since Stelarris is still vulnerable to telepathy. Even with all her suit's weaponry and power, her mind is still weak against a telepath.

No Caption Provided

okay, I recall AoA Blink having a limited number of teleports, first of all (even if she didn't, she'd still have to expose herself to a massive army without getting shot)

Blink has teleported entire teams of X-men to the moon and back with no strain. She's a bullet timer and has incredible acrobatics so I don't see any of the Dead Ones laying a hit on her.

okay,. Arkon isn't really required for any of this, and Jean will be busy with teh army of dead Onez, or will she be busy detecting Taskmaster?

I'm very confused

Jean and Black Panther are still at the bank waiting for Taskmaster and or Arkon. You said Arkon would be with Taskmaster for back up. Jean doesn't have to actively detect Taskmaster. As a telepath she has an inert ability to detect thoughts/essence of even shielded minds so her focus won't be broken. She can also multitask her her tk.

Rougue can teleport?

I'm using classic Rogue when she had her Ms. Marvel abilities along with her mutant power to siphon the abilities/traits/skills of others. Meaning she can stack her entire teams powers for her own if she wanted to.

Your team won't last very long if the Dead Ones are all you have to rely on. Once again my team has tactic and fire power on their side, they have no problem multitasking all while keeping communication with each other. They can split up. Storm, Blink and Rogue could handle the canon fodder that is the Dead Ones on their own. Blink opens a portal to the moon while Storm creates a vortex to suck them into it or she could flash freeze them or call down multiple arcs of lightning. My team has so many options to take down the Dead Ones that they aren't even relevant.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@betatesthighlander1: I'm sorry but you strategy is a bit asinine and unnecessary to the original mission. Killing 70 million people just to rob a bank? The state of New York alone populates 19.57 million people. There won't be a an army of 70 million people, there is not enough space to occupy them. If your team does manage to create Dead Ones I'd put the numbers in the thousands at most.

does the OP state that we can't leave NY for prep?

anyways, I think we could get across the rest of the nation and cause some pretty high casualties before then

and every human being on Earth could fit into an area the size of Rhode island, so i don't see seventy million being to big for New Work City

@roddy010 said:

The proceess to create that many Dead Ones will take too long anyway. Even in your scans it took days for the numbers to reach that high. This will also puts a few members of your team in jeopardy of being killed by this massive army of zombies.

yeah, Evil Ernie is in total control of his minions,first of all

and it took days because EE wasn't able to kill the as efficiently as someone like Stellaris could

@roddy010 said:

That is a huge exaggeration. That scan is from Thor #420 featuring Eric Materson. Eric Materson is not equal to Thor in anyway. He may have similar powers but it has been proven time and again that he is inferior. This is irrelevant anyway since Stelarris is still vulnerable to telepathy. Even with all her suit's weaponry and power, her mind is still weak against a telepath.

No Caption Provided

that was not Eric Masterson she killed, that was the cone of Thor made by the Celestials in Thor 389

again, I don't see her using telepathy to break Stellaris while there are so many people to save

@roddy010 said:

Blink has teleported entire teams of X-men to the moon and back with no strain. She's a bullet timer and has incredible acrobatics so I don't see any of the Dead Ones laying a hit on her.

I'm not talking about distance, i'm saying that i'm fairly sure she has a limited amount of those teleportation-dagger things

and being able to move faster than a falling water droplet does not mean that you can stay dry in a rainstorm

@roddy010 said:

I'm very confused

Jean and Black Panther are still at the bank waiting for Taskmaster and or Arkon. You said Arkon would be with Taskmaster for back up. Jean doesn't have to actively detect Taskmaster. As a telepath she has an inert ability to detect thoughts/essence of even shielded minds so her focus won't be broken. She can also multitask her her tk.

first of all, it is entirely out of character for BP and Storm to just stand there while people are dying outside en masse

and i'd like to see some feats for what you just said Jean gray could do

@roddy010 said:

Rougue can teleport?

I'm using classic Rogue when she had her Ms. Marvel abilities along with her mutant power to siphon the abilities/traits/skills of others. Meaning she can stack her entire teams powers for her own if she wanted to.

you are expressly breaking the rules you set up earlier

you never said you'd be using the classic version of a character (the modern version could still absorb MM, so that doesn't prove anything)

so, by your own rules, you should not be able to use the classic version

anyways, that seems a little like outside help to me

@roddy010 said:

Your team won't last very long if the Dead Ones are all you have to rely on. Once again my team has tactic and fire power on their side, they have no problem multitasking all while keeping communication with each other. They can split up. Storm, Blink and Rogue could handle the canon fodder that is the Dead Ones on their own. Blink opens a portal to the moon while Storm creates a vortex to suck them into it or she could flash freeze them or call down multiple arcs of lightning. My team has so many options to take down the Dead Ones that they aren't even relevant.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Blink cannot, as far as I can remember, create a stable portal

and any of the options you mentioned would kill thousands of New York citizens, so, in character, none of your team would use them (also, a few of the things you mentioned don't sound like anything any of your people have ever done)

so, yeah, you still don't have any real counters to my plan

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roddy010

@betatesthighlander1: 70 million people are going to occupy Manhattan comfortably? Right. If that's the case you're entire team with the exception of Stellaris and Evil Ernie will be dead. You should really reread the OP and regulate your tactics.

that was not Eric Masterson she killed, that was the cone of Thor made by the Celestials in Thor 389

again, I don't see her using telepathy to break Stellaris while there are so many people to save

My mistake that's actually Replicoid, another clone of Thor who was less powerful and had to survive off of Celestial life energy. Stellaris's suit is made of Celestial tech so her killing a less powerful clone with a suit deprived from the same source he's made off. Yeah that's very impressive. Show me scans of Stellaris resisting telepathy.

I'm not talking about distance, i'm saying that i'm fairly sure she has a limited amount of those teleportation-dagger things

and being able to move faster than a falling water droplet does not mean that you can stay dry in a rainstorm

Who's arguing distance? I showed you that Blink is fast enough to evade any of the Dead Ones all while porting them without strain.

first of all, it is entirely out of character for BP and Storm to just stand there while people are dying outside en masse

>.> Read my original post....

She's bypass Immunity and High level resistance before.

Emma Frost- Her diamond form makes her completely immune to bot telepathic and Empathic manipulation. Heck she doesn't even need to eat or breath but Jean was still able to bypass her defense on three occasions all taking place in New X-men. After Genosha had been destroyed (with Emma underneath the rubble in her diamond form) Jean was still able to sense her essence. After finding out about Emma and Scott's psychic affair, Jean invaded Emma's mind despite her efforts to resist using her diamond form. Later in this arc, Emma is shot with a diamond bullet and is shattered across the X-mansion floor. Jean was still able to collect her conscouisness and telekinetically put her pieces back together on a molecular level.

Juggernaut- Cain is highly resistant to telepathy and actually has two lines of defense. His helmet (which protects its wearer from any psychic properties) as well as a forcefield composed of mystic energy. Jean was able to bypass his defenses on two separate occasions.

Magneto- It's a well known fact that Magneto's helmet block telepathic influences. His will power also plays a pivotal role in his high resistance, to the point where he could battle Xavier on the astral plane. In X-men (2nd Series) Jean was able to bypass his defenses and implant illusions of an entire encounter that even included him using his powers to kill Dazzler.

Cipher-She was also able to detect Cipher, whose mutant ability allows her to become completely undetectable both psychically or physically. New X-Men vol. 2.

you never said you'd be using the classic version of a character (the modern version could still absorb MM, so that doesn't prove anything)

Rogue (Ms. Marvel abilities) meaning Rogue during the era she retained her Ms. Marvel abilities along with her mutant power. I was clear with Veitha when I picked my characters.

All the scans I've provided have shown otherwise.

and any of the options you mentioned would kill thousands of New York citizens, so, in character, none of your team would use them (also, a few of the things you mentioned don't sound like anything any of your people have ever done)

No it wouldn't. The city will already be evacuated due to the monsoon Storm created. So where is your counter. How is Stellaris or any of your team going to resist telepathy?

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@betatesthighlander1: 70 million people are going to occupy Manhattan comfortably? Right. If that's the case you're entire team with the exception of Stellaris and Evil Ernie will be dead. You should really reread the OP and regulate your tactics.

yeah, the first statement doesn't make any sense

and how exactly was I breaking the rules

@roddy010 said:

My mistake that's actually Replicoid, another clone of Thor who was less powerful and had to survive off of Celestial life energy. Stellaris's suit is made of Celestial tech so her killing a less powerful clone with a suit deprived from the same source he's made off. Yeah that's very impressive. Show me scans of Stellaris resisting telepathy.

my main problem with that argument is that your basing it off of stuff that you made up

the Thor clone is said to be an exact replica; and the stuff about Stellaris having an advantage seems like a bit of a fanwank (especially considering that she had never even fought a Celestial at that point)

@roddy010 said:

Who's arguing distance? I showed you that Blink is fast enough to evade any of the Dead Ones all while porting them without strain.

no, not really.

you showed her teleporting about twenty guys with no range attacks

that is entirely different

and again, fairly sure she can only port so many people

@roddy010 said:

>.> Read my original post....

..........which post?

because I don't really remmember you explaining that

@roddy010 said:

She's bypass Immunity and High level resistance before.

Emma Frost- Her diamond form makes her completely immune to bot telepathic and Empathic manipulation. Heck she doesn't even need to eat or breath but Jean was still able to bypass her defense on three occasions all taking place in New X-men. After Genosha had been destroyed (with Emma underneath the rubble in her diamond form) Jean was still able to sense her essence. After finding out about Emma and Scott's psychic affair, Jean invaded Emma's mind despite her efforts to resist using her diamond form. Later in this arc, Emma is shot with a diamond bullet and is shattered across the X-mansion floor. Jean was still able to collect her conscouisness and telekinetically put her pieces back together on a molecular level.

Juggernaut- Cain is highly resistant to telepathy and actually has two lines of defense. His helmet (which protects its wearer from any psychic properties) as well as a forcefield composed of mystic energy. Jean was able to bypass his defenses on two separate occasions.

Magneto- It's a well known fact that Magneto's helmet block telepathic influences. His will power also plays a pivotal role in his high resistance, to the point where he could battle Xavier on the astral plane. In X-men (2nd Series) Jean was able to bypass his defenses and implant illusions of an entire encounter that even included him using his powers to kill Dazzler.

Cipher-She was also able to detect Cipher, whose mutant ability allows her to become completely undetectable both psychically or physically. New X-Men vol. 2.

scans are always nice

I am unfamiliar with any of these feats

@roddy010 said:

Rogue (Ms. Marvel abilities) meaning Rogue during the era she retained her Ms. Marvel abilities along with her mutant power. I was clear with Veitha when I picked my characters.

that means Rogue with Ms Marvel's abilities, no more, no less

you have still shown no indicator of her being the classic version until right now

@roddy010 said:

All the scans I've provided have shown otherwise.

where?

@roddy010 said:

No it wouldn't. The city will already be evacuated due to the monsoon Storm created. So where is your counter. How is Stellaris or any of your team going to resist telepathy?

well, I think we could probably make some stuff with Magneto's helmet (not that it matters)

anyways, your counter does not seem valid to me because

A: still a bit out of character for Storm

B: that would require pro\ior knowledge of my plan

C: that would also require assistance from the government, who would probably be busy with the massive Dead Onez invasion

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: also, by power of OP, I return to my original plan of just tearing out the safe

No Caption Provided

I'm ripping the safe out and running with it, but the Dead Onez should still pose quite the distraction

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Sorry to bail but this was a mismatch. I need more of a challenge.

@betatesthighlander1: I'm sorry but I change my mind after seeing your debating history and looking back at this thread it is clear that this was a mistake from the beginning. You completely disregard the rules, overlook all the facts and scans that I provided. You have yet to come up with a reasonable counter/tactic to complete the mission and now your changing your character because he isn't as powerful as he used to be. You have no knowledge of hardly any of the characters on the battle field and have no desire to RESEARCH a character. I give you issue numbers but you cry for scans. How about you buy a comic and stop relying on other people to give you scans that you're gonna overlook anyway >.>.

Even with classic Magneto my team still wins. No one has an answer for telepathy on your team. Hell Storm alone will give Mags trouble.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@veitha: Sorry to bail but this was a mismatch. I need more of a challenge.

@betatesthighlander1: I'm sorry but I change my mind after seeing your debating history and looking back at this thread it is clear that this was a mistake from the beginning. You completely disregard the rules, overlook all the facts and scans that I provided. You have yet to come up with a reasonable counter/tactic to complete the mission and now your changing your character because he isn't as powerful as he used to be. You have no knowledge of hardly any of the characters on the battle field and have no desire to RESEARCH a character. I give you issue numbers but you cry for scans. How about you buy a comic and stop relying on other people to give you scans that you're gonna overlook anyway >.>.

Even with classic Magneto my team still wins. No one has an answer for telepathy on your team. Hell Storm alone will give Mags trouble.

Magneto has the telepathy resistant helmet

and your only tactic to support that is to exploit the fact that I don't have the capital to actually buy that comic and see what happens

seriously not sure about me overlooking scans, don't remember doing that

seriously though, I do like how your strategy is to say that something doesn't count, than bail and say it's my fault when the OP says otherwise

Magneto just lifts the safe out of the bank, you have essentially no counter to that, and I don't need to beat storm, just get the diamonds, kill the soldiers, and leave

anyways, if you really think you can't do this, than that's your prerogative

goodbye